Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winners Announced! ♦Fabulous Foundations♦ Come and look at the wonderful entries:-)

Comments

• Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    It's the weekend!
    I can catch up hurrah. Some new entries to go look at too :D
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    It's the weekend!
    I can catch up hurrah. Some new entries to go look at too :D

Yeah for weekends! I live for weekends. :smile:
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @cmbaker and @mrlabean both of your builds look great so far!

@cmbaker I love all the colors you've used so far! I almost feel like it could be a Farmhouse Victorian home with the fencing you have chosen, but I could definitely see it going in the gothic Victorian direction. Either way it looks great!

Thank you...and I don't really know the different house styles I had set out to do Gothic Victorian but ti did become another type of Victorian I'm glad it is seen as a Victorian I think I'll go the farmhouse Victorian direction as that's what a few have said :)
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    I'm in! I'm not sure, if I understood all the rules, since I'm not familiar with English shortening of the words, but one has to start somewhere. I have never entered a competition before, for there are so much silence in in this are in the Finnish forums I'm in.

I tought I'd try some Finnish styled house, but when I saw the foundation, I had to give up that idea, otherwise I would have already broke the rules by not keeping the style, for Finnish house sure doesn't have that complex foundation :D

Is this one round competition or will there be more, I'm sorry I didn't get that? It doesn't really matter to me, more rounds would actually be cool :)

And the style has to be realistic, not some sort of fantasy style?
  • Options
    @Silvakristiina, welcome! It is nice to meet you.

I think she would start a new contest, NOT a new round.

A fantasy style sounds awesome, but I do NOT know if it that is allowed.

We need some people to like your comments so you can change from NEW member to MEMBER.
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    I'm in! I'm not sure, if I understood all the rules, since I'm not familiar with English shortening of the words, but one has to start somewhere. I have never entered a competition before, for there are so much silence in in this are in the Finnish forums I'm in. <br />
    <br />
    I tought I'd try some Finnish styled house, but when I saw the foundation, I had to give up that idea, otherwise I would have already broke the rules by not keeping the style, for Finnish house sure doesn't have that complex foundation :D <br />
    <br />
    Is this one round competition or will there be more, I'm sorry I didn't get that? It doesn't really matter to me, more rounds would actually be cool :)<br />
    <br />
    And the style has to be realistic, not some sort of fantasy style?

Welcome Silvakristiina. I hope you will consider entering the contest. The foundation we must all use is indeed a challenge. If you cannot make a Finnish style house using that foundation, possibly there is another style you can make. Remember, you can turn the foundation in any direction you want.
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    Yey, already having a major problem! :D My Launcher doesn't work at all and I use CC Magic to launch the game. This means I cannot download the foundation -.- Is there any way I could build the same foundation by my self? I think I can count the location, but I would kindly thank if someone could check the correct location from the lot :)
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies, wow you are fast! :) I got an new inspiration, and it could even be better, Finnish houses are actually quite boring :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'll get you an overhead picture with gridlines, @Silvakristiina.

My game is still loading, but it shouldn't take me too long.
  • Options
    Oh, thank you very much! How sweet of you! :) I couldn't imagine getting this warm welcome :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Screenshot_zps2ae8b067.jpg
    Okay, I set it down exactly opposite or 180 degrees off from the original post.

Here's another with it turned sideways and the walls down.
    Screenshot-2_zps470cc829.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thank you ciane! Now I just need to fix my game, it has crashed five times already after trying to download the foundation lot :'D Things just can't go straight how they should when it comes to Sims 3... Or Sims 2 as far as I know :D Now I hope that the next time you hear from me I have something done... I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    numbers_zps15a9e93d.png
    Here is the foundation picture with numbers included.

Remember the lot can be turned any direction.

About the crashing...
    Things you can do...
    Add Sims 3 to your computer's Data Execution Prevention list.
    Be offline and turn off your antivirus programs.
    Delete four FILES (NOT folders) that end in cache (but not socialcache) in the Sims 3 folder in your documents.

Since the problem is with your launcher, try moving your downloads folder out of the sims 3 folder in your documents.
    Also, move out the dcbackup folder. Then make a new dcbackup folder and copy back in the ccmerged file.

Lastly, you can rename your Sims 3 folder in your documents so a brand new one is created. It will not have any store stuff you downloaded, so you will need to add that back in.

Good luck.
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    hi and hopefully will have an entire for this in a day or so :)
  • Options
    Thanks ciane! :) I restarted my PC and drove CCleaner to do some cleaning up and got it working. I'm on my way to clean the whole thing and re-instal everything, but before that I'll try to manage with all these problems :D

I've got a new annoying question to ask: The point is to build an exterior to some architectural style, but does the interior have to be the same style? I mean if one builds a Jugend styled house (around 1880-1915) do the indoors have to match that time period? I understood that not, but I've got to check that out too o:)
  • Options
    Thanks ciane! :) I restarted my PC and drove CCleaner to do some cleaning up and got it working. I'm on my way to clean the whole thing and re-instal everything, but before that I'll try to manage with all these problems :D

I've got a new annoying question to ask: The point is to build an exterior to some architectural style, but does the interior have to be the same style? I mean if one builds a Jugend styled house (around 1880-1915) do the indoors have to match that time period? I understood that not, but I've got to check that out too o:)
  • Options
    Thanks ciane! :) I restarted my PC and drove CCleaner to do some cleaning up and got it working. I'm on my way to clean the whole thing and re-instal everything, but before that I'll try to manage with all these problems :D <br />
    <br />

There is no rule saying the interior has to match the architecture so for an old house you can still use more modern furnishings. I think it would look odd if it was ultra modern inside but of course it's up to you :D
    Happy to see more interested people. I'm determined not to give in to Sims 4 quite yet!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I've been stalking this thread since it started and I have been working on an entry as well. I still have some finishing touches to do and will be getting it all together soon.
    (*) (*) I do have a question, where do I put the post showing my research, here on the GG forum or someplace else?
  • Options
    I have found in the past that people use their creative corner posts or own blogs but here is OK too - it's up to you :D
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I used the half wall tool to make 2 planters by the step. Do I need to remove them?
    Screenshot-43_zpsc47cfca8.jpg
  • Options