Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I have quite a collection of occult fantasy households that I've made for quite a few years now. I have some fake Werewolves, Genies & Fairies, as well as some Angels & Demons. I only play vanilla but I so use my Sims 4, trait codes & CAS to make my hybrids.
    They are all saved under my username SEREFRAS in the Gallery, if anyone is interested. And please, if you like to play with them just credit me for making them it. Thank you & have fun. ;)
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I have quite a collection of occult fantasy households that I've made for quite a few years now. I have some fake Werewolves, Genies & Fairies, as well as some Angels & Demons. I only play vanilla but I so use my Sims 4, trait codes & CAS to make my hybrids.
    They are all saved under my username SEREFRAS in the Gallery, if anyone is interested. And please, if you like to play with them just credit me for making them it. Thank you & have fun. ;)

Oh wow, thank you. <3

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Hello, travelers. Lovely to see such lively…um…spirited…ah…animated… well… discussion here at the Blue Moon. Just a reminder, today is National Inventors Day in some parts of the world. So, if you are a deliciously deranged scientist or a servo, all drinks are 2 for the price of one.
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Nice to meet you @cyncie you have a vivid place here. Please, one Olive Oil Cocktail: Shaken, not stirred! Yes, you heard right, my eh uh beloved creator told me that I am an Eco Servo or something like that. Well, my creator is a powerful spellcaster but he has some issues. Actually I'm here because I'm looking some help for him. I try first at Strangerville, my home town; but things there are weirder than usual:

A few days ago I went to our town Night Club, it was really crowded! I was just about to cross the street to enter there when out of the blue a crazy Scientist arrived. And then boom! She put all the people to sleep! :o

eT1b8Ky.png
    jwSFuxE.png

After that she danced happily and then went to have a drink... I took courage and went to ask her why she had done that: I love dancing but I dislike crowds.

I was about to ask her for help for my creator, but she didn't seem trustworthy to me. So I move on and now I'm here.

Another round, please.

You ask what is the problem with my creator? Well, I told you he is a spellcaster, right? but he is convinced that he is a servo! :s

Ryt1iCq.png
    ieDOp4u.png

My Servo friends and I have spoken with him, as in an intervention, but he always think we are joking! And it's even worse: he is also paranoid and he is possessed by some creepy creature that some sims call Mother. Every night he run away from home and go around the neighborhood. We're tired of trying to catch him :'(

5OyfCZ9.png

Mmm this Olive Oil has an exquisite bouquet B)

So if you know anyone who can help our creator let me know. Here is my number...

I think it's cloudy, I have to go before it rains, Servos and rain don't mix well. Take care!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Hello, travelers. Lovely to see such lively…um…spirited…ah…animated… well… discussion here at the Blue Moon. Just a reminder, today is National Inventors Day in some parts of the world. So, if you are a deliciously deranged scientist or a servo, all drinks are 2 for the price of one.

Wait. Can servos drink? Wouldn't that rust their circuits?
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    cyncie wrote: »

Wait. Can servos drink? Wouldn't that rust their circuits?

Ah. Not being a scientific type, I wouldn’t know. I suppose we’ll find out. How exciting!
  • Options
    Just downloaded and testing out this fairy mod

https://www.patreon.com/posts/sims-4-fairies-52330299

So far so good, it's a tad on the tinkerbell side with somethings, but with a bit of game play imagination you can make it something more akin to traditional fae.

Three of my spellcasters are now going to be joining the ranks of the good folk instead. :)

• Options
    Okay still investigating the mod I mentioned above. Whilst we we're waiting for Sims 4 to add their version of faeries I'm actually enjoying this mod a lot. Just figured out you can turn off the more sparkly elements for some more semi-realistic looking fae mythology play. The three Sims I've chosen to become fae (all daughters of Grim and Aislinn) are Myrtha, Artemis and Phoebe. Myrtha is named after the Queen of the Wiles in Giselle so I've given her power source as darkness and she will be the fae that destroys lovers who betray or scorn their love (actually fits in well with her story, because she's had a couple of NPC relationships I let develop naturally that were completely disasterous and ended in betrayal); Artemis is the Goddess of the Moon and The Wild Hunt so I'm mixing mythologies here, but I've made her a fae that draws power from the moon (one of the Aos Si perhaps), and then there's Phoebe, named after the Greek titaness associated with the Delphi Oracle (mixing mythologies again) who taps her power sauce from water (water as in myths associated with water as a divination tool or holder of knowledge, eg Cerridwen's Cauldron, the Salmon of Knowledge, etc).

I've also created a new Sim that I've named Leanan Sidhe, yes 'that' Leanan Sidhe for those who are familiar with faery lore. She's beautiful, ethereal, has the wings of a dragonfly (water association), lives near a river (traditionally I believe it's one of the seas off Scotland), loves to lure folks to her side with promises of incredible leaps of creativity, but her lovers never seem to live very long. I'm considering playing a scenario with her where she ends up with one of my vampire Sims and can't figure out why they're not dying like they're supposed to so she can move onto the next victim. :D

When it comes to making do with occults and mods a little bit of imagination goes a long way, but hey I like imagination. :)

• Options
    emere wrote: »
    Nice to meet you @cyncie you have a vivid place here. Please, one Olive Oil Cocktail: Shaken, not stirred! Yes, you heard right, my eh uh beloved creator told me that I am an Eco Servo or something like that. Well, my creator is a powerful spellcaster but he has some issues. Actually I'm here because I'm looking some help for him. I try first at Strangerville, my home town; but things there are weirder than usual:

A few days ago I went to our town Night Club, it was really crowded! I was just about to cross the street to enter there when out of the blue a crazy Scientist arrived. And then boom! She put all the people to sleep! :o

eT1b8Ky.png
    jwSFuxE.png

After that she danced happily and then went to have a drink... I took courage and went to ask her why she had done that: I love dancing but I dislike crowds.

I was about to ask her for help for my creator, but she didn't seem trustworthy to me. So I move on and now I'm here.

Another round, please.

You ask what is the problem with my creator? Well, I told you he is a spellcaster, right? but he is convinced that he is a servo! :s

Ryt1iCq.png
    ieDOp4u.png

My Servo friends and I have spoken with him, as in an intervention, but he always think we are joking! And it's even worse: he is also paranoid and he is possessed by some creepy creature that some sims call Mother. Every night he run away from home and go around the neighborhood. We're tired of trying to catch him :'(

5OyfCZ9.png

Mmm this Olive Oil has an exquisite bouquet B)

So if you know anyone who can help our creator let me know. Here is my number...

I think it's cloudy, I have to go before it rains, Servos and rain don't mix well. Take care!

I would love to know more about your Sims. Their story sound utterly fascinating. :)

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Is there something in Windenberg that makes you think of fairies and werewolves? I was hoping there were fairies in Willow Creek somewhere when I saw the mushroom fairy rings in Sylvan Glade, but then I realized it was sadly just a mirage. Hopefully we get them one day. I really want a medieval fantasy pack too, with knights, princesses, dragons and quests.

There are fairies IN Sylvan Glade, but they're the tiny delicate kind that may be hard to see. You can often hear them giggling before you see them.

You can see actual fairies, not just balls of light? I've only seen balls of light though the thinking laugh led me everywhere looking for them. I used a mod to make a full sized fairy sim and made him a house in sylvan glade, but he was all alone. The balls of light fairies are like just the generators of things like fireflies, dragonflies, ducks, etc. They aren't interactive. But do they have forms other than balls of light?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm debating downloading that fairie mod too. It looks fun. What are the fairie powers you get?
  • Options
    @ignominiusrex If you pause the game and get up really close to one you can see a sort of humanoid-ish character, which one could interpret as one of the good folk, but there's no interaction with them and no chance of actually having them as proper fae in the game. That being said it's the closest thing we have to any sort of fae in the Sims 4 at the moment, which admittedly is a huge disappointment to me.

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I'm debating downloading that fairie mod too. It looks fun. What are the fairie powers you get?

The one I used is old but I have a very old copy of it kept safe in a thumb drive, and it still worked as of a year ago. The powers were flying (more like a floating walk, not going up into the sky or anything), spreading auras that affect moods, and building up magic kind of like spellcasters do, to affect another sim with the mood if I recall. They had a sparkly trail behind as they fliat-walk. It was by Nyx something or other.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options

You get to learn different spells through fairy magic, some of the spells are benign some aren't, you also get the option to show your faerie form or not (you can turn off stuff like wings and sparkles), there are different faerie ranks from beginner to advance and you move through those by practicing faerie magic or engaging in power spars with other faeries, and you also have an option to choose to channel power from a particular source (eg water, fire, electricity, music, emotion, darkness, air, the moon, etc). The faerie sims do have a flight and float/hover action but you need to practice to be able to fly well and I believe you can also turn the hover/float mode off when you're around humans you want to hide from. One thing I really like is that you do actually have to work to advance levels with faerie form and magic.

• Options

The one I used is old but I have a very old copy of it kept safe in a thumb drive, and it still worked as of a year ago. The powers were flying (more like a floating walk, not going up into the sky or anything), spreading auras that affect moods, and building up magic kind of like spellcasters do, to affect another sim with the mood if I recall. They had a sparkly trail behind as they fliat-walk. It was by Nyx something or other.

This is a new one by Spinning Plumbobs. I don't know if Nyx's older mod is still working.

• Options
    @ignominiusrex @GrimlyFiendish They sound great. I think I definitely need a fairie mod. I will give this new one a try. I like how you can level up their fairie powers.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Is there something in Windenberg that makes you think of fairies and werewolves? I was hoping there were fairies in Willow Creek somewhere when I saw the mushroom fairy rings in Sylvan Glade, but then I realized it was sadly just a mirage. Hopefully we get them one day. I really want a medieval fantasy pack too, with knights, princesses, dragons and quests.

There are fairies IN Sylvan Glade, but they're the tiny delicate kind that may be hard to see. You can often hear them giggling before you see them.

You can see actual fairies, not just balls of light? I've only seen balls of light though the thinking laugh led me everywhere looking for them. I used a mod to make a full sized fairy sim and made him a house in sylvan glade, but he was all alone. The balls of light fairies are like just the generators of things like fireflies, dragonflies, ducks, etc. They aren't interactive. But do they have forms other than balls of light?

Yeah, @GrimlyFiendish already said pretty much what I'd have said, which saved me a bit of time. :lol: I just wanted to add that one might get a slightly better view of the tiny figures inside the light bubbles with the highest graphical settings for the game. I don't know for certain, though; it was just a thought. I use high settings myself, and if I look closely enough I can see the fairies inside, but not in any true detail. And of course, as mentioned, they can't be interacted with at all, anyway. They're just there to look pretty, it seems.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022

I have been playing around with the mod, and I really recommend it! It has a sort of ranking power system similar to RoM spellcasters (which, makes sense, since it uses RoM as a base), and the wings are pretty and actually move, and there are some nice hovering/flying animations and and such. The fairies are a bit cutesy and nature-oriented as they are based on Winx Club fairies, but you can of course customize them, and they can have some sort of spell battles, like RoM spellcasters.

Children can become fairies or witches with this mod as well.

The mod has dark witches included as an option, too.

The mod is made by Spinning Plumbobs on a Patreon page, but you don’t have to pay anything, just click through the links.

Here are videos showing the mod off, if you would like to see (a few videos also show a bit of the witches part of the mods, too):
    https://youtu.be/P-_gqp5xqiw

https://youtu.be/6gWQnHFCjiE

https://youtu.be/ep1OjHrJcig

https://youtu.be/zZgD7B9adiM
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

I have been playing around with the mod, and I really recommend it! It has a sort of ranking power system similar to RoM spellcasters (which, makes sense, since it uses RoM as a base), and the wings are pretty and actually move, and there are some nice hovering/flying animations and and such. The fairies are a bit cutesy and nature-oriented as they are based on Winx Club fairies, but you can of course customize them, and they can have some sort of spell battles, like RoM spellcasters.

Children can become fairies or witches with this mod as well.

The mod has dark witches included as an option, too.

The mod is made by Spinning Plumbobs on a Patreon page, but you don’t have to pay anything, just click through the links.

Here are videos showing the mod off, if you would like to see (a few videos also show a bit of the witches part of the mods, too):
    https://youtu.be/P-_gqp5xqiw

https://youtu.be/6gWQnHFCjiE

https://youtu.be/ep1OjHrJcig

https://youtu.be/zZgD7B9adiM

Dark spellcasters sounds awesome. I like the spellcasters so it's cool that they used it as a base with the spell book too it seems.
  • Options
    If we get a werewolf pack I so want this as song as a karaoke option, just for the entirely random & obscure call out. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-iw3yyLApQ&amp;ab_channel=SPARKS

• Options
    Nothing much to see here, just Grimmie and his three fae daughters. I'm having an absolute blast with this mod :D

hI6bqNs.png

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Hi everyone,

Cool choice @GrimlyFiendish - very evocative, synth-pop style.

@cyncie

If you're considering adding new music to the blue moon juke box, could I please request "Bad moon Rising." I know, it's cliche, but it's also classic and it creates exactly the kind of vibes I would love for my future Werewolves. A whole lot of fun and trouble. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Kironide wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

@cyncie

If you're considering adding new music to the blue moon juke box, could I please request "Bad moon Rising." I know, it's cliche, but it's also classic and it creates exactly the kind of vibes I would love for my future Werewolves. A whole lot of fun and trouble. Thanks!

Yes! Great song, perfect.

I'd also add Werewolves of London. B)

And we really need a Vamp disco night, because Vlad and the gang dancing to something like 'Born to be Alive' would just be hilarious and awesome. :D

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

@cyncie

Yes! Great song, perfect.

I'd also add Werewolves of London. B)

And we really need a Vamp disco night, because Vlad and the gang dancing to something like 'Born to be Alive' would just be hilarious and awesome. :D

LOL! Fantastic imagery! Thanks for the smile and the music @GrimlyFiendish
  • Options
    Greetings, fellow travelers! I have certainly been enjoying your discussions. Please excuse my slowness to respond, but um….how shall I say…external matters have occupied my attention lately. The Blue Moon juke box could always use a refresh, and the selections you’ve recommended have been added for your enjoyment. I’m partial to this little number. Sort of a theme song for The Blue Moon, really.

https://youtu.be/j-ObNTvgfsM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top