Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA is pushing back Sims 4 until 2015!

Comments

• Options
    MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    People are already wondering if Sims 4 will indeed be launched this fall, or if it will be pushed back to 2015.
    The last hopes of hearing about Sims 4′s release date at GDC 2014 are set for tomorrow’s conference, where further details and presentations about the game’s AI will be revealed. With the Witcher 3 seeing a delayed release date (The Witcher 3 has been pushed back to a February 2015 release date), we’re starting to be afraid that the same could happen to Sims 4. However, a delay wouldn’t be a complete disaster, considering that EA has a history of rushing games in favor of easy monetary gains, and we’re hoping this won’t be the case with Sims 4. Are you disappointed about the lack of Sims 4-related information at this year’s GDC?

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/03/20/sims-4-release-date-updates-gdc-2014/

https://www.facebook.com/The.Sims.4.Official/posts/134834353234731

It could be a possibility that it will still come out fall 2014 though!
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    IcySlash wrote:
    I think it's best to stop bringing this topic up over and over

It's assumption is about a rumor, and the title itself is very misleading. So i don't think we should discuss about it.
    whoops!

You did it. :lol:
    But it's still a rumor. I get it it's getting stronger lately, though.
    Personally i WANT a delay as much as you, but i don't think it's happening. We'll wait and see!
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Ea just delayed two of their so called flag ship games - Dragon Age and the new Battlefield and the stock holders went ballistic - there is no way they will do Sims 3 for the same reason. Their reason for delaying those two was to add in some additional things and to do more polish. The stock holders will not stand for another - seeing they said they'd understand if there was a game problem but not for adding more content. I guess Dragon Age will still make the Christmas rush as it got pushed to November 15 - but Battlefield was changed to Early 2015 - I could see it now if EA announced to add more content seeing they have assured stock holders all 3 games are running great. Nope - unless the Creators camp finds some issues like they did with Sims 3 - there is no way EA is about to rile the market again.

If only they would have delayed the sims 4 to add additional content, such as pools and toddlers. :( I agree that they won't delay a 3rd major game. Knowing EA's attitude towards the sims franchise, makes you wonder if they would even delay it with issues found in the creators camp.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    If it's delayed again I'll lose interest and just focus on the many other games I can spend my money on. One or two delays are fine, any thing more is just ridiculous.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    If it's delayed again I'll lose interest and just focus on the many other games I can spend my money on. One or two delays are fine, any thing more is just ridiculous.

It's only been delayed once that any ones mentioned...
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    MALAiA46 - the Game Devopers Conference was back in mid March and it was slightly after that when they officially announced the date of September 2nd.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely no one from EA said that The Sims 4 will release in 2015. Fall 2014 is the final release date for TS4!

Well, they could delay it till December 20 then and it would still be "fall 2014". :mrgreen:

If they used the delay to either

1. add in features that players are asking for (mainly toddlers)

or

2. put out a Mac version to release same time as the Windows version

they could turn what looks like a PR disaster into a PR win. "We listened to our player base, and here's what we've got for them!" A delay would also give them time to show more game play in styles that appeal to more Sims players -- generational play, family play, romantic interactions and such.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely no one from EA said that The Sims 4 will release in 2015. Fall 2014 is the final release date for TS4!

Well, they could delay it till December 20 then and it would still be "fall 2014". :mrgreen:

or

they could turn what looks like a PR disaster into a PR win. "We listened to our player base, and here's what we've got for them!" A delay would also give them time to show more game play in styles that appeal to more Sims players -- generational play, family play, romantic interactions and such.

We can dream, but again the likely hood of that is that of pigs sprouting wings and flying. Thought honestly the latter has a better chance of happening of EA doing the decent thing for their customers. **coughs microtransactions for bullets coughs**
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I just went to amazon and they have it at December 2014, but I get the impression that's just a "default" date. I have an amazon gift card, it's been in my drawer since last Christmas. I wonder if I can hold onto it until sims 4, and if so should I get the "Premium", or Limited Edition, and there's also a prima guide in Hardback or paperback.

I'm actually tempted to go ahead and order the guide -- it might give me enough information to help me decide whether to get the game or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

or

We can dream, but again the likely hood of that is that of pigs sprouting wings and flying. Thought honestly the latter has a better chance of happening of EA doing the decent thing for their customers. **coughs microtransactions for bullets coughs**

I was actually saying what EA could do to turn a delay into a win instead of a loss, not what I imagined happening. A delay that leads to added gameplay (whether it's adding features to the game or including more potential players at the outset) would definitely be good PR.
    Memina11 wrote:
    me i do not belive in rumors so far if you look on sites like sims vip they have listed the sims4 for september 15 with a countdown

"THINGS CHANGE" :hunf:
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    Btw the title of this thread was and is still misleading. Though the OP has left the forum.

Not big deal i know.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope they dont delay it.

But if they do then Ill continue to add onto my sims 3 in the meantime.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    edited July 2014

or

I was actually saying what EA could do to turn a delay into a win instead of a loss, not what I imagined happening. A delay that leads to added gameplay (whether it's adding features to the game or including more potential players at the outset) would definitely be good PR.

I agree, but have you seen their PR lately? Disaster.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

or

Confusion on release dates are also a PR disaster. We've had Best Buy US change dates to December 2014, and now it sounds like someone got a new release date from Walmart (though the website still shows September 2). They need to really get their act together if they don't want any more confusion, and it's not good for retailers to get jacked around especially when they're trying to plan promotional events (such as midnight openings for people to pick up the game).

The news about "fall 2014" window seems to imply at least a short delay -- technically September 2 is late summer, not fall. Semantics, yes...but important distinction.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

or

Confusion on release dates are also a PR disaster. We've had Best Buy US change dates to December 2014, and now it sounds like someone got a new release date from Walmart (though the website still shows September 2). They need to really get their act together if they don't want any more confusion, and it's not good for retailers to get jacked around especially when they're trying to plan promotional events (such as midnight openings for people to pick up the game).

The news about "fall 2014" window seems to imply at least a short delay -- technically September 2 is late summer, not fall. Semantics, yes...but important distinction.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2014

or

they have a PR department?
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, the guru's on twitter :)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    me i do not belive in rumors so far if you look on sites like sims vip they have listed the sims4 for september 15 with a countdown

Oh snap! A countdown, it must be true. You're probably one of the most gullible people i have come across. Things change sweetheart.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope it doesn't get delayed, I have that week off work (booked for my Birthday months ago, BEFORE the announcement of the release date, I didn't book a week off to play TS4)!!!

Although, if it IS delayed they better put toddlers and pools back in. But it won't be.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Oh snap! A countdown, it must be true. You're probably one of the most gullible people i have come across. Things change sweetheart.
    He's close. Have you met catloverplayer?
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love when people say "things change" it makes me giggle.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Yeah, the guru's on twitter :)

Oh ok Putrid Relations for some reason i thought they ment Public Relations .
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just looked at simsvip.com and they have a count down, very big in green that's Sept 2, 2014, go look. it is counting days, hours, min & Sec.

32days 08hours 32min and counting in seconds.
    for Sept 2, 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There were countdowns for computer to blow up over the Y2K scare and December 21 2012 too but nothing ever came of it . Countdowns mean nothing
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdhDYgVe1UVBXLJsgBPx22ZZMh9y6_08gJknJ59fHM81LuynFV

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE5ZVxcN_sB-4ZH0ln_zRn2a56qxFqxVDfthjZWGigcEJZ6M1nAg