Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Story Progression - Help the Gurus

Comments

• Options
    so far there's 111 unplayed sims aka homeless sims in my game.
    ALSO played sims = 49 = 170 total. I think my game has hit the pop cap = good thing, anymore could bring maddness. :O
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I think most have been covered.
    I like them to build skills, but maybe at half speed compared to a controlled sim?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    weebl_101 wrote: »
    @lynny

SimguruGrant says that they want to do more with making friends at work/school. The story progression system that they have implemented will actually add children and teens if they are needed so there is a good mix of all life stages.. So hopefully they can fix the friend making thing in a future patch. I don't know if you are aware, but you can select the squiggly arrow, when your Sim is at work, and tell them to make friends.. You will lost performance.. I dont know if this is bugged or not

I remember in Sims3, if you socialize, your relationship with your boss suffered, which was supposed to impact performance slightly. So I don't doubt this is intended here.

• Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'd like to see most of what was in the OP's post.

Twallan's SP was good, but it still had its flaws-namely after a couple of days, it was difficult to impossible to find a Sim that wasn't already in a relationship.

To add to it all, I'd love to be able to turn it off for specific families. I know, I'm dreaming here.
  • Options
    HewgeHewge Posts: 35 Member
    Progression sounds lovely and all and some of the features in the OP sound quite nice, but let's not get greedy as we then will be crying about a broken game. I don't intend to be Debbie Downer, but I'm really enjoying the stability and performance we currently have. I really hope that the SP features implemented will only be ones that the team feels extremely confident about. At any rate that's my two cents.
  • Options
    ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
    > @weebl_101 said:
    > I don't know if you are aware, but you can select the squiggly arrow, when your Sim is at work, and tell them to make friends.. You will lost performance.. I dont know if this is bugged or not

When you select that, their social need is filled.. but they do not actually seem to meet any new people.
    At least, I know from personal experience that if there are no other kids in the town then even selecting "make friends" every day doesn't help. There are no friends to make.
  • Options
    tratincica_bgtratincica_bg Posts: 3 New Member
    Would story progression alter all the towns or just one, you are currently living in?
    I think most people would like to make it optional and specific.
    Meaning, that I like to play legacies and sometimes, like when I’m establishing my family I want story progression on and I want it on full force.
    Then I want no story progression on, as I play the hairs – until I figure out whom I going to play.
    And then I want it on again.
    Same thing goes for aging.
    If they are going to make it right – they should let us tweak both story progression and aging for up to 5 families and then separate for each world – as a general rule.
    And it should be easily changed.
  • Options
    bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    edited September 2014
    VerdantSF wrote: »
    It would be cool if we got newspapers with Story Progression that listed promotions, marriages, births, adoptions, etc. That way, you can see the information if you want, but you aren't bombarded with it unless you actually seek it out.
    Or display them when sims gossip.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    ya the wait to see who might move into the neighborhood, is rediculus, and when u hit a certain lvl if your not playing say the whole dang town, then there are no kids or teen, and most of the YA are nearing elder. So some way to replenish the neighborhood would be a great thing. I say with children, babies, that age along with everyone else. I am one of those who never really liked playing all the other sims, so sims 3 was great for me. Guess I should have said it more lol, back when all were saying they wanted to be able to play all the other sims in town.

I think also that and knowing who a teen is from an adult would be a bit better, than just the 2 traits. Oh I do not know what but something. Knowing age would be nice, to maybe ask age, or something, similar.
  • Options
    veni_vidi_vickyveni_vidi_vicky Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like lots of options concerning Story Progression for played Households at least.

For example: I dont care what happenes to Townies, but if I have my own Sims scattered across the worlds, I dont want them to move out of their houses or leave the world entirely (Sims 3 was like that and it was horrible!). They may have kids and form new friendships, but I dont want them to get divorced.
    As I am not everyone and others may think differently, it would be nice for all of us, if there would be some adjustments possible.

Do you want to allow Marriages and Divorces? Yes/ No
    Do you want to allow progresses in work? Yes/ No
    Do you want to allow ......

and so forth

Thanks
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I would like to see Twallens story progression implemented.
    That is what I came in the thread to post. Also I want to make certain households sacred such that they don't progress until I play them. That was in Twallan's and Pescado's AwesomeMod. Take a look at the codes Sims team.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    weebl_101 wrote: »
    @jennemm75

You can currently turn them off in the game settings.. For both played and non played Sims

You can turn aging off, not Story Progression, was under the assumption there was no story progression in the Sims 4, but there is not an option to turn it off if there is, only aging.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    I'm not so into Story Progression, I want TODDLERS back. It's too hard to build families in CAS, and have the kids spaced properly if you don't have the toddler age available. I just had four, count 'em, four teens age up on the exact same day! Not only that but the only child, turned into a teen a day or so later. Parents are too old to have any more. Unless EA can give us a true SP (akin to what Twallen NRaas gave us) I'm just not interested. EA's was broken.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FearTheMegglesFearTheMeggles Posts: 242 Member
    I want story progession - Sims having kids, getting married/divorced, becoming employed and progressing their careers. Having the option to toggle it on and off would be great so that people who want to micromanage everyone have that ability. I wouldn't be so big on notifications popping up every time someone made a life choice, but it would be neat to be able to view it somewhere.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    Forgive me if I missed a promise, but I don't want ANY Story Progression back!

Like, I love Sims 4 BECAUSE THERE'S NO STORY PROGRESSION and I can play rotationally. I want townies to be extras. I don't care what they do. I want nothing to happen to my sims until I play their house next.

So there must be an option to play Sims 4 rotationally like we have now--the whole reason I play the game.

Whatever else SP does, as long as I can turn it off, I don't care. I only want it out of my game! I hope that's clear. If it was already promised, then forgive me. I've been enjoying the game so much that I hardly posted or read the forums since I got my hands on the game. I am in love with rotational gameplay and I am in seventh heaven over here. So please please please do not take that away!!!!!!!!!

I'm quoting this because I feel the same way. I would like townies to have jobs and to be able to meet people during work, but I don't want the game to play the game for me. I want to play the game.
  • Options
    jessicamwinnjessicamwinn Posts: 3 New Member
    In addition to the normally requested stuff for story progression, I would love if it would also affect the mood/emotions of the active sims. So if your sim's adult daughter, who has moved out of the house and being controlled by SP, gets pregnant and has a baby, your sim should be able to react to becoming a grandparent. A death of a friend or family member outside of the active household should also affect your sim.

It would also be neat if your active sim got invited to things like weddings, but that is just a nice-to-have and not something I would actually expect with SP.
  • Options
    caterpillarcaterpillar Posts: 315 Member
    The lack of Story Progression is the main reason I have not bought TS4.
    The bare minimum I would need to make me interested in this game is for unplayed Sims to be able to form romantic relationships with each other as early as the teen stage, and to be able to marry, move in together and start having children of their own once they become YAs.
    I'd like some toggle to set which ages may romance each other, so you wouldn't have recently widowed elder Sims pouncing on YAs that had just graduated high school (A problem I had with awesomemod's SP mod for Sims 3. Twallan's SP allowed you to restrict the romantic interactions between age groups)
    Unplayed Sims should also choose careers based on their traits, and pursue the skills they need to progress in them.

Ultimately, though, for people who like to play neighborhoods for extended generations, you will need to make the towns much larger or we're going to run out of housing by the second generation. In TS3 with is much larger hoods (SV had more lots than the two base game TS4 towns combined) you'd start running into housing problems by the 5th of 6th generation. With the tiny TS4 towns, I can't see getting past the 2nd generation. I know this is not a Story Progression issue, but it does go hand in hand with the idea of having and actual living town for your Sims to inhabit, which is the main function of SP, and the reason I won't play a Sims game without it.
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    jennemm75 wrote: »
    To be able to TURN IT OFF completely and not have any Story Progression. I dont want my played sims doing anything when I am not playing them :D

I'mma go with this B) I like my Sims 2 stylized management seeing as I enjoy playing every household, premades included, in the game. ;)
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I would like to see Twallens story progression implemented.
    That is what I came in the thread to post. Also I want to make certain households sacred such that they don't progress until I play them. That was in Twallan's and Pescado's AwesomeMod. Take a look at the codes Sims team.

Agreed, Twallan made a very in-depth Story Progression that was highly malleable. I think the most important thing is that for every option there should be an on/off for all of them as Twallan did. The EA version was either all on or all off. I liked the complexity and amount of detailed tweaking that could be done especially if you loaded up all of his Story Progression mods.
  • Options
    1121A1121A Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @VerdantSF said:
    > It would be cool if we got newspapers with Story Progression that listed promotions, marriages, births, adoptions, etc. That way, you can see the information if you want, but you aren't bombarded with it unless you actually seek it out.

OMG YES!@!! that is an amazing idea... I really hope they do this :)
  • Options
    junkbarbarianjunkbarbarian Posts: 95 Member
    jennemm75 wrote: »
    To be able to TURN IT OFF completely and not have any Story Progression. I dont want my played sims doing anything when I am not playing them :D

Yes. As much as I like story progression, I realize it is a major pain for people who don't. ON/OFF is a must. A ON/OFF per household would be even better.

• Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2014
    Is that really true? We get Story progression??

Oh god that's Birthday, Christmas and chocolate fudge cake in one!!!!!

What do I want... Were do I start.. The Basics ofc

Marriage
    Death
    Children + school mates
    Work + Promotion + Mates
    Affairs
    Divorce
    Skills
    Newspaper and real gossip about the neighborhood
    An option to get rid of the Homeless stream of Sims walking up and down in front of my house
    Seeing people going to work and school
    People Moving to bigger houses if provided
    An option to edit every house in Town without having to play the Family and based on there credit.

And also.. I would love to have a some Kind of special characters as well.
    Families they hate each other
    The Bad Boy
    The easy Girl

Loads of stuff like that!
  • Options
    RSK10580RSK10580 Posts: 36 Member
    I know this would never happen, but I always thought it would be cool to have a murdering sim. Not that I am a fan of murder or think it's a laughing matter. I just think it would be cool to have a "who done it" type of scenario you could investigate. Dexter the bear mod was cool, but you had to control it. It left no element of surprise of who would be next since you had to tell him to do it. Anyway, I know that will never happen since it's geared towards a younger audience, just wishful thinking for any modders out there.
  • Options
    elooocinelooocin Posts: 115 Member
    As long as they have other households/townies marrying, having children & progressing in their careers I will be beyond happy. I would also like the notification options that Nrass Story Progression had for TS3 - set it to get notified & keep up with blood/friends/romantic/everyone.

That is my favorite thing about legacies in TS3, having SP & keeping up with my children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren *nodnod*
    NEwsnJk.png
    ♦ Simblr | tiptoesims ♦ YouTube | tiptoehappiness

• Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 721 Member
    edited September 2014
    RSK10580 wrote: »
    I know this would never happen, but I always thought it would be cool to have a murdering sim. Not that I am a fan of murder or think it's a laughing matter. I just think it would be cool to have a "who done it" type of scenario you could investigate. Dexter the bear mod was cool, but you had to control it. It left no element of surprise of who would be next since you had to tell him to do it. Anyway, I know that will never happen since it's geared towards a younger audience, just wishful thinking for any modders out there.

Well... having evil sims to torment someone to death due to emotions is a perfect way to gank someone in a NON-violent way.
    This also applies to whoohooing their victims to death as well. :D

oh and yea, investigating a sims death would be cool. XD

Edit: Is it possible to have death to injury from a fight, which would trigger 10% of the time?
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here