Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Terrylin: So do I understand that right that you have no luck deleting those. Not in live mode and not in edit mode ? When did they start showing up ? I also assume removing the cache files didn't help either (little unclear what you're trying to say with the whole scriptCache thing)

Yes I could delete them in either Edit Town or Live mode. The reset option in TCET didn't do anything so delete is the only option. In my other saved game I used Debugenabler and moved it down a layer and have no problems with that game either. The ones in AS home all showed up at once and the only one showed up in the Dorm.
    The connection to the scriptcache file is I have never had to delete this file it is always empty!! Since the SocialJigTwoPerson showed up I have had to delete the sriptcache file. Their were 7 files in it and 7 SocialJigTwo Person in the game. So the game is recognizing them. When I deleted the SocialJigTwoPerson spots the scriptcache file was empty again and didn't need deleted! This tells me the game does recognize it and as you said just not cleaning them up properly.

I hope this clarifies for you.
    Wishing everyone a Fantastic day/evening!
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@BrandyD83:

- Mailbox is constantly full of love letters
    --> You must have a lot of admirers. Don't know if this is really a bug
    (Lol or that. But no, what I meant was the flag is constantly up. It is always filled with love letters no matter if the postman passed or not)
    - Can not invite family/friends to graduation.
    --> Jumping issue ? I've added you
    (Yes, it'll completely change her interaction and bypass it)
    - Missing interactions for PlantSim (No poison kiss interaction only flower kiss)
    -Constant spawning of roommates
    --> so you have tons of them now or do you mean that they are replaced ?
    (Currently the Sim has a 2 bedroom house on campus her boyfriend is her other roommate but girls just keep coming. I'll say it made her have the total of 15 roommates all together they just won't stop spawning, I have to keep dismissing them to keep the number down.)
    -Pile up at University doors causing Sims to miss class, etc.
    --> On the list
    - Guest are constantly accused of bad behavior even when nothing has gone wrong
    --> I've added
    - Smartphone is constantly ringing
    --> On the list (including solution)
    - Constant party invites
    --> Yeah, annoying. Don't think it's a bug though
    - During Toga Party constant wardrobe changes
    --> On the list. Added you though
    - Sims get stuck at class for hours (reset sometimes work)
    --> I've added you
    - Graduation takes forever even when arriving early due to crowded doors and changing into robes.
    --> on the list
    -Empty thought bubbles.
    --> Added you
    - Lost relationships after graduation. (Doesn't know anyone)
    --> Added. Did you invite someone for graduation ?
    (She couldn't invite anyone to graduation but her roommates and boyfriend graduated with her and after graduation she didn't know any of them until I she moved)
    - Don't get the move option in University town (not sure if it's a glitch but once moved in a place, can't move again)
    --> I think that is on purpose. You might be able to switch via edit town though
    - Avant Garde Sim just wanders about critiquing constantly
    --> Added you
    - Not getting herbal moodlets with certain drinks, etc.
    --> Added you
    - Socially Awkward Sim has no interactions of that trait
    --> Added

=== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===

Sorry guys, need to do the rest tomorrow. Have no energy left (my bar is a red). That's why I usually do the updating in the morning.

Thank you so much Crinrit for all that you have done and are continuing to do. It is much appreciated. I answered you in the above in red (), again thank you for the tips and for adding me to the list.
  • Options
    bamatosbamatos Posts: 17
    edited March 2013
    So if I invite people to my graduation, I can't go back for another degree? :| Guess I'll start over =(
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Bonabopn:

- Police car: Use testingcheats and then Shift-Click on car, object - delete

@PrfctAngl673: Added your report to the multi-select issue

@oreosncreamforjo55: Oh, then it's fine. I've added you to both issues

@Ronna: Did they go on a field trip ? There's an existing issue with those: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-sim-cant-go-to-after-school-activities.html

@Terrylin: Ah, wonder if deleting the scriptFileCache would make them go away without having to do it manually.

@BrandyD83: Added the love letter & room mate issue. Was it at Uni or at home ? Does a mail man even drop by at Uni ?

@bamatos: There's a severe bug with inviting Uni people to graduation. It doubles them in the relationship panel which leads to the issue with going back to Uni afterwards. So it's better to not invite anyone until EA fixes this issue.

As always, if you posted your info (whether your issue got added or not), make sure I've added you to this post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page#10303278

If you are on that list, there is no need to repost your info but if something changes, please edit said post or make a new one so I can re-link you.

If I said, I'll add, please make sure you did get added and that I understood your issue correctly.

----

I'll be updating/creating some blog posts tomorrow.

And could someone please do me a favor and make it stop snowing ? It's spring !!!
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited March 2013
    My sim is missing the university degree. I have been playing without mods ever since I installed the latest patch (1.50). I was having trouble getting my couple home after Uni so last night I installed Twallan's Overwatch and Error Trap and they were able to get home. When I clicked on my sims inventory, I noticed that there wasn't a university degree. She went to work which was on level 1 and received a promotion, but it was only up to level 2.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Minimal CC
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Twallan's Error Trap and Overwatch
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)?
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? Mods are updated
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? I have both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? Existing game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? The sim was a copy that I put into the game before installing University Life
    9. What town are you currently playing EA or Custom? EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World?
    Home world
  • Options
    DrguyksDrguyks Posts: 164 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Yes; decensor
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? N/A
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? Yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? transfer
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? custom
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD always

So here are the issues that I have found: aside from no sims showing up in University world (resetsim * seems to fix this), the issues that may not have been noticed until now are:
    1. Quit command does not work (I usually don't use save & quit for fear of error code 16)
    2. relationship panel is cleared out and never returns
    3. LTW do not immediately show up
    4. A mass of student sims randomly show up clogging movement (is this a glitch or part of some sorta tour or both?)
    5. People with careers already cannot take classes without quitting careers (is that a glitch or is that the way it is suppose to be?)
    6. Student bulletin board does not do anything (all the animations go through, but the sim resets).
    7. All previously acquired moodlets vanish (ie. eternally faithful).
  • Options
    SmileySimolinaSmileySimolina Posts: 47
    edited March 2013
    @ CRINRICT

1. Cause of not taking care of their needs or what was the reason?-
    Yup, theyre not fulfilling their needs which is leading to their death. (A few others have reported this issue in another thread - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/654588.page )

4. Did you try getting another one ?
    I'll try another Bonehilda now.

Thanks Crinrict :mrgreen: xxx
  • Options
    simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict only happens to dormitory stoves :shock:
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@BrandyD83: Added the love letter & room mate issue. Was it at Uni or at home ? Does a mail man even drop by at Uni ? Thanks hon, this all took place at Uni. I was surprised to see one, but yes there is an mailman that passes about 8:30am in the mornings.

I meant to check and see if anyone reported this or not as I remember mentioning the swapping between clothing during toga parties. But it's also happening now when there is no party as long as the pardis maximus statue is placed. (If someone mentioned this happening outside of the party I am sorry as I just thought of this as I was replying back to you.)

As always, if you posted your info (whether your issue got added or not), make sure I've added you to this post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page#10303278

If you are on that list, there is no need to repost your info but if something changes, please edit said post or make a new one so I can re-link you.

If I said, I'll add, please make sure you did get added and that I understood your issue correctly.

----

I'll be updating/creating some blog posts tomorrow.

And could someone please do me a favor and make it stop snowing ? It's spring !!!

[Reply in red above]
    Oh gosh, you're still getting snow? The last of the snow for us was 2 weeks or so ago I'm glad to see it all gone now. I'll share some of my sunshine with you, although it is still a bit chilly out. Keep warm. :)
  • Options
    bamatosbamatos Posts: 17
    edited March 2013
    Thanks so much Crin <3
  • Options
    Dianna07Dianna07 Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    With the problem due to routing issues and students waiting in crowds at the doors, I downloaded this mod that seems to help. They still go in the buildings one at a time, but the wait is a lot less longer.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=458694
  • Options
    shouldbewritingshouldbewriting Posts: 16 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No mods, CC is only something that came from the exchange.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    No

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    I have University Life

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    1.5? Whatever is most recent.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Existing game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    I created a new sim in CAS

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Custom town, but it is vanilla, nothing special in it.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Uni-World

I'm having the same party problem as A_Mom

My sim gets invited to a party and says she'll be there, and then when the pop up that the party is approaching appears, I click "Attend" and there is no party tag on the map.

The first time this happened, I was invited to the Fraternity House by Miles Forthright. When I hovered over the house it would say that no one was there. I sent my sim anyway, and as she arrived, a large group of sims spilled out of the house and my sim got the automatic "Go Home" action.

I cancelled it and after several tries (the door was open but it wouldn't let her through at first), forced her into the house when someone was leaving. Miles was not there but the roommate was. I had my sim drink from the keg and talk to the roommate and hang out for a while.

As she was leaving to go home, Miles arrived. She did not get a "sorry we missed you" message, but she also doesn't have any memory of attending her first party.

After reading A_Mom's post I tried her suggestion with the next party invite. My sim was invited to a party at the dorm across the street from the pool, and was told to wear a swimsuit. I switched to map view but there was no party tag on the dorm.

When reminder popped up, I paused and switched to map view, but there was still no party balloons on the map.

I clicked attend anyway and sent my sim there. On the way there she got a text message from a sim she'd flirted with saying he'd like to get to know her better.

When she arrived at the dorm, there was no party, but the sim who had texted her came out and invited her inside. (This was a surprise in itself, because when I hover over him in the relationship panel it does not say that he's a student, and yet he seems to live in the dorm.)

Anyway, the sim throwing the party was in the dorm, but there was no party and unlike the frat house, there weren't even people leaving as if there had been one. My sim stayed and chatted for a while and went home. That night she got the "Sorry we missed you." message at 3am.

So it appears that no matter what I do, my sim can't go to parties. And there is never anything on the map indicating that one is scheduled or going on.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Terrylin: Ah, wonder if deleting the scriptFileCache would make them go away without having to do it manually.

No I deleted the scriptcache file after each exit and the SocialJigTwoPerson was still in the house when I went back. Looks to me like the srcirptcache is acting like Twallans ErrorTrap and making a report. If Twallan can use the Tag numbers I have in the scriptcache file I saved and add them to Overwatch it could clean them up automatically! That would work for the routing issues before they appear!
    Otherwise they make for routing errors before they show up (don't know how they show up either) then when they show up you can either delete them with MOO or TCET or you can use the move option in DebugEnabler to move them down a layer back in the floor. Both ways seems to work and my game is playing Great after using both delete and DebugEnabler.

Should I try and post this also on Twallans site? or have you already mentioned it to him? This is so new it would be nice to *** it in the bud before it get out of hand.

Thank You so very much for your time! Hope you are feeling better!
    Have a Fantastic evening/day! :D
    Hugs :P
  • Options
    ec1ipsseec1ipsse Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crinrict

Skilling issue - Twallan has discovered why it happens, and why it accelerates (details on his site), has sorted a temporary mod fix for now and is sorting a permanant one (that man is so my hero :D )

Cat fishing - no joy in Bridgeport with new cat and vanilla game - same error in every case. Am going to try in other worlds.

Sims - no issues with fishing in either saved sims or newbies.

Cheers
  • Options
    MorganaFeyMorganaFey Posts: 117 New Member
    edited March 2013
    My sim is late for class but really hungry so I wanted her to eat first and be late to class. When I had her eat a quick meal (yogurt) from the fridge, it didn't fill up her hunger. I had her try again with cereal. Still nothing. I quit at that point.

Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    Only mod I am using is Twallan's Overwatch mod
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) ?
    N/A
    Mod is updated
    I have UL
    Started new game with family from previous versions in bin
    I guess the "using from bin" makes then existing?
    Home is Riverview
    Win 7
    DVD

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

Uni-World
  • Options
    JohnnyDeppLuvaJohnnyDeppLuva Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? - None.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? - No.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? - I used the DebugEnabler once to get the bills stuck in my sims inventory deleted which was updated to this EP and patch but my problems have existed before I installed that.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? - I used the updated one but it's no longer in the game now that I deleted the bills.

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? - Both.

6. Which Patch Level are you at? - 1.50.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? - New game.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? - New sim.

9. What town are you currently playing EA or Custom? - EA.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? - Win 7.

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? - DVD.

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? - Uni world.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

I have two minor problems, they're no too bad I suppose but they still annoy me.

1) I cannot get the Woohooty Text or Call option, I have all other options but not that one.

2) When my sim uses a whiteboard no writing shows up, he can use it, do a presentation, erase etc but it just doesn't show up. - The first night I played, it showed up but since the second time playing it hasn't shown again and that's what's annoying me and this was before using the DebugEnabler mod so I know that didn't cause it.

Everything else has been fine so far *touch wood*.
    This is my sims 5th term as he's wanting a few degrees and no other problems have cropped up yet for me.
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Crinrict - When I say "routing issues" I mean the whole twitching through doorways and what-not. I might of called it the wrong thing.
    And yeah, I've got the updated version of ErrorTrap: Version 76

And the 2hr thing; even if a sim were to leave 2hrs prior to class, it doesn't give them enough time to "prep" before their classes start.
  • Options
    OnirinOnirin Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I have never used mods, one custom content town map that is not in use.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)

I have University Life.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing one ?
    I am playing an existing game.
    Existing Sim.
    Moonlight Falls - The town that comes with Supernatural.
    Windows 7.
    DVD Version.
    Home-world.

Bugs I've encountered:

A few others I can deal with, but one that's really hindering my game-play: lost relationships after graduation. After graduating, I had intended to make my Sim marry a Sim she met in university. Her friend's list was normal the day after, and I invited him over to propose, however, when he got there their relationship was back at zero and all her university relationships were gone. This was disappointing, however I didn't see it as too major. After choosing another Sim to marry, I found that no matter how many dates or romantic actions they had, I could not ask him to be her boyfriend. In addition to this, she was getting a bad reputation for "two-timing". With this in mind, I thought the game registered her and her university boyfriend as still in a relationship, despite the lacking of a visible relationship at all. I sent another Sim to university to check if he was in a relationship, and he was not (I did not save this). The Sim I'm having trouble with also does not show traits, status, job, etc. when her picture is hovered over in another Sim's friend list (I tried this with the other 4 Sims in my active family).

Essentially, after graduating and losing her university relationships, my Sim cannot have another boyfriend and get married.

Thank you for your time if this is answered, I really appreciate the help.

• Options
    SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    edited March 2013
    1st: Whenever a sims gets the "Check out new object" action, they can bypass door restrictions in apartments.

2nd: One of my Showtime venues has spawned over a dozen proprietors, pictured below.

Screenshot-79.jpg
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @kellza: Mine are. So it does sound like a bug. Could you answer the not arriving at Uni thread anyways. You should check if your mods is still up-to-date. I do have a list of XML files that got changed with the patch here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/02/patch-1-50.html

If the file you changed is among them, you should update your mod.

I'll add the hunger strike issue to the unsure bugs to see if anyone else has info.

Thanks for that link, I'll go check now. And fill out the not arriving at uni thread :)
    I went back in to see what would happen - they didn't get their final grades again. I had another try and had a brainwave to check and see if the sim that disappeared had been wearing any CC clothing... turns out he was wearing one particular CC t-shirt for three outfits. I put him into EA only clothing and then just made them both stand around waiting for their results (they were in the middle of something the two times beforehand) and what do you know - they got their grades. And both returned home safely. Not 100% sure if CC was the cause since now that I think about it I think the other sim is wearing CC shorts in swimwear. As my other game is getting close to the end of their second trip to uni I'll do a save and get one to dress in CC and see if it causes the same problem.

Gah. I wanna be able to keep the sketches my sim does of her boyfriend! Speaking of, her boyfriend is still doing the hunger action in this new semester. He doesn't get the hunger bubble - just does the stomach holding, moaning and feeding motion. Guess he'll need a resetting :?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @SapphireDCM: Were you able to choose the extra trait ? Do I understand you right, that your sims weren't able to go home without the mods ? OW had another update today. You should update.

@Drguyks: Before I answer your issues, I need some clarification:

You had the empty UI issue where all you can do is choose a new family or create a new Sim and then you typed resetsims * and fixed it and played on that ?

@SmileySimolina: Thanks. I would say it's the follow-up issue on the needs one.

@simsolated: I'll add that.

@BrandyD83: I did have about 5 love letters in the mailbox which I found a bit much on one week (they were all from the boyfriend).

I'll add you to the statue issue.

We had spring last week with 10-15° C and now we're buried in snow again. It makes me wanna cry.

@bamatos: :D

@Dianna07: There are many such mods that help. It's the same issue as with the school. The particular mod has not been update since Pets. I would not use.

@shouldbewriting: I'll add your report to the issue

@Terrylin: I see you posted at Twallans. Wise move :)

@ec1ipsse: I know. Blog post is coming up tomorrow. I'll add the cat fishing if I haven't done so (not sure atm, to lazy to check the first page)

@MorganaFey: What day was it ? A Tuesday or Thursday lecture ? Needs are static during those (and shortly before)

@JohnnyDeppLuva:

1. Are you on a lot that has a woohoo spot available when calling and someone that is legible to woohoo with ?
    2. I'll add to see if someone else had that issue

@Jazmyne4u2: The twitching is on the existing issue list. Not sure what you mean about prepping for class

@Onirin: Did you invite anyone to your graduation ? This seriously messes up the game.

@Brandonstatez: Please answer the questions in the second post

The proprietor issue is existing.

@kellza: Do you have a link to those T-Shirts ?

Calling it a night. I'll update tomorrow and do some blog post updating.

AND SPRINGBOARD DIVING. Yeah!!!
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ec1ipsseec1ipsse Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    @Crinrict
    Diving: simming or IRL? Either way - have fun!

Re cat fishing issue - I know it's a very, very minor thing, compared to some of the game-breakers we've had this patch/EP. It may even go back to the supernatural patch - haven't played a household containing a cat since before that one - didn't think to check.

My new problem: This has been reported before, but I am having the delayed 'hot chilli' animation as well - because I was playing a neat sim when it happened, the resulting fireball also set my dishwasher on fire, setting himself on fire as well. :shock: :!:

As others have reported, the sim goes to the 'seated' position and then the animation runs.

No mods in atm, although adding them tonight - too many irritations in a vanilla game.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Dianna07Dianna07 Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    I used an existing family, the "Martinez Family" in Household Library. I'm using Moonlight Falls and I sent Jennifer to the University because of a wish. She got her degree and extra trait, but when she got home, she wasn't dropped off at her home (some random road) and her stuff in her personal inventory wasn't there. Not even her decorate degree and High School Diploma. I exited the game, the reloaded it and put the things I could in the Family inventory. However, the same issue happened again, only her Family inventory was emptied.
    I have some of the NRaas Mods, and skins, along with objects from Around the Sims. Different poses and Pose player also. The mods and skins seem to not interfere with anything.
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited March 2013
    Unfortunately I haven't had time to play yet so i can't tell you whether going back to Uni fixes the blog or not.

No

No

Took them out and started a vanilla game.

Not using mods

UL

New game

Yes, I did transfer a couple of my fave sims over.

Aurora Skies

Windows 7 64 bit

DVD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top