Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats in my Picnic Basket (a building competition) NOW OPEN

Comments

• Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ohh! Another idea! Can we do utensils and stuff? :D

yes :lol:
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited May 2014
    When you says a cover up of a rabbit hole can we: just get a rabbit hole and put walls around it without destroying the original plan?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ritaroxy12 wrote:
    When you says a cover up of a rabbit hole can we: just get a rabbit hole and put walls around it without destroying the original plan?

Yes, as long as what you build over or around the rabbit hole fits the Theme of what your find in a picnic basket.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited May 2014
    calmorezoo wrote:
    ladydarkmoon24

I do like your lot its a very good cover up of the rabbitholes and i love how colourful it is. It has plenty of space for sims to meet up and hang out.

But Im wondering about it.
    How does it fit in with the theme Whats inside my picnic basket ?

I will explain it more clearly.
    All lots must be built in the shape of things you might Find in a Picnic Basket . No matter what entry type, cover ups of rabbit holes, residental or community lots.

Okay then I will redo it and in the shape of something that deals with a picnic basket. Thank you for clearing it up. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    calmorezoo wrote:
    ladydarkmoon24

I do like your lot its a very good cover up of the rabbitholes and i love how colourful it is. It has plenty of space for sims to meet up and hang out.

But Im wondering about it.
    How does it fit in with the theme Whats inside my picnic basket ?

I will explain it more clearly.
    All lots must be built in the shape of things you might Find in a Picnic Basket . No matter what entry type, cover ups of rabbit holes, residental or community lots.

Okay then I will redo it and in the shape of something that deals with a picnic basket. Thank you for clearing it up. :)

Hay i was just looking again at your entry and I think it looks like either
    a marsh mellow waffer sandwich
    or
    a neopolaten ice cream waffer.
    SO you could just give it a new name which would be in the Theme.

I wll leave that upto you!
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited May 2014
    just doing my daily checks. NO new entries :(
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Hello all Im building a little pressent for you all so watch this space :lol:

Well heres my prezzies for you all

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8243477

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8243481

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Calorezoo. I haven't forgotten about this and I'm still planning to enter. I've just been away from home and not really on the sims because of a family vacation. I'm back and finishing the build projects I'd started before I left so hopefully I'll have an entry for you soon :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aerlinniel wrote:
    Hi Calorezoo. I haven't forgotten about this and I'm still planning to enter. I've just been away from home and not really on the sims because of a family vacation. I'm back and finishing the build projects I'd started before I left so hopefully I'll have an entry for you soon :)

Hello Aerinniel, nice to here from you. hope you had a wonderful holiday.
    Im looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited May 2014
    just doing my day checks.Me sad no new intrest.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    Username; Daelia
    lot Group; Group H
    Type of Lot; Community lot- Bakery/Diner Hangout
    Name of Lot; The Wicker Basket
    Description of lot;
    The one stop shop for Eats & Treats! Wanna Hangout for a picnic at The Wicker Basket? This Diner has an in-house Bakery & Barista and a Refreshments & Treats bar upstairs; or shop our produce stand and cook it up yourself in our grills or fire pit outdoors. Restrooms (unbreakable), mini park, and indoor activities provided. 3 coded fog emitters for harmless 'picnic ants' (No CC)
    Download link; The Wicker Basket
    Pictures;

TWBFront_zps00e87bb9.jpg

TWBBakeryDiner_zps83ce7228.jpg

TWBKchCounter_zpsa4f99a5f.jpg

TWBDetails_zpsf95da547.jpg

TWBTreatsActivities_zpsb0387db4.jpg

The short story;
    The Wicker Basket has everything your sims need for a great picnic experience all in one spot. Fun for everysim, come play in the mini park or enjoy the juice pong & games upstairs. Hungry sims can have the chef whip up something delcious, buy baked goods, get a snack or beverage from the barista or bartender, shop the produce stand and grill it up, deep fry or just grab an ice cream cone. Picnic at our place! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    edited May 2014
    The Wicker Basket looks great Daelia! :) Great exterior design of it as a basket on a checked red and white tablecloth! It looks great! The way you have done the basket handle looks great! Great outdoors areas! It looks great how you have placed the ice cream cones on the corners of the front courtyard and have the freezer bunny fountain in the middle! Sims will have fun playing gnubb, chess and horseshoes outdoors. Nice outdoor cooking and dining area for sims to enjoy cooking on the grill and eating outside in the sunshine at the picnic table. Sims will like coming and buying produce from the market stands. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers and plants on the outdoors areas. It is great that you have placed ants through the fog emitter , to add to the fun theme of it being a picnic build! It looks great how you have done the cupcake and ice cream themed upper balcony! The cupcake fencing and the other sweet decor items there look great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the building! Sims will enjoy buying food and a drink from the barista bar or buying baked food from the bakery display shelves or racks and eating them at the tables. Nice type of trunk themed dining seats that you have used which suit eating a picnic. The big watermelon slice, banana and cherries near the side walls look great ! It looks great how you have done the window displays with items for sims to see when looking in through the windows. Nice colourful ceiling lights that you have used there. The syrup topped pancakes on the floor looks great! Great kitchen area. Sims will enjoy eating meals that have been prepared in the woodstove and bistro ovens there. Nice floor tiling pattern and colour of the kitchen floor. The breadsticks on the counters there are great touches. Great bar counter area. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst sitting on the bar stools. The ice cream themed ceiling lights in the bar area looks great! Sims will like sitting and relaxing in the sundae and cupcake themed sofa and armchairs, and having a chat! It looks great how you have used the sweet treats and Katy perry items through the interior and exterior of your build! Great upper level games and music area! Sims will have fun playing the arcade games and table tennis there, or enjoy playing the guitar.
    It is a great build! Great design of it and furnishing of it! Sims will like having a picnic there ! :)
  • Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you so much Rose! <3

103044.gif

Calmorezoo, I just went back and saw earlier posts I missed... and first off- I love your Picnic Basket house and Coffee Pot Cafe! I left rec's after nabbing them.

Second- I'm suddenly wondering: Did I do it wrong? Was I supposed to build anything BUT the basket itself :oops: ? I might've had the wrong idea when I started. Let me know if it is an acceptable entry (and what category to sort it under :oops: ) I can probably build something else for ya if I've done it wrong in the time left if you'd prefer..?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Daelia

your lot is a perfect entry .
    I only created the two lots in order to give you all Idea's and as a little gift for your games.
    Anyway my basket is residental.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Doing my daily checks. All still upto date.
    Happy Creating Everyone.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited June 2014
    Daelia, I love your basket!
    LadyDarkMoon, I thought maybe yours was a slice of Neopolitan Ice Cream!
    MuddyPaws, I LOVE the cheese!

I love your picnic basket and cup and pitcher too, Calmorezoo.

I have been meaning to play more with community lots and little lots, so I'll see what I might make for you.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Ciane
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2014
    I do have an idea and would like to enter
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nyxi wrote:
    I do have an idea and would like to enter

thank for wanting to take part. Ive now added you to the list
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Quick question, what do I do if my build is part of two categories?

Technically my build is both a Community lot and a Rabbit Hole... which form should I use?

Edits: Rereading the rules I'm wondering if I've misunderstood and made a mistake.... I did not take the entire rabbit hole lot. Instead I placed the Sunlit Tides Day Spa on a lot and built around it.... its a functional Day Spa...as well as community lot. Is this alright? Or did I need to actually use the EA lot that the Day Spa comes on?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I've finished the lot so I'm going to take a guess and fill out as many forms as it might fit. I'll edit this to be whichever form you say is correct later.

Community lots

Username: Aerlinniel
    lot Group: Technically C and F so this might fall under K?
    Type of Lot: Community/Rabbit hole...
    Name of Lot: The Slice
    Description of lot: The first two floors contain the rabbit hole spa and an indoor garden. The third floor has the bathrooms, children's zone and bar. Fourth floor is an athletic area and fifth floor is a pool. The roof is also an observatory.

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8269058
    Pictures:
    Screenshot-48_zps2d38cf85.jpg
    Screenshot-47_zps931da253.jpg
    Screenshot-40_zps163d65ce.jpg
    Screenshot-41_zpsc967f5fa.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zps91a1743f.jpg

The short story:
    Built by William Slice this lovely Spa exemplifies his life long idea of having his cake and eating it to. Although it once had a more formal name it has become known to the locals as "The Slice" after its rather eccentric creator. This lot has a topical spa complete with indoor garden! If that weren't enough, it also contains a bar (with performance space for bands), pool, and athletic facilities. Feel free to bring your children as there is a children's area.

Rabbit Holes

Username: Aerlinniel
    Type of Lot: Spa
    World rabbit whole is from: Sunlit Tides
    Name of Lot: The Slice
    Description of lot: The first two floors contain the rabbit hole spa and an indoor garden. The third floor has the bathrooms, children's zone and bar. Fourth floor is an athletic area and fifth floor is a pool. The roof is also an observatory.
    Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8269058
    Pictures: They're in the community lot entry above, I don't want to post them twice though.
    The short story:
    Built by William Slice this lovely Spa exemplifies his life long idea of having his cake and eating it to. Although it once had a more formal name it has become known to the locals as "The Slice" after its rather eccentric creator. This lot has a topical spa complete with indoor garden! If that weren't enough, it also contains a bar (with performance space for bands), pool, and athletic facilities. Feel free to bring your children as there is a children's area.

Just let me know which type of entry you want this lot to count as and I'll edit out the other form.
  • Options
    firecrackergrrlfirecrackergrrl Posts: 761 Member
    edited June 2014
    Daelia! I love your entry... (:
    14991409874_0059fcb38f_o.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Slice is a great build! Aerlinniel:) Great chocolate cake exterior of it! It looks great how you have used the bubbles windows through the build and have coloured them different colours to add a decorated cake look to the build. Great layout of the build. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tubs outside the spa rabbit hole. It looks very nice how you have done the trees and pathways on that level. Very nice furnishing of the third level of the build! Great children's area! The colour and puzzle patterning on the floor looks great, and great colours that you have used for the table and chairs. Child sims will have fun playing with the toys, using the activity table and riding the rocking horses there. Very nice bar and entertainment area. Sims will enjoy having a drink or something to eat from the bar, and enjoy listening to the musical instruments being played whilst eating or drinking. It looks great how you have coloured the bar stools and dining seats a variety of colours. Sims will have fun playing foosball or dancing to the music. Bands will like coming there to play music together Sims will have fun keeping fit on the gym equipment in the athletics area. It is great that you have placed a bubble machine for them to have fun blowing bubbles. Great roof top level! Sims will have great views from up there, as well as enjoy using the telescopes to do star gazing.
    It is a great cake designed place for sims to enioy visiting! :)