The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• JohnnyDeppLuvaJohnnyDeppLuva Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict

1. Are you on a lot that has a woohoo spot available when calling and someone that is legible to woohoo with ?

- Yes I am, I have tried it in a few different lots now. At first I thought it was because he was living in a dorm but he has since lived in the fraternity and then his own house too but it just doesn't come up at all.

2. I'll add to see if someone else had that issue

- Thank you.

I seem to be having another issue with the smartphone texting now too, even though the Break Up text option comes up, when I click to use it; it then says Your sim doesn't know anyone to text (or something along those lines) so I had to invite each love interest over separately to break up.
  • SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @SapphireDCM: Were you able to choose the extra trait ? Do I understand you right, that your sims weren't able to go home without the mods ? OW had another update today. You should update.

I was able to choose the extra trait. Yes my sims were not able to get home until I installed the mods. I didn't see a update for Overwatch. My page was showing that I already clicked on the link to download it. I did notice that my sim kept getting promotions each time she went to work so my issue is just the missing degree.
  • Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Crinrict - Oh, the door twitching thing was fixed for me after the patch was released but it started up again. And I mean "prepping for class" as in studying. The time before each class can be used for studying, but instead they run over to their next class that doesn't start until 2hrs from then leaving them no time for much interactions.

I wasn't saying that as an issue with the game, but just as a comment about the whole 2hr thing.
  • Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2013
    kellza wrote:
    Gah. I wanna be able to keep the sketches my sim does of her boyfriend!

I found that if you use the buydebug cheat, or if you have WA find one of the chest's and store any photos or things that disappear during the transition back home. The only type of photo that didn't show (for me) was the photobooth one. Other than that, I was able to take my photos home to the EA world with no problem :-) You should try this, I hope that helps :-)
  • OnirinOnirin Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict

I did originally invite someone to my graduation, but I quickly looked it up after feeling something was off and I quit without saving and was able to graduate without inviting anyone.
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @BrandyD83: I did have about 5 love letters in the mailbox which I found a bit much on one week (they were all from the boyfriend).

I'll add you to the statue issue.

We had spring last week with 10-15° C and now we're buried in snow again. It makes me wanna cry.

Calling it a night. I'll update tomorrow and do some blog post updating.

AND SPRINGBOARD DIVING. Yeah!!!

Yes, that is a bit much for one week and to be from one person. Aw, I know the feeling you get a few days of fairly nice weather and then all of a sudden there goes snow.

Have a good night and keep warm! XOXO
  • Dianna07Dianna07 Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    I did my back ups and took the MODs out. I have the same inventory issue with the regular "vanilla" game.
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2013
    @janvel831: Little stressed cause of the pile of things I need to do today. Thursdays are always a lot of running around. It'll be better tomorrow cause I have the whole day to myself and can go springboard diving. Always cheers me up and makes me feel better.

Does your friend show in the relationship panel or also not ? Thanks for the party info. No idea what's going on.

Hi Crin,

My friend does show up in the relationship panel but he is not an option on the phone. Yeah, the parties are not working.

I haven't been able to go to not even one of them. Last night while playing I was invited to another and the person throwing the party was not at home. That was the first time I got that, usually the action just cancells and I can't go at all.

I'm sorry it is snowing there, it is almost spring here and we got almost a foot a week ago, which is a lot for us. I know how you feel. I hope that you had a good time springboard diving, sounds like fun! :)

Thanks again for everything that you do.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @ec1ipsse: RL.

I'll add your report to the issue

@HollownessDevour: Great. I'll add the link

@Dianna07: Did you invite anyone to the graduation ?

Wasn't saying that the mod cause the issues you see now. Just meant it wasn't save to use and can cause issues in the long run. TFM over at the SimsAsylum has one but I don't know if she updated it yet.

@n00biityo: Thank you.

@JohnnyDeppLuva: I'll add then.

I saw that too but it worked when I clicked on the Sim icon on the relationship panel. I think it had the option (I THINK that was it). I'll add though

@SapphireDCM: Did you get any scriptErrors from ErrorTrap ? OW is currently at V92. You should be able to check ingame what version you have. I'll add

@Jazmyne4u2: Ok. Thanks for clearing up. Mine does that too. I think it's by design (whether that is a wise choice is up for debate I guess :))

I think that's how it is for most (twitching)

I think kellza's sketches never make it to the inventory in the first place. Photo booth pictures had that issue to for some.

@Onirin: Thanks. Just to be clear. Did you or did you not have the issue after you've reloaded and did not invite anyone ?

@janvel831: I've added both. Thanks for the follow-up

=== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ====

As always, if you posted your info (whether your issue got added or not), make sure I've added you to this post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page#10303278

If you are on that list, there is no need to repost your info but if something changes, please edit said post or make a new one so I can re-link you.

If I said, I'll add, please make sure you did get added and that I understood your issue correctly.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited March 2013
    I know you're not adding issues, but I have two new ones that I discovered last night.

The first one is that my mailbox is causing my Sims to reset as if I'm putting in the resetSims cheat. From what I can determine, I had mail in the mailbox when I exported the house. (I did that unknowingly.) In the past, if it was just bills or a cut gem, exporting the house would delete those delivers from the household so that the mailbox would work fine. I think what caused the problem is that I had Love Letters in there when I exported the house. The game doesn't delete those for whatever reasons those may be. Now I can't use the mailbox at all, meaning my side job of a Writer can't pick up free copies of books he's written or, more importantly, pay his bills without the "Uh-oh! You have late bills!" prompt coming up.

The second one is something old since it happened with Seasons, but I didn't get an achievement I was suppose to get. My Art Appraiser got his Art Scanner, and there's a badge you can get for scanning five pieces of art while at Level 2 of that career. I scanned all the art in the art gallery, but nothing happened. I even scanned five spray painting Street Art that my Sim did himself and got nothing. I'm pretty sure both avenues should have triggered the achievement, but nothing happened.

Anyway, hopefully the EP patch will be out sooner or later, and hopefully all the traveling issues will be fixed.
  • kmrobson987kmrobson987 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    hi all i downloaded my university life game from origin and its installed they give u a code but when i redister the download code 4 it it says its invalid and i go with it the school spirit pack but that code is invalid aswell any tips how i can sort this out plz :evil: :evil: :evil: be very greatful :):):)
  • LunyKimberlyLunyKimberly Posts: 72 Member
    edited March 2013
    Posted this back in September after SN came out on SimGuruRusskii's thread and never got a response nor has there been any change in the code that I can tell. I'm re-posting here in the hopes that it can get passed on to the appropriate people and this can be "fixed".
    I've discovered an... interesting quirk with the Investment system. If you've got an enterable community lot (Library, Museum, park, etc.) with a rabbithole on it you cannot invest in the lot as a whole - only the rabbithole. Also, the rabbithole on that lot does not have a map tag so in order to invest in that RH, you've got to zoom in to the lot and click the rabbithole or use the phone/computer "Check Real Estate" option.

The best example I can give of this issue right now is the Library/Vault of Antiquity in Moonlight Falls. As long as the Vault is on the Library lot, you cannot invest in the Library (like you can in any other world). If you delete the Vault, then you can invest in the Library like normal.

Would it be possible for the game coders to tweak things so that if a rabbithole is on a comm. lot set to anything BUT Visitors Allowed/No Visitors Allowed they can invest in both the lot and the rabbithole? Even if you've got to invest in both to get everything?

I've just confirmed this is still an issue this morning while troubleshooting for another thread. Placed the Town Life cafe RH on a Vampire lounge in Sunset Valley and couldn't invest in the lounge. Deleted the cafe, was able to invest in the lounge. Used the 'Buy on this Lot' real estate option to add the Cafe and when I went back into Live Mode it told me my property had been edited in Edit Town and sold on my behalf (with the family funds price increase to back up the notice). Went to buy the property again and the lounge wasn't on the investable properties list but the cafe on the lot was.

Haven't been able to try this in Uni or vacation worlds as you can't invest in comm. lots in those worlds (don't think you can buy *any* lot in the Uni world actually) but it's definitely an issue in base/downtown worlds.
  • GrandmaSnoodleGrandmaSnoodle Posts: 397 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello sweetie,
    I have a jump bug issue when negotiating contracts. My Sim will jump across the room and anything I have Q up is gone.

Also the Chemistry station adds a new career outfit every time I use it. I now have over 20 career outfits to delete in plan outfit.
    edited March 2013
    @ crinrict No, I haven't invited anyone to the graduation. I've heard of so many issues with that, I don't even bother to.

EDIT: I created a custom sim in Monte Vista and when I try to go to University, the game crashes and says "The Sims is no longer running. I haven't tried Riverview, but I'm thinking it might be the same deal since they are both custom worlds.

I thank you for starting this bug post :) I'm frustrated though because of the many bugs that the game has, along with the bugs that still remained. I'd rather wait and get a close to bug-free game, than to get a game early and have the bugs to almost were it''s not even fun to play. I love using Monte Vista because I think it's so beautiful (I customize it with the extra lots such as the ones from Showtime), but if I can't play my sims at the University, it defeats the purpose of having bought University or the custom world.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 2013
    Issue: Add me to the barista bar list, although my problem is only with coffees. Energy drinks and tea work just fine.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Only store content, no mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods n/a
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used - this is a new install post-1.50 but pre-UL
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Aurora Skies
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Origin direct download
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Uni world
  • OnirinOnirin Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict

AFTER I reloaded my game. I went through the graduation normally without inviting anyone and went back to the home world and started to have this issue. When I originally invited Sims to my graduation, I quit without saving before I even made it back to the home world.

EDIT: I checked just now and I also cannot view the Sim I'm having trouble with 's family tree (this is in addition to not being able to see her traits, status, career, etc. when her picture is hovered over in the friends list.) Everything else in the bottom Sim interface for her seems to be working though.
  • NuclearMayhemNuclearMayhem Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I've searched and have yet to see anyone mention this error. Sadly I didn't notice it for hours and by then I'd saved and it's not game breaking but annoying anyways.

Seems I've broken my PlantSim :)

Picked up a lovely PlantSim while in University and had her move in. For days she was fine and then all of a sudden she went red from being hungry and having to Pee. So I watched for a while and the moodlets started showing up from being hungry/needing to go. Went home where I still had this mornings save on my home PC played with her for a while and she was fine. Then I found out where it started. Normally going to work/around town she takes a cab but she was tired and I was lazy so I told her to drive around town in the Motive Magenta 3000 that I'd gotten from one of my other sims. Ever since then her hunger/bladder meter would show red arrows and she'd have to eat and pee.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes, mostly buildings and some clothes. I've since taken them out.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - I had small ones but took them out.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I took them out.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Latest ones, but NA as I've been able to recreate it without the mods.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? TS3_1.50.56.0210xx_update was the last one I applied.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Playing an Existing one.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Found her while in University and asked her to move in.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA - Appaloosa Plains
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7/8 (does it on both)
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download version

I'd post a pic with the moodlets but currently having issues trying to upload to photobucket.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited March 2013
    ref my last bug on the crashing issues when saving sometimes

Yes i had built on the second floor on my home lot but it saved fine after that but then later crashed on the home lot again a few times

Then it has also crashed a few times on the Uni lot with no building work done on any lot .

The crashing seems completely random .

also as the post above says my plantsim now needs to eat and pee . Also have the motive magenta on the lot which he had been in . The bars are still covered by the vines but you see the red arrows as the motives drop then they get the pee or hunger needs

I have now completely uninstalled Sims 3 and given up with it as it is just too much hassle constantly playing the same day over and over and hoping it is not going to crash all the time
    After 13 years of constant sim playing i have finally decided enough is enough .
  • FrillyGFrillyG Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@FrillyG: It's on the list. I'll add you but could you please answer all questions in the second post. Thanks

Hi Crinrict, thank you for adding me to the list. I have answered the questions, as follows:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Only store content, no mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods n/a
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game and tried a new game also
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Moonlight Falls
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7 64
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Uni world

Thank you so much for your help :)
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    edited March 2013
    Here's a new issue I've been having:

My sim can't gain athletic on community lots using gym equipment. I can sometimes fix this by having him go swimming or using the kicky bag but not always. It doesn't happen all the time but more often than not it does and it also sometimes happens at home lot as well.

I first found it out in Uni connected to Moonlight Falls and he failed his term in PE due to this bug. I then started over in Barnacle Bay and he wouldn't gain athletic at the firehouse (his LTW). Sent him to Uni in PE and still have issues getting his athletic and therefore his performance meter to rise.

When the athletic does increase, it seems to be very slow compared to what I am used to. This could just be from all the hours exercising and his skill is so low but it could also be slower to gain right now for whatever reason.
  • randamogirlrandamogirl Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? -If by custom content sims 3 store stuff, or things that come with games, yes, not a lot, but some. No mods though.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' -I don't use mods, some people I know messed their game up with them. I only really use Motherlode or Kaching. Sometimes HideheadlineEffects.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) -I once used Testingcheatsenabled to see what it was about a year ago. And I did't know you had to...

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? -(?)

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? -I got university life limited edition on the 11th March.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? -Im guessing this question is N/A.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? -Well, I just got a new (better) laptop, so I transferred all my data over from old to new. That might be it.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? -Made them all myself, between a bit of switching households. (im not very patient for NPC sims to age from teen to young adult)

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? -I have sunset valley and Bridgeport. I did have Riverview, but it got all lag so I deleted it.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? -My new laptop is Windows 8.

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? -I get the DVD versions.

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World -Well, it affects uni as I cant play it. Basicly I sent a sim their, she came back (sent her again to finish) and then when I aged up an NPC (Jett from Bridgeport) I got them married, yet 3 kids in boarding school came back. It stated they were enrolled in boarding school, so they wouldn't go to school, I couldn't re-enrol them, and when I tried to send one of them to uni, it said something like 'Due to unforeseen circumstances, your travel to university has been cancelled. I once also clicked on a sim (one who mysicly came back from boarding school) and then another adult sim, yet the teens sims picture was on the tab bar, along with her details. Yet I was controlling the adult.

I hope I've put this in the right place and I'm sorry if I havn't. Please tell me if Its me or the game as this family once crashed, so I had to remake them, deleting their skills ect, so having to do it again would be a pain. Thanks.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @ZeekSlider: Just not adding more reports for stuff that has already been reported. I'll be adding until at least next Thursday.

1. Guessing that the same as the existing Seasons issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/11/mailbox-doesnt-work.html
    2. I still have several achievements that I fulfilled and never got a badge for. No idea that to do other than trying with a fresh Sim.

@kmrobson987: Yeah, does not belong here. Contact Customer support.

@LunyKimberly: I don't know if this thread gets read and by whom but I'll add

@GrandmaSnoodle: I need you to answer the questions in the second post.

The outfit issue has been there since they introduced the chemistry table.

@Dianna07: Still need your info. Questions in the second post. Can't help here with crashing, you should post about those in the technical forum.

@perfectvelvet: It's on the list. I don't add new people to that since it's very common.

@Onirin: ok. I've added you. Are you willing to try a mod ? Overwatch and/or ErrorTrap should probably be able to correct the corruption. I can't tell you what's causing it in the first place.

Would you be willing to share your savegame with me ?

@NuclearMayhem: I'll add

@julienrob2004: What can I say. Sad to see a Simmer go but you have to do what you have to do. I wish you all the luck in the world and hopefully you find something else that you have more fun with.

@FrillyG: Would you be willing to share your savegame ? I would like to see this for myself.

@jafo88fan: Existing Issue. Only fix I know of is Overwatch.

@randamogirl: That's an existing issue. You can delete them with moveObjects on and they'll be back at boarding school. Make a backup of your savegame before attempting.

Did make a post on the skill issue. I'll add that when I do the adding tomorrow.

Did some testing and I'm gonna update the post on the two main issues. Seem many factors involved and all I can offer mostly is for those who don't wanna use mods, to try figure out if mods can find the root cause so we can not do those (like inviting Uni people to graduation). If you're not opposed to mods yourself, put in Traveler and ErrorTrap and post any errors you get at twallans site. Maybe he can shed some light (I'm also just posting at his site).

Good Night everyone.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @SapphireDCM: Did you get any scriptErrors from ErrorTrap ? OW is currently at V92. You should be able to check ingame what version you have. I'll add

I updated Overwatch. Degree still isn't showing up, but I had another sim that graduated and she got the degree. The only script error that I remember was from a sim in Uni.
  • edited March 2013
    I just purchased University Life a few days ago, and once my female human sim finished a term and returned back home, she got married to a male plant sim she met while at the university. Each time they Try For A Baby, you hear the chime letting you know that the female sim has successfully gotten pregnant, but she never starts showing, or has any of the other signs that she is actually pregnant (throwing up). Even after a few days go past, the female sim never changes into pregnancy clothing.
    edited March 2013
    Info

Everyone
    Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes, I have store content, custom skins. All the mods I have are updated to 1.50
    If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods]
    Yes, Twallan’s various mods. Also some skin detail “maps”.
    If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I’ve tried taking the mods out. Doesn’t work.
    Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Yes
    Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    I have both.
    Which Patch Level are you at ?
    Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    I’ve tried both.
    Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Both
    What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Both EA and Sims Store Custom (Monte Vista and Riverview are what I have.)
    What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7
    Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    I only have download versions.

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Uni-World
    What EPs do you own?
    All current ones and stuff packs.

Some basic Info about your Computer

Processor
    AMD A6-4400M APU
    Graphics
    Radeon ™ HD Graphics 2.70 GHz
    Amount of RAM
    4.00 GB (3.48 GB usable)
    Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) and type?
    Win 7 and 64 bit Operating System.
    Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?
    Yes. Basketball Hoop. Casino. Green House. Market. Tab.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top