Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Did you know?...

1. the motherlode cheat works
2. Sims can now climb out of pools without ladders.

What have you found out? :P

Comments

• SimSevenSimSeven Posts: 738 New Member
    edited June 2009
    3. Waffles are baked in ovens and come out looking perfectly square.

:lol:
  • Xina42Xina42 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yup, Motherlode and Kaching both still work.
    You no longer have to shop for clothes as your sim can go into CAS from their dresser/wardrobe.
    Babies no longer need to be bathed. (kinda annoyed me the first time).
    Kids keep their homework in their inventory.
    If your sim is a daredevil everything he does, even sleep, is EXTREME.
  • way2tall4u07way2tall4u07 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited June 2009
    what is kaching again?
  • jmarie76jmarie76 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the "clean house" option... one of my sims had her baby in the hospital... what a concept!! And even paid for medical advice
  • Steve42PlaySteve42Play Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you know your sims can't burn to death!!!ahhh i tryed twice they just stand in the fire and scream its ******* me off i want a red ghost grrrrr.
  • JessieSimJessieSim Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like your game is buggy.. I killed my first sim in a fire yesterday. :twisted:
  • Steve42PlaySteve42Play Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol upload a red ghost of my sim i want him to BURN!!!!!

EDIT: in retro spect the sims represents me so saying i want himn to burn is kinda like saying i want my self to burn but if i turned into a red ghost then hell yes i would want to burn!!! but thats just me lol
  • musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited June 2009
    a sim with bravery as a trait will not burn in fire...they extinquish it. Learnt that today.

if you have a maid, it will be a different one everyday.
    My sim has fun sleeping :P
  • WarukujinWarukujin Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    When a sim is Evil, they sleep, eat, walk, etc diabolically/evilly, etc.

Mwuahhahhaha! :twisted:
  • Nykee24Nykee24 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    1. You can change the color of the fire in the fireplace!(Just click the fireplace, then Change color..)

2. You can change the color of lightbulbs!(Just click the lamp, then Change color..)My sims have all purple lights :)
  • JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    jmarie76 wrote:
    I love the "clean house" option... one of my sims had her baby in the hospital... what a concept!! And even paid for medical advice

Is this just for neat sims? (the clean house option) Where is it?
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited June 2009
    "Heavy Sleeper" Sims Snore

If a Teen has an after school job, they will go straight from school to work (if the job starts at 3:00 p.m.) and not come home first

• c0op3rc0op3r Posts: 58 New Member
    edited June 2009
    they have a "clean the house" option? Is that for only neat sims?

umm i havent found anything yet, i do like when you go to work you have options of how they do it.
  • GoldenEraGeekGoldenEraGeek Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i didn't know that kids got opportunities as well until one popped up for me...i love that
  • Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    edited June 2009
    Everyone probably noticed this already, but I LOVE how pregnant sim's tummies actually grow throughout the 3 days, instead of "popping" into the bigger size. I think it's neat. :lol:

Happy simming!
  • GalileeGalilee Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2009
    I like how you can drag things and just drop it over places it can go.. i.e. Newspapers can be drug over the trashcan to throw it away, food can be drug over the fridge, books over the book case. ANd you can even drop items over a sim portrait to drop it in the inventory really quick..
  • MillertimeMillertime Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nykee24 wrote:
    1. You can change the color of the fire in the fireplace!(Just click the fireplace, then Change color..)

2. You can change the color of lightbulbs!(Just click the lamp, then Change color..)My sims have all purple lights :)

You can change the color of streetlights too!
  • MillertimeMillertime Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    - You can drag a collected beetle or butterfly to your home and it will put them in a display terrarium for free.

- After sending a collected stone off to be cut, you can display it by dragging it into your home. You can them change the display type from pillow or stand.
  • GoldenEraGeekGoldenEraGeek Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Millertime wrote:
    Nykee24 wrote:

You can change the color of streetlights too!

really? i'll have to try that later :D
  • ladysaiyajinladysaiyajin Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I didn't even notice pregnancy belly growth other than the initial pop cause my sim was fat >.> she went into labor when she got out of the shower and I was spazzing cause at first I couldn't figure out how to get her to the hospital.

I love this thread... keep them coming!

I don't know if this is cause my sim is a computer wiz or just cause she's learning to fix things but you can upgrade things (toilet, sink, etc) to be auto cleaning!
  • GalileeGalilee Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2009

I don't know if this is cause my sim is a computer wiz or just cause she's learning to fix things but you can upgrade things (toilet, sink, etc) to be auto cleaning!

It's from fixing things. If you look on their skill journals, you will see each skill has certain rewards they can earn for getting better at stuff.
  • SpooktySpookty Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009

That comes from the Tinker/Handy skill. I wish I could mod my game to have my Sim say the 'I'm an Engineer!' quote from Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory every time she upgrades something.
  • ZoeslovelyZoeslovely Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Galilee wrote:
    I like how you can drag things and just drop it over places it can go.. i.e. Newspapers can be drug over the trashcan to throw it away, food can be drug over the fridge, books over the book case. ANd you can even drop items over a sim portrait to drop it in the inventory really quick..

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I finally gave up trying to figure out how to get a guitar into my sims inventory, so she could bring it to the park!! ARGGGGGH!!!!
  • SpooktySpookty Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Zoeslovely wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!!!!! I finally gave up trying to figure out how to get a guitar into my sims inventory, so she could bring it to the park!! ARGGGGGH!!!!

/point

/laugh
  • Kennybenny19Kennybenny19 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SimSeven wrote:
    3. Waffles are baked in ovens and come out looking perfectly square.

:lol:
    How does that work?