Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think this will be the last year for sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    SHKnight wrote: »
    My guess is 2027 when they announce sims 5.

Would Sims 4 even last THAT long? Look at how slower and glitchier Sims 4 is becoming-it's built on a game engine that was never meant for longevity. I can just see Sims 4 in 2027-a completely unplayable mess of glitches,lag,crashes and bugs. I personally think EA needs to end Sims 4 by at least 2023 and move on to Sims 5,otherwise we'll never be able to have Create a World or Create a Style or open worlds or free babies or drivable cars.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited February 2022
    When I joined the forums in 2015 the game was 1 year old and everyone was saying it would be done and dusted in 2020, when that didn’t happen it has been said that every single subsequent year since is the last year. I don’t get the rush. Why not just enjoy it?
    Two things.

1) People aren't necessarily eager. No main Sims game has lasted longer than 5 years until the Sims 4. In fact, it was always either 4 or 5 years. You predict the ending for Sims 4 then not because you necessarily want it over, but because history has made you expect it to end.

2) A lot of people have a hard time enjoying the Sims 4 because it was built upon a shaky foundation from the beginning and many of us felt that before it was proven and without having to think about it. I enjoy what I have well enough, but also think it would be really nice see a new Sims game that actually feels like a proper product of its era, and by this point such a game could feel over a decade ahead of Sims 4 technologically (I don't mean photoreal graphics or how many features it launches with, just a variety of back-end stuff).

As for my expectations, I used to expect the end of the Sims 4 because, like I said, no main Sims game lasted more than five years. Since the Sims 4 has at this point, I'm less sure. However, I am starting to feel like it's getting close to the end for its own reasons now, rather than simple history. While we're still getting packs, Cottage Living was the only Expansion in 2021, and the last roadmap I saw still doesn't have a new expansion on it. The expansion pace was consistent for a long time (even in 2020), and it suddenly slowing to a crawl makes me think that they might finally be winding down.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I predict it has another year+, with a new sims game coming in fall of 2024. EA said that they will support the game for many years, but I don't know if that translates into making new content. That said, there are a few things that make me wonder about the devs, namely, they're talking about things like a lore update, releasing a pronoun update, and mobility aids were hinted at in the November stream. Why include any of these things if TS5 is coming soon? All of those things are expensive and time-consuming.

I also wonder if the team is just now significantly smaller, leading to less packs being released for that reason. EA is notorious for trying to save money where it can.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    I predict it has another year+, with a new sims game coming in fall of 2024. EA said that they will support the game for many years, but I don't know if that translates into making new content. That said, there are a few things that make me wonder about the devs, namely, they're talking about things like a lore update, releasing a pronoun update, and mobility aids were hinted at in the November stream. Why include any of these things if TS5 is coming soon? All of those things are expensive and time-consuming.

I also wonder if the team is just now significantly smaller, leading to less packs being released for that reason. EA is notorious for trying to save money where it can.

Your guess is as good as mine
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    What infuriates me is that there's so much missing and instead of THAT, they give us a Game pack about, you heard them... WEDDINGS.

But Kit packs have been invented so that EA can keep releasing these constantly, they don't have to do a jot of gameplay - as we all saw there is only ONE gameplay kit thus far of... how many kits in six months were pounded out again?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Jokubas wrote: »
    When I joined the forums in 2015 the game was 1 year old and everyone was saying it would be done and dusted in 2020, when that didn’t happen it has been said that every single subsequent year since is the last year. I don’t get the rush. Why not just enjoy it?
    Two things.

1) People aren't necessarily eager. No main Sims game has lasted longer than 5 years until the Sims 4. In fact, it was always either 4 or 5 years. You predict the ending for Sims 4 then not because you necessarily want it over, but because history has made you expect it to end.

2) A lot of people have a hard time enjoying the Sims 4 because it was built upon a shaky foundation from the beginning and many of us felt that before it was proven and without having to think about it. I enjoy what I have well enough, but also think it would be really nice see a new Sims game that actually feels like a proper product of its era, and by this point such a game could feel over a decade ahead of Sims 4 technologically (I don't mean photoreal graphics or how many features it launches with, just a variety of back-end stuff).

As for my expectations, I used to expect the end of the Sims 4 because, like I said, no main Sims game lasted more than five years. Since the Sims 4 has at this point, I'm less sure. However, I am starting to feel like it's getting close to the end for its own reasons now, rather than simple history. While we're still getting packs, Cottage Living was the only Expansion in 2021, and the last roadmap I saw still doesn't have a new expansion on it. The expansion pace was consistent for a long time (even in 2020), and it suddenly slowing to a crawl makes me think that they might finally be winding down.

I find it ironic how the (arguably) worst iteration of the series is the longest running.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    RitaMary wrote: »
    When TS5 begins, it will just be the base game at first. That will really suck.

That doesn't have to be true. As long as the base game offers enough variety and depth, it should not matter if we have to wait for more content via expansions again.

The Sims 4 was barebones at the start, and it still is with a million packs.

Sims 3 basegame and even Sims 2 base games were really good on its own already and kept players well entertained before the first EP released.

I found that Sim2 was an amazing leap from the original Sims so most of us loved it right from the start. But 3 got a lot of backlash at the time
    because even though they added community they were rabbit holes.
    Burrito babies will limited gameplay. Open world was cool I will admit but I felt I had more moveability and freedom in Sims 2.

And yes 4 was also barebones. And though the babies had legs once again as in 3 pretty much no gameplay with them. In fact worse as they had become an object.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    It's already outlived all the predecessors. Usually it followed a pattern, but Sims 4 has gone on longer.
    What is there left to do? Not a huge amount, just bits here and there. They've done seasons, Uni, pets, a sort of generations with Parenthood, a not so great copy of Island Paradise, some of the occults but not all, Get to Work which covered the business side.
    If it was the final year I wouldn't be surprised, except there's been no hints about a 5th. Wouldn't we have heard something by now?

What is there left to do? Uh....a lot? Still quite a lot of things missing. Like better babies? More traits? Base game refresh? Pack refreshes? Bands? Bug fixes? A lot of bugs here lately.

And anyway didn't they say they're going to support Sims 4 for more years to come? I think they said that last year or something.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I gave up on this game way back when Discover University was released. I was so excited for that pack and when I finally got it, it was nothing like I expected. I am so ready for Sims 5 and some new gameplay. I have gone to mobile gaming and Sims 2 until the next generation of this game comes just to see if it will hold my interest. I think my problem was that so much was missing upon release that I never really enjoyed it. I hope things aren't left out of the base game like they were this time around.
  • Options
    BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    I love the sims 4, and i'm agree, Willow Creek and Oasis Sping need a good refresh
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2022
    tbh I'm tired of people trying to predict when TS4 ends it does when it does and before that id prefer to pretend it never does

for me I'd rather they improve TS4 as long as possible adding everything possible

than start waiting games all over again with new base game that btw could still be worse than TS4

+for me there is thousand things left to do with ts4
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    tbh I'm tired of people trying to predict when TS4 ends it does when it does and before that id prefer to pretend it never does

for me I'd rather they improve TS4 as long as possible adding everything possible

than start waiting games all over again with new base game that btw could still be worse than TS4

+for me there is thousand things left to do with ts4

I get how what you mean but this is not an I wish sims 4 would end thread its just I think even though there are a lot
    of things I still want for the game. @Simmingal
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2022
    It's already outlived all the predecessors. Usually it followed a pattern, but Sims 4 has gone on longer.
    What is there left to do? Not a huge amount, just bits here and there. They've done seasons, Uni, pets, a sort of generations with Parenthood, a not so great copy of Island Paradise, some of the occults but not all, Get to Work which covered the business side.
    If it was the final year I wouldn't be surprised, except there's been no hints about a 5th. Wouldn't we have heard something by now?

What is there left to do? Uh....a lot? Still quite a lot of things missing. Like better babies? More traits? Base game refresh? Pack refreshes? Bands? Bug fixes? A lot of bugs here lately.

And anyway didn't they say they're going to support Sims 4 for more years to come? I think they said that last year or something.

Yeah, they said it but...look at what's happening lately. They might support it but...how much support are we talking about? And how much more content are we talking about? Are we talking about expansion packs, larger game updates and a lot of bug fixes or half-finished updates, kits and some small bug fixes every month?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member

I certainly hope they don’t give up on sims 4 till after babies are refreshed. And I’m sure a lot of occult simmers don’t want them to give up till after Fairy’s and werewolves have been brought out. Even though I’m not a big occult player, I would like to see werewolves come out so we can give our sims body hair.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I certainly hope they don’t give up on sims 4 till after babies are refreshed. And I’m sure a lot of occult simmers don’t want them to give up till after Fairy’s and werewolves have been brought out. Even though I’m not a big occult player, I would like to see werewolves come out so we can give our sims body hair.

me to
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    The Laundry List sounds like the last effort before the end.

But in 2021 Maxis hired a pathfinder for TS4, it makes me think there will be another 5-year cycle.
  • Options
    wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    I'm torn about this. One one hand, there is so much more they can do with TS4, and much more scope to develop it further and really cater to what us players have been asking for to make it an excellent game BUT...I am getting fed up of them releasing new packs which seem to be 'half baked', like they're good but not great. I remember getting SO excited for the release of each sims 3 expansion, and I was never disappointed and it always kept me busy for hours and hours. This is not the case for TS4.
    I feel like alot of the packs for TS4 are just very basic and are not pushed as far as they can go, content wise.

So I am looking forward to TS5, hopefully they won't release it 'bare bones' like they always do.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    wrathykins wrote: »
    I'm torn about this. One one hand, there is so much more they can do with TS4, and much more scope to develop it further and really cater to what us players have been asking for to make it an excellent game BUT...I am getting fed up of them releasing new packs which seem to be 'half baked', like they're good but not great. I remember getting SO excited for the release of each sims 3 expansion, and I was never disappointed and it always kept me busy for hours and hours. This is not the case for TS4.
    I feel like alot of the packs for TS4 are just very basic and are not pushed as far as they can go, content wise.

So I am looking forward to TS5, hopefully they won't release it 'bare bones' like they always do.

Of course it's going to be bare bones, how else are they going to do expansions otherwise?
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    wrathykins wrote: »

Of course it's going to be bare bones, how else are they going to do expansions otherwise?

But that cycle needs to be broken. Not that they would break it because milking a game dry seems to be part of the deal with every new iteration.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    12 months without new gameplay ?
    • No new Expansion Pack was released in November. The next one is probably planned for this Summer.
    • GP11 My Wedding Stories is more a "Refresh" update for the basegame gameplay. It was "half-baked".
    • No new Stuff Pack has been released since January 2021
    • No Gameplay Kit came after K04 Bust The Dust in March 2021

It's the first time no new gameplay is added for months, I'm very curious to know why.

I'm optimistic about it, Maxis is certainly working hard on big projects for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    @LeGardePourpre we got Cottage Living in July of last year.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    There also seems to be a new maxis studio opening up in Europe. Idk what country specifically because they also allow remote options and accept ppl from various countries. There is also another studio in Texas. It seems tho that studio is developing a new ip separate from the sims series. But a new experience designer for sims 4 lives in Texas. But they also hire ppl remotely anywhere in North America.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    There also seems to be a new maxis studio opening up in Europe. Idk what country specifically because they also allow remote options and accept ppl from various countries. There is also another studio in Texas. It seems tho that studio is developing a new ip separate from the sims series. But a new experience designer for sims 4 lives in Texas. But they also hire ppl remotely anywhere in North America.

Yeah, that was...last year I think? Or was it two years ago? I haven't seen that studio mentioned in the credits but they are supposedly working on the sims4.

It almost feels like their new IP from Texas is getting closer to release than The Sims 5, Sims Community reported last year some information about it.
  • Options
    @LeGardePourpre we got Cottage Living in July of last year.

Yes, EP12 may come 1 year later (June, July or August ???)
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    edited March 2022
    I predict that the sims 4 will become the sims 5. Why build a whole new game when you can just refresh the existing content to satisfy old players and gain new ones?