Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think this will be the last year for sims 4

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    It's already outlived all the predecessors. Usually it followed a pattern, but Sims 4 has gone on longer.
    What is there left to do? Not a huge amount, just bits here and there. They've done seasons, Uni, pets, a sort of generations with Parenthood, a not so great copy of Island Paradise, some of the occults but not all, Get to Work which covered the business side.
    If it was the final year I wouldn't be surprised, except there's been no hints about a 5th. Wouldn't we have heard something by now?

I could be remembering wrong, but we didn't get any official announcement regarding TS4 until around a half year before the final EP came out, and we didn't get a lot of news or promotional stuff on it until well after that. I just seem to recall the "TS4 hype" starting just as the TS3 development train was in the wind-down phase.
    Back then, they also always announced upcoming EP's way earlier than they do now for TS4. I miss the days of knowing more precisely what is coming nearly a year ahead of time.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @Stormkeep I remember when Roaring Heights (store world) came out there was a montage of the Sims's 4 characters carved on the outside of the Town Hall. That was around the time simguru Smitty left and it was her last world.
    By the time Into the Future arrived it was pretty much overshadowed because everyone knew Sims 4 was just right around the corner.
    There were definite hints. But that isn't happening just now unless I've missed something.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    When I joined the forums in 2015 the game was 1 year old and everyone was saying it would be done and dusted in 2020, when that didn’t happen it has been said that every single subsequent year since is the last year. I don’t get the rush. Why not just enjoy it? Why is everyone so eager to see the back of it, I mean I get it from the “Sims 4 can never and will never do anything right by me” crowd. But I see it posted from people who say they love it too.

My son has a job that requires he travel out of town, and every time he calls to say he’s going I ask when he will be back, and every time he gives me an estimate but says “but mom, I won’t really know until I’m actually in the car driving home”. It’s the same for the game, if you’re enjoying it then be in the moment and enjoy it, it won’t be over until the devs say it’s going to be over. I for one am in in rush to start over with nothing and if it’s all of the online, multiplayer, subscription nonsense that’s rumored well then, this will be my stop and the rest of the sims universe can move on without me.

I think seven years is enough time to enjoy a game. DLC's are a nice extra, but they can't carry the game forever. I know there's still new players coming in and checking out TS4 and they've got a huge backlog to enjoy. But there comes a time where you've seen most of it and then it just gets repetitive.

The animations for socializing, cooking, kissing, etc, those haven't really changed much since launch, nor have most of the game's gameplay mechanics, or the sim's voices for that matter. We've been listening to the same lines of Simlish for seven years, making emotion potions for seven years, children haven't had a single new aspiration added in seven years. There are so many aspects of this game that have gotten bland. Not because they're bad, but because they're old. Like eating your favorite meal every day of the week.

And honestly, I think a lot of simmers are feeling these frustrations. There's been so many packs, so much stuff added, and still it doesn't feel complete. Which might mean either the devs don't know what we want, or they know what we want, but it's just not possible. I sure as heck don't want to believe they're doing it on purpose and they've told us they're hearing us, time and time again. So, it must be a problem with the game itself. Cars, babies, better relationships, better economy, all the bugs that need fixing, etc. People have made better lists than me. Those things may never come to this game. But they have said they're listening, so we've got plenty of reason to believe they WILL be in TS5. Or at the very least, that the engine is going to be designed to support them.

Anyway, that's why I'm hoping for a new iteration. And it's not like TS4 is going anywhere once they stop making packs for it. All the previous games still have huge community support and plenty of people are still playing them.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't have a lot of hope for sims 5 because of people saying it will be online and if it is I don't think I will like it.
    for me sims is my me time. so I wouldn't want other people in my game.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't have a lot of hope for sims 5 because of people saying it will be online and if it is I don't think I will like it.

I think a lot of us long-time simmers share that view. I had the same reservations leading up to TS4, fortunately they shifted focus and the game we got wasn't the game they originally were planning.

Mind you, I'm not opposed to 'online features' ... like the gallery, which I love. But if it follows the model of requiring a server connection just to play, then I'm out. I'll just keep playing TS4 (and 3...and 2...) until I die.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022

I have a little more hope... because EA have started to become a little more interested in single player games lately with games in development like SKATE 4, Dead Space, a sequel to Star Wars Jedi Fallen order, Dragon Age 4 (which was supposed to have multiplayer but they removed it) and the next Mass Effect.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    logion wrote: »

I have a little more hope... because EA have started to become a little more interested in single player games lately with games in development like SKATE 4, Dead Space, a sequel to Star Wars Jedi Fallen order, Dragon Age 4 (which was supposed to have multiplayer but they removed it) and the next Mass Effect.

I hope your right .
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    When TS5 begins, it will just be the base game at first. That will really suck.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @Pamtastic72 off-topic, but I'm silly-excited over that option in the new game pack! Five more days! Woot!!! <3

@HillyBeth Which option in the new game pack?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Unless something extreme happens, there’s no reason for the team to stop production. I personally believe that development will continue for a couple more years.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    If we're making semi-educated guesses, I'm thinking Sims 5 in 2025 - 25th anniversary of the Franchise thing. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the goal behind the scenes at any rate. Whether or not they make that... that's yet to be seen.

And I could be totally wrong too.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I think they’re still working on Sims 5, so I think Sims 4 will last a couple more years until the Sims 5 is polished enough.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Not until R&B station comes back
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    the reason I think this is because they haven't said sims 4 has years to go the way they often do this time of year.

I hope not. I'm not ready for TS4 to end yet.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    the reason I think this is because they haven't said sims 4 has years to go the way they often do this time of year.

I hope not. I'm not ready for TS4 to end yet.

How long will this game will last ?When Sims 5 is ready they will switch. Each year the ai is getting more worse .This game was not mean for longetivity .
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I hope Sims 4 continues until it finally puts the missing things in the game as well as having the 7 year problems fixed & refreshed.
    Newer isn't always better. I learned that the hard way when Sims 4 Base was released back in September 2014.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Nah, there's at least one more. And it could still continue a year after a new sims gen comes out.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I hope not. I don't want to start over. A new edition of the sims(sims 5) will feel hollow for the first few years while the community complains about lack of seasons, pets, university, cars... on and on. I would rather keep getting new content and improvements for the game we already have.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I don't think this is necessarily the last year for Sims 4 but realistically in two years it will be 10 years old.
    Unless Maxis EA are seriously considering going over 10 years(?!) then I predict that most (if not all) will have been assigned to production of EPs, GPs and SPs. Covid and lockdown must have put a massive spanner in the works which (speculating here) has meant fewer things could be put into this "final" 2 year plan.

Basically I think things are in the pipeline but that it's unlikely there are things left to put on the planning table.

I'm open to a Sims 5 but tbh I've been disappointed with the base games of Sims 3/Sims 4. Based on the community still debating Sims 2/3 being better than Sims 4 it looks like I'm not the only one.

Unless there is a substantially better base game for Sims 5 then I'm not sure I'd be interested. I'm not sure I have the patience to wait around for EPs like Pets and Seasons if the actual base game isn't full of gameplay surrounding the Sims themselves.
  • Options
    heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member
    I have been hoping for the end of Sims 4 for years. I loved Sims 3 open worlds and content, but the lag and gradual game corruption sucked. Sims 4 has seemed like such a letdown with each new pack containing less and less. I am sorry the wedding pack seems lovely and adds content, but no real game play, where is the romance? Why would they leave that out unless they plan to charge another $20-$40. for a romance pack.

I loved the variety of play available with Sims 3, the supernatural were fleshed out and playable. As much as some people like playing normal sims life, some also like playing the fantasy we don't get in real life. Sims 3 took care of pretty close to all players' needs. I would still be playing it if I had a good gaming desktop instead of a gaming laptop. I try to play different challenges just to keep from being too bored with the repetitive game play of Sims 4.

I get so excited for each new pack announcement, but once it is out it seems like it is bare bones. Now I just keep hoping for a Sims 5 announcement, with hopes of a return to Sims 3 style world and fleshed out packs. But with each year with lack of any kind of Sims 5 information, I don't let my hopes get up too much. I am afraid of what Sims 5 is going to look like. I would not mind multiplayer at all if is optional to actually interact with others. I think a separate multiplayer city where people could own an apartment, but others could just visit for a day of shopping or vacation would be awesome. As long as I could go back to my own little world!!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2022
    RitaMary wrote: »
    When TS5 begins, it will just be the base game at first. That will really suck.

That doesn't have to be true. As long as the base game offers enough variety and depth, it should not matter if we have to wait for more content via expansions again.

The Sims 4 was barebones at the start, and it still is with a million packs.

Sims 3 basegame and even Sims 2 base games were really good on its own already and kept players well entertained before the first EP released.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    One can only hope
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I think I read the same thoughts 3 years ago. Could it be the last year? Sure, it's possible. and the content definitely feels like it's scraping the bottom of the barrel. Which is funny because there's still so many good ideas out there that haven't been done. But I do feel like it's likely we'll get content into next year.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I predict Sims 5 in 2025 - they love a good round number and it would fit the timelines for new content, assuming we still have 2-3 new EPs left to go.

Or maybe the dissatisfaction with TS4 will be the end of the whole franchise.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    SHKnightSHKnight Posts: 6 New Member
    My guess is 2027 when they announce sims 5.