May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the_sims_3.jpg

Ts3 is a good thing...a very good thing :D
    keeps us off the streets and outta trouble :lol:
  • Options
    devonni92devonni92 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Did you know that when your Sims dance, they will switch the station to their favorite music?

An original post!
    Gold star for you!
  • Options
    passion4purple78passion4purple78 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2009
    :lol: Did you know that if you take a tour of the theatre or the science facility that(if therer are others in there) you are given options to make out with or have woohoo with them. Even if you don't know them or anything. LOL
  • Options
    passion4purple78passion4purple78 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2009
    The death flower is to give to the grim reaper to bring you back to life. If you have one in your inventory the dead sim will give it to him and he brings you back to life and say's he needs to go put it in water. LOL
  • Options
    twilightsim9twilightsim9 Posts: 4,899 New Member
    edited September 2009
    if anyone wants to be on the sims 3 reality show season 4, go now! only 3 more spots! http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/345/99242.page
  • Options
    WfrobertsWfroberts Posts: 718 Member
    edited September 2009
    :shock: Check your Sim in CAS THEY BREATH I was changing my teens hair and she was looking right at me and her chest was heaving, at first I thought it was a glitch...I put the game away for the night and I have all the lights on...my hubby is not happy with me...tomorrow in the daylight I will bring them back out and see if I :mrgreen: :shock:am crazy....
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2009
    If you don't want to wade through this whole post, just go to my blog and read the Tips and Tricks I've written there. http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Schweighsr Just click on the Blog tab.

Food Requirements and Costs

Food --- Ingredients --- Cost to Buy

Ambrosia* --- Life Fruit & Deathfish --- not applicable
    Autumn Salad --- Lettuce --- $5

Baked Angel Food Cake* ---Flame Fruit & 2 Eggs - not applicable

Cheese-steak* --- Cheese & Steak --- $38
    Cobbler* --- Egg & any Fruit --- $17
    Cookies* --- Egg --- $11

Dim Sum --- any 3 Fish --- $15

Eggs Machiavellian --- Egg & Watermelon --- $25

Fish & Chips* --- any Fish --- $5
    French Toast --- Eggs & 2 Apples --- $23
    Fruit Parfait* --- Grapes & Apples --- $12

Goopy Carbonara --- Cheese --- $11
    Grilled Cheese --- Cheese --- $8
    Grilled Salmon --- Salmon, Garlic, Potato --- $48

Hamburger --- Patty & Onion --- $35
    Hot Dog --- Links --- $8

Key Lime Pie --- Egg & Lime --- $25

Lobster Thermador --- Lobster --- $66

Mac & Cheese --- Cheese --- $8

Pancakes --- any Fruit --- $6
    Peanut Butter & Jelly --- any Fruit --- $6

Ratatouille* --- Tomato --- $5

Spaghetti --- Tomato --- $5
    Stu Surprise --- Any 2 ingredients -- $10
    Sushi --- any Fish --- $5
    Stuffed Turkey* --- Roast & any 2 vegetables --- $40

Tri-Tip Steak* --- Steak, any Vegetable & Potato --- $46

Waffles --- Egg --- $11

Starred(*) Food dishes require a recipe book from the bookstore.
  • Options
    TazzibbeTazzibbe Posts: 68 New Member
    edited September 2009
    star621 wrote:
    did you know, that after so many mechanical skill points are reached, your sim can upgrade household items such as the shower or oven to auto-clean; and fireproof (oven only) :mrgreen:

Annd the fireplace :wink:
  • Options
    mickykoo11mickykoo11 Posts: 587 Member
    edited September 2009
    i don't know if this was said already, but did you know that in addition to teddy bears, you can put toys from the toybox in the crib
  • Options
    Barbiedunc1Barbiedunc1 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I don't think I saw this anywhere.

With a high enough handiness skill, a sim can upgrade their sprinkler to auto-water their garden.

And once you start two sims doing friendly or romantice interactions, they'll continue doing them without any help from you. Just give them a few real-time seconds after you've told them to chat or kiss a couple of times and watch.
  • Options
    kitamerzkitamerz Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Alura1 wrote:
    did you know that beds are assigned automatically to the owner!

I don't know after how long, tho.

its whoever sleeps in it first, it becomes their bed.

I have had them switch all the time with large house holds at their choice. So not sure how many times they need to sleep in same bed for the bed to be assigned. Also annoying when your sims age up and married and wont stop sleeping in their old twin kid bed.
  • Options
    StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited September 2009
    mickykoo11 wrote:
    i don't know if this was said already, but did you know that in addition to teddy bears, you can put toys from the toybox in the crib

Oh! I did not know this! I always thought it was just the teddy that was able to :D!
  • Options
    ShugaBabeShugaBabe Posts: 317 Member
    edited September 2009
    Ok So I just found out that a baby can read before he can walk! Hehehehe so cute. i accidently put a book on the floor for the mom to read to baby and the baby went over to it and started reading. he even got credit for it. I always thought an adult had to read to a baby!
    Cool, now i put baby books all over the floor of my baby sims room and tell him to go read. GENIUS.
  • Options
    PamBizjakPamBizjak Posts: 154 New Member
    edited September 2009
    ShugaBabe wrote:
    Ok So I just found out that a baby can read before he can walk! Hehehehe so cute. i accidently put a book on the floor for the mom to read to baby and the baby went over to it and started reading. he even got credit for it. I always thought an adult had to read to a baby!
    Cool, now i put baby books all over the floor of my baby sims room and tell him to go read. GENIUS.

you have to read the first book with the child, after that they can read their own books :D
  • Options
    VictoriaMackVictoriaMack Posts: 284 New Member
    edited September 2009
    PamBizjak wrote:
    ShugaBabe wrote:

you have to read the first book with the child, after that they can read their own books :D
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH i was wondering how to do this LOL because i grabbed a book and set in in front of the toddler and nothing happened.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited October 2017
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Simpkin on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2009
    PamBizjak wrote:

Actually not - at least not in my game. I thought so too, but tried it without someone reading to them first and it worked. Toddlers can read before they can talk/ walk/ use the potty.

If you don't want to wade through all 171 pages, you can find all the tips and tricks listed in my blog: http://www.thesims3.com/myBlog.html?persona=Schweighsr
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited September 2009
    ShugaBabe wrote:

I'm totally gonna make another baby just so I can do this. :shock:
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    ShugaBabeShugaBabe Posts: 317 Member
    edited September 2009
    See cool, I wasn't the only one who didn't know that. I didn't know that once a parent reads to them then they are on their own. cool!
  • Options
    PamBizjakPamBizjak Posts: 154 New Member
    edited September 2009
    don't think this has been posted but the child of a five star chef can cook a perfect muffin in the toy oven without ever having learned the cooking skill yet :D
  • Options
    vidaGirlvidaGirl Posts: 82 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Did you know...

-Many people say your sim's first home is a starter this means when you just made your sim in create-a-sim you have a low budget of $16,000.
    -To get Simpoints you must use a credit card.
    -There is no Body shop for the sims 3 :(
    -If your sim is cooped up in there house for to long they get a feeling that says they shuold go out btw if you already got that once or twice then shame on you this isnt the sims 1 or 2 that has a loading that takes like 10 minutes to load.
    -To make custom patturns you must use a program that has brushes like photo shop etc here is a link a very very very useful website:
    http://www.modthesims3.org/

ok thats all i got for ya'
    hope you learnt something :D
  • Options
    Author_is_meAuthor_is_me Posts: 141 New Member
    edited September 2009
    yay i got a gold star for originality!!! thank you family line of being observant!!!
  • Options
    Meriale46Meriale46 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Don't forget that the EA tech cheats also work.Adding many new features to your game such as maxing their needs.

testingCheatsenabled true - turns it on and false turns it off.

A lifetime happiness cheat-to make the( Shazaam )cheat work-First, you MUST be on the select a family screen (aka Main Menu) and type in the cheat box "testingcheatsenabled true". Then go to your family. Go to the Lifetime Happiness tab with the chest. Click in between the numbers and the chest. The part you have to click on is not tiny - just click in the area, closer to the chest. Each time you click you get 500 points.
    I'm not 100% sure if you use Ctrl, Shift , or neither, so start by clicking normally. If that doesn't work try Ctrl+ click. Last, try Shift+ click.
    It works. No mod needed

for happiness/mood/nneds-"testingcheatsenabled true" type that into console, ctrl shift c then shift click on mailbox. A list should pop up. try clicking on active sim with shift click too.You also open the needs menu and drag your mouse over the need towards the max and it will move the green line to full.

moveobjects on/off also works can place objects off lot

familyFunds xxxxx amount still apllies also but only on lot.such as
    ie.{familyFunds Smith 255000 [enter]

The Sims 3 Cheat Codes
    Control+Shift+C Codes
    While in game, press Control+Shift+C on your keyboard to bring up the code console.

Cheat Effect
    fps on/off Shows your Frame per Second in the upper right area while on.
    testingcheatsenabled true Turns on Testing Cheats, just shift+click a Sim, or anything else, like your Mailbox.
    quit Like it says, quits the game.
    help Lists all available commands at the moment.
    jokePlease Gives you a joke in the code console prompt.
    moveobjects on/off With this On, it will allow you to move anything, including Sims, in your Buy/Build mode.
    kaching While on the lot, entering this will give you $1,000.
    motherlode While on the lot, entering this will give you $50,000.
    unlockOutfits on/off Unlocks outfits in CAS (Create a Sim) mode. This must be enabled before going into CAS.
    fullscreen on/off Adjusts your game screen to full or windowed mode.
    slowMotionViz <level> Puts the game in slow motion. Optional parameter, value 0 = normal speed and 8 = slowest.
    fadeObjects [on/off] Toggles whether objects fade when the camera gets close to them.
    hideHeadlineEffects [on/off] Hides all meters and effects in the game, such as the plumbbob and skill meter.
    disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt [on/off] When on, objects will not snap to slots while holding alt.
    constrainFloorElevation [true/false] Allows all terrain adjustments regardless of objects, Sims, and other structures on them. Walls, fl oors, and objects will move with the terrain.
    enableLlamas [on/off] Gives a message that says, "Llamas enabled."
    resetSim <firstname> <lastname> Resets the named Sim with neutral motives, no moodlets, and teleports Sim back home.
    babyboom Adds a baby and a toddler to every household.
    DisplayLotPackageFileName [on/off] Switches lot tooltips on or off
    ResetLifetimeHappiness Resets the lifetime happiness of all the sims in an active household.

Also check with gamespot.com and cheatmasters.com for more
  • Options
    SaberGalSaberGal Posts: 195 New Member
    edited September 2009
    PamBizjak wrote:
    don't think this has been posted but the child of a five star chef can cook a perfect muffin in the toy oven without ever having learned the cooking skill yet :D

OK - this is too sweet....:) Thx...I'm prolly the last person to realize this...but nevertheless...too friggin cute! thx
  • Options
    SaberGalSaberGal Posts: 195 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Simpkin wrote:
    mickykoo11 wrote:

Oh! I did not know this! I always thought it was just the teddy that was able to :D!

Are the toys in bed just for decoration or can they be used for playing?
    I've never seen my toddlers playing with the teddy in bed, but I've seen people go on about it being in the bed, so I'm wondering if it can be used.

They can't play with it in the bed...as far as I know it's just for decoration. However, if you put a teddy bear in the baby's "backpack" (infant, toddler, and child" they get a snuggle moodlet - cutest thing ever!

ETA: - FYI - the snuggle moodlet begins to show when they fall asleep and lasts for like 5 hours after they wake up.