Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** NEW! A Cottage For Christmas! NO CC PG 123** by TarynTempestwind

Comments

• Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Haha that was a great tour Taryn! I absolutely love how over grown the entire yard is and all the webs. Awesome build all the way around! Rec'd and Fav'd :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Corvus Estate and your tour of it is so very great! :) Your descriptive tour and story of it and the background details of it are presented so well! It is a very great Spooky Day home! It looks great how you have used the cobwebs through the rooms and areas of the home! The textures that you have used for the walls and furnishings suits the theme of the home so well! It looks great how all the furnishings and rooms have a faded look to them! The overgrown plants that have come into some of the rooms looks great! You have captured the theme of a faded , rundown home so very well in each and every room and area of the build, both the interiors, exterior and the outdoors! Very nice exterior of the house! It looks very great how you have captured photos of your build with the colours in the skies that reflect well both the theme of the house and also what you have written to accompany the particular pictures. The ghost in one of the pictures looks great! The skeleton in the room which has the crates and martial arts item in it looks scary! I don't think I will think about that picture! It looks great how you have done the outdoors areas! It looks great the types of plants that you have used, and that they are overgrown. The exterior design of the house is very nice! The tower and roofing looks very great! Although the home is rundown and the interiors are faded and the outdoors areas have been left without the care of an owner who lives there and cares for the propery, it is a very nice and grand home! You can tell from the house that it was very grand and elegant when people did live there, and would have held many special memories and times for the people who lived there. Very nice furnishing of all the rooms! The floor rugs and wall and floor patterns look very nice. The alchemy room is great! Sims who lived there look like they enjoyed brewing up elixirs and it is great that they stocked the cabinet with elixirs they made and insects thst they caught. The two storey living room is great! The type of staircase that you used in the build looks great and suits it well! It is great that you used the water wheel in your build. Very nice night time pictures of the build! The full moon and the stars in the skies look great! The fogginess of the outdoors area looks great!
    Very nicely designed home which reflects your background story and theme of it very well! Very nice tour of it through words and pictures! :)
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    Oh thank you Cassee, ?Meg's and Rosemow! I love the little notes! And don't worry Rose, it's not a very scary lot....just a little!

Good night all! I will be back to look in Your CCthreads tomorrow. I just fell asleep WHILE
    I was typing....should probably go to bed, yes?
  • Options
    Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
    @taryntemptestwind this is amazing! it is so detailed and creative, and the narrative of the build really felt like I was in a ghost story :) Thank you for sharing this spooky build! Will be reccing
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    Taryn my master builder extraordinaire I appologise that I haven't left a comment more quickly ... but my fire hunks had to revive me several times and are still on standby ;) ... absolutely AWESOME creation and perfect in every way!! :) x
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Gorgeous home! :D Perfect for Halloween! The architecture, the landscaping and the interiors are outstanding! Love your builds Taryn! Will definitely recommend and add to favourites. <3
  • Options
    Thank you very very much ladies!
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Sweet Taryn dear! I love it and just in time for the season dear!! I love the way you make the creek it looks so real! I need a class please on making real looking creeks!!! Of to DRF dear!!!
  • Options
    Aw, thank you Bree!
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Taryn your new home is AMAZING!!!! Love it! When I reinstall my TS3 games and store content I will be downloading it!
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    Oh the Corvus Estate is just magnificent!! I will definitely be downloading this and playing it. I haven't played Sims 3 since getting Sims 4 but I really want to play this house!! Great job!!
  • Options
    Thank you Jenny and Evclm!
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    I LOVE this! Your first picture with the birds flying up above is eerie and I love the night shot too with the ghost. Wonderful job! Rec'd.
    sigg.gif

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Ooooo! Creepy and eerie for Halloween! Love it! The Sunset pic is just gorgeous! <3
  • Options
    Oh thank you Romagi and Petalbot!!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Taryn this build is a masterpiece so detailed and every picture conveys the eerie feel of a haunted house. Amazing work as always.
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    I'm just catching up with everything and found a new lighting fixture in my purchase history, thank you so much Taryn *hugs*.

Corvus Estate is so cleverly thought out: it is complete perfection. Rec'd and adding to my favourites. :D
  • Options
    Angella_RosettaAngella_Rosetta Posts: 185 Member
    Wow! Taryn, you have done it again. Your queen of the MOO and Fairies too! I love this One, Summers End...It looks so cute and cosy...rec'd. xxx Linda
  • Options
    Thank you Folly and Dorothy And Angella!

New build coming soon! A 3 bedroom cottage!
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    that estate is so wonderful, really sets a mood. I love your use of the cobwebs. I plan on downloading it!
  • Options
    Thank you Krims!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Cavandish Cottage is just a quaint little three bedroom 2.5 home on a 30x30 lot. It's just big enough to feel roomy and well appointed, but not so big that it becomes hard to play. It will be a cozy little home or a wonderful get-away.

Cavandish Cottage (NO CC) Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8479895

The front of the home with sloped roof, arbor covered porch and a garage towards the back of the lot:
    . Screenshot-248_zps68eba362.jpg

Screenshot-209_zps1333dd04.jpg

A close-up of the front entrance and porch:
    Screenshot-212_zpsb299c36d.jpg

The right side:
    Screenshot-208_zps1ec752a9.jpg

The back of the property:
    Screenshot-245_zps37c43e53.jpg

There is a little swing tucked inside this gazebo just for some fun:
    Screenshot-244_zps9233b0b6.jpg

Here is the left side of the home:
    Screenshot-205_zps9333a557.jpg

As you enter the home there is an open "L" shaped stairway and this antique credenza I MOOed together:
    Screenshot-213_zps5fe374ec.jpg

Screenshot-214_zpsa91c2e71.jpg

To the left is a cozy library/study:
    Screenshot-216_zps8fd6fc0e.jpg

To the left is the living room:
    Screenshot-217_zps8264a240.jpg
    Screenshot-219_zps85a423cc.jpg

The dining room opens to the back porch and has a fireplace:
    Screenshot-220_zps0d14511b.jpg

The eat-in kitchen is homey and quite large:
    Screenshot-224_zps17061d6b.jpg

Screenshot-221_zps49ab08cf.jpg

Screenshot-222_zps4bb5d367.jpg

The sunroom is a sunny, quiet place to read or practice piano lessons:
    Screenshot-226_zpsda2e2e5c.jpg

Upstairs is a small seating area nested in between the bedrooms:
    Screenshot-229_zps5407bcd6.jpg

The master bedroom is cool and calming:
    Screenshot-233_zpsc75123d1.jpg

It also has a little fireplace, and this little open niche that spans the stairway and looks out to a dormer window:
    Screenshot-232_zps2b14e63d.jpg

The master bath is small, but still luxurious:
    Screenshot-234_zps1b282d71.jpg

There is a child's bedroom. it is small, but has everything you need due to the use of some MOOed built ins.
    Screenshot-235_zpsbd747d42.jpg

And there is a sweet little nursery just awaiting a new baby:
    Screenshot-238_zps55e54c16.jpg

Everything is upgraded and fireproofed, the alarms are in place, but hidden. No Cap or CC as always. Hope you enjoy this sunny little cottage!

Cavandish Cottage: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8479895

Screenshot-210_zps44dd01a6.jpg

XOXO Taryn
    Post edited by TarynTempestwind on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Cavendish Cottage is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing is great! Nice textures that you have used for the exterior and the greenery on the exterior looks nice. It looks nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the home. It looks very nice how you have done the archway entrance! The flower edged front pathway and steps to the front porch looks great! The greenery covered trellis front porch is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats there, resting in the outdoors air and having a chat. The lemonade jug on the table and the harvest basket on the wall besude the front door are nice touches there. The exterior of the garage looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers and plants in the outdoors areas. The gazebo with the swing underneath it looks very nice! It looks great how you have created it! It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy playing on the swing in the sunshine with the nice sight of the nearby flowers to enjoy seeing. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The credenza that you have created looks very great! It looks nice how you have placed the small plants and White flowers on the shelf there.Nice nook area under the staircase where you have placed the plant in the basket. Very nice library study! It looks nice how you have done the curtains there, and nice type of seats that you have placed there for sims to enjoy sitting resting and reading a book, or enjoying sitting at the table using the computer, with the subsjine coming in through the windows. It looks great how you have placed the bookcases in the room. The yellow flowers on the desk is nice for sims to see. Very nice living room! It looks great how you have used mooing both in this room and all throughout the home! The mooed bookcase/tv/fireplace section, the alcove with shelves which have the vases, bowl and plant, and the window alcove with the plants on it all look so very great! They are great areas in the room! The fans and leaves pictures are nice touches on the walls. It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and armchsirs there for sims to enjoy sitting and chatting in front of the fire, or rest and read a book or watch tv. Very nice dining room! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the nectar rack with their meal. The bottle and glasses and the decanter on the table there are a nice touch. It looks nice how you have placed plants on the fireplace ledge, which are nice green touches in the room. The beige colour scheme of the room looks nice. Nice type of ceiling light that you have used. Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! The texture and type of the furnishings looks nice, homely and cottagey. The stove alcove looks great, and the island table looks nice with the kitchen touches of the knife set and fruit bowl. Very nice window alcove breakfast nook! Sims will enjoy eating their meals with the sunshine coming in through the windows. The sunroom looks such a very nice sunny and light filled room to enjoy sitting and reading or listening to the piano being played with the sunlight coming in onto them! It looks great how you have created the piano, and the windows look great there! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The colour scheme of the master bedroom loks very calming. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either side of the fireplace and shelf above it.Sims will enjoy relaxing on the lounger there, having a read of a book. The paintings on the walls are restful for sims to enjoy seeing. Very nice nursery! The green colour scheme and the leafy theme of the room looks very nice!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    I really love how you can mix and mesh together some items. I would have never think of doing. :)

Really awesome build.....Like WOW! <3 it!
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg