Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    OreoLissOreoLiss Posts: 4 New Member
    Moonbarker wrote: »
    Please add an opacity slider for makeup.

Please add a skin tone slider.

Please, for the love of grilled cheese, add a color wheel.

Please add zodiac signs.

Please add favorites (food, color, music, etc).

Please add turn ons/turn offs.

Please fix those eyelashes. The eyelashes look like eyeliner and it's distracting when applying makeup.

Please add an eyelash length adjuster.

Please let us choose at least 5 traits on our own in CAS. Three is too limiting and it's hard to make truly diverse sims and sims that are like people we know in real life.

Please add a shy trait. Loner is not the same as shy. Any shy person can tell you that.

Please let all hairstyles be able to have highlights and be fully customizable like in Sims 3.

In the future, please start improving things and not removing.. For the sake of the franchise.

That is all.

I agree, I would also like to see less expensive/model-like clothing. Not everyone dresses like a model. Some more basic T's and jeans and sneakers would be appreciated as well as maybe ripped patterns or tattered style clothes.

A color wheel would be just perfect, or an outside program such as "The Sims 2 Body shop" to create extra colors as needed.

The blonde hair color is more of a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 yellow too, that needs to be adjusted, no one has hair like that.
  • Options
    sophstar007sophstar007 Posts: 112 Member
    I enjoyed how smooth it ran for me...The Sims 3 never ran so smoothly before!!

I do wish there was more choice...but perhaps I need to remember it is a base game?!
    293xf8g.jpg
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    I would like to see a colour wheel. That is NUMBER ONE on my list of things i would like to see.

Also, improved eyelashes. I liked the sims 3 eyelashes, i do not like the sims 4 eyelashes, they are like the sims 2 ones and those are not eyelashes. Those are weird solid black things.

I look forward to seeing the stuff we haven't seen in the demo in the actual game :D

Also, more hair colour options would be nice :)

That's all i can really think of for now :)

• Options
    xxaznztarxxxxaznztarxx Posts: 92 Member
    So far I'm loving how everything runs smoothly. I really like the push and pulling when sculpting sims but I don't like how there's a max on how far you can pull a feature. For example when making a sim with a long face, sometimes the mouth is far from the nose but I can't move it any closer because of the constraints...I would have to shorten the head length or jaw if I want the mouth and nose to be closer.

I think there's a bug when editing cuz sometimes a facial feature would randomly change, like, I was editing the nose and all of a sudden the jaw widen. I also noticed that the facial feature changes when switching between genders.

Other things I'd like to see:
    - MORE COLORS for the hair and eye. It would be great if a color wheel was added or a way to adjust the saturation, same goes for the makeup
    - Would like Opacity option like in ts3 for makeup
    - A way to lock makeup. I don’t want to have to go to each outfit to change it
    - A way to adjust the length of the eyelashes
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I made or tried to make, two sims then I uninstalled it! I don't like much about it, I think not being able to recolor anything is a huge backwards step.
  • Options
    Twoyys4meTwoyys4me Posts: 68 Member
    I liked the push and pull feature, it's nice to make really different looking Sims now.
    I didn't encounter any bugs.

Until the full version is out it's hard to say 'I would like this or that' but I will anyway.. :) I would have liked more pre-set eyes without liner (or are they eyelashes?) either way once you add eyeliner in make up it's a very heavy look.

Other than that I'm having great fun. Thanks for the demo!

• Options
    MuglsMugls Posts: 39 Member
    I wish we could adjust the eyelashes :\
    ccuoe4L.gif
  • Options
    shalese08shalese08 Posts: 65 Member
    Love the new CAS style, makes it much easier to throw a sim together or make a very detailed sim

Not a fan of the non removable lashes or even adjustable would be great

would be more excited about genetics if the different age groups were available, creating brothers and sisters ia a bit pointless if you cant make parents for them to pull their genes from

would like more adjustments available for the ears...all u can really do is change their size and position, i like making pointy ears sims and even moving them higher or lower on the head would be a great new option

love the face details but some crows feet would be great to make elderly people

windowed full-screen mode doesn't seem to become windowed when i select it, it starts up in the task-bar but when i select it, it goes back to full-screen even though i still have windowed selected in options

Expected more poses for the upload pictures, would like for the couples and family members to have poses together

more walk options please!! love what there is so far but sometimes the walks available just don't fit certain sims quite right

Lovin it so far...not sure if i would buy it personally simply because i love to have the toddlers in my families, teaching them and being able to give them that head-start in life or put them on a specific path so for me that is a HUGE letdown but ill keep watch and play around with CAS

I want to use a pic too!!! :'(
  • Options
    ShadowkeepernoirShadowkeepernoir Posts: 55 Member
    d. Dragging parts didn't work for me. Not sure if it is user error or if I was trying to drag things that couldn't be changed. Examples: Nostrils couldn't be pulled out. Nose tip couldn't be tweaked in shape or size, though I could alter it's tilt and projection from the face. Couldn't make the mouth wider/narrower and couldn't alter the proportions of the lips, though I could move it up and down on the face. Couldn't change the position of the eyes making them more closely/widely set. Couldn't change the slant of the eyes or drag the corners up or down.

If you go into "edit detail" (mid-screen left hand side, when you are in head editing mode), it allows you to sculpt the features with more precision. I was able to adjust lip thicknesses, eye positions, profile (you have to rotate the sim into a side profile position), nose details ect. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    when making a couple how do you make them a married couple
  • Options
    enidpugenidpug Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    I'm finding male Sims quite difficult to work with. They all seem to have wide heads and strong jaws.
    I don't like some of the eyes (both male and female)
    I love the outfits and that you can change the Sim's hair and make up for the occasion.
    The different kinds of walks is a cool idea (even though some are a bit silly!) and I like the new voice slider, the traits and life time wishes.
    I wish there were still Star signs, colour wheels and favourites (food, music, colour)
    I also wish you could still adjust the opacity of makeup and length of eyelashes.
    I love that you have the choice of different body shapes! Makes it much more realistic.

I downloaded my demo from Origin by the way.
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I really like the new CAS style, can really get in and mould those features. Take a bit of time to get used to it, but I had fun creating several Sims.

Now, what I didn't like and REALLY didn't like are some of the restrictions in the character creations.

Main one being HAIR - why can't all hair types be available for both genders? why is it male and female? why not just unisex? Options available for all if they wish it.

That really impacts on the freedom of creativity, especially considering the lack of hair styles for male sims.
    The Sims I wish to create, are males who have LONG hair, but there are no long hair options for male sims. I'm trying to recreate some of my own characters, so no long hair for them...means they are incomplete, I am unable to finish creating a character I am happy with, it's just not the character without the right hair (does make a big difference)

Could also say that about the clothing, all types of sims out there after all (can understand that may be unmanageable due to the character models, clipping ect) and make up.

- Hair types. There are no curly hair styles, not even for the women. Understand the new graphics may make that a bit tricky, but surely there could be a bit more variety there?

-Eye colour - I noticed in the demo you could create a sim with blue skin, green skin...but can't create a sim with purple eyes? just 'normal' eye colours? That seemed a bit odd and again restricting in creation freedom.

-

Only error message I encountered was one saying my graphics card was 'not recognised' and that the graphics had been 'set to the highest level' , odd as this is a new computer..but the demo seemed to run alright after that. No issues other than that, that I have noticed.
  • Options
    cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited August 2014
    I love it, but I do wish we had the sliders as well, and the ability to change the colors on the outfits and makeup. I'm in total agreement with tinydancer80---dimples would be awesome! Also, would love to have yellow gold and white gold choices on the jewelry as well.

I love the fact that you have more control with the push and pull features which let us create more realistic looking sims. Overall, great improvement compared to sims 3 in my opinion. :)
  • Options
    Alli-beagleAlli-beagle Posts: 111 Member
    I think the demo is great, but i do have a bug there is no sound, i mean voices and music and when i go to do other things on my computer the sound works so its not my computer we just put in a new graphics card so would that have something to do with it?
  • Options
    ZombehPandahZombehPandah Posts: 38 Member
    1. What you liked
    My favorite new feature in CAS is the layers of clothing! Socks/stockings + the smart feature of pants knowing to go over or under shoe layers. Very very nice! I'm assuming there will be even more clothing options in the base game so I am very excited about this. :) Also, I know some people are not happy about having limited color options but I'm still very impressed that we are given so many default options per clothing. I think some people just don't remember where this all started?

2. What you didn't like
    I have to admit, the push/pull that I was so excited about is kinda letting me down. While modding my Sims I keep hitting the 'red limit'. Now I'm not into making really wonky looking Sims (though I have no problem w ppl who do) so I'm not sure why I am being limited. Even dimensions I saw displayed in Sims 4 teaser videos are not capable. Is this a demo thing or is the base game's CAS exactly the same?

Which leads to my second problem, I really wish the demo CAS would be the same as the base game's CAS. I know so many of us are here pre-building our neighborhoods and I really wish we had all the body, hair and clothes options available to us. My biggest problem atm is hair. I really don't like majority of the guy hairs and am desperately hoping there will be more options in the base game. If not, I believe this is why mods exist. Yes?

3. Suggestions?
    You guys are awesome! I've enjoyed The Sims since 1 and I have 90% of the expansions & stuff packs from every generation. I look forward to all the expansions that will come with The Sims 4 and I hope you will take the users' concerns in mind. I'm ok with not having toddlers, pools, pets, seasons, holidays etc but please do add them in the future. :) Will be looking for them.

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? If so-
    The only kind of 'issue' I experienced was the red limit. I can barely manipulate almost any part of the body and I'm really curious as to why.
  • Options
    thatguyraphaelthatguyraphael Posts: 94 Member
    edited August 2014
    2. What you didn't like: There's no lock to make up/beard/hair

3. Suggestions? put a lock to make up/beard/hair please

"No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you've come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself" - Madonna
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked
    2. What you didn't like
    3. Suggestions?
    4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? If so-
    - Please give full details of what you're seeing (error messages, etc.)
    - Provide your DxDiag & Config.Log (see below how to get these)

What I liked:
    • I love the hair. It looks so much better.
    • Love the sorting of the clothes.
    • Like the way I select the clothing and accessories.
    • Love the random name generation.
    • Like the genetics and hope that you can bring back the familial lines.
    • Like the I can customize a walk although I'm not crazy about some of the options.
    • LOVED that adding a hat is really adding a hat. That was great! Nicely done.

What I didn't like:
    • Really dislike the look of what seems like heavy eye liner on the women with no options to remove it.
    • Dislike the lack of customization on the clothing. Really loved that I could create patterns and really customize my clothes in 2.
    • The aspirations and traits seem more limited although I don't think it is actually true. It just feels that way. I like things that make me feel that each Sim is unique. Things like picking a favorite color and music were not a big deal but made me feel like each sim was slightly different. I know picking the different traits does that in a larger way but it isn't quite the same.
    • No color wheel
    • Without CAST, the clothing is really tough. So many things just don't match in terms of color. Even with lots of clothing choices, I felt like I had less to work with in a way. I'd try to put things together and they just didn't work.
        Suggestions:
      • Bring back deeper customization - from patterns to colors
      • Find more ways to let me create really unique Sims even with simple things like favorite color. I'd love for the favorite color, for example, to have an impact in game.
      • Remember how important creating generational families are.
      • Add the ability to add skill levels to Sims based on starting age or automatically add skill levels. I never love starting with an older Sim because you are starting from the same place that a young adult starts.
      • Work on the walks. I like the idea of it but they don't all work that well. I think some of it is that they are just too exaggerated. The goofy walk looks exactly the same as the sluggish walk except the sim looks tired/sad.

Still no bugs or errors.
    Post edited by ts3seml on
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    Moonbarker wrote: »
    Please add an opacity slider for makeup.

Please add a skin tone slider.

Please, for the love of grilled cheese, add a color wheel.

Please add favorites (food, color, music, etc).

Please add turn ons/turn offs.

Please fix those eyelashes. The eyelashes look like eyeliner and it's distracting when applying makeup.

Please add an eyelash length adjuster.

Please let us choose at least 5 traits on our own in CAS. Three is too limiting and it's hard to make truly diverse sims and sims that are like people we know in real life.

Please add a shy trait. Loner is not the same as shy. Any shy person can tell you that.

Please let all hairstyles be able to have highlights and be fully customizable like in Sims 3.

In the future, please start improving things and not removing.. For the sake of the franchise.

That is all.

I have to agree with Moonbarker.
    • I didn't realize until just now that the eyeliner is actually eyelashes. Everything else is so detailed. I hope you can fix that.
    • The biggest one is the start improving and less removing. I'll say less because I realize that you will always remove some things. You just are removing way too many things that were very important to most players.
  • Options
    kikilove21042kikilove21042 Posts: 7 New Member
    Well I'm liking this new CAS here are some things I can point out for you that I REALLY hope you change about or I believe this game will not be as good as The Sims 3. I also pointed out two things for build/buy mode because I noticed it was in Create A Sim mode so it leads me to believe It will not appear on Build/Buy mode.

1) What were you favourite parts of the new CAS?
    -I would say my favorite part is making the body much different and unique! I love how the faces look now too. I think i like that we can change the foot size x) The clothing are nice, but if we do not have a colour wheel and create a style, it wont be as customizable and as matching the way we want it to like in TSA 3

2) What did you dislike?
    -I can not stress this enough, I and as I can see we all miss the Colour Wheel, like a Lot... And me personally I will miss the Create A Style. Also Highlights! Hair highlights! I want to be able to have my own highlights were I want them like in TSA 3. Or be able to not have highlights when we dont want them. Though I must say the braid one is beautiful!

3) If you could change one thing what would it be?
    -All the dislikes i Put above.
    -Including Create A Style For buy/Build mode (if you didnt have it there) and CAS!!
    -Colour Wheel for buy/Build mode and CAS
    -Highlights for hair when we want or dont want it like in TSA 3 CAS.
    -And curly hair?

PLEASE ADD AT LEAST THE FIRST THREE OR THIS GAME WILL NOT BE AS GOOD AS TSA 3 TO ME AND OTHERS I BET.
  • Options
    kikilove21042kikilove21042 Posts: 7 New Member
    Also forgot to post, I miss the option to have longer fuller eyebrow to shorter ones
  • Options
    maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    edited August 2014
    I find most of the walks too extreme: default, feminine and swagger are fine; the others I doubt I would use unless toned down.

It would be very useful if the Gallery search was refined to be able to search for Male, Female, Age Groups etc

Not enough hair, makeup, clothes for males. Men are people too, you know.

Apart from that, I wish I had better push n pull skills :)
  • Options
    kljnh96kljnh96 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been waiting for the Sims 4 in a long time, and I was very happy when the demo was out the other day. I immediately downloaded the game and was excited to try it. The demo started up with a small window, the opening ran smoothly, and after that the screen turned black. All that was left was my cursor. When I moved the mouse to the edges it appeared out a magnify glass, and I couldn't do anything with it. Then when I let my cursor running around clicking randomly, a small picture with a white horse in a white background showed up when I right-click in the screen. Here is my DxDiag:

System Information
    Time of this report: 8/15/2014, 01:30:05
    Machine name: LISAPHAN
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: Q550LF
    BIOS: Q550LF.209
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8076MB RAM
    Page File: 2583MB used, 6771MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Display Devices
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_12DD1043&REV_09
    Display Memory: 1792 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
    Shared Memory: 1760 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: SDC324C
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.096Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32
    Driver File Version: 10.18.0010.3308 (English)
    Driver Version: 10.18.10.3308
    DDI Version: 11.1
    Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: Thread
    Miracast: Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 10/1/2013 13:02:32, 12100096 bytes

Sound Devices
    Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0668&SUBSYS_1043114F&REV_1000
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6923 (English)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Date and Size: 5/28/2013 07:37:16, 3432776 bytes

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    Drive: G:
    Free Space: 182.2 GB
    Total Space: 320.6 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100

I would really appreciate if EA can fix this as soon as possible. My gratefulness in advance.
  • Options
    DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2014
    What I liked:

1.I like the concept of this new CAS.
    2..I like most of the clothes. In Sims 2 and 3, a lot of the women tops always showed the midriff and I hated that.

What I don't like
    1. The mouse sensitivity needs to be increased slightly. It feels like I'm molding clay that's on the verge of being too tough.
    2. You actually have to use presets to get a basic outline of facial features. CAS was presented that you could click and drag to create any face you wanted. But actually, you HAVE to use presets. The click and drag seems to only change size--- but how do I "create" a preset? How do I configure the SHAPE of the mouth or the SHAPE of the nose? (Am I missing something?) PS: I know about detail edit mode.
    3. I can live without CAST, but I think we need a color wheel.
    4. I think we should be able to adjust hand size, to a point. Really muscular sims look strange with tiny hands.
    5. I don't like how Accessories are separated into two categories: Face/Body. It sounds good on paper, but in practice, I want to be able to click ONE button to remove every accessory off my Sim. Alternatively, you could just make it so a Sim never generates with accessories on.

Suggestions

1. When you're in the gallery, have the sim you're working on stop vocalizing. In addition, let's have some "gallery music" that is light and plays the first time you open it (the first time since you've started the game.) Have the music play and eventually fade. I just personally don't like total silence in game, but the Sim vocalizing was kind of distracting.
    2. When I save a household, shouldn't they automatically go to "my library"? If they are, I apologize, but it seems to me I've had to always click "save to my library" so I dont lose the sims I've made.
    3. Tone down how much a sim moves and smiles during creation.
    4. I notice the males can't wear lipstick. That's fine, but not all males have the generic lip color they have currently. I had a male Sim where I just wanted his lips to be a tad more pinkish, but I couldn't do anything. Also, as everyone as being saying, we need a makeup opacity slider.
    5. I think Sims should generate in underwear, since, in theory, you'd adjust body shape first. I do at least.
  • Options
    MartineMulderMartineMulder Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I love how Sims look. I can give my females beautiful, unique features pretty easily and it's a lot of fun to play with. Making handsome males seems to be a bit harder for me but then again it always has been.

Positives:

1) So easy. Outfits, make up, go back to mold the face a little. Just like that. Great system. I like that the accessories for the face area are in another section than outfit accessories. Just need some piercings now

2) Lots of eyebrows! I was surprised. Some really pretty.

3) You can save up to 5 different outfits per category, that's great.

4) Clothing filter are totally convenient.

5) And again how gorgeous my Sims look! Wow. Very well done.

Improvement:

1) Some of the female hairstyles are gorgeous but a lot of them don't seem to suit the face that well. Could be a personal thing for me.

2) I don't like the male hairstyles, they don't seem to fit properly. There are one or two I use and that's it.

3) A lot of the eye colors are a bit unnatural, too saturated. More options would be great. Eye lashes are a bit over the top as well.

4) A little error my Demo seems to have; the two choices of lipstick are exactly the same now, while one was shiny the first time I played. Now both are matte. And in general the lipstick is too heavy at times. Opacity would come in handy here.

5) It would be great if the color choices for hair could be a bit more expanded (and awesome if we could have a choice of highlights), I say with the missing color wheel we should get a ton of color options to compensate. Same goes for some of the clothing. Skin coloring could also be a bit more gradual for me.

6) When trying to undo an action my Demo just pretends it's never been there. For example: I change the eye color to brown and then make the eyes bigger, hit Undo twice but only the eye color changes back. Pretty bothersome.

7) Also a bit supporter of base game piercings! Pretty please.

tumblr_nach2yhl7E1r5yzplo1_500.jpg

Further I think the Sims are looking great, clothing too (albeit a bit limited still) and I can't wait to play with my creations!

P.S. Unlike a lot of people I do not mind the missing color wheel that much, I think it will make the game easier and faster and for me it became a bit of a hassle in Sims 3. But without it the community will need a lot of color/pattern options. For CAS as well as buy/build mode.

P.P.S. This is for in-game. About the Sim's head not showing up when you click on something. How will I admire my purrty Sims if I can only see them posing in the left corner?

Post edited by MartineMulder on
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    Oooh a feedback thread! I hope this is still active, sorry if it isn't and I'm posting late.

What I liked:

I enjoyed playing in the Demo! I am keen to try out these Sims in-game. The details of the face impressed me, and I liked how the hair looked, despite having doubts when the first images were released. I could go into detailed edit mode to really get my Sim (Sims 4 YJ) into an updated version. I managed to get all sorts of good looks from her:

14732377790_88d0b6a4c3_o.jpg

14919046355_395828002b_o.jpg

Right along to innocent whistling *LOL* I liked the idea of different walks but they were a little OTT for me.

What I didn't like:

I had real fun with the face and bodyshape and this experience was really damaged by the lack of customisation available in the clothing. It really affects a Sim, their clothing, and due to the fact I couldn't get the outfits I wanted in the colours that suited her, I often ended up using different clothes which weren't perfect, because they colour was better with that. I know Not Having CASt is a really big and obvious complaint but from personal playing in the demo experience, i felt it was a real step-back that genuinely did damage my enjoyment for the game. Just my opinion!

Thanks for releasing a demo, however :) As I say, it was fun playing with the otpions!