Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    tabo679tabo679 Posts: 406 Member
    What you liked?

how smooth and fast it ran hoping it will be like that in the finial game
    being able to go in and change different parts of the body

What you didn't like?

at the moment there was nothing I didn't dislike it all really good plus there will be more clothes and hair in the fully game

Suggestions? none :)

Did you experience any issues/bugs? no I have not seen and bugs or issues so far but only got it yesterday
  • Options
    girlybgirlyb Posts: 76 New Member
    As a whole, I really loved the Demo. Loved the ability to "pull" instead of manual sliders, made things go by much quicker. And I also loved the new walk feature. I wish we had a few more less feminine options, like a more masculine snob or just a 'dude' walk which is different than a swagger, imo. I also liked how we chose voices and the main trait was nice the way it pulled one trait in different directions. I also loved all the ethnicities in the 'face' section however, I have some issues with it too.

Here are the things I had would like to see on there:

* The ability to save an individual Sim in a family, not the whole family.
    * I wish I could lower or heighten the forehead. This makes all the difference believe it or not. Some people have more prominent foreheads and if you don't have that it doesn't look like them.
    * Skintone slider. I need pale pale with a pinkish tone but all you have is a pale golden color.
    * The Color Wheel. I mean, without it nothing is actually 'customized'
    * More clothing options, especially dresses and pants for women.
    * Patterns and the ability to change the color and patterns of clothing.
    * Star Signs and Favorites. I know it seems silly but it feels like my individual is more of an individual rather than just a puppet.
    * More 'curly' hair options. Nothing comes close to my naturally curly hair and having straight hair doesn't look like me.
    * One or two more Trait options. I feel very very limited here. I know my personality is more rounded than only four, one of which is completely defining to it? I miss lifetime wishes.
    * And I would like a few more 'face' options. There were a ton of Asian, Middle Eastern and Latino but not as many pale white Gaelic or Nordic folks. Or even more ethnically African.
    * Eyeliner for eyelashes? No. Please, no.

Overall I think it seems like the whole game was almost going backwards when it took away patterns, the color wheel and the ability to customize hair, eyes, skintone, clothing, etc. I mean, I couldn't do anything really besides the faces and even that was difficult for my face because I had trouble grabbing certain parts that wouldn't do anything. Like portions of the upper lip, nose and eyes. But I was happy enough so I'm not going to complain too much. I like to make sims who resemble rather than look exactly like the person anyway. But I was frustrated.
  • Options
    Rosecherry13Rosecherry13 Posts: 2 New Member
    Any news on when the sims 4 demo be realised to everyone? I am really excited to play it! :smiley:
  • Options
    SmellySimFeetSmellySimFeet Posts: 199 Member
    Any news on when the sims 4 demo be realised to everyone? I am really excited to play it! :smiley:

I don't think there will be a game demo, the CAS demo is the only freebie we will get.
  • Options
    andersson01andersson01 Posts: 193 Member
    edited August 2014
    LIKED:
       Fast loading.
       Able to modify the bodies more than before. (Wish you could adjust height, knees seems to sit too low)
       No clothes locked to a special theme.

DISLIKED:
       EXTREMELY limited clothes / hairstyles / colors in general.
       Lack of "Sims 3 CAS" painfully obvious when trying to match shirts, pants, shoes and hair / eye colors.
       And WHY isn't there an option to disable the clothing filters completely??? Switching between pants / shirts and all to see which goes best is a pain unless you go with the recommended stuff which often gives you just 1-2 options.

SUGGESTIONS:
       If you don't wanna add a Sims 3 CAS then some decent alternatives, like darker eye colors for example.
       Option to 'lock' a sim in place, annoying to get an feel for their faces and so when they keep moving around doing random emotes.
       Option to disable the clothing filter permanently.
       Shoes with heels for women that doesn't look like reflective mirrors.
       Hippie hair for men.

BUGS:
       None found.

Post edited by andersson01 on
    The world would be a much better place without me... I can't allow that! >:D
  • Options
    Rosecherry13Rosecherry13 Posts: 2 New Member

I don't think there will be a game demo, the CAS demo is the only freebie we will get.

Sorry! did I say Sims 4 demo? I meant the CAS demo. I'm kind of new to the forums XD
    Anyway I just checked and I saw that the Sims 4 CAS demo is available on origin! downloading now!
  • Options
    EriiiiiiinaEriiiiiiina Posts: 51 Member
    I liked the sliders and that you could change the entire body, not just some of it. It was awesome to change the nose as well as cheeks into the way I wanted it. shaping eyebrows was also fantastic.

I did not like the eye colors, all but brown eyes where dreadful, no one has those eye colors. You could have at least tried and made them a bit more realistic. I also did´nt like that you could´nt make the lips fuller or the eyes bigger, like more open. Also I want better colors on lipstick, they looked awful.

I expected more out of the demo, honestly I don't think it makes the game worth the money and it was´nt good enough for you to skip toddlers. The walk styles did´nt look good at all, if I would get the game I would use only one of the on all sims I create, the other ones looked like caveman-walkstyles. I really hope for EA´s sake that they´ll put some more effort into the game.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,124 Member
    I also did´nt like that you could´nt make the lips fuller or the eyes bigger, like more open.

You can do both of those.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    The sims' ankles and feet are hideous. The feet aren't connected to the ankles in a believable way. The entire time I'm playing with cas all I keep looking at is how ugly the ankles and feet are D:
    I really don't like the new CAS I definitely prefer the old CAS from ts2 and ts3.. but that's just my preference.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    I have a few issues mainly with the nose region. I have a very classical Roman nose, and I found it very difficult to achieve this look in making sims. The look I was attempting to create for females is where the bridge of the nose does not indent inwards where it connects to the eyes. So that the profile looks almost straight sloping down from the forehead but goes into a larger (not button) nose. While I could get something I wanted, it made it so that the glasses would no longer sit on the face, and instead would float out several inches in front. Maybe there can be a way to push glasses in and out to prevent this.

Also I found the minimum ends to be quite limiting compared to the maximum ends. For example: it is very difficult to achieve close-set eyes, my husband has them, but I could have ridiculously wide-set eyes. And while I have a bulb-tipped nose, it does not protrude out that far, and the minimum length for the female bulb-tipped nose was still quite long.
  • Options
    elianapeixoto04elianapeixoto04 Posts: 14 New Member
    Despite having gotten easier, CAS disappoint me. The sims were standardized: I tried to put a very different thing, but the impression it gives is that they are similar. Disappointing to have a tool to drag the game and impose limits, especially for eyes and mouths! I can just drag it to where is the limit of the game! The CAS provides us create sims within the standard of the game ... is it? Summary: we lose the freedom to create or liberty is full of limits! I felt much the lack of control the opacity of the color wheel and the cilia in the sims tool. The clothes have their standards and we can not change that ... not like! Layout of 4 options of styles to choose personality traits for sims, but we can only choose 3 ... will continue that way in the game? I did not like! Another thing I did not like: being compelled to stay with stay open Origin! To open the CAS, ORIGIN has to be open and we could not get out of it, because the Demo CAS is working. I DO NOT like to play always connected and would like the respect that The Sims 4!
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    McWolf wrote: »
    One suggestion I want to make is to make the forehead editable.

I don't think they can do that in CAS, but I know exactly what you're talking about. They need hairstyles with a greater variety of hairlines--for example, the "widow's peak." (The hairline dipping down in the middle.)

128px-MaleWidowsPeak.jpg
    MaleWidowsPeak [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], by Jmblock2 (Picture), from Wikimedia Commons

This is a signature hairline for a sim I'm trying to recreate and unfortunately, there's no hairstyle in CAS at the moment with it.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    crucru Posts: 1 New Member
    1. What I liked:
    I liked a good bit about it! I love the push and pull function and greatly prefer it over the sliders - it makes it much more intuitive and feels more like sculpting than the previous version have allowed. I enjoy the new, simplified layout and the cartoony look of the new sims! As an illustrator, I've always tried to (and struggled with) trying to form sims to the style I enjoy and work with - this new look helps me break away from the realism much more easily! A couple of friends of mine have had the same issue with previous versions, and were thrilled to see the changes!

2. What I didn't like:
    • I'm going to be like everyone else and reiterate that the color wheel is very sorely missed - I was hoping for enough options that it wouldn't be an issue, but unfortunately found that it was limiting.
    • The color swatches didn't really seem to make sense - the icon and resulting changes often didn't seem to match up, especially with skin tones and hair colors.
    • The hair with colored streaks...I was hoping the streaks would be customizable, and was disappointed to see they were not.
    • The selection of male hair was extremely limited.
    • I did have a hard time getting a grasp of the push-pull controls at first; a guide showing all the regions that are able to be manipulated (and pointers to how to go about manipulating them) would be nice.

3. Suggestions
    I know that it's been stated options like the color wheel and create a style would be very difficult (if not impossible) to implement post release, but these are the options I think are going to be most missed. A good solution might be to create an out of game version it, allowing users to manipulate and style, then packaging the item and uploading it into their game as a new option. It would help users who aren't so mod savvy
    continue to customize their game to their liking, but (as far as I'm aware) wouldn't require a lot of reworking of the game engine itself.

Other than that I have nothing else to add! I look forward to the full release of the game and have not experienced and bugs!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Maybe if they add a werewolf of vampire they will add the widows peak hair do.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    Maybe if they add a werewolf of vampire they will add the widows peak hair do.

But it's not a vampire or werewolf hairline. It's a real hairline that a lot of people have. Marilyn Monroe, Keanu Reeves, and a host of other people have it. Hopefully, it'll be included at some point in the near future like it was in TS3; there were one or two in HELS. I can't post the screenshots now, but maybe later.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I would like to leave some feedback:

It'd be nice to have a "Back" and maybe even "Forward" button on the gallery. I found myself looking at SimGuruJill's awesome sims on her showcase, then I clicked a random sim that was there and found myself a bit lost, having to re-search for SimGuruJill. Just a nice feature to have.

I would like to see more advanced search features such as age, genders, skin tones, body type, ect. Since the lots aren't included in there, I know that this demo isn't the full search functions and maybe they are already added in the base game, but I wanted to express it in case.

Commenting on profile pages seems to be disabled by default, and I don't know how to turn it on. Again, might be a base game feature.
  • Options
    TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    Aoralys wrote: »
    I wish the glasses would be closer to the face. The glasses on my sim seem to be floating way out front which makes the profile and 3/4 turn on my sim look really weird.

I absolutely agree xD
    RDy3o35.png

4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!" 
  • Options
    p0ison1vyp0ison1vy Posts: 1 New Member
    Attention Sims team, Please improve upon the following:

more attractive and natural-looking smiles. I've noticed that even Sims with small mouths contort their faces into something hideous and joker-like when smiling.
    Some control over smile shape and teeth would be nice.

I think there should be more facial presets, if they arent going to include an option for toggling sliders (which I would prefer.) some descriptions or names for different presets would make them easier to navigate, as they can be hard to tell apart just by going through the pictures.

There should be options to add dark circles, dimples, hollow cheeks, etc.

It would be nice to have facial piercings in the base game. Lots of simmers have, or are fond of facial piercings!

Nose shapes i find hard to customize. In profile, there's always either a bump at the tip, or a hump on the bridge, unless the nose is flat; its hard to make a nice straight, high-bridged nose. Also, we NEED control over the columella and septum! I was unable to create my own nose because of this.

I also couldn't replicate my eyes, because there weren't any realistic prominent Bette Davis-type eyelid presets http://rbhsjukebox.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/bettedavis.jpg

More control over eyebrows – thickness, length\width, etc. Also, the eyebrows and eyelashes are disappointingly nondescript

There didn't seem to be control over the jawline shape, definition, convexity, etc. Only wide jaws or narrow.

more Lip shape control – philtrum width & shape, cupids bow shape, lip corner height

customization for whole mouth area, rather than just the lips (mouth prominence, etc.)

Hair should be customizable. Come on, its 2014. It could even be an expansion pack: The Sims 4 Haidresser. Cut and style your sims hair! (can you imagine?)

And while were at it, how about makeup should be fully customizable too, if one were wont? apply makeup directly to your sims face in case. if not, at least give us the opacity option back! and the color wheels. and create a style!

ability to chose more traits would be nice. and more traits (most of them were in ts3)

If the sims team doesn't improve these things, and they probably won't, I sincerely hope someone comes up with some great hacks, because the customization was the saving grace from TS3, and now we have half of what we used to have...
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    I downloaded the Sims 4 Demo the day it was released to all. Thanks for making it available. My comments are made considering the fact that it is the demo and not the finished product.

What I liked:
    1. no bugs
    2. the ease of creating a Sim although I need to get used to the push and pull. I still find sliders easier to use to achieve fine detail. Working on the eyes, eyebrows, and lips was the most difficult although I may need a new mouse as it didn't seem very responsive.
    3. the random name selector is a great idea. I always had trouble naming Sims.

What I disliked:
    1. no color wheel; it is an absolute necessity! The colors and some patterns are too intense (reminds me of the Sims 2 which I did not like)
    2. the hair is downright ugly specially for the males. Using lighter colors with shading helps but there are not enough of those choices.
    3. the eye colors are too intense specially the blues.
    4. the makeup is a disaster. Need to be able to adjust the opacity and you can't use lip color on the males. A slider is needed here. I won't even express my opinion on the eye lashes.
    5.There is not a really clear picture of your Sim in your Library or in the Gallery because their faces get all scrunched up (possibly due to the emotions. ) I'm finding the Sims all have the same facial expressions.
    6. Finding your way around the gallery is a dog's breakfast with single males and females and families are all mixed together. Unless you know a name or a creator, it is hopeless (I was able to find Bob and Betty Newbie because I knew about them).
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I totally agree with what someone said about the feet! They remind me of bad CC shoes in TS3 that I would have deleted. They look really bad in heels.
    Untitledpng7_zps21607072.png
    Untitledpng6_zpse333ee4c.png
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    p0ison1vy wrote: »

I also couldn't replicate my eyes, because there weren't any realistic prominent Bette Davis-type eyelid presets http://rbhsjukebox.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/bettedavis.jpg

I agree with everything you said in your very detailed and well-done post, but I must especially reiterate this. So many characters I want to create -- and real people I know -- have those heavy-lidded eyes that currently do not exist in TS4, or at least this demo.

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    I totally agree with what someone said about the feet! They remind me of bad CC shoes in TS3 that I would have deleted. They look really bad in heels.
    Untitledpng7_zps21607072.png
    Untitledpng6_zpse333ee4c.png

THIS! I mean, seriously: Look at those cankles! I have very small feet and thin ankles since I have small bones on a petite frame. It's nice that we can resize feet now, but it looks ridiculous since we cannot resize the ankles, hands or wrists. It only looks okay if you make the feet bigger.

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,124 Member
    I wish there were more facial "features" like crows' feet, blemishes and skintones that are less "flat."
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    deadlydeviantdeadlydeviant Posts: 17 Member
    I have to agree, I to have heavy lidded eyes, so I am hoping eventually that will be added in. And I am also hoping that they will make it so that the beauty marks are able to be moved.
  • Options
    ShadowkeepernoirShadowkeepernoir Posts: 55 Member
    I got a chance to play with the new CAS demo last night, I really enjoyed it.

The good:
    I was able to sculpt most of the features the way I wanted to. The detail edit mode was really cool, I couldn't find a good small upper lip, full lower lip mouth I was able to tweak one to what I needed. It was also nice to be able to adjust the profile, moving the mouth or eyes out, dragging as opposed to sliders worked nicely.

My computer is less than a year old, decent graphics card, water cooled chipset, TS3 kills it (it's unplayable right now even with all the work arounds). I noticed while in the CAS TS4 demo my temperature didn't spike. I played till I was ready to shut it off. I'm crossing my fingers, toes, eyes and anything else I can cross the game follows suit. That would make it worth 70$.

I realize this is a base game demo, I liked the hair style options better than previous base games.

I like that hats are separate.

I liked the ethnic variety, particularly that each one looked different (not just the same face in a range of colors).

The Bad:
    The color options were limited (I'm hoping it's because this is a demo), I like a bit more control over colors.

Hair colors, again kind of limited. The monotone color presets made some of the hair styles appear flat. Not being able to tweak the fun color hair, was kind of meh (again I realize this is a demo).

There were some eye and nose styles I was unable to find or sculpt. My eyes are almond shaped and have heavy lids. my options are to try and sculpt an eye with a heavy lid (which doesn't come out right) or try and sculpt an almond eye shape (again can't get it to look right). Just an observation.

Not a fan of many of the clothing options, they just don't appeal to me (says the woman that buys all the classic/retro styled sets).

I didn't like not being able to set make up for all styles. As others have stated opacity would be a nice feature. Lipstick colors have a tendency to be garish, bringing down the saturation would help.

Accessories, the way they are split up is a bit tedious. It makes for a lot of back and forth.

Leggings can be cool, how about nylons? The brown toned leggings are a bit dark to try and use under a dress.

The girlfriend/boyfriend/fiance relationship status would be nice.

Overall:
    I liked it, it has a nice look to it. The trait system looks interesting, I look forward to trying it out. The demo ran smoothly, no glitches, bugs, or problems. Most of my gripes were matters of taste, not function. Like a lot of people I hope toddlers come back (I play generational families in my normal game play). Building is one of my favorite parts of the game, I am very much looking forward to the new build mode.