Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    heychayheychay Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2013
    Okay... more bugs here. The first one I'm pretty sure is a patch 1.50 issue (tho i can't swear to that, it just reminds me of the refrigerator problem). The rest are university.

Kind of like the issue I was having with the refrigerator... when my sim tried to teach her daughter how to drive, the mom would get in the car, the daughter would just drop the icon and just stand there and idle then wander off to do something else and mom would take off driving on her own. It didn't matter whether I had mom suggest the driving lesson or the daughter, the result was the same. Selling and buying a new car solved the issue. The car was purchased AFTER patch 1.5 and university were installed, however, the driving lesson was given after the mom sim had traveled to the university and back.

I moved the daughter (born after I installed University, if that matters) from Aurora Skies to Sunlit Tides. Since coming back from the University, she's having that same "return from abroad refrigerator issue" that I posted about before.

BIG Bug here - During her first term at the University, she found a boyfriend AT the University. She went home.. all was fine (aside from the buggy fridge that I've replaced at least three times in 5 sim days)... but when she went back to the University, suddenly her boyfriend from there was her room mate and an active (live) part of the household. I tried quitting the game and going back in.. still, when I had her go back to the University, there he was, part of the family.

I haven't played through after going back because I don't want him living with her, so I don't know if he would remain a part of the family when she got back from school or not.

Also, when I had sent mom to the University back in Aurora Skies, when she went back for her second term, her schedule wasn't accurate.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Just textures I downloaded from the exchange. Nothing else.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No mods.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) No, have never used a mod.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? Both

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? My version is 18.0.126.021017

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing for first issue, then new for the University boyfriend becomes household member issue.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Aurora Skies for the driving issue, Sunlit tides for the boyfriend becomes household member at University issue.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited March 2013
    The street art wall tag action seems stuck, can't click on anything but sim panel...objects and Sims are untouchable.

*A blue fist is in the way and everytime I click on something "Must be placed on wall" appears*
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sigh.

I've come back to report that I still cannot catch a bird with my sim in Aurora Skies. Or anyone else in her family.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey there i reported issues with invisible deer sims a few weeks ago i would disregard that information as the new graphics that bought was a lemon. I just got my replacement card today, same model,etc and wow what a difference. So far no invisible sims at all. Just wanted to let you know that it was my faulity equipment that caused that issue not the game itself. Going to run a clean no mod version of AS again and see what comes up error wise and i will let you know if any new undiscovered bugs show up.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to add this one but my sim's NPC uni boyfriend is constantly saying he is hungry after I threw a hunger strike. He even did the hungry action after I cooked a meal and he ate it. Her teacher went to the strike too and is doing the same thing but don't know if she's actually hungry or it's from the strike as well.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes, custom clothes/hairs and a 'no aliens' mod.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do). I took them out, played the game without them for a while and only put in the CC and that alien mod. It's Twallan free for the moment.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? Well... no? As it only stops aliens from appearing, and I made it myself, I thought I'd see how it went. It had been working fine with the last lot of patching and seems to still be fine.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? Uni Life.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? An existing game I made with the last stuff pack.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Existing, but their were fairly new - I got the 70's etc stuff pack not that long ago.
    9. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? Monte Vista.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7.
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD version.
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crin,
    I am reporting a problem while in Uni World.

I sent my Sim back to Uni for the second time. When he was there the first time I had no problems with parties. This time however, not so much. My Sim gets invited to parties and I accept the invitation. The pop up comes that the party is starting and I click on attend party. The action cancels and I am unable to attend. I don't know why this happens now since the first time I had no problems.

Also I noticed that someone posted about a refridgerator bug. I had that same problem when I was playing in Monte Vista and before the patch or University Life was installed. I assumed it was a problem with Monte Vista. When playing that game I had to replace the refridgerator constantly because when I clicked on it my Sims stood there complaining that there was something in the way but there wasn't. I don't know if the two problems are related, but I was having this issue prior to the patch and UL.

Thanks again for all you do :)
  • Options
    mqeliasmqelias Posts: 53 New Member
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict - which thread? sorry..for asking
  • Options
    Contessa_ClaireContessa_Claire Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2013
    I read the first page and tried reading all the answers but nothing specifies what the question was, and I'm not looking through the whole thread to see if someone else has had this problem.

When my sims take a picture together, the active sim is cloned onto the clicked sim. After that they both cannot do anything for a bit (usually until curfew or the venue closes).

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Nothing that would edit interaction files from university (my problem)
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    The updated versions of both
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I had many problems before updating those mods.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Oh, yeah.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    I've loaded a new Starlight Shores, and am having the problem with Natasha Gooder. I also transferred a young adult Bailey Swain from Moonlight Falls to Sunset Valley, and she had the problem
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7, I meet all specs.
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Download
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    Before I dive in to answer your posts, I have some Info about the Twallan Mods issues.

Twallan has a lot of reading to do and is going to fix up the mods soon but please be patient.

The main problem is, that the hard resets coded in ErrorTrap, Overwatch and MasterController can mess-up the academic info of your Sim. Not being able to go to class is one symptom you then see. There could be others. So for the moment, remove those mods and wait for him to update them.

Traveler has the issue that the skills are getting dropped. Twallan is also looking into that.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    @HannaZoja:

The devs only test one EP, that's correct which is one issue. The other is that they don't test existing games either. Twallan is updating soon. OW and MC resets do have the same issue as ET, so it's good to either not use them (turn off stuck sim check in OW) or remove the mods altogether.

@Ricalynn: If you are not opposed to mods you could put in ET (once Twallan's fixed it) and see what error the resetting Sims throws.

I'll add

@linarwing: That's what I mean, yes. Sorry but I wasn't sure if you meant that by fresh install or a complete reinstall (which often leaves the user files behind)

I'll add your issues. Can't think of anything else to try atm

And thanks for the FR but I only accept those from people I feel like I know and have talked to a lot and also do consider actual friends. No offense but I actually accept hardly any. Maybe 2 a year.

@ALittleGlassVial: Did you start a new game with a new Sim after removing the mods ? Is that what you mean by removing the saves ? It's possible that some of the problems with the not-yet-Uni-compatible messed up the Sim.

@CrazyInLove12: Thanks for the info

@krystle0385:
    1. I'll add
    2. Existing issue. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-sim-cant-improve-theirs-skills-vampires-learn-insanely-fast.html
    3. On the list. Delete your cache files.

@janvel831: :D

@kellza: Mine are. So it does sound like a bug. Could you answer the not arriving at Uni thread anyways. You should check if your mods is still up-to-date. I do have a list of XML files that got changed with the patch here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/02/patch-1-50.html

If the file you changed is among them, you should update your mod.

I'll add the hunger strike issue to the unsure bugs to see if anyone else has info.

@oreosncreamforjo55: What does Never used any mods which I am not currently using. Are you or are you not using any ?

1. Did you try pressing the ESC key ?
    2. Did you Sim have a graduation at the Uni yet and did you invite any Sims ?

@A_Mom: Thanks for that info. I'll add to the issue

@xladyj: Ok.

@Motherboard: They are not really greyed out but the Sims that are left behind have a greyish background. Was your family with you ?
    Stuck bill is on the list with solutions (no not mod ones yet though but I have seen a suggestion I need to try out.

@WickedLamb: With backup I mean that you should make a backup before attempting this so you can go back if it didn't work and try something else. Don't have any other suggestions for the moment.

@Terrylin: If you have the time, could you try if you can delete them with moveObjects or maybe testingcheats too (object-delete).

All I know is that if Sims interact with each other, there's a spot reserved for them. Seems that doesn't get cleaned properly and you see the issue. What makes it not being cleaned, I don't know. Did you have do to anything special to make the spots show or did they just appear on reloading the game ? I do plan to make a post on the issue. Can I use your picture ?

@simsolated: Did you try resetting all Sims with resetsim * ? Is it just a stove or other stuff too ? Could you post your basic computer specs ? It might be an issue for the technical forum though.

@gngrsnp: No cc ? Did the alien issue also happen with no mods/cc ? Can't really help with the crash log at all but I'll add to see if others have issues with the object as well.

@heychay:

1. Driving: I've seen issues like that from the beginning. I think it has to do with routing. Sometimes they just can't get there ok. I usually have them go outside (both Sims) and then choose the teach to drive interaction.

Fridge: Have no new insight on that.
    Roommate issue: I'll add you to that.

@flamingtelepaths: Try pressing the ESC key. Please answer the questions in the second post

@lydiad206: I guess I need to pick Twallan's brain on that but not atm.

@svlyn: Thanks for the update

@janvel831:

Parties: what kind of party was it ? Was it maybe thrown at your home dorm or was the host not home at the time of the party ?

Fridge: I'll add you to the issue

@mqelias:

This [Error Analysis] Sim not arriving at University or this: : [Error Analysis] Sim can't return home after Graduation, depending on your issue-

@Contessa_Claire. I believe this to be a mod issue. What mods do you have ? Does it happen too if you remove them all ?

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

Need to attend to some other stuff before I update. Not feeling so swell today. Might not be updating until tonight.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited March 2013
    Just reporting something I noticed in my game.

- Supernaturals disabled does not effect in UNI town. Normal sims will turn into Supernaturals after a while making it impossible to play realistic game.

- Supernaturals are dying easily in UNI, especially vampires. Many sims have also died in hunger.

- My game is still laggy and very slow in Online mode. This can also cause my game to crash very easily and i have had to quit the game from desktop.

- Recently I have also had error code 16 which i have never had before. Not sure when this started to happen exactly. Maybe latest patches or SP. My computer specs are way above the minimum and I am playing with windows 7 64 bit and 5GB of RAM so how could I not have enough RAM?

- I also noticed that with going more than one sim at the uni, only the one that is selected will raise their study meter and others are decreaseing, even if they are doing something that is suppose to raise the study bar.

- I have re-installed my game and played without CC and mods. This does not affect or help resolving above issues in my game.

Thanks!
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited March 2013
    A bug I've noticed since updating to 1.50 and installing University, is adopting a pet from the shelter over the phone. I can only select that pet. I try to select my other household members, but it acts as if it's that specific pet. I've tested this three times, and it did this all three times. I've tried restarting the game and it did not work. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix this problem? I also get this bug from adopting a stray. Oh, and two other people reported this issue in the Pets Bug Thread. I hope they fix this soon. Not being able to adopt a pet is frustrating.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Terrylin: If you have the time, could you try if you can delete them with moveObjects or maybe testingcheats too (object-delete).

All I know is that if Sims interact with each other, there's a spot reserved for them. Seems that doesn't get cleaned properly and you see the issue. What makes it not being cleaned, I don't know. Did you have do to anything special to make the spots show or did they just appear on reloading the game ? I do plan to make a post on the issue. Can I use your picture ?

You can use anything I post. :D When I get back from the Doctors today I will go in my save and move the parents back to the house that has/had them. That will also answer another question; as in does the game clean them up when you move. I will get more pictures for you if they are still there. The one in the Dorm wasn't all the way up and was not stable where the ones in the house were, they looked like an ugly carpet on the floor. The only thing that happened was all my sims went to the kitchen to wash their plate at the same time (naturally LOL) and created a traffic jamb in front of the fridge the night before they showed up. When I came back in to play they weren't on the floor right as I started the game,,,my sim had to do a clinic so I went there and when I can back they showed up. I will play with them some and see what all can be done to/with them. (if they are still in the house) Thank You! :D

Wishing everyone a Fantastic morning/afternoon/evening! :P
  • Options
    simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict yes, i tried resetsim * and its just stove (i guess). computer (notebook) specs basically,
    cpu: core i7, gpu: nvidia gt420m, ram: 8gb ddr3. i think its not about my computer because normally i get around 40 fps or more on highest detail settings.
  • Options
    heychayheychay Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict: I suppose I should have added that I had both the mother and the daughter standing right outside beside the curb for at least three attempts to get them to do the "learn to drive". The mom would get in, wait, then take off driving. The daughter would never get in, even when standing right by the curb.
  • Options
    bamatosbamatos Posts: 17
    edited March 2013
    My sim took the earn 3 degrees lifetime wish, after earning her first degree, she enrolled again, only to get to the University town page where it says 'choose, move in, create' household. I don't know why it's bugging out for her 3rd trip back.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Store content only, no mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used mods.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? All EP and Stuff packs
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    Riverview
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download
  • Options
    oreosncreamforjo55oreosncreamforjo55 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@oreosncreamforjo55: What does Never used any mods which I am not currently using. Are you or are you not using any ?

1. Did you try pressing the ESC key ?
    2. Did you Sim have a graduation at the Uni yet and did you invite any Sims ?

I have a mod that unhides hidden skills. However, I do not think that caused this problem. When I tried clicking on other items in the inventory there was blue fist and I also had a box pop-up and tell me to place the street art.

1. No, I will try that next time. I quit the game and it was okay when I played it later.
    2. Yes. Both parents who disappeared graduated and invited people to their graduations. One parent is now visible.

However the problem with the street art kit happened with both a sim in university and her teenage daughter at home.
  • Options
    TriforceHolderVTriforceHolderV Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    My problem is that my Sim is practically frozen when she came home from university. I've been able to successfully finish 2 terms and come home safely a few times before but for some reason once she got her Fine Arts degree (graduation, diploma, and everything) and came home she wouldn't move. Her face doesn't appear in the green box on the side or above the clock. It's just blank. tried resetSim (didn't work), speeding through the day hoping it was a loading issue, evicting & splitting household then moving her back in, everything i could think of but nothing worked.

:( Anyone else have this issue?

nope, I only download store content.

Same as above.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never downloaded a mod before, ever.

Same as above.

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    Have the actual EP.

6. Which Patch Level are you at?

New household and new game for the purpose of trying out the new EP :)

New Sim altogether.
    EA - Appaloosa Plains

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD version
  • Options
    SmileySimolinaSmileySimolina Posts: 47
    edited March 2013
    1.9 sims in total (7 in my dorm) have died while playing Uni.

2.Mainly Sims from my dorm are not bathing, sleeping or eating (leading to their deaths), this is ruining my game play because my active Sims are constantly mourning and having to rebuild relationships.

3.Fires have been repeatedly breaking out in my dorm (from the stove.)

4.I have Bonehilda on my lot but she is not cleaning up all of the dishes.

5.I am also having the issue of Sims crowding up Uni. doorways.

I have no mods, never used them, I have Seasons and the patch 1.50, I am playing an existing game, they are newly made Sims, I use Windows 7 and DVD version of U.L.
    :D xx

• Options
    edited March 2013
    :oops: I didn't see this before.

Only store content

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    Not applicable

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)?
    Yes but I did not reinstall them

See above post

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?
    I do and I have the latest patch for my game along with University Life

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

Existing one

Existing Sim

Moonlight Falls

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows 8 but I'm running my game in XP SP2 mode

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    PC-DVD for everything
  • Options
    ALittleGlassVialALittleGlassVial Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@ALittleGlassVial: Did you start a new game with a new Sim after removing the mods ? Is that what you mean by removing the saves ? It's possible that some of the problems with the not-yet-Uni-compatible messed up the Sim.

Yes I did. I'm gonna keep playing around with removing/adding saves and hope it works, but I've still been having this problem. :/
    Such a shame. The game is so good.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Update: I restarted my game a while ago and the glitch I was having had went away.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've found a new (minor) bug... you can choose conflicting traits.

For example, my sim is EVIL, FRIENDLY and GOOD at the same time.

Another sim was a CAT PERSON, DOG PERSON and ANIMAL LOVER at the same time.

Also able to choose ARTISTIC and HATES ART at the same time!
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    serenamoonrose20serenamoonrose20 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    my sim was painting street art and got arrested. when the cop took her away not only did it fine me $1000 simolians but she dissappeared as well as all of her stuff and her house. i tried everything even deleting the cop prior to the arrest but she still dissappears. this has happened twice to me. once was at university and once was on my home lot after graduating!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @Jadeleine: Please answer all the questions in the second post

- Did you check if the they options are really off ? Maybe it reset itself ?
    - Maybe connected to the issue that NPC seem to not tend to their needs
    - Error 16 is not a RAM issue (that's error 12). It's a problem with the game not able to write over the existing game. Use save as and delete any .bad folders you might have
    - Interesting, I'll add. Is it always the same one ? Maybe the traits are bad for one ? I'll add

@PrfctAngl673: Please answer all the questions in the second post

You mean as in multi-selecting the portraits ? Yes, seems quite a common issue since the patch. Need to know your info

@Terrylin: Thanks :)

@simsolated: A particular one or any Stove ? Specs look fine

@heychay: I'll add

@bamatos: Did you invite anyone from University to your graduation ? Unfortunately that bugs out the game. I don't know how to fix yet.

@oreosncreamforjo55: Hidden skill mods need updating with almost any EP patches, remove or update and delete your cache files.

I don't think your particular issues are mod related but it still needs updating. I'll add the first one. The second issue is a general issue. There are several symptoms to it but the cause it the inviting Sims which is completely bugged. Do you have a backup ?

@TriforceHolderV: Did you invite someone from Uni to the graduation ? That bugs the Sims out. Don't have a solution other than loading a backup and not invite anyone.

@SmileySimolina:

1. Cause of not taking care of their needs or what was the reason ?
    2. I'll add you to the list
    3. NPC probably don't know how to cook
    4. Did you try getting another one ?
    5. I'll add you to that.

@flamingtelepaths: Thanks. Good to hear that your glitch is gone.

@ALittleGlassVial: Thanks for the clarification. I really don't know what else it could be. I'll add you.

@Desirai: You still didn't answer my questions. Need to know if you have mods

@serenamoonrose20: On the list. I'll add you. Please answer the questions in the second post
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top