Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete Legacy/Challenge List!

Comments

• Options
    CPONACPONA Posts: 37
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    cguard11cguard11 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    You should add the Seven Deadly Sins Challenge! I just finished it last week and it was really fun :)http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=442071
  • Options
    ComrokComrok Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    I kinda came up with a Challenge. Haven't heard of anything like it, so maybe you could put it in your list? Dunka!

The Post-Apocalyptic Challenge
    Story behind challenge: A new drug was released, telling people if they took it, they would be able to do anything. But soon the drug mutated, and anyone who had it in their systems turned into an animal- a killing machine. The disease was suddenly contagious- anyone who touched someone with it got it (if they didn’t administer the antidote, which has to be administered within the first 30 minutes). The people with the disease can die, but take a long time to e.g. if they got shot once, they would take up to 45 minutes to die. If the antidote is administered to the infected they die instantly (most survivors wouldn’t do so, because the antidote is very hard to get your hands on). Cities are now run down and over grown, and the survivors fight amongst themselves for food and safety. This is where your part comes in. (note: if you want to change any of the details above, feel free. As long as there is some type of disease, the story line can be pretty well twisted).
    Requirements:
    1. Download or create a world completely over grown. Only put a few residents in (the other survivors). NO CAREER BUILDINGS SHOULD BE PLACED AT THIS POINT.
    2. Any non-rabbit hole buildings you can put in. You could even opt to “camp” there e.g. the library is a safe spot in your story so you can edit the town to have beds in it. DON’T PUT ANY SHOPS IN. A random person will instantly go to the counter like in cafes.
    3. Create your army of monsters. Doesn’t matter what species, they must have the evil trait, the mean spirited trait and the hot headed trait. The other two you can differ, but it would be pretty ******* funny if you had a monster who liked plants. The monsters should consist of three “families”- 8 in each one. They should live in run down warehouse style houses.
    4. Only the following furniture is allowed- 1 bed, 1 counter, 1 fridge, 1 bed, 1 toilet, 1 bath and 1 TV. THEY MUST BE THE CHEAPEST YOU CAN GET.
    5. You must only start with one character. They can be any age, but YA would probably work much better. They must have ruined clothes and simple hair (you know, they can’t be all dressed up in a tulle dress with curled, styled hair. Not very realistic).
    6. You could have as many generations as you want, but the story has to end sometime. How the story ends is up to you, whether they defeat the disease or die trying. Let your creative juices flow!
  • Options
    DaynaGailDaynaGail Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm starting a Disney/Alphabet legacy! Check it out, I just posted the first chapter!

http://thedisneyfamilylegacy.wordpress.com/
    qa2jelcs80ft.jpg
  • Options
    GerlykeGerlyke Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I just made up a challenge. Started playing it a while ago and wanted to share it with others. Let me know what you think http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/683845.page#10899510
  • Options
    SimsFreak2182SimsFreak2182 Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks SO much for this list! Brings a lot of light to those who have created them! I am sharing this list on FB, and just to let you know, the Romeo and Juliet link doesn't work. I wanted to check it out though :/
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2013
    How many species can you fit on a boat? Check out my Noahs Ark challenge. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688795.page)
    If you don't have Island Paradise you can build an ark on land. See if you can repopulate the world.
  • Options
    dlaribee88dlaribee88 Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2013
    shideh357 wrote:
    If your looking for a thread just like this only with regular updates for all new challenges and legacies then click here!

Inspired by this thread, I hope that everyone here who is passionate about an accurate, up-to-date list of sims challenges and legacies will join me in keeping the list going for as long as we simmers live!

I just wanted to repost this comment and link so that people can get their new challenges and ideas on an updated list. I have been checking the new list created by shideh357 more often. Make sure to check her link out and post your creations for legacies and challenges on there!
  • Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have made a variation on the Adoptacy Challenge. I really liked the idea of it, but felt that it was too easy, and I wanted to add some structure, and challenge to it. Here is my version.

I use mods in my game, master controller and whohooer. If you have them it is ok, but you may not use any of the actions for them. Whohooer will give you moodlets every time you wohoo, there is no getting around that, but no cheating.. The only cheats you are allowed are the family funds cheat in the beginning, and reset sim if your sim gets stuck. :) I hope you have fun playing this Challenge. I am currently in the process of testing it out, so I will be posting agian to tell you all how I like it.

Adoptacy Challenge:

First make your Founder. It can be a male or female with whatever traits, favorites, and life time wish that you choose. But it must be a young adult.

After you have made your Founder, go to options and set your lifespan to long. Then move you Founder to an empty plot of land and use the Family funds cheat to give them $100,000 to build, or buy whatever house you can afford with that money. Remember that you will adopt a lot of kids, so choose carefully.

After you sim has his/her house do the family funds cheat again and set your family funds to $1,000. This is your start up money.

You now have 24 sim hours to go and collect stuff, buy stuff, and take whatever classes you want. When your 24 hours is up you must adopt 2 babies. They can be whatever sex you choose. You CAN'T change their traits, or looks in any way. (unless they are glitched, then you may cheat to fix them)

After your babies age up to children you must adopt another two babies. and so on, until you don't have enough room for more kids. If your first kids that you adopt become young adults and you still have room to keep adopting babies, you may quit adopting. One of your last babies that you adopt is going to be your heir. You may choose which one, but it must be one of your last children you adopted.

Once you become a parent you CAN'T leave the house, except to go grocery shopping, or book shopping, or to take your babies to the park. You may not have a job unless it is one that you can do from home. (Writer, painter, ect.)

You can't get married or have kids in the first generation. You must wait until the next generation to do those things. And every heir must be an adopted child. It can't be a biological child. You must get through 10 generations doing this.

Variation to make it harder... Instead of giving your sim $100,000 for their house, give them $25,000 for a house.

I have never been one for the points system, but you could always make some up if you wanted to. :)
  • Options
    supercrazywitchsupercrazywitch Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    Wow the legacies are quite good. Will bookmark this page if I need more :)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited July 2013
    Good list!

Anyways, I noticed that the Immortal Dynasty and the Townie Decadynasty were posted, so I guess it's good to propose that the third dynasty challenge from Carl's Guide should be added to the list. It's The Life States Dynasty, it's been around since September 2012, and it's thoroughly tested since at least half a dozen players have completed it.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    deezenodeezeno Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2013
    Here is a set of rules, Find It Here! . It's called the Jack/Jill Of Many Trades Challenge. It's not my challenge, just to make this clear but it is a GREAT challenge!

Okay, Trying this Challenge. Should I give updates? I'm not going to be posting pics though.
  • Options
    12me12lol12me12lol Posts: 12
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    lvly921lvly921 Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Just began my legacy challenge!! Follow me at shepassionista.com !!! :D
  • Options
    kamber5kamber5 Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if this makes it, but I just made it up.

The Ultimate Life Challenge http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/707733.page

Hope you enjoy
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've played through most of a test generation of a challenge where you start with an empty world and build up the town with just the money your active family can earn. It took a little while to get rolling, but now I think it's a lot of fun. Here it is.

The High Cost of Living: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/711245.page
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    peterpunch2000peterpunch2000 Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've got a legacy called The Sutton Family, it's amazing to make, and i hope you'll enjoy!

http://thesuttonlife.blogspot.co.uk/p/chapter.html
    16449922485_0e98556039_o.png
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    XeenaSeelnaXeenaSeelna Posts: 18
    edited October 2013
    Hi everyone! :)

I just came up with my very own story/legacy challenge. It's still in prototype mode, so changes can be made in the rules.

Feel free to drop by! :)

Soulmate Story/legacy challenge:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/717281.page
  • Options
    ImaginingMysticImaginingMystic Posts: 119 Member
    edited October 2013
    Pinstar and I have made a blog where all of the rules for the Sims 2 and Sims 3 challenges that he created are located. We wanted a place where we could have everything in one central location.

The URL is http://legacychallenge.blogspot.com
    Christina aka ImaginingMystic

Wife of @Pinstar1161 and Community Manager at The Sims Legacy Challenge (http://simslegacychallenge.com)

Also, check out my Youtube channel (http://youtube.com/imaginingmystic) for Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 Legacy Challenge and Sims 4 Block Party Let's Plays!
  • Options
    RhosynnRhosynn Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I created a challenge. Kinda new at this whole creating a challenge thing though. Here's what I got.
    Let me know if it's too similar to another challenge. Thank you c:
    (Quote me if you want a reply or want me to see it.)

[PS- If you're doing the challenge, tell me! And your opinion on it! ^-^]

The Murderous Romance Challenge: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Rhosynn/myblog
  • Options
    WhiteRaven19WhiteRaven19 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    So I read over the apocalypse challenge and liked the basic idea, but like a lot of people was kind of overwhelmed by all the rules. I'm not really a strict rules/points sort of person but if someone wants to elaborate on this, here's my idea and what I've been playing the last few weeks. Most of the 'rules' are just to make it harder and more realistic but still unique and interesting so you can use what you feel like.

First of all, you have to have Supernatural for this to work.

Set lunar cycle to full moon only. This means you have approximately 12 hours of safe time. Which, I might advise, you use for sleeping.

Start off by building a house- one story only, and on a medium 29x29 ish lot. Build some scattered walls and pillars, basically just for show and a foundation, but we'll get to that later. You can decorate the walls with peeling paper or industrial print if you wish, but the point is that there can be no closed off area to begin with. At all.

Buy the cheapest sink, that is it. You may use couches and such at public lots, but you may not move into another person's household- the basic idea being that in an apocalypse setting no one would want the burden of taking in an unskilled person, and the npc's houses with all the fancy gadgets and electricity technically aren't supposed to exist.

Once you have your skeleton of a house and a sink, set your family funds to $200. You may not use the showers in a community lot but you can use the couches. You may not use community gardens. You may never buy a refrigerator but you can use a grill. Start off with two fruit items i.e. apples. You cannot buy food from grocery stores, although you can purchase books. You may eventually buy a shower and tub and lights but no fridge dishwasher or tv etc. The idea is that when you start off (using a young adult male or female character) you have two foods to keep you going until you can forage from community lots (i.e. honey from the alchemy shop). You would then build up a garden- but be careful. Make sure you have enough food to get you to the next harvest, and enough money to fence in what you plant. Don't forget the gate!

You can use any town, you may not take a full time or part time job. You can buy from the consignment shop, other than zombies or some alchemy it is assumed supernatural things do not exist so the population is turned off. You can use the elixers that make you happy less sleepy etc but no ambrosia. Zombie potions and cures are perfectly acceptable and you may use them to your advantage.

The idea is to raise a family and successfully build walls up around the house and get enough money from inventions, gardening, writing, painting, etc. that you can protect your family from the hordes of zombies that attack every night.

*Tips are after the next paragraph*

Here is a typical day in Zombieland ;)
    My character, Lindsey, has finally managed to buy a bed, but can only afford the cheapest one. Meaning, she has to sleep for most of the day. Her toilet, shower, and sink are constantly breaking. The freezing water gives her a negative moodlet as well. She cannot forget the embarrassment of when she bought her first shower but could not afford to put walls around it- and the mail boy walked by! One of the few things that never fails to give her a positive moodlet is the sweet honey she harvests every day from the back of the alchemy shop. Those old arcade machines at the beach provide numerous toys, but her desire to start a normal family among the chaos means she can't bring herself to sell them. After sleeping all day, she awakens to the darkening of night. Rudely, I might add, by a zombie spawning next to her bed. Most times she can get away fairly easily, the problem is if she was just about to deal with a rock bottom moodlet and is now starving. By the time morning comes, she has had to travel to at least five community lots to avoid the zombies stalking her. When she finally meets James, she realizes all to late the responsibilities that come with having to take care of another human being. Thankfully, she has saved up money from gardening and writing to build a proper bedroom and buy a crib.

*tips*

-Sleep during the day. Night time will be too chaotic to do any one task for more than 40 minutes without the first zombie spawning, unless you have walls, so don't plan on getting any solid sleeping done
    -Fences. Fences around your plants are an absolute neccessity.
    -Buy a shower before you buy a bed. You can sleep at community lots, but may use no shower other than your own, so that hygiene moodlet is going to drop really fast, unless you have an inappropriate sim who can sponge bathe lol :P
    -Moonlight Falls has some nice scattered plants, but I'll leave the finding of them up to you

Anyways, good luck :)
    Mainly all you need is zombies and no walls and no money, the rest is up to you
  • Options
    QueryqueeenQueryqueeen Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Rhosynn wrote:
    I created a challenge. Kinda new at this whole creating a challenge thing though. Here's what I got.
    Let me know if it's too similar to another challenge. Thank you c:
    (Quote me if you want a reply or want me to see it.)

[PS- If you're doing the challenge, tell me! And your opinion on it! ^-^]

The Murderous Romance Challenge: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Rhosynn/myblog

The title was what caught my interest, and the blurb you wrote cemented it. (Well done, by the way.) I made my charming, evil stalker/serial killer and plopped him in the middle of Twinbrook. Time to lure in innocent women... MUAHAHAAA! We're both fiendishly delighted and washing our hands with *evil* soap. If this works out, I'll try female stalker/serial killer next.

So far, I've managed to trap two NPC's in my stalker's basement. It's set up to hold five, but with killing off victims and possibly giving kids up for adoption, this could go on for a while. This is an entertaining idea, but I have a few issues.

-The victims get the stir-crazy moodlet. Should I build some sort of gateless fence or something around the basement opening and let 'em loose to wander around in it every now and then? (Not sure if that would work.)
    -If I choose to let the victims care for their kids, I have to let them (the kids) out for school without letting the victims out. I'm not sure how I would go about this. Also, is my stalker allowed to interact with their kid?
    -The victims are limited to what they can do with the set-up I gave them because they're guests. For example, they can't cook because that would be "inappropriate behavior." I added the first victim to my household so that she may cook for them all, but what should I do as far as getting them to sleep? (Instead of them passing out on the floor, I mean. Negative moodlets=difficult pregnancy, of course.)
    -You mention killing the kids and victims. Any specific way to do this?

Thank you for making this. I'm having fun. (Which probably makes me a bad person. LQTM.)
  • Options
    GryffboyGryffboy Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    I found a challenge recently on Mod The Sims, and it's fun but my game crashed due to the fact I downloaded some new cc. I just went to get rid of it, so I'm really excited to play now.

Here's the link: (It's called the Amazon Challenge)

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=506850&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top