Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2013
    No, I do not use mods or any custom content that is not from the sims 3 store.

edit: and for the purpose of playing this EP before they release patches/fixes, I have removed all store CC and started a brand new vanilla game.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes, custom content.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    Yes, Twallan's (currently out of game at the moment until further updating)
    3. If you're not using mods, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I removed them.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New game and existing issue with both.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Both
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    DVD

Bugs I've Encountered:

-Mailbox is constantly full of love letters
    -Can not invite family/friends to graduation.
    -Missing interactions for PlantSim (No poison kiss interaction on flower)
    -Constant spawning of roommates
    -Pile up at University doors causing Sims to miss class, etc.
    -Guest are constantly accused of bad behavior even when nothing has gone wrong
    -Smartphone is constantly ringing
    -Constant party invites
    -During Toga Party constant wardrobe changes
    -Sims get stuck at class for hours (reset sometimes work)
    -Graduation takes forever even when arriving early due to crowded doors and changing into robes.
    -Empty thought bubbles.
    -Lost relationships after graduation. (Doesn't know anyone)
    -Don't get the move option in University town (not sure if it's a glitch but once moved in a place, can't move again)
    -Avant Garde Sim just wanders about critiquing constantly
    -Not getting herbal moodlets with certain drinks, etc.
    -Socially Awkward Sim has no interactions of that trait.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited March 2013
    Jadeleine wrote:
    Just reporting something I noticed in my game.

- Supernaturals disabled does not effect in UNI town. Normal sims will turn into Supernaturals after a while making it impossible to play realistic game.

- Supernaturals are dying easily in UNI, especially vampires. Many sims have also died in hunger.

- My game is still laggy and very slow in Online mode. This can also cause my game to crash very easily and i have had to quit the game from desktop.

- Recently I have also had error code 16 which i have never had before. Not sure when this started to happen exactly. Maybe latest patches or SP. My computer specs are way above the minimum and I am playing with windows 7 64 bit and 5GB of RAM so how could I not have enough RAM?

- I also noticed that with going more than one sim at the uni, only the one that is selected will raise their study meter and others are decreaseing, even if they are doing something that is suppose to raise the study bar.

- I have re-installed my game and played without CC and mods. This does not affect or help resolving above issues in my game.

Thanks!

Okay, thanks Crin appreciate your help!

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Nope I was not at the time of reporting those erros.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods:
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Yes I have used some (overwatch), but I have also re-installed my game and tested it without mods.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? I have UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I have tested with one existing CC-free sim which i re-installed in my game before i started new save. I have also played with a brand new sim.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Aurora Skies
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

After that post, I have put overwatch and some CC in my game. I played without overwatch after the re-installation for a while to see how my game works 100% mod and CC clean. Unfortunately, my game is unplayable without overwatch. The lag is so bad but just to double check, I can do the factory resetting and try again with clean game.

Yes, I did check and I have disabled all Supernaturals but the game is still auto generating them in UNI town but I have not seen them in home town.

• KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've had some of the smaller bugs but I just ran into a huge one: when returning my sim back home from uni (he just did his first two terms and his degree in communications was not complete) he got picked up normally and the moving van drove off. The screen then switched to the loading screen between worlds just as normal, but instead of loading the homeworld, it bounced back into the uniworld. On the left I could see all the portaits of the roommates (although all of them were empty), I couldn't seemy sim anywere nor could I click on anything.

Additional information: I had already completed two degrees with my original sim, and the sim who glitched trying to return from uni was originally an NPC my sim met at uni using the "Sim Finder" app. After completing her degree my original sim invited the glitchy sim to visit and once he arrived in her home world (Aurora Skies), she asked him to move in, which he did.

Some time after moving in (I think it was the of the day he moved in), my sims boyfriend enrolled at university. He had no problems during the two terms and even the return hoe seemed to go normally and well until the very last moment when he was supposed to arrive. I couldn't click on *anything* or see in the faternity house, resetsim did nothing for any of the sims so I just quit without saving.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods: Some store content and CC hairs, I removed ALL mods before installing university and have not replaced any of them.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods: N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do): Took them out as you are supposed to and left them out (yes,Ii also remembered to delete cache files and have been successfully playing a vanilla game until now).
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version: N/A
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch: I have UL.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at: The latest one.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones: A new game, I didn't dare test UL with my Legacy and without mods.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made: A new sim.
    9. What town are you currently playing EA or Custom: Aurora Skies.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7): Win 7.
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game: Download (I have the physical copy but I always install the download version so I don't have to deal with the CD).

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World: Uni/homeworld.
  • BonabopnBonabopn Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2013
    No.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never used them.
    No, i have every expansion up to Seasons (no stuff packs).
    16.0.136.0210001, it was updated like a week ago.
    Existing.
    Existing.
    Custom.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows 7.
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    DVD.

My werewolf sim managed to find about 70 extraordinarily unusual bugs (and lots of common ones) while hunting solo, but only two rares and no uncommons. Gems and metals were not affected by this problem.

After getting the Hardly Hungry lifetime reward, the Hungry moodlet will say up to 3h left, but counts down a lot slower than three hours.

Also, my sims and npc sims can't reach a lot of the residential lots in my home-made town, they just complain about not being able to reach it. All of the houses are EA-made from the lot bin. A temporary fix is to manually walk to the edge of the lot and then walk onto the lot, and vice versa for leaving. I'm assuming there's a problem with the way i made the town, but i have no idea.

After digging a hole with Ambitions' Miner and finding a cavern, my sim will exit the cavern when their Fun is full, complete with loot from the trip. Sending the sim back in immediately will make them enter and exit instantly, with more loot. This does not exhaust the cavern as fast as it should, and my sim managed to escape with at least 40 attempts' worth of loot.

Finding ores/metals in the miner's holes (and maybe other rabbitholes) do not count toward the collecting journal.

After getting the Immune to Cold lifetime reward, my sim gets confused about what to wear. She leaves her house during heavy snow wearing Everyday clothes (sometimes pyjamas). When she returns home, she puts on her formal clothes. If she arrives at a party, she switches to formal clothes regardless of the party's theme, and then into the party's chosen clothing theme.

After eating food made from ghost chili, the sim will not react to the spice until after washing the dishes, unless i cancel the action.

My sims will eat outside during rain or snow, despite the inside dining table being closer.

Paparazzi don't change clothes when burnt/scorched/whatever-that's-called.

Annoyances:

NPC sims have pool parties/swimwear parties when they have no pool.

NPC sims won't stop sending love letters/gifts. There should be a way to deny them so they'll stop, at least temporarily.

After buying a building, eg the bistro, my sim will get celebrity missions saying that the owner wants them to do a mission for cash. Since when did my sim have D.I.D. and where is this money coming from?

(The only bug i really need an answer for is the not-reaching-lots bug. Sorry if i'm doing anything wrong.)
  • Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. I am using CC (offical and unofficial) and Mods
    2. Twallan's MC: Cheats, ErrorTrap, Decensor, and Overwatch
    4. Yes I've updated the mods
    5. Both
    6. Patch 1.50
    7. New game
    8. New sim
    9. Was Bridgeport, went to Sims Uni, then Aurora Skies lol
    10. Win 7
    11. Downloaded Version
    12. Uni/Home-World in a way

I'm going to try and make this short and sweet lol.

Issues/Glitches
    - Smartphone images delete when returning home
    - Sim resets while trying to invite grad. party notification
    - Sim doesn't receive diploma/degree
    - Routing issues return
    - It's like the same party is happening every sim night
    - Party host isn't at the party, making it unable to attend
    - No professor at lecture (first time there wasn't, second time there was a sim teaching from the white board)
    - Week resets when returning home (starts from week 1, day 1)
    - Class times are off by 2hrs

I overall enjoy the game, it works great! Those little issues do get annoying after a while.
  • sunsetblastsunsetblast Posts: 40 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? CC and updated mosiac package mod
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? I used a few package mods before. Yes I removed them before installing the EP. I did not clear the cache's however. I was only using package mods. Romantic discombobulator, clothing and mosiac mod.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes the one I have put back is a compatible version.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50 I think it is. I am current on updates
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game on Sunset Valley to start.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I didn't use an existing Sim, but I did use a Sim that was not a factory Sim. One I had saved in cas in a prior game. I guess that would be new.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Sunset Valley and University
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

I am having similar issues to "rafraf" on page 29.

My Sim went to Uni for the first term just fine. He left for home leaving a girlfriend. She was a townie at Uni that he met there. He invited her over and it said she would come the next day. When she got there I had to stop playing so I exited and saved the game. When I got on later it showed she was at his house, but she was nowhere to be found. (Glitch #1). It fixed itself after a bit as it eventually showed her gone back to wherever. It also gave me the notice that my Sim had just entered into a relationship, even though they had one at Uni. (Glitch #2?)

I invited the Sim back and waited the day. It gave the notice my Sim had just entered into a relationship again. When she got back my Sim proposed and they got married, no problems. She moved in. They they both enrolled in another term at Uni. So they went to Uni as a married couple.

At one point she was talking to a roommate in their dorm, a man, and the husband Sim got upset. I wondered what was going on, she was not even friends with the roommate. I couldn't see anything that had happened. So I decided to look at her reputation, as I didn't want it tarnished. It showed that she was naughty. So I looked at her friends for another romantic relationship and randomly there is one guy friend of hers that is now showing as her boyfriend! (Glitch #3) How can she have a husband and a boyfriend? How did he become her boyfriend? I did not create the relationship, and it didn't exist when they returned to Uni. Yes he is a Uni townie. He was not the roommate she was talking to. He did get the romantic "I want to get to know you" perk when she met him like the day before.

I wonder if the game is still treating her as a townie even though she is being controlled by me. It appears to have randomly picked a boyfriend for her, even though she was married to my Sim. I exited and did not save the game so we will see if it happens again.

I don't think the romantic discombobulator mod could have caused this. I removed it before installing EP, and although I didn't clear my cache's, it is only a package mod and I used it after installing the newest patch and it worked fine. I have never had any issues with it before, and have had it a long time. It is designed to prevent jealousy.

(Sorry for long post ...) Thanks!

Edit: Since I didn't save the last time, when I logged in I looked to see if the female Sim had the boyfriend, and she did. I thought she had just met the guy since coming back to Uni, but I could be wrong. Maybe she had him all along and it just showed she had none to my Sim.
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited April 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes on both (note not many CC, just a few CAS items).

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? I use Twallan's at the moment & I took out Error Trap since others have reported it buggy.

3. If you're not using mods, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? I took out my whole Mods folder prior to patching to 1.50 & installing University.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? Both

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? Both

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I just played whoever is in my neighborhoods.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? Both

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

I have sent one sim to University, and didn't encounter problems, but, I don't have plans to send one back because of all the mess with University that is being reported. Me, and 2 others have reported adopting a pet from the shelter over the phone you can only select that pet. I try to select my other household members, but it acts as if it's that specific pet. I've tested this three times, and it did this all three times. I've tried restarting the game and it did not work. Adopting a stray has the same problem.

Note: Right before patching and installing University, my current household I'm playing just adopted a pet from the shelter and a stray just fine. This issue didn't pop up until I patched to 1.50 and installed University.

Edit: Lots of people reported this issue in the last couple of weeks at the Pets Bug Thread. Hope the Gurus are reading all of our bug reports.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Desirai: I've added. One more questions though: Does that go for CAS in general or only just the 6th and 7th trait ?

@BrandyD83:

- Mailbox is constantly full of love letters
    --> You must have a lot of admirers. Don't know if this is really a bug
    - Can not invite family/friends to graduation.
    --> Jumping issue ? I've added you
    - Missing interactions for PlantSim (No poison kiss interaction on flower)
    -Constant spawning of roommates
    --> so you have tons of them now or do you mean that they are replaced ?
    -Pile up at University doors causing Sims to miss class, etc.
    --> On the list
    - Guest are constantly accused of bad behavior even when nothing has gone wrong
    --> I've added
    - Smartphone is constantly ringing
    --> On the list (including solution)
    - Constant party invites
    --> Yeah, annoying. Don't think it's a bug though
    - During Toga Party constant wardrobe changes
    --> On the list. Added you though
    - Sims get stuck at class for hours (reset sometimes work)
    --> I've added you
    - Graduation takes forever even when arriving early due to crowded doors and changing into robes.
    --> on the list
    -Empty thought bubbles.
    --> Added you
    - Lost relationships after graduation. (Doesn't know anyone)
    --> Added. Did you invite someone for graduation ?
    - Don't get the move option in University town (not sure if it's a glitch but once moved in a place, can't move again)
    --> I think that is on purpose. You might be able to switch via edit town though
    - Avant Garde Sim just wanders about critiquing constantly
    --> Added you
    - Not getting herbal moodlets with certain drinks, etc.
    --> Added you
    - Socially Awkward Sim has no interactions of that trait
    --> Added

@Jadeleine: Thanks. I've added Supernatural issue

@Kikionparas: Could you add your report here as well: [Error Analysis] Sim can't return home after Graduation

I really don't know what is causing all those failures. Trying to collect them all in that one thread.

=== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===

Sorry guys, need to do the rest tomorrow. Have no energy left (my bar is a red). That's why I usually do the updating in the morning.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Kikionparas: Could you add your report here as well: [Error Analysis] Sim can't return home after Graduation

I really don't know what is causing all those failures. Trying to collect them all in that one thread.

No problem, done!

Another issue I had both times my original sim was graduating: during the graduation (and after it) I was unable to click/interact with any of the other sims. My sim graduated just fine and the visitor she invited (her mum) arrived there and all, but they'd just either stand around or walk off to do something. It didn't really bother me THAT much, but I just thought I might add that to the list since I didn't see it there.

Thanks for your help, crincrit, have a good night!
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    edited March 2013
    Something I have noticed about both of my sims that became unplayable after graduation: they both had a perfect GPA.

The 2nd sim had gotten a degree in PE with an overall B, I could still click on her and her phone. Her husband had gotten a perfect GPA in Communications before I had issues with him. He got stuck trying to leave after graduation and I can't interact with him if I try to send him back. I sent his wife back for a Fine Arts Degree and she got a perfect GPA on that. Right after she graduated the 2nd time, I can't click on her or her phone. If I can get her home safely, I will try to send her back and see if she is also unplayable.

ETA: Just realized these were both times I invited sims to graduation. Maybe inviting sims from home world affects this?
  • TriforceHolderVTriforceHolderV Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @TriforceHolderV: Did you invite someone from Uni to the graduation ? That bugs the Sims out. Don't have a solution other than loading a backup and not invite anyone.

How do I load a backup? For that file I saved just before the clock hit 9pm when the Sims are supposed to leave for home which was after the graduation took place itself. And I think I might've clicked on the tab to invite sims over for the grad but the list of sims i could invite never showed up on screen.

If you, or anyone, can get back to me on how to load this backup it'd be much appreciated. :)
  • TriforceHolderVTriforceHolderV Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Edit: Apologies for the double post. ^^^^^^
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    edited March 2013
    Definitely connected to one or the other. Sim went home, or so I thought. Her thumbnail was there and a second with her name was there, too. Both were at Uni instead of home city and invisible and unplayable.

I'm going to start a fresh game and try to narrow it down. Perfect GPA but not inviting any sims to graduation, that should tell me where it is.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@Terrylin: If you have the time, could you try if you can delete them with moveObjects or maybe testingcheats too (object-delete).

Hope you are feeling better!

OK I went back in my saved game. Went into Edit Town first,,,the SocialJigTwoPerson spots were still in the empty house so the game doesn't clean them up. They said "Objects in use" even though nobody lives there. Turned on TCET and Ctrl-Shft-Click these options came up,,Delete it--Thumbnail camera--Clone--Reset,,I tried reset and nothing happened, figured it was because I wasn't in live mode. Turned on Moveobjects and could delete them also,,didn't do either yet wanted to see in live mode.
    Live mode,,,Sim will not walk on the spots--unroutable--. TCET only options in live mode are delete it and both TCET & MOO options are the same in B/B as they were in Edit Town. I tried Reset and nothing happened! When this first happened my sim couldn't use the fridge but I couldn't see the SJTP at that time,,,so effects routing before they show up.
    I said I clean all my cache files after exiting,,,well I have never had a scriptcache file ever. I also don't usually have any cache files with store worlds but I had scriptcache files. Used SimsPE to open and look in the scriptcache file (a bunch of numbers I don't understand,,first time use :oops: ) no names but there is the same number of script files 7 as SJTP 7 spots. :?: Went back in and deleted the SJTP and back out, the scriptcache file was empty!?!

SimPE first three numbers (all seven files numbers are the same for the first three) No name
    Tag OBSC
    Type 0x4E97BAD8
    Group 0x00000000
    I have the scriptcache file saved on my desktop just don't know how to do a screenshot :oops: Haven't ever had to :oops:

Here are the other pictures in AS at the Friendly Farmhouse
    Upstairs 4 SocialJigTwoPerson spots
    screenshot_original.jpg"width600""heigth400"
    Downstairs 3 spots
    Ingame routing

Hope this helps! Thank You! Get Well!!
    Wishing everyone a Fantastic evening/morning/afternoon! :D
    Hugs :P
  • KookookikiKookookiki Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    My teenage and toddler sims both got degrees from university. I switched to another family and came back and they had degrees. (Their mom had gotten one as well but I don't mind that as much as she is an adult.)

No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I never have used mods
    N/A
    I have both
    Existing
    Premade
    Twinbrook, EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Download
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2013
    @janvel831:

Parties: what kind of party was it ? Was it maybe thrown at your home dorm or was the host not home at the time of the party ?

Hi Crin,
    I hope that you are feeling better.

Each time it was a keg party, not thrown at my home. The parties were thrown either at one of the houses or at another dorm. The action cancels before I get there. I went to one of the parties because I knew where the house was, there was a party going on, but I could not interact with anyone or anything.

I'm not sure about the party at the dorm, again the action cancelled and I didn't remember which dorm it was at. There was no party at the dorm I am staying in.

Another thing is that one my of Sims friends does not show up on his friends lists at all, but when he talks to him in person it says they are best friends. He has had a lot of contact with him and many interactions, but he can't call him on the phone because his name isn't on the list.

Thanks again for your help and for doing this. It is very much appreciated. :)
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited March 2013
    Latest bug i have now got is my game randomly crashes whilst it is saving .

This happens both on the home world and the Uni world .
    I can then restart the game play it and do exactly as i did before and it will save fine .

It played fine for 3 days, then crashed twice the next day, then a day with no problems and then it crashed twice again today .

It totally takes the fun out of the game not knowing if its going to crash every time you save and having to play that day over again, each time you expect the worst .

Ref my bug report page 16 of the fire and steam animation missing after eating spicy foods . It has now returned BUT instead of them doing it after eating their meal they pick up the plate and put it in the dishwasher then they squat as if sat in a chair and do the animation there of them with steam appearing out of their ears and breathing fire .I have no idea whats causing this animation to delay like this .
  • mom2vorianmom2vorian Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I don't want roommates.... My Sim went to University, graduated and is trying to get on with her life. But these "roommates" keep showing up. I don't use mods at all, and the only cheat I use is testingcheatsenabled true.

Also, I can't seem to get her to progress a relationship with another male sim farther than woohoo. she can woohoo with someone, and even try for baby but never "propose going steady" etc.

She had a boyfriend in university, but they are now ex's.

The relationship thing isn't a big deal, as long as she can procreate. But these roommates are becoming quite annoying. Any ideas?
  • n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited March 2013
    I did not spot this issue in UL's bugs list. This is odd because there are other threads here talking about the issue.

When a sim returns to homeworld their blog resets; all progress is gone and there's an option to start a new blog.

I don't think my specs are necessary for this one. Thread is right here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/655077.page#10412134

I apologize in advance if this has been reported before.

ETA: my game is vanilla without any mods.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    Twallan has found the cause for the fast skilling issue. Details can be found in his State of the mod post: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod

I'll be making a post in my blog later today.

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

@Bonabopn:

- Added to the not sure if bugs list
    - I'll add
    - Could be an issue with your world. Did you test EA worlds to see if you have the same issue ? My suggestion is to go to the CAW forum and have someone that has a lot of experience test your world.
    - Really not sure how that works. I'll add
    - I'll add although it's probably an existing issue
    - Does the Sim have any traits that could be responsible (inappropriate, ..). Mine do see to get confused whether the should wear outerwear or not but they don't do any formal cloth changing. I'll add though
    - Is that true for all spicy food or just the chili ? I'll add
    - Might be connected to the immune to cold LTR. Is it the same Sim ?
    - Did the ever ?
    - What does D.I.D stand for (sorry) ?

@Jazmyne4u2: Did you update ErrorTrap ?

- Smartphone images delete when returning home
    --> On the list
    - Sim resets while trying to invite grad. party notification
    --> On the list
    - Sim doesn't receive diploma/degree
    --> On the list
    - Routing issues return
    --> Could you be a bit more specific
    - It's like the same party is happening every sim night
    --> On the list
    - Party host isn't at the party, making it unable to attend
    --> On the list
    - No professor at lecture (first time there wasn't, second time there was a sim teaching from the white board)
    --> On the list
    - Week resets when returning home (starts from week 1, day 1)
    --> I'll add
    - Class times are off by 2hrs
    --> Sims go there two hours early to leave ample time to get there, probably cause they mostly run there.

@sunsetblast:

I think relationships in Uni/Travel worlds are somehow unrelated to the ones in the normal world. WA had the same issue with Sims suddenly being in a relationship with Sims they don't even know. There's also the photobooth issue but I'm unsure atm if that was fixed.

If she had the boyfriend before going to Uni, it's possible that the relationship did not get cleaned properly.

I would suggest to have her break up with the Sim and get her the clean slate LTR.

@PrfctAngl673: As I asked above: As in multi-selected portraits bug ?

@Kikionparas: Yeah. Probably same issue I had. Just don't invite anyone.

@jafo88fan: Yeah, inviting Sims is probably the cause of the unselectable Sim error, especially if you invite Sims from the Uni world. They duplicate in the relationship panel, causing the issue.

@TriforceHolderV: See here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/faq-what-files-should-i-backup.html

@Terrylin: So do I understand that right that you have no luck deleting those. Not in live mode and not in edit mode ? When did they start showing up ? I also assume removing the cache files didn't help either (little unclear what you're trying to say with the whole scriptCache thing)

I think I'll have to ask around for this since it's not a new issue.

@Kookookiki: Uh. You have a genius toddler. I'll add

@janvel831: Little stressed cause of the pile of things I need to do today. Thursdays are always a lot of running around. It'll be better tomorrow cause I have the whole day to myself and can go springboard diving. Always cheers me up and makes me feel better.

Does your friend show in the relationship panel or also not ? Thanks for the party info. No idea what's going on.

@julienrob2004: Have you been building ? Adding a second floor ?

I'll add the spicy food issue

@mom2vorian:

- Room mates in the home world ? Try switching the active household and back. They should not be there. It's on the list.
    - Existing issue. Crops up with every patch. It's most of the time because of prior relationships that didn't get cleaned up properly by the game.

@n00biityo: You specs aren't but I like to know if it's an exiting/new games so could you please answer the questions anyway. I'll add the issue, linking the thread.

Also do they come back once back at Uni ? My blogs are fine at Uni but I've never checked them in the home world.

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

I'll update early this afternoon. Have more time tomorrow. Busy day today.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• BonabopnBonabopn Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict
    - Okay
    - Okay
    - I did not test EA worlds, i will go ask in the CAW section c:
    - Okay
    - Okay
    - My sim has the Daredevil trait, but not the innappropriate or likes cold traits.
    - This is true for any food made with ghost chilis.
    - Yes, it is the same sim, but i wouldn't think that would make them ignore rain.
    - No, they did not.
    - DID stands for Dissociative identity disorder. It is when a person has two identities without realising it, i was jokingly suggesting it was the reason my sim would pay themselves to advertise their own buildings.

Thank you c:

[EDIT] Oh, and one more. When moving house, my sim left their car behind (a police cruiser), and i can't retrieve it. :(
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited March 2013
    Crinrict, I've actually never heard of the multi-selected portraits bug (I've never had it happen before), but, it sounds like it. All I know is when you adopt a pet either from the shelter or a stray, that pet you adopted stays selected. You can't select any sim or other pet in the household. It started after I patched up and installed University. One of my households just adopted a stray and a pet from the shelter just before patching and installing University just fine with no problems. Like I had said, at least 2 others reported this in the Pets Bug Thread on Sunday, the 10th.
  • oreosncreamforjo55oreosncreamforjo55 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @oreosncreamforjo55: Hidden skill mods need updating with almost any EP patches, remove or update and delete your cache files.

I had just installed the sims 3 again recently so when I got the mod, I got the one that had been updated for University Life and the latest patch. A day after installing it, I got University Life.

I deleted the cache files. I still cannot un-click after clicking to place street art. The game will not let me do anything until I find a place for the street art. If i zoom out to view the town, I cannot zoom back in. Pressing esc does work, though.

I also have the dark oval on my floor which sims cannot stand on or walk over.
  • RonnaRonna Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't know if I'm at the right place but my teens can no longer go to after school activities and it doesn't give me a option to go. I hope this can be solved I like activities for teens as well. I have all the expansion packs installed up to university life. Please help me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top