Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• mandyamandya Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi :) Well this doesn't happen on my laptop, but on my mom's. I don't know if something like this has been posted but, ever since my mom installed University on her laptop and her sims want to make love or try for a baby the game will just freeze instantly and just sit there and my mom will have to end up restarting her laptop. And when she goes back to the family, if they are in Uni then all the saves that she has made went away and she is starting over from when her sims first arrived to their dorm. My mom has no mods only CC from TSR and some hairs from Anubis. Has anyone else came in contact with this problem? Thanks.
  • LA24KobeLA24Kobe Posts: 39 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having an issue where, after my sims returns to university for his second term or second visit, he loses all his skill and his social group status? All of his friends are still there etc. But he doesn't have any skills anymore, and is 0 in each group, he had the skills when he returned home but ever since he goes back to Uni, its gone?
  • hallosunflowerhallosunflower Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    hi since i downloaded university life some of my community buildings in the home world have disappeared and i cant find them in edit town either my children sims cant go to school
    i have all the expansion packs and the newest patch but none of the stuff packs
    please tell me what to do
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? cc only
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods none
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)never used
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? NA
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? uni
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? existing sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? ea
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? dvd
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? home world
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited March 2013
    I already posted this elsewhere as a help for anyone with the same problem, so I'm going to just paste it here; I think the out of town guests for graduation cause problems reloading the university the next time. To recap:

I tried everything; deleting caches, removing mods, moving sims in and out, nothing. About ten times my second generation sim would enroll in college, but couldn't get past the load screen, which would get stuck right before the end.

Then I decided to go into edit town mode to check out the university and looked around. When I went in to edit my old dorm, there were sims still inside; one was even still going at the juice keg. The same was true for the other two dorms, the sorority and frat house, and worst of all, the stadium and annex where my first generation sim had graduated.

I had my cheat codes on and started deleting all those sims; I'm not sure all of them were causing a problem, but the fact that the people I had invited from the first generation sim's graduation were still standing outside the stadium, that didn't seem right. Anyway, when I finished, and went and tried to enroll again, it went straight through.

I'm thinking that maybe the game knows what to do with the sims who belong in the university neighborhood and are still meandering around, but didn't have a clue how to handle the graduation invities. I didn't have any problem going back in between terms until after a graduation and bringing relatives in the neighborhood. Then again, maybe all of them were causing a problem; I know the game had told me one student had died of old age that was still standing in my dorm. In any case, if you can't get in no matter what you do, you may want to try going in and blinking the loiterers out of existence.

BTW, What I did for the buildings was copy them each to the library first, and then deleted them. I had to change the building type to no visitors in order to put them back. Sometimes that got rid of everyone, and sometimes they'd line up out front, which was when I deleted them. The stadium you have to unlock the building first using the enablelotlocking true.
  • n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wanted to update Crinrict on the blog issue several other sims and I are having. When my sim travelled back home from university I lost all the blog data. I tested two since then.

Starting a new blog with the same exact name as the previous blog did restore the blog for me just like people mentioned in the thread I linked.

Going back to university didn't affect the blog anymore. Going back home for the second time didn't affect the blog either.

I'd advice simmers to write down the names of their sims' blogs and what blog belongs to each sim just in case they encounter this glitch.

I hope this helps and happy simming.
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited March 2013
    Having a strange issue where clicking on a sim causes a 1-2 second lag similar to when there is a stuck sim (trees moving etc.). Still occurs after removing mods and does not seem preformance related. I have never had this untill I installed Uni.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?: Yes.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?: Just Twallan's.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do): Always take them out.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?: Yes.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?: Uni
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?: 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?: Existing and New.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?: Exisitng.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?: EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?: Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?: Some of both, but digital download of Uni.
    Sig.png
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @alisonk98: Could you also test the camera. I think I've added but I'll double check

@Enliez: Are you using any mods ? Please answer the questions in the second post

@serenamoonrose20: Was that in your home town or at University ? Did you have other issues with going to and from University ? Did you answer the questions yet ? I don't see you on the list

@catloverplayer: I would except that any world transition does so, so going to and from WA worlds will probably do the same.

@ZeekSlider: Thanks for the report.

@mandya: It's better if you post in the technical part of this forum. You can get better help for freezing issues there.

@LA24Kobe, hallosunflower: Are you using any mods in your game ? Please answer the questions in the second post

@ravynwolvf: Thanks for your report. Yes, I think inviting guests is bugged, too. Whether it's Uni Sims or Home Sims.

Deleting Sim can cause issues in the long run though and I would not recommend.

@n00biityo: Thanks for that info. I shall add

@EatChees: Have you tried a full factory reset ?

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@EatChees: Have you tried a full factory reset ?

Not yet as I haven't had time but I will try it and get back to you. I remember someone on twallan's forum having the same issue as well, but I'm not sure if they tried a reset or not.
    Sig.png
  • EnliezEnliez Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Oh sorry! Here they are:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?: No. I only have 'real paid-for content' from the Sims Store..

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?: Neither

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do): I never used them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?: No because I'm not using one

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?: What patch? UL I guess..

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?: I think 1.50 but it could also be 1.49.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?: First I worked with an existing and after that failed I made a new one but with even worse results.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?: Exisitng.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?: EA

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?: Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?: Only DVD versions
  • vinniechualiyingvinniechualiying Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    So, I sent my sim to university, completed a term, passed with flying colours and all that. But when I got my report card, it was empty. Totally empty. Like no name, no nothing. And when my sim returned home, she returned home with no credits at all. Help? :cry:
  • ladyolacladyolac Posts: 80 New Member
    edited March 2013
    BUG: no car when teenager learns how to drive.

Since I loaded University Life, I've had a teenager learn how to drive with his Dad but no car. The Dad stayed on the side of the road and the teenager walked THROUGH the world with the blue learning bar above his head and made the grade and learned how to drive "walking through things with the bar above his head".
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't use any mods I have one piece of CC and that is nail polish (I couldn't help myself)

I get the missing texture with the sketch book when my Sim sketches still life pictures other textures show up. I always clear out my cache files

My Sims also didn't get a chance to graduate they did 2 weeks of university and didn't get any type of notification and they just went home :(

I have also had the sunken magician glitch in the Uni world using the reset Sim fixed it :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • xXVampressaXxxXVampressaXx Posts: 16
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never used them
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    N/a
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    I own University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    I started a new game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    They are new
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Aurora Skies, EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    I have the DVD version

My Sim is currently attending the University, and I had to reset my Sim because she became stuck when trying to attend class. When I used the "resetSim" cheat, it reset her grades progress bar. She went from being on the Dean's List to being back to the middle of the progress bar.
  • ANNIEOVERANNIEOVER Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited March 2013
    **UPDATE**

Bought new graphics card, uninstalled, cleaned registry, reinstalled, no CC, and no mods.

I found out the patch 1.50 coupled with my graphics cards are the problem.

Update your graphics card. In order to do this, you have to completely uninstall your hardware and reinstall. Nvidia and Ati Radeon techs will help you step by step.

Before you Reinstall your game, contact EA to let them know the patch did not install properly previously. They will help you step by step on how to manually install 1.50 patch.

I am one out of 1,000 people who randomly downloaded a corrupted patch. Also my graphics card was toast and others were outdated.

Also ask EA about perhaps your digital download may be corrupt like mine was. They will issue you a new digital copy.

This may not work for everyone however it works for me and my game has never been so good lol.

I have three computers:
    Windows XP Service Pack 2
    Nvidia Geforce 9500GT
    4GB of RAM

Windows 7
    Nvidia Geforce 9800GT
    10GB of RAM

Windows 8
    ATI Radeon HD Mobility 4250
    16 GB Memory

Thank you Crinrict for all of your help:) it is much appreciated:)
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just wanted to add that I am still unable to order Omni Plant seeds from my mailbox. The action cancels out every time I try.
    er0s4g.jpg
    edited March 2013
    @Enliez: Sounds like that kind of corruption lots of people are seeing. I really don't know what's going on but I'll add your report to the first page.

@vinniechualiying, ladyolac: Please answer the questions in the second post

@jacqpinks: Did you also try to delete the thumbnails folder ?

Did they do 48 credits in total ?

@xXVampressaXx: Yeah, the cheat seems to do that. I'm unsure if it's a bug. I'll add to that list. How does it work for the needs ? Do they reset to the middle when you reset the Sim ? Not sure atm.

@ANNIEOVER: Thanks for reporting back :) Glad it's working now.

@lydiad206: That does not surprise me in the list. That's broken since forever.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Did you maximize and minimize the game ? That happens to me if I do that (not for all though)
    2. Invisible and Sims in the ground is usually due to their outfits corrupting. Most of the time, resetting them should help with that.

The spawning does seem to be odd. I have seen a few round Uni. Could you describe some more what you are seeing ? Do you get new ones all the time ?

Well with the vid games I was playing with the sim who was playing the game and the picture was there fine, but then I swapped to a different sim who was off home lot then swapped back to the first sim who was playing the vid game to discover that the TV was black.
    With the disappearing/sinking showtime performers I do normally reset them before they become stuck there, because they'll stay there despite showing the starving&exhausted speech/thought bubble, however as soon as I reset them they'll go back to performing.
    With UL from what I can tell (Haven't had a chance to play because of real life uni) they are different showtime performers.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • xXVampressaXxxXVampressaXx Posts: 16
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Enliez: Sounds like that kind of corruption lots of people are seeing. I really don't know what's going on but I'll add your report to the first page.

@vinniechualiying, ladyolac: Please answer the questions in the second post

@jacqpinks: Did you also try to delete the thumbnails folder ?

Did they do 48 credits in total ?

@xXVampressaXx: Yeah, the cheat seems to do that. I'm unsure if it's a bug. I'll add to that list. How does it work for the needs ? Do they reset to the middle when you reset the Sim ? Not sure atm.

@ANNIEOVER: Thanks for reporting back :) Glad it's working now.

@lydiad206: That does not surprise me in the list. That's broken since forever.

Yeah, it reset the needs, and oddly enough it also used up half of my magic in my magic bar (the Sim I reset was a witch).
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2013
    OK I hadn't deleted the thumbnails and now that I have none of my store content has thumbnails in game :(

does this mean I am going to have to reinstall it all?

Also a Sim just gave my Sim some flowers and the icon is blank in the inventory :( this is worse than the images not showing up for the sketch book :(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited March 2013
    They should recreate. Try going to CAS.

I'm really sorry. Is the deleted folder still in your trash ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited March 2013
    OK so I have been playing UL for a week or so now and everything was going great. My sim graduated properly etc. Kept playing got her and her Uni bf jobs and living together etc.

Now I go on to play and the bf is still there but the character I created and began playing with has kind of disappeared. Her name is still there but her pic is gone, it's just a blank portrait pic. I moved him out and tried to get him to call her over to start again she just keeps saying no.

Tried to play another game with other characters, same thing. It's like all my sims that I made before UL have now disappeared. Just blank icon boxes. I can't control them or anything.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I have never used mods
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? I have installed UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? updated to current level with installation of game
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing, goign to start a new game today and test it out.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Aurora Skies
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
  • LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wrong Grade at end of Semester

I've sent 4 sims to Uni together. 3 of the 4 had maxed out performance bars and 1 was about 75% full. All 4 aced their final exams, earned the Dean's List moodlet, and were perfectly content. When the report cards arrived, my 3 maxed out sims earned As for the semester and overall Fs (weird, since this was their first semester) and my last sim earned an A for semester and over all. I'm baffled here.

Mac
    No mods now or in the past
    No CC
    Patches up to date
    New household, no other issues.
  • ragynragyn Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    In the University life pack everytime My player returns home from college he is loaded down with bills in his inventory that I can't get rid of. My player had the no bills ever reward placed on him.
  • HamitchellHamitchell Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I have never used mods
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? I have installed UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? updated to current level with installation of game
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download

Problem with 'Missing Texture' on sketch pad. There are no pictures, only the words 'missing texture' on them. Even after hanging them on the wall.
    edited March 2013
    Could we all go back to reading the first page and answering questions in the second post ?

There have been quite a few reports now that either didn't have the questions answered or the bug is already on the list (sometimes even with a solution). You can edit your posts. Haven't done any adding and need to go all posts again anyways that came after Page 52

I'll check back later tonight. Pretty busy with RL atm.
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top