Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA is pushing back Sims 4 until 2015!

Is this true?

Comments

• Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited February 2014
    Obviously not.
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's just a rumor because of the second "a few months" tweet. If it did though, personally I wouldn't mind. Sure I'd be disappointed, but if it means a better and more stable base game, they can take all the time they need.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited February 2014
    No it is not true. Some people on these forums are just making exaggerated reasons as to why information about Sims 4 is taking a while to be released. Basically they get upset, spread false rumors, instead of just waiting.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2014
    Just a rumour as of now but I"m expecting a delay and won't be suprised if they announce it's delayed till 2015.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm one of those people who hate game delays and I don't want to see ts4 delayed. I'm ready to play a new sims game.

If it does get delayed it will be the first sims game to get delayed more then twice.

Originally it was suppose to come out in Spring and then they pushed it back to Fall. They say it was cause of Titenfall.

Sims 2 and Sims 3 were only delayed once.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm one of those people who hate game delays and I don't want to see ts4 delayed. I'm ready to play a new sims game.

If it does get delayed it will be the first sims game to get delayed more then twice.

Originally it was suppose to come out in Spring and then they pushed it back to Fall. They say it was cause of Titenfall.

Delays don't bother me, I waited a long time for Diablo 3 for example. I just don't think there is a need to spread rumors of sims4 being delayed a whole year, when no one actually knows yet. There isn't a need to panic over a little bit of information. Games not yet released give out tiny bits of info, then stop, then start again all the time. Many of which are released on time.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2014

I saw an in-game demo of Titanfall, and it looks pretty awesome. But I don't believe it to be the cause of Sims 4 delay. They may say it is, but I don't buy it. The reason for me not buying their excuse as to why Sims 4 was delay is because they have had release to major games on the same day before. So why should Titanfall and Sims 4 being released on the same day be any different? I think that they are having problems in getting the Sims 4 made and they just don't want anyone to know about it. So they come up with this crazy excuse for the reason why Sims 4 was delayed. :D
  • Options
    rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2014
    No biggie..if it is delayed , what if EA finally figured it out that their customers are finally fed up with their shoddy product and for once are really trying to present some quality instead of quantity!
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited February 2014
    They had their "I forgive you" delay. Anything more and I'll probably just ignore the game for, well, until they've released it, fixed it, and polished it.

Seriously, I understand that game-making takes a long time, but who decided this time-frame and PR time-frame was a good idea? If they'd just give us some more info or let us know that something happened (i.e. a fire burnt down the studio), then I'm sure they'd still have a loyal fanbase.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2014
    Drinabug wrote:
    Is this true?

Not sure, it hasn't been confirmed yet. Its just a rumor right now.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited February 2014
    I seriously doubt the game will be delayed. Delays cost money, EA have already had one, they're going to want to avoid another as much as possible.

No information doesn't necessarily mean the game will be delayed. Development process and marketing are not directly related. It's seemed to me recently that the game is nearing completion, almost ready to go into the alpha stage, I don't think a delay will be needed.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2014
    Obviously not.

I don't know. I'm afraid it is possible, especially if something is seriously wrong with the game, but until its confirmed by EA, I'm going to assume it has a fall 2014 release date.
  • Options
    Wuchter1227Wuchter1227 Posts: 64 Member
    edited February 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    I seriously doubt the game will be delayed. Delays cost money, EA have already had one, they're going to want to avoid another as much as possible.

No information doesn't necessarily mean the game will be delayed. Development process and marketing are not directly related. It's seemed to me recently that the game is nearing completion, almost ready to go into the alpha stage, I don't think a delay will be needed.

I agree with Callum on this one. I'm not saying that people don't have a right to be concerned, but let's just wait this one out. A simguru says give it a few weeks until the expo and then another simguru says "a few more months". Whose to say which one of them is giving correct information and the other isn't? I think the expo is March 17th-21st if we get no information then, maybe there is right to be concerned. Other than that we are all assuming the game has been delayed because one simguru tweeted we won't get information for a few more months. I wouldn't look too much into this guys. Play some sims 1, 2, or 3 in the mean time until we get new information :D
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited February 2014
    GOOD, I hope they do, it gives me more time to buy another computer(as I am saving up for one now)and play Sims 3 more!

3900 post! Yay! :)
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2014
    I don´t know about EAs practices here ...
    but in order to get a game out at strategic sale dates (like, for example, christmas sale time) many publishers would rather get their developers to release an unfinished product, than to allow further delays.
    This has been the reason for a few extremly unfinished releases in the game world during the last years ... Sword of the Stars 2 and Stronghold 3 come into my mind immediately (both not published by EA, but another publisher, I should add)

For this reason I would guess that Sims 4 comes out in November the latest ... unless it is more unfinished than I guess (and has to be delayed by a year)
  • Options
    PIXVIX20PIXVIX20 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2014
    I agree I guess November for Christmas release I don't mind. Sims 3 was always going to be limited due to its base game so the better the base game the better the expansions. That's the hope anyway so if they push it back its probably better in the long run.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't know if anyone is familiar with Everquest II but they released that they were coming out with a new game and then it didn't come out for 2 years. They pushed back release a few times if I recall correctly. It was worth the wait because it ran smooth. I am hoping that is the case with Sims 4. So far 2015 is just a rumor. I am with everyone else on here thinking maybe November at the latest just in time for Christmas.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2014
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    I don't know if anyone is familiar with Everquest II but they released that they were coming out with a new game and then it didn't come out for 2 years. They pushed back release a few times if I recall correctly. It was worth the wait because it ran smooth. I am hoping that is the case with Sims 4. So far 2015 is just a rumor. I am with everyone else on here thinking maybe November at the latest just in time for Christmas.

Final Fantasy 13 - Versus springs to my mind :D

But if this is true then it honestly doesn't bother me. While at this point I think it would be a smidge unprofessional to put back the date again I'd rather wait longer and have a finished and polished game than have it come out when it was supposed to and be a complete mess.
  • Options
    AlchemyAlchemy Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think they should take as much time as they need, rather than rushing out a half backed game like SimCity
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited February 2014
    My bet is they'll try like crazy to get it released by November, just in time for holiday rush. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2014
    OMG, It's True! *runs around with arms waving in the air, screaming* It's True, it's True!

...if the post you read doesn't link to an EA announcement, it's only rumor. :(
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2014
    Alchemy wrote:
    I think they should take as much time as they need, rather than rushing out a half backed game like SimCity

Actually I think they already leraned from Sim City ...
    we know that at first, TS4 was lanned to be a Multiplayer Online-Game and then was switched to Single Player somewhere dxuring development.

Maybe th3e lacking acceptance of Sim City with its mandatory Online play (as well as the massive connection problems) has led them to rethink the focus if TS4
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2014
    Didn't we see recently that they started the game a few years ago and have reworked it several times? I'm sure I read that somewhere?

Anyway, if they have reworked it as many times as we think they have, based upon the rumors and Patrick Kelly thing, and the gods know what else, then I say GOOD!!

I want a good, stable, fun, interesting base game. I don't want another half baked skeleton model like ts3 ended up being.

They had so many great concepts in 3, but failed to fully flesh them out and include all the interactions and animations that should have accompanied them. I have said this before, it's like my standard model that I pull out every time I make this comment, but it is true; the prom for teens. We could have had so much fun with this idea had they really worked it all out. Our teens could have decorated the gym, they could have planned the band, maybe had tryouts. I don't know, there could have been a lot of fun things included that we could have been a part of if they had put the time and energy into it. But no, we get yet another rabbit hole. :roll:

That whole thing with rabbit holes instead of game play was the biggest problem with 3. So much of a problem for me, that I won't be moving on if they don't do it right this time around. I do have 4 pre-ordered, but that can easily be cancelled. I will do it, if they don't give us a game that's really fun.

If they have to delay it another year in order to make it fun, stable, etc., then I say DO IT! DELAY IT if you need the time to get it right. I support you Team 4, but you gotta make our support worth the effort. :shock:

Good luck and take the time necessary if you need to! :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    oreosncreamforjo55oreosncreamforjo55 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited February 2014
    If it means getting a better game, I wouldn't mind.