Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think this will be the last year for sims 4

comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
the reason I think this is because they haven't said sims 4 has years to go the way they often do this time of year.
more for sim kids and more drama please
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    the reason I think this is because they haven't said sims 4 has years to go the way they often do this time of year.

They did say it not that long ago though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    Eh, maybe they're looking to the future, but I don't think this is the last year. I mean, looking into the descriptions on some of the items, it could be argued that they may be planning a time travel pack which was the last pack for Sims 3 and would be an ending pack for Sims 4, but I don't think we're getting into those weeds this year.
    edited February 2022
    Last year they said they are looking at going on as many as 10 years or more with the game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    When I joined the forums in 2015 the game was 1 year old and everyone was saying it would be done and dusted in 2020, when that didn’t happen it has been said that every single subsequent year since is the last year. I don’t get the rush. Why not just enjoy it? Why is everyone so eager to see the back of it, I mean I get it from the “Sims 4 can never and will never do anything right by me” crowd. But I see it posted from people who say they love it too.

My son has a job that requires he travel out of town, and every time he calls to say he’s going I ask when he will be back, and every time he gives me an estimate but says “but mom, I won’t really know until I’m actually in the car driving home”. It’s the same for the game, if you’re enjoying it then be in the moment and enjoy it, it won’t be over until the devs say it’s going to be over. I for one am in in rush to start over with nothing and if it’s all of the online, multiplayer, subscription nonsense that’s rumored well then, this will be my stop and the rest of the sims universe can move on without me.

I'm not in a rush sims 4 is my favorite sims game and there is still a lot I want for it.
    I just have a feeling this year that its the last. @Pamtastic72
    edited February 2022
    I hope I'm wrong. sims 4 is my favorite game not just sims game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Until then everything is just Speculation.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    It's not. Didn't they say there's many more years to come last year? Or the year before? I don't know about you but 1-2 years is not many to me.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    From the perspective of a game developer like EA, it's all about business--they will weigh the money-making opportunities of TS4 vs that of developing and releasing TS5.

TS4 will be around for quite a while, simply because there's so much more money to be made from it
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Idk if they're planning for it to be, but with everything being as laggy and glitchy as it is, and packs becoming more and more bare bones, I wouldn't be surprised if sales are going to be dropping a lot in the near future.
    greydonn wrote: »
    It's not. Didn't they say there's many more years to come last year? Or the year before? I don't know about you but 1-2 years is not many to me.

Yes, they said it in Spring of last year. Which I guess someone can say "yah, but that was a long time ago.". But really, it's not that long ago and in my mind, if someone says "were doing this for many more years" I don't need them to keep repeating it to take them at their word, until they contradict themselves the original statement stands. Just mho.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Pamtastic72 off-topic, but I'm silly-excited over that option in the new game pack! Five more days! Woot!!! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @Pamtastic72 off-topic, but I'm silly-excited over that option in the new game pack! Five more days! Woot!!! <3

me to.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    It's all up to EA/Maxis. If they want to end Sims 4 soon,then let them end Sims 4. Sims 3 didn't disappear when Sims 4 was launched-in fact,sims 3 is STILL around. Sims 4 isn't going to disappear whenever Sims 5 is launched-it will still be there.

If EA/Maxis does end Sims 4 this year or next year,then they have every right to end sims 4. We can't stay stuck in the Sims 4 Era forever and ever and ever-we all have to embrace the future and move on to Sims 5 sooner or later. If we stay stuck in the Sims 4 Era,then we'll never get open worlds or Create-a-Style or drivable cars or free babies or other features from Sims 1-3,because the Sims 4 engine simply cannot handle all those things.

Look at the bright side-if Sims 4 does end this year or next year,we'll be able to have drivable cars and free babies and other all sorts of diversity in Sims 5. Who knows-we might even get to have color wheels for cars and houses as well as Sims and Sim pets!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    If it is they'll have to hurry up with Generations, hotels, and the rest of the occults. I don't want the game to end before they're added
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I hope not. I'm enjoying Sims 4 and I would like a few more expansion packs before they more on to Sims 5.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    Lets admit, we're all going to stay like at least couple more years in TS4 before we decide to move to TS5. Same thing that happened with TS3 lol
    The idea of vanilla/plain Sims game terrifies me (especially if it was as lacking in content as TS4 base game was)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I personally don't think this is the last year, there's been too many job postings in the last few months to indicate to me that it's ending any time soon. And these job postings specifically stated they are for Sims 4, not "The Sims".

So yeah, I don't see it happening, not that I'm not ready to find out what it will be like, but I don't think anybody has anything to worry about.

Course, I also don't think everything everybody is wanting, will happen before it ends either. It literally takes them F-O-R-E-V-E-R to make a GP and/or EP and unless they have been working on these wanted packs for a long time, I don't see some of them coming. They seem way too focused on making what they want instead of what people have been asking for.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Uaexep wrote: »
    Lets admit, we're all going to stay like at least couple more years in TS4 before we decide to move to TS5. Same thing that happened with TS3 lol
    The idea of vanilla/plain Sims game terrifies me (especially if it was as lacking in content as TS4 base game was)

Agreed 100%
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2022
    I personally don't think this is the last year, there's been too many job postings in the last few months to indicate to me that it's ending any time soon. And these job postings specifically stated they are for Sims 4, not "The Sims".

So yeah, I don't see it happening, not that I'm not ready to find out what it will be like, but I don't think anybody has anything to worry about.

Course, I also don't think everything everybody is wanting, will happen before it ends either. It literally takes them F-O-R-E-V-E-R to make a GP and/or EP and unless they have been working on these wanted packs for a long time, I don't see some of them coming. They seem way too focused on making what they want instead of what people have been asking for.

That's really interesting. Is it possible they're short staffed? SimGuruRuskii just left and I think there were some departures before the Holidays.
    Kironide wrote: »

That's really interesting. Is it possible they're short staffed? SimGuruRuskii just left and I think there were some departures before the Holidays.

We know they are working on TS5 too, so some of the TS4 team may have been diverted in that direction. i.e. even though the hiring is specifically for TS4, that doesn't indicate that TS5 isn't a factor in it.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »

We know they are working on TS5 too, so some of the TS4 team may have been diverted in that direction. i.e. even though the hiring is specifically for TS4, that doesn't indicate that TS5 isn't a factor in it.

True and very interesting. I wonder if recruitment has been more difficult because of the pandemic.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022
    If you mean "last year" with The Sims 5 being released in 2023, that's possible...

But I think I read somewhere that they tend to plan content for three years ahead, if them starting to do seasons (Summer of Sims, Seasons of Selves etc.) was the beginning of a new three year plan, then they should have content planned for 2022 and 2023 and be done by summer 2024.
    Post edited by logion on
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Personally I think the last year will be 2023, and Sims 5 will come out in 2024. It makes sense releasing the new Sims game after 10 years.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    It's already outlived all the predecessors. Usually it followed a pattern, but Sims 4 has gone on longer.
    What is there left to do? Not a huge amount, just bits here and there. They've done seasons, Uni, pets, a sort of generations with Parenthood, a not so great copy of Island Paradise, some of the occults but not all, Get to Work which covered the business side.
    If it was the final year I wouldn't be surprised, except there's been no hints about a 5th. Wouldn't we have heard something by now?