Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited October 2012
    Meteors are not that great, I had a meteor fall and it destroyed the garden, and half the interior in the house was reduced to scrap....

A mteor fell on my sim once when she was gardening. That was when I found out about death flowers. The grim reaper took hers instead of taking her
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Grichey68 wrote:
    DYK and my apologies if you did - that when you send tiberium to get cut for $6500 and let it sit out for a few days the value increases tremendously? Usually between 35000 and 40000?? :shock: Break those Space Rocks people!!

Did you know you don't have to pay have tiberium cut. All you have to do is have in your sims inventory and travel. Go from home to China or France etc. Or if you found it while on vacation just take it home with you. When you get to your destination take it out of inventory so your sim isnt made sick and then just wait. After a short while it starts spitting and then becomes spire cut automatically. You can then sell it for 40000 or so. Each one has a slightly different value.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i found out that (sadly) vampires don't die after several hours in the sunlight. -_-

I had one die after spending a few day time hours running around collecting things.
  • Options
    NedmeidNedmeid Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hello i just now register and i was suppose to get a free town.
    Where can i find it?
    because i could click on free simleons and free town, i clicked on the free simleons and i did not get my free town..
  • Options
    Taybay24Taybay24 Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    Do you have to be a neat sim to have the clean house option still? Because I got really excited when I read up there that someone said you don't lol ...
  • Options
    Nikkiminaj06Nikkiminaj06 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2012
    liiiiz wrote:
    did you know....

well let me explain.

about 3 hours ago, i bought a house for my sims. a little box popped up and said something like "Oh no! Your house has been flooded! do you take the challenge and try to fix it? or do you decline and pick another house?"

well i picked accept the challenge. there was puddles everywhere, and every sink and tub and toilet and everything was broken. so i was like CRAP! when this guy shows up and asks me if he can repair the things for me free!

not only did i get free service, but i got a new hubby for my sim too!

This happened to me but the house was infested with bugs. I had to run around swatting moths and collecting glow worms and then someone showed up from the science facility and bought everything from me. =)
  • Options
    ILOVEMARKGILOVEMARKG Posts: 130
    edited November 2012
    Actually the superior equipment Moodlet comes from using the fridge that is given to you after completing the cooking career!
  • Options
    ILOVEMARKGILOVEMARKG Posts: 130
    edited November 2012
    Xanita39 wrote:
    Did You Know your sim can start earning Lifetime Happyness points the moment he/she is born?

When the Mood Meter (vertical green bar to the left of the moodlets) hits the narrow point it starts to pulsate a little bit.
    This indicates Happyness points are being earned.

Thus far I have found 6 different kinds of positive moodlets a baby can have

1) Well rested : from sleeping all the way to a full bar (+10)
    2) Cuddle Time : from having a teddy bear in inventory while asleep (+20)
    3) Squeaky Clean : from having a diaper change (+10)
    4) Enjoying Music : play a radio near the crib when the baby is awake (+10)

the next 2 require mommies and daddies to have some skills

5) Cosy Fire : from having a flame fruit in inventory (+5)
    6) Superior Equipment : from being near the fridge you get when you reach the top of the cooking carreer.

I haven't had a fireplace near the crib so maybe that will work.
    If anyone knows of any others I would love to know.

Edit: Toddlers get even more options
    My youngest child had over 9000 happyness points when she turned into a child.
    So I only needed to make a few of her wishes come true before I could turn her bladder to steel.

actually the superior equipment moodlet comes from the refrigerator that is given to you upon completing the cooking career
  • Options
    shantel2012shantel2012 Posts: 313
    edited December 2012
    lol, i dont know if anyone posted this DYK, but i noticed through sims world adventures, you dont actually need meditate to teleport somewhere. ahah, take me a while to figure it out. With the adventures you do the meditation drains you fast! .. i hope this helps lol if not, i tried!
    xD
  • Options
    hellogale123hellogale123 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2012
    i havnt found anything yet either
  • Options
    TacotacotacotaooTacotacotacotaoo Posts: 13
    edited December 2012
    Derp.
  • Options
    Charlito29Charlito29 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Galilee wrote:

I don't know if this is cause my sim is a computer wiz or just cause she's learning to fix things but you can upgrade things (toilet, sink, etc) to be auto cleaning!

It's from fixing things. If you look on their skill journals, you will see each skill has certain rewards they can earn for getting better at stuff.

Thx for the cool post. Didn't know that :-)
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    edited February 2013
    If you have the unlucky trait the Grim Reaper will sometimes let him live after a freak accdent

OH HEY! one time i was at a party and william fangman died (in late night) and then the grim reaper said:
    "William, your constant misfortune ammuses me and those around you. It'd be a shame to take the priceless entertainment away. I'll take you another day."
    or something around those lines, thts the first time i heard it! tht explains a lot!

I was trying to make friends with the grim reaper and kept killing off my unlucky sim so he would stick around and play games etc. I wanted grim to join my household, but dont think you can do that anymore.
  • Options
    GameGirl115GameGirl115 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    CynTheSim wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is a way to modify relationships? Like I want to be created as a young adult living on my own, but still have two brothers living with my parents. And have them recognized as parents and brothers.

First make the young adult, two brothers and parents together, then move the young adult out. It's the only way I figured out to do it. :)
  • Options
    LeeLee960LeeLee960 Posts: 10
    edited August 2013
    did you know that if you have sims 3 seasons your sim can be allergic to pollen and you might need to get an allergy shot at the hospital
  • Options
    SimsFan33XDSimsFan33XD Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2013
    LeeLee960 wrote:
    did you know that if you have sims 3 seasons your sim can be allergic to pollen and you might need to get an allergy shot at the hospital

Or you can wait 2 days with a negative moodlet..