Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~WrathofCath~ New~ BREE'S BREEZE pg. 36

Comments

• Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow! Modern Love is awesome! I'm struck just by the scale of it! It doesn't look nearly as big on the outside as it seems to be on the inside :-o bet our Sims will have to have big paychecks to afford a place like that! Beautiful build, Cat :D ~YJ~
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi Walkingstick, boy it's nice to see you again! Thank you for your nice comment and Rec. :D

Hi Folly, Lol about the ducks :lol: Shhh, don't tell anyone but I kinda stole that idea from Taryn *heeheehee* Thank you for the very lovely comments, Rec and Fave. I really appreciate them. Hugs :P

Hi YJ, thank you for your wonderful comments! It's funny about your saying the sims will need big paychecks for it. :lol: I think this was the most expensive house I ever made. Before I got my tester sims in there and brought the cost down some, it was very close to a million bucks! :shock: I'm very thankful my computer didn't seize up before I got to finish, lol!
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    WOW Cath, this is just amazing, so much detail I can only imagine how long it took to design each of the rooms! Wonderful job! Rec'd and Fav'd!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wowzer! Modern Love is humongous and Gorgeously done everywhere! I just Love the nursery and the girls room! got ya rec'd!
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
  • Options
    Wow! :o Here we are in all Shiny and New forums! How's everyone getting used to them so far? It will take me some time, but I'm getting there, lol!

Hi Sherrylynn, thank you for your lovely comment, Rec and Fave! :)

Hi Ro, thank you for the Rec and kind comment! ;)

Hi Sweet Bree! Thank you! I hope you have a fabulous week too :) Hugs
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Wow, Cath. I am in love with Modern Love. The exterior and grounds are gorgeous as well as all of the interiors. You did a fabulous job as usual - gave it a rec! <3
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    Hi Cath ... I haven't commented on your fabulous builds for ages but I need to give my tuppenceworth on this one. I adore Modern Love, your design inside and out is absolutely superb, your attention to details and your MOOing skills are awesome :) and although I have rec'd as soon as it appeared on the exchange there is no way out but to add it to my favourites too. Have a fun-tastic time whatever you are doing *hugs* x
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member

Hi YJ, thank you for your wonderful comments! It's funny about your saying the sims will need big paychecks for it. :lol: I think this was the most expensive house I ever made. Before I got my tester sims in there and brought the cost down some, it was very close to a million bucks! :shock: I'm very thankful my computer didn't seize up before I got to finish, lol!

Impressive! I don't know how people do it... I can't think of a house that's even 500K, which I've ever made! I have got into the 300,s a few times but... :mrgreen: I guess I must be a cheapskate... Else I'm not using the Fountain of Youth enough! *LOL*
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Hi Cath! How are you doing? I couldn't post on your wall and so I am posting here. Hope you can play sims 4. So looking forward to your builds. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited August 2014
    Modern Love is wonderful, absolutely gorgeous. I also really love Riverwood Cottage, looks very cosy and warm indoors on a cold winter's night. Left recs :D
    Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
  • Options
    Wow! :o This is my first time posting on my thread since the new forums opened. I'm sorry for the long delay in getting over here but I was having a rough patch with building. I completely lost my mojo... It took me forever to get interested in building again. And then I come over here to see that I am so very late in thanking all of you wonderful friends for taking the time to stop by for a visit. I truly am sorry for the delay...

@Sandraelle, thank you so very much for your lovely comments and the Rec :) I am so happy to see you around the forums again! I hope you're getting used to them. I think I'm getting more comfortable with time. Take care! Hugs xx

@Hidehi, Oh I am so Happy to see you! Thank you for your Wonderful comments, Rec and Fave! You are such a dear friend! Hugs xxx

@YJ, Nah... you're not a cheapskate! I ended up spending that much on the house because it was a request. Thanks for popping by YJ! Hugs xx

@Yanti, who-boy am I late getting back to you. Sorry! I did finally get Boot Camp installed by the folks at Apple. No way I wanted to try doing that on my own. I have my copy of S4 sitting right on my desk. I'm hoping to get it installed this weekend. I've been putting it off because I still have a few projects in S3. I'm hoping I can kind of split my time between the two. We'll see... Thanks for stopping by Yanti! Hugs xxx

@masajo, Thank you for your very kind comments and Rec's! I really have to get busy editing my pictures of the other builds. It's so hard to find the time...

@ritaroxy12, thank you for your lovely comment and Rec!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    When I recently found out that @Ivanna and @Ciane were hosting a Surprise Party for Our Special Rose, I just had to join in.

For quite some time now I have been in a building slump. I just couldn't seem to find anything I wanted to build.

I have had this photo as my desktop for a long time. I tried once a ways back to build it, but I just couldn't seem to get it to work.

I was racking my brain about what to build for Rose, when I took a look at my desktop picture and thought how perfect it would be for Rose! She Loves flowers so much. I decided to give it one more try. Here is the inspiration pic:

cottage-garden_zpse3e3e1d7.jpg

And now for mine. I called it, ROSE'S GARDEN COTTAGE.

Here's the link:
    thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8435467

Screenshot-69_zpsfe83075a.jpg

I know it's not exact. I had to allow room for sims to walk around the home and I wanted to have a couple of bedrooms upstairs. Anyway here are some more pics:

Screenshot-74_zps01b315f2.jpg

Screenshot-17_zpsc5e42335.jpg

The Back with a nice little spot for some tea. The small garden in back has all mature, perfect plants ready to be harvested.

Screenshot-13_zpsebe04a8a.jpg

Screenshot-12_zpscbbff7f0.jpg

Screenshot-65_zps2b36a4a7.jpg

Out front there's a nice covered bench to relax on while gazing at the pretty pond with small waterfall:

Screenshot-5copy_zpsfdce0496.jpg

Screenshot-2_zps351d12e1.jpg

Screenshot-22_zpsa71fc0af.jpg

Screenshot-23_zps9dac14dc.jpg

Screenshot-24_zpse27f6569.jpg

Walking in the front door, you enter the garden room where plants can be re-potted and taken care of:

Screenshot-20copy_zps48bf91d8.jpg

Here's a peek into the living room just off the garden room:

Screenshot-19copy_zps0baabca0.jpg

Screenshot-23copy_zps7e36d83c.jpg

Screenshot-52_zps121dbf2d.jpg

Screenshot-24copy_zps26b4bba3.jpg

Screenshot-27_zps652ceb61.jpg

Off the living room is the eat-in kitchen complete with canning and baker's stations:

Screenshot-3_zpsb077e463.jpg

Screenshot_zps89662f95.jpg

Screenshot-35_zpsa389c317.jpg

Full bath and laundry on the first floor. I "hid" hampers in all the rooms so there wouldn't be those horrid piles of clothes all over the floors, lol :D

Screenshot-36_zps3a802409.jpg

Screenshot-37_zpsa3751753.jpg

A little study area in the nook at the top of the stairs:

Screenshot-43_zps39b4eabc.jpg

The master bedroom with sitting area:

Screenshot-38_zpsd0f92bb9.jpg

Screenshot-40_zps07b5734d.jpg

Screenshot-41_zps1e479370.jpg

Another full bath upstairs:

Screenshot-42_zps2221b703.jpg

And a room for a child:

Screenshot-32_zpsbcef238b.jpg

Screenshot-46_zps439ff67c.jpg

Rose, I really hope you enjoy this home! I had a lot of fun making it with you in mind. I really do hope pink is your favorite color, because I certainly used a Lot of it in this home, lol! :D

Thank you so much for all you do for everyone here in the forums Rose! You are a Very Special Person and we all Adore you! Thank you for being who you are! <3

I do have a few more pictures for anyone who wants to torture themselves, lol!

s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/Roses%20Garden%20Cottage

Thank you for stopping in for a look! :)

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Wow! That's awesome. Such a sweet house. I love the different shape to it and you have done the layout so well. I never think to use rugs outdoors for rocky pathways. Love that idea! I love all the mix of windows and textures you chose. And of course the tea setting on the back patio and all the flowers are simply the best! Outstanding job.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oooooooh! Cath, it is just perfect! I adore it! The architecture and landscaping has the fairytale factor which I love! The interiors are perfect for the theme! Great choice of patterns and colours. I will happily recommend this. <3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Rose's Garden Cottage is so very, very beautiful! Thankyou so very, very much! It is so very lovely! It is so very pretty! I do like pink, and I like flowers and every part of the home is just so special! Very nice floral patterns that you have used through the home! The teddies and other toys on the floor in the kids room are very cute! The window study desk in the living room is so lovely! Very nice pond area. The flowers and plants throughout the interior of the home look just so very, very lovely! The exterior is so very nice! I am so sorry but I can't write about all the very, very lovely features because my words are not able to express how very lovely, special and beautiful it is! There is so much specialness in every part, nook, room and area of the home, indoors and outside! Thankyou so very, very much! :)
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    First, no one deserves this more than our Rose, second I LOVE THIS BUILD!! I am not on my Simming computer, when I am, this lovely is MINE ALL MINE!!

Cath, can I just say that I love everything you make? I am such a fan-girl! This is another DRF lot of yours.
    oow785m
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Cath this build is so charming, romantic and pretty a perfect build for sweet Rose :)
    Rec'd and Favoured. xox Folly
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    beautiful! Stunning! Such an amazing build for such a beautiful spirit named Rosemow. Love the harvest kitchen, and the garden/mud room is so perfect! So is the rest of the house. Cath, this second attempt is a winner! Wonderful work! :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Cath it it taking my breath away dear. I love it! You have done it up so close to the real picture, it is amazing. Off to DRF dear. I need a new house to play in Sims 3!!
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi Cath! OMG what a beautiful home! You're right it is perfect for Rose, you did a excellent job re-creating this awesome home. :) off to rec!
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    @Ciane, Wow! Thank you for your very kind comments! It was really fun making something for Rose. She's such a love! And I'd like to thank both you and Ivanna again for hosting such a fun surprise party! I really enjoyed spending time over there :)

@Yanti, thank you so much for your lovely comments and Rec! Fairytale homes are one of my very faves too. That particular photo has been my desktop picture for a long time now. I'm glad I was finally able to *somewhat* recreate it, lol! Hugs xx

@Rose, you are so very welcome! Thank you for your wonderful comments on it! I'm thrilled that you're happy with it! :)<3

@Zoo, LOL! :D Thank you!!! Your comments and *ultimate* compliment mean so much to me! I am just so happy to have gotten over my slump. I am actually looking forward to my next project, much to my surprise and delight! Thank you for always being so supportive! :)<3

@Folly, coming from the *Thomas Kinkade* of sims cottages, I would like to thank you for your very lovely comments and the Rec and Fave! I really enjoyed building this for Rose and imagining what kinds of things she would like to have in there. Hugs xx

@Morakai, Awww thank you for such wonderful comments! I really am pleased that I was able to build something somewhat similar to the photo. I really do adore that home in the inspiration picture!

@Bree, thank you so much my kind, sweet friend! You helped me get out of that stupid slump, more than you know and I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Giant hugs! xx

@Christine, Hey! It's so nice to see you! Thank you for your lovely comments! How have you been? Are you playing TS4? I hope to be installing it this weekend. I can't wait to check it out!
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    If that isn't just the cutest cottage! I love all the delicate pinks! Pink is perfect for this home! Rec'd and faved!
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    @WrathofCath It's good to be around again, and you're welcome it's a beautiful build! Been doing okay thanks, my world is complete and can now play and build houses again and be more active on the forums! :) No I am not going to buy The sims 4, it's $90 here and don't want to spend that kind of money on the base game. I will see how it goes but I am really content to keep playing Sims 3 I am having so much fun playing it at the moment. :smiley: I hope you have heaps of fun with The sims 4! :) *hugs*
    FEvr1sR.gif