Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA is pushing back Sims 4 until 2015!

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    The fact is if they delayed it would be due to a game problem and not give any more content or add back anything. The suits are adamant about things like that and the stock holders are already in fits over the the delays for Dragon age and the new Battlefield announced last week for adding stuff and polishing. They even said they could understand if it was a game problem. So in that view - a delay meant there was an issue, and the delay would only be long enough to fix the issue - not add anything. I highly doubt EA wants the ones who own over half of the company freaking further. We are talking a 60 dollar game and the investors have billions at stake. They are extremely happy with preorder numbers and a delay could make those numbers go down. Lets face it not even 700 petitioned to delay the game. The big numbers on the other petition is to just add toddlers and pools. It does not say delay - so they are not going to see 700 as important as numbers who have already pre-ordered.

I can only see the pre-order charts in the USA alone and as of last Friday - they were up nearly to 97,000 of people in just the USA that want the game NOW.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I can only see the pre-order charts in the USA alone and as of last Friday - they were up nearly to 97,000 of people in just the USA that want the game NOW.

It's only estimating the preorders. Have you ever seen them list their sources?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well yes they check the total of still active pre-orders at all the major stores that sell video and pc games. Like if someone cancels that will show the following week as no longer active. Keep in mind those figures are just from the major chain stores and not any small mom and pop stores or pc shops. ETA - It is not an estimate but actual numbers that come in on a ticker tape just like stocks work and show numbers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Oh snap! A countdown, it must be true. You're probably one of the most gullible people i have come across. Things change sweetheart.
    He's close. Have you met catloverplayer?

:lol: So true
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited July 2014
    Drinabug wrote:
    Is this true?

No, change the title please its misleading
  • Options
    Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2014
    steve7859 wrote:
    Drinabug wrote:
    Is this true?

No, change the title please its misleading

I know right? Add an "Is" and a question mark. Its a question, not a statement.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2014
    Guys, she made the post back in February, haven't seen her around lately. Someone just bumped an old thread.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Guys, she made the post back in February, haven't seen her around lately. Someone just bumped an old thread.
    It was me, sorry about that :wink:
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    It was me, sorry about that :wink:

Dude_no.gif
    rifJadC.png