Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    samaramirandasamaramiranda Posts: 2 New Member
    1. I liked the outfit and hair choices available. They are so much better than in the sims 3. I also liked how easy it was to make a sim look a certain way and how quick it was to make one. My brother and I played guess who with the sims yesterday making celebrities all night and all it took was grabbing wherever and fixing it. I thought i wouldnt like the cartoony graphics change but it has grown on me. I liked very much how quickly and easily the gallery opened and it took seconds to download a new sim from the community exchange. EA is making great strides of progress there.
    2. I miss the color wheels for everything and Create a style (i think it was called that). So many times i've said to myself "if only that were a solid color," or "if that shirt was just two shades lighter I would be happy". Also the make-up is irritating because its either not there or they have black eye sockets. A opacity slider would be nice. Also i dont like that i have to click on the head to do one set of accessories and the body for a different set. just a bother for me but i can get over it. I didnt like that I couldn't add highlights to my hair. Lastly, I am praying that the clothes and hair I see are not all you have in the full game. There needs to be more.

3. My suggestions boil down to, Add more tools to customize hair and clothes, make up opacity slider, More hair and clothes options, a way to spread the lists out (i remember in the sims 3 it would take forever to load all the shirts and what not but they were 3 to a row and now theyve been condensed to two to a row. I dont know what exactly you need to do here but I don't like having to scroll forever before I get to something. Lastly, please don't just throw stuff into EP's and stuff packs. Some of the most loved developers release free stuff in the updates. I realized that that happened with basements and fountains and roof things in the sims 3 but imagine the surprise when they open CAS one day after updating and find a new clothing set sitting at the bottom of the list or two new hairstyles on top of the issues being fixed.

Overall, I love the demo and am very excited to get the full game and see all the new features. I do miss alot of the stuff from the Sims 3 but I am open to something new. It runs smoothly and looks great. EA and Maxis are two of my favorite developers but they've messed up alot in the past few years (SimCity 2013, Sims 3 Movie Stuff, Katy Perry stuff, Diesel stuff, etc...) its like the horse armor in the elder scrolls IV:oblivion all over again. It's okay to make mistakes, just fix them and don't do it again. Keep up the good work. :smile: smile:
  • Options
    kikistixkikistix Posts: 3 New Member
    I agree with sims152318, an eyelash slider would be great, as there are some eye shapes I wanted for sims without wanting the full mascara-style look. Also opacity for make up like in Sims 3 would be nice. There's a lot of different shades available for lips and eyes which I like, but some level of how made up they are would be nice.

Other than that I really love the demo and can't wait to see all the options we'll have in the full game!
  • Options
    thatguyraphaelthatguyraphael Posts: 94 Member
    The demo is working fine with me!!
    "No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you've come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself" - Madonna
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    TheHeku4 wrote: »
    @Moonbarker Oh, I probably did misquote you, sorry!Still getting the hang of this forum xD<br />
    <br />
    But as someone else mentioned<br />
    -Shy trait NEEDS to be added.There is a huge difference between that and the loner trait.It would mean the world to me if it would be in game :)<br />
    and<br />
    -Cas crashes after 4 hours of playing but it's probably just my computer c:

My laptop ran CAS demo pretty much all day yesterday and didn't crash, there were breaks here and there so maybe something else caused it?
  • Options
    pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    I just started playing with the Demo, I do enjoy making the sims, but I have to agree with most here, I do miss the color wheel, I miss my patterns,Eyelash slider, and the ability to put makeup on our sims. Hate that I can't change the color of the hair, and I would also like to see the height thing. So far no glitches for me, but I only made one sim so far. So it might be to earlier to tell if I will get any glitches.
  • Options
    Lylee666Lylee666 Posts: 28 Member
    I like how we can customise the body, face, hair and other features. Better than in the previous games. But, I would like to see more color options, I miss the color wheel from sims 3. I would like to see more options for this also, more tattoos. I know, I know more will come with time.

Also maybe a few more hair styles. But otherwise, I am having fun with the cas
  • Options
    KrazyAngelKat81KrazyAngelKat81 Posts: 492 Member
    1. What you liked - the new push pull adjustments, far easier then sliders & hair looks quite real. The gallery is a great idea.
    2. What you didn't like - skin colour options need to be more flexible, especially for dark skin, couldn't quite match my husband's espresso coloured Caribbean skin.
    3. Suggestions? dresses with straps, too much strapless stuff in that library. lol
    4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? nope but I didn't play for long.
    KrazyAngelKat81's Links:
    My Simblr (Tumblr): Love and Scenery Sims 4
    My Official Sims 4 Downloads:
    LandSS4%20Banner.jpg
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    The clothes choices are 100% better than anything we've had in the past and I love how we can now make our sims but I miss the colour wheel and being able to apply my own patterns to items
    Im also hoping much longer hair for the men will be available
  • Options
    joancrawfordjoancrawford Posts: 88 Member
    Everything works great except sometimes I click on a part of the face and it goes back to the original.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited August 2014
    Liked
    almost everything

Disliked
    No colour wheel and limited customisation
    Not enough facial sliders
    Not enough feedback when manipulating stuff

Suggestions
    1) More feedback on manipulation
    2) Colour wheel & expanded customisation
    3) Longer name fields. 14 characters isn't enough for my full surname which is 17 characters long.

For that matter Double-Barrelled is 16 characters and Throatwobbler-Mangrove 22 characters
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    Lilmik552Lilmik552 Posts: 21 New Member
    1. What you liked:

> I enjoyed, the pulling and dragging. I definitely created a Sim that looked very similar to myself. With the previous Sim games it was difficult/impossible to do.

> I like to style of clothes you can choose from (although not a lot to choose from) its more modern and fits with today's styles.

> The variety of faces actually look different. Ethnicity's are MUCH easier to create.

> Modern and nice looking hairstyles.

> Like the feature where the clothes will conform to boots and such. Great feature!

2. What you didn't like:

> I disliked how all the hair styles had solid colors. I really wanted to create a Sim that has dirty blonde hair or highlights or peppered hair.

>Being forced to choose between created color patterns and such was not enjoyable.

> Less traits than usual.

3. Suggestions?

> Allow the hairstyles to have multi colors. Dirty blond, streaks, peppered, etc.

> Allow colors to be interchangeable with clothing. Even if its only solids and not the color wheel.

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?

> Didn't play an extremely long time so I didn't discover any bugs.
  • Options
    sl2306919sl2306919 Posts: 5 New Member
    I agree with everything from lilmik552. I know I just mentioned this, but they really need more traits. I also would like to see a way for Sims to be a different height. This is not as important as having more traits, but I am surprised this has never been a part of the game. I am sure it has something to do with coding.
  • Options
    Awesome0_0PersonAwesome0_0Person Posts: 4 Member
    same
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Love, love, LOVE it! The best, and most in depth CAS yet! Thank you!
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited August 2014
    Please see new post lower down which now shows actual pictures.
    Post edited by Alistu on
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    Meoww09Meoww09 Posts: 11 New Member
    > Tell us:
    >
    > 1. What you liked ---> Everything loaded fast! I really liked the graphics, too. I love comics and cartoons and these New Sims appeal to me 100%! Honestly, I liked everything about the demo in question. I have been playing since the very 1st Sims and I am of the opinion that they just keep on getting better. I really liked the new "get a trait based on your aspiration", and the variety of sims ethnicities and ways to walk! AWESOME....Could go on for a few hours, but ....gotta move on.
    > 2. What you didn't like----> I do wish we had more color options with eyes as we do with hair (i.e.: red eyes, yellowy eyes,...).Also, I would have liked to be able to do younger sims just to see what they will be able to do. I let my son watch the create a sim part with me because he does love them even though he cannot play yet (He is six), and he was very sad he wasn'i able to have himself recreated, lol. I have things that worry me, but not about the demo, I know it is a demo and not much is to be expected...
    > 3. Suggestions? I really miss the color wheel, made it so simple to add more possibilities with color matching of...well....everything! Also, I would suggest to please add another trait, aside from the one we get in the game later on. So yeah, 6 instead of 5....I know this may complicate and make more complex a sim's array of behaviors, but for me it would be soooo worth it.
    > 4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? -----> None! If the game was as simple and fast as this I'd be sold from the get go!

THank you Sims Developers for making such enjoyable games ^_^
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    *BUG REPORT*

The two following male pyjama bottoms are listed in CAS as being THE SAME ITEM. The mesh on the right only appears when four particular colours are selected from the swatches.
    Legs1_zpsc08e63b6.jpg

The four colours in particular I have outlined in red in this picture.
    Colours_zpsf0228057.jpg
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member

1. What I liked

Everything. I'm very impressed by the CAS and all the new possibilities we have now. We won't need anymore to download custom sliders to play with advanced genetic features.

2. What you didn't like
    The walkstyles. I rather choose the one by default because the other ones are just.. too weird.

3. Suggestions?
    Not at this moment.

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? If so-
    - Please give full details of what you're seeing (error messages, etc.)
    - Provide your DxDiag & Config.Log (see below how to get these)

Nothing
  • Options
    BainBain Posts: 8 New Member
    1. What you liked

Wow such an improvement for manipulations of details! Very similar to Eve Online's character creator, but better. There also are several different touches I enjoyed. You zoom into the face, the sim stops moving around so you can do the fine manipulations. The swapping of accessories between face and body is also a nice touch. And all the different categories! It makes things so much more easier to organize and find!

The other thing I enjoyed is how responsive and snappy the UI responds to everything I do, and how quickly the clothing options load. When dealing with Sims 3, it took forever for me to change between everyday to formal or any other category in CAS because of how long it took for clothing to appear to choose from. Going into CAS was a chore in Sims 3, I hope Sims 4 stays this quick to appear on my screen. Also I really liked the idea of styled looks, to give ideas for outfits.

Another thing I really liked is how to cancel options you have chosen by clicking the red X in the UI. Don't want to be wearing a shirt? Just click the remove X button and boom, it's gone. Want to get rid of all your make-up at once? Click that wonderful red X. So much easier to restart a look instead of having to go into each individual category and clicking the blank option.

2. What you didn't like

I understand this is a demo, so the lack of options are understandable. That is the main complaint. There should be more of everything. More clothes. More accessories. More colors. More styles. More traits. More inspirations. The lack of options has been severely limiting. For instance, if I wanted to choose a color for a theme for an outfit, I was limited to what clothing and accessory options I had depending if that color was available for a particular piece of clothing or jewelry. And no real option for full length pantyhose, for those short dresses or skirts. I had to keep using tights, which was annoying.

3. Suggestions?

I understand the reasoning for getting rid of the color wheel and Create-A-Style, as with Sims 3, it took forever to load and waiting was a chore. I tended to never change my outfits because going back into CaS took forever. But if you are going to get rid of the color wheel, you need to offer more options for colors for everything. And you have to give lots of options. Limiting style choices because of lack of the proper color matching is very frustrating.

The other thing, each of the sliders need about twice to three times the distance for manipulation. More distance will give us the ability to create a more diverse look.

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?

No bugs, but my friend said the demo would not load on his machine, so he just gave up.

Conclusion:

Overall, the demo convinced me to pre-order the game. I was on the fence before I tried the demo, so you just got yourself another $80 from me. Thank you for releasing the demo already so I can make some families prior to the game releasing so they will be ready once I get my game discs and install the game.
  • Options
    bekkyhadleybekkyhadley Posts: 22 Member
    I agree with a lot of other people who have commented so far!
    - colour wheel of some kind is needed! I get bored of the same clothes in the same colour too easily!
    - there needs to be more traits, why not have the 5 we have in sims 3?
    - more choice, maybe because it's a demo the whole range wasn't there but there wasn't enough clothes!
    - The tattoos! They weren't the best in 3 but atleast you could pick what went where but these ones you could only do this arm like this and this here ect - hopefully because the demo isn't showing the full range!
    - The eye lashes - please make them look less like eye liner!

I loved it though! It ran smoothly, no problems. Thr sims are perfect, I can't wait for the game
  • Options
    ameekabrambleameekabramble Posts: 190 Member
    1. What you liked
    I am really loving the create-a-sim demo. Kudos for doing such a great job in giving us the tools to make really unique sims. Also the genetic thing is great too. And thank you for finally releasing it to everyone. I have a full set of sims I will enjoy playing when the game releases. I am ready to play!

2. What you didn't like
    I can't think of anything I dislike about it at all at this time.

3. Suggestions?
    I think it would be really really helpful if you included one quick button to remove all clothing/hair/facial hair/tattoos etc in one click, for when you are trying to start a sim from scratch.

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? Perhaps an issue. My demo takes like 10 minutes to start, which it didn't do in the beginning before I downloaded a bunch of sims (probably way too many). Also, while it is "starting" it looks like it has completely frozen up, and when I pull up the task manager it says it is not responding. But if I wait like 10-15 minutes it will finally load.
    Origin ID: libraryrose4
  • Options
    BilgatoBilgato Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2014
    No ghosts...I'm afraid I'll have to pass on the Sims4.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    1. What you liked

I really like the look of the sims in general - the graphics are really cute. Also, the layout of CaS in general is very tactile - it was easy to manoeuvre around so I was happy with that. Another thing that I enjoyed was shaping my Sims: it was very easy and a lot of fun to edit the shape of my sim's body.

2. What you didn't like

At some points I didn't know how to move certain features, like the tip of the nose's rotation. It needs to be made clearer what part of the face you're moving and how you can move it.

3. Suggestions?

Definitely add more colours for clothing and hair - more clothes and hair in general. Some more normal walk styles would be nice, too, as the others were too strange/over the top. The same goes for the make-up; all of the colours are too bold!

4. Problems?

I didn't have any problems whilst playing the demo.
  • Options
    DarkMisfitDarkMisfit Posts: 363 Member
    I love the demo for the most part. It's easy to catch on to what you need to do to do advanced changes to your sim. The only thing I am finding a pain is click dragging to change proportions of face, chin, nose etc...seems to be sticky for me. Other than that I'm in love with it. Cannot wait till the game comes out so I can fully immerse myself and most likely be a hermit for a couple weeks.....at least :p
  • Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    edited August 2014
    I loved being able to manipulate the characters in CAS with such detail and precision, the drag and mould feature allowed me to create people I know in real life. I also found it to be so useful that you can change individual parts of the body, giving it a more realistic feel. I really liked that you were able to pick aspirations in your life from family to foodie, it allows you to create a sim that is unique and interesting, maybe even a sim that reflects yourself, or whom you would want to be.

The only thing that I didn't like is the lack of variety for skin, hair and clothes. I am so disappointed that there is no curly hairstyles to chose from in CAS. That is one thing I would love to see.

I would love if there was more of a variety of hair styles, skin tones and clothing. Although you are able to pretty much creative whatever person you want, you are then limited drastically by the lack of personal identifiers, such as hair and clothes. Perhaps there could be an extra spot for you to add personality traits.

There were no glitches during my one hour and half to two hours of gameplay.

I think it would be helpful for developers and members to know I am completely new to the Sims franchise.
    Post edited by Remy_Geneva on