Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited August 2014
    Feedback? Ok.

Positives:

1. Beautiful hairstyles. A lot better than what we got with Sims 3 base game.
    2. It's so much easier to create diverse-looking sims by comparison to ts3.
    3. I like that there's two "formal wear" categories. Not every party is going to be a high society one, right? :P

Negatives:

1. The lack of CASt and/or a colour wheel is really, really noticeable. More so than I initially imagined. While creating the sims themselves is a very interesting and time-consuming activity, choosing their outfits quickly becomes dull and can be done in under 5 minutes (which is a big negative for me).
    2. The hair textures are... meh, especially once compared with ts3.
    3. Most of the walking styles are way too over the top for my taste.
    4. This is perhaps nitpicking, but I also thought that the product didn't quite live up to its advertising (not the first and not the last I'm sure :P ) I actually didn't find it as "intuitive" as EA had stated on a number of occasions. I also thought that there would be more face and body tweaking options. EA made it sound like they were going all out with this and to be fair, the system is pretty impressive, but I really did believe there would be even more...
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked:
    -I did like how seamlessly everything seemed to click and move, for the most part. A lot of the styles and such were pretty good for a base game!

-Saving and uploading the household was very easy, and I love changing the picture shot of what uploads.

-Having the ability to have hats and boots show on different hair/outfits was great.

-My sim samples looked very lively and I think the art works perfectly for them!

2. What you didn't like:
    -It was a little confusing with certain morphs/sliders on how to get them to work right. I wanted to widen the mouth, for example, but every time I would pull/tug at it it would just change how happy or sad your mouth looks. Things like that.

-An opacity slider for the makeup would be nice.

-I had trouble getting back to my necklace option after being zoomed in--the accessories zoomed in aren't the same categories as zoomed out, if that makes sense? Was just a little confusing.

- A lot of the shoe colors didn't quite match the colors you've chosen for shirts and pants. For example, I have my simself in a soft pink shirt with the flower skinny jeans and the shoes I wanted didn't have any of the colors that were part of the outfit exactly (shades were wrong).

-The eyelashes remind me of a blob of eyeliner, to be honest.

-Eyebrow colors didn't quite match hair colors--especially the browns.

-This is a minor thing, but I noticed some of the eye colors and makeup colors didn't really represent what they looked like. There is a green eye color that actually looks almost like a grey-green when the icon shows it having more pigmentation.

3. Suggestions?

-I'm not sure if this is already possible and I missed it, but the jackets should be able to go on any shirt, not just the shirt with it.

-At least another trait slot. There are four categories but only 3 slots.

Most of the suggestions come from what I didn't like. :)

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?
    -Not that I could tell, no.

Thanks for releasing the demo for us to play! :D<3
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked: I do like the flexibility with the face shapes and body shapes.
    2. Kind of wish there was a tutorial or a practice area we could use so we can see what exactly we can change.
    3. I did like the actual hairstyles, they're much more modern than in the past.

- What you didn't like:
    -No color wheel, limited colors for skin tones, hair colors, clothing and shoe colors etc.
    -I use a touchpad with my laptop mouse so it's a bit difficult stretching out certain parts of the face.
    -I thought I met the minimum requirements for the demo but I don't think I do. Get very low FPS.
    -The shoes could look a little better
    -Hair texture need be improved, especially for darker hair colors.
    -Eyelashes need to be fixed
    -please bring back eyelash length.
    -Option to combine more moles and freckles on face a la ts3.
    -Saving outfits would be a nice addition.
    -Couldn't really randomize either just a nose or mouth. Not sure if that was me just not knowing where to go.
    -Eyeliner needs to be fixed... it looks like the eyelashes
    -NO mirror so we HAVE to rotate the sim constantly
    -Molding eye shape flexibility
    This is all I can think of right now. Will update as needed.
    Post edited by 4thefunofit4 on
  • Options
    maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    I'd like the possibility for males to wear just one earring. Females too if they like o:)
  • Options
    KairiandNamineKairiandNamine Posts: 11 New Member
    I wish you would change the name of the "Feminine walk". If there is no manly walk, why should you pinpoint something being feminine? How can you walk in a feminine way anyways? The CAS demo doesn't work for me but that's the one thing that needs change.
  • Options
    samasllstarsamasllstar Posts: 163 Member
    I love it. I don't think it need a color wheel. Just leave it out. However, I do miss favorites...
  • Options
    TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote: »
    ... no one has hair like that.

I had it actually.I bleached my hair and didn't tone it.It looked freaking 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but it kinda grew in on me, haha.I've fixed it by now though :)
    Oh, and I'm not a big fan of the feet also.They look kind of awkward..
    4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!" 
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Having played with CAS some more since my first post, I must reiterate my unhappiness with the inability to pull down the corners of the eyes or widen the lips. I've gotten better at what IS possible but this CAS seems much more limited to me than Sims 3. All the advertising made it seem like we could really go to town on how the Sims looked but I'm quite disappointed that we don't have more ability to customize the eyes and lips. I hope this is improved upon release.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    TheHeku4 wrote: »
    Moonbarker wrote: »
    ... no one has hair like that.

I had it actually.I bleached my hair and didn't tone it.It looked freaking 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but it kinda grew in on me, haha.I've fixed it by now though :)
    Oh, and I'm not a big fan of the feet also.They look kind of awkward..

Huh? I think you might've misquoted me lol, I think someone else said that xD.

• Options
    maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    Maybe it's just a blip but my blokes can't wear eyeliner with their formal clothes....I mean...got to look good with the bow tie and all :D
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    The demo came much too late to influence my position on purchasing the game. My opinion is likely tainted by my play style and based on my expectations. A couple images from my visit to the demo:

kimi-ts4.png
    trisha-leen-ts4.png

Pros:
    • The demo was free.
    • Uploading a Sim to the gallery was simple and relatively clean.
    • There was no lag. (I had no lag is The Sims 3 CAS, but thought this was a pro for those that did.)
    • It is very possible to make a "heavy" character who is attractive. (Can't imagine why there are so many awkward-looking heavy sims in the gallery.)
    Cons:
    • I have to download the update 9.4.20 every time I open Origin. I have to use Origin to open the demo.
    • I saved a sim to file, then added the twin brother. After deciding to change the hair style of the sister, I resaved. The hair style of the sister never changed to the updated version in the image. What I was seeing was not what I was getting. I had to bring the twins back into edit mode, change the hairstyle, then change it back then save under a different file name before the new hairstyle would show in the image.
    • The graphics are very low-end. My graphics are set to ultra and high but still the rendering is rough. (My system exceeds the min. requirements.) The first image is from The Secret World (online game) In the 1st image the hair has much smoother edges, almost a feathering. The 2nd image the hair appears to be an after-thought. Both images were taken from the same computer but the 1st looks smoother and doesn't "point" when the character is seen from a side angle.
    • shadoza-2.png
      khim-ts4.png
    • The eyelashes remind me of the Barbie doll glamor lashes…very bulky.
    • The breasts on the females do not flow well when enlarged. There are muscles that support the breast in the real world but in the Sims demo there is an awkwardness to the shaping that can only be corrected by allowing the breasts to hang low enough to tucked them into the waistband or keep the size relatively small.
      trisha-ts4.png
      (Heavy women usually have larger breast, but that does mean they need to sink to the bellybutton.)
    • The feet can be made longer, but not larger.
    • The edges are rough. The edges of the hair do not blend with the environment and appear to clip around the places. They are not actually clipping but because the edges are so rough they have the appearance that they are. Parts of the body appear pointed a certain angles.
    • The options are limited. Many of the Sims generated in the gallery appear overly similar. The traits options are not bad, but they seem limited compared to what I am use to. The feminine and standard walks are two that I would use, the others look awkward to me.
    • Color selection is poor, making matching outfit pieces difficult. (I miss CaSt and the color wheel.)

kimi-ts4a.png
    • The outfit selections are limited to a specific style. While different themes are available, all the styles seemed to have been designed with a specific demography as a target. The colors and patterns available are not appealing to me with few exceptions.
    • Turning the sim can be awkward and damaging. I clicked and moved the mouse to turn the sim and pulled her face out without noticing the highlight (which might be too light to be of much help.)
    • Backing up with undo does not remove everything that was done. After accidently stretching a face, I used the undo button, nothing happened, so I used it again and the hair style was changed back…but the face remained stretched. The detailed work and general work should be linked to the same backup button.
    In general, this CAS will be good for those that want to tweak a premade and jump into the game. The structure is not complicated and the selection of options and attire are limited, but this means less time making decision. While I prefer the ease of handling of the slider, the pull-style will appeal to some. For those that found CaS in The Sims 3 too complicated, this will be a good trade-off.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    d. Dragging parts didn't work for me. Not sure if it is user error or if I was trying to drag things that couldn't be changed. Examples: Nostrils couldn't be pulled out. Nose tip couldn't be tweaked in shape or size, though I could alter it's tilt and projection from the face. Couldn't make the mouth wider/narrower and couldn't alter the proportions of the lips, though I could move it up and down on the face. Couldn't change the position of the eyes making them more closely/widely set. Couldn't change the slant of the eyes or drag the corners up or down.

If you go into "edit detail" (mid-screen left hand side, when you are in head editing mode), it allows you to sculpt the features with more precision. I was able to adjust lip thicknesses, eye positions, profile (you have to rotate the sim into a side profile position), nose details ect. Hope this helps :)

They do not move their heads in this mode as well.
  • Options
    elianapeixoto04elianapeixoto04 Posts: 14 New Member
    What does this amount of pictures of sims that are not mine, saved in Cache folder? Has more than 300 photo files sims that are probably in the library community, taking up space on my computer, and just stayed at CAS Sims 4 for about 2 hours max! Will! That we will need to take daily cleaning of folders, as in The Sims 3? The biggest problem with The Sims 3 is the accumulation of garbage ... ... files in your folders and in order to be able to play with a lighter game, I am forced to delete several unnecessary files every day! He did this until, with certain calm, because I knew that would get into a game with beautiful graphics and very close to the simulation of life ... but, now, will I have to keep doing it, in a game that EA has taken everything what I liked most about the Sims 3?
  • Options
    ThedayofthealiveThedayofthealive Posts: 2 New Member
    How about an option to make custom designs and colors for our hair and outfits like in The Sims 3? One of my fave parts was making weird hair combinations for my Sims while they were rockin' their aqua green converses! Would love to see that!
  • Options
    ThedayofthealiveThedayofthealive Posts: 2 New Member
    Will the Sims 4 have online multiplayer like The Sims 2?
  • Options
    RocketdogRocks99RocketdogRocks99 Posts: 40 Member
    I liked playing around with the demo, and I love how you can change your Sims' body and face even more than you could on The Sims 3. I also really liked the walk styles and I can't wait to see how they look in-game! The bright background instead of a CAS-room is great, too; it really shifts the focus to the Sim and it's much easier to see what they look like against a brighter background.

There's a couple of drawbacks, though, such as the colour wheel which has been mentioned a lot. I liked the flexibility TS3 gave when editing hair and clothes, so I really hope you can add this in-game, or perhaps with a patch later on since the deadline is quite soon. It would also be good to have an opacity slider for make-up, but that isn't something I'll miss too much. I'd also like to be able to add more traits! I've heard that new traits will also be available in the actual game so I hope to see some of the traits that were in TS3, plus maybe some new ones!

So far, I haven't experienced any issues or bugs with the demo and it runs really smoothly. I'm impressed!
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    Will the Sims 4 have online multiplayer like The Sims 2?

Sims 2 didn't have multiplayer. And no it will not. Just the gallary and maybe some other online aspects.

• Options
    PandoraBoxxPandoraBoxx Posts: 114 Member
    Greatly improved and very easy to use. Of course, stating the obvious - lack of colour wheel - but yeah, lots of fun to play! :D Cant wait for Sims 4! <3
  • Options
    monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    I like the look of TS4CAS so far. However, I really hope there are a lot more traits and aspirations to choose from in the actual game. I also don't like the background of our Sims in the gallery, that white crumpled paper behind them.
    I've noticed that I could edit less spots on faces in TS4 than in TS3. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I just haven't discovered those things yet.
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    snurfles wrote: »
    Having played with CAS some more since my first post, I must reiterate my unhappiness with the inability to pull down the corners of the eyes or widen the lips. I've gotten better at what IS possible but this CAS seems much more limited to me than Sims 3. All the advertising made it seem like we could really go to town on how the Sims looked but I'm quite disappointed that we don't have more ability to customize the eyes and lips. I hope this is improved upon release.
    Add that to my list as well! lol. Completely agree.

• Options
    monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    Also, as someone else reported this problem before - when trying to rotate the Sim, you accidentally pull something on their face and it quickly drastically changes its shape. Pressing undo endlessly won't work in this situation because it reshapes only the things you've actually pushed and pulled on purpose.
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    edited August 2014
    I wish you would change the name of the "Feminine walk". If there is no manly walk, why should you pinpoint something being feminine? How can you walk in a feminine way anyways? The CAS demo doesn't work for me but that's the one thing that needs change.

Actually, yeah. I just built my first male, and I actually kind of liked the "feminine walk" on him. It's not so hip-swingy that you couldn't imagine a style-obsessed male sim using it (keeping in mind that everything sims do is exaggerated). That made the name of the walk really jump out at me as inappropriate.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    HD101900HD101900 Posts: 174 Member
    I really like the demo, I really enjoyed it and played for several hours. I was a little disappointed that there were no zodiac signs. I liked having those in previous games, but hopefully overtime they will add it and if not I guess we'll just have to do with out them. :)
  • Options
    KrisPerfectlyMeKrisPerfectlyMe Posts: 68 Member
    1. I like the fact you can make your Sims look more realistic. The music isn't loud and annoying like in TS3. I love that you can change the way your Sims walk, I think that's really cool. I also love the fact that you can just pick a sister/brother or twin from the first Sim I create. It's quick and easy to move through, it doesn't take forever to go to the next thing such as, going from every day to night wear. Also their outfits are cool and that the pants can go in the boots, yes I've been waiting for this for a long time, and it's finally here! And I like the skin tones as well!

2. I haven't found anything that I dislike yet, I'm still getting a hold of things.

3. My suggestions, would be that, I wish there was a hair style for natural hair, like curly hair styles, that's how I wear my hair and highlights for hair. A color wheel, I kind of miss it already. I can't think of anything else right now, but I'm pretty sure I think of something later on.

4. I haven't had any issues or bugs yet or haven't noticed them yet.

P.S. Thanks for letting us play the Create A Sims Demo! I can't wait until I have the actual game!
  • Options
    sarace981sarace981 Posts: 7 New Member
    I hope since we can add hats separately it would be nice to be able to layer other stuff such as facial hair(combine them together) tattoos and scarves. I do miss having a color wheel so hopefully eventually one will be added, or hopefully the actual game will have more color options than the demo. I didn't notice an option to zoom in or out(but I could have missed it.)