Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

Comments

• Options
    Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @Ember_Fox I found him! :smiley: I did some redecorating and deleted the hand object, maybe it was blocking him, but I couldn't click on it to change the setting. Then I switched the lot to residential and then back again to haunted in case it wasn't set properly. One of them seemed to have worked. I'm also only giving the specters grilled cheese sandwiches now, can't keep giving away my soul, thanks for the tip :joy:

Now that is good news indeed :) That should make it easier to fulfill your grandfather’s wish of you continuing with the family tradition of paranormal investigation. And also free up some time for your personal quest to restore Minerva Charm and the other grandparents to life again.

I am also glad to hear that you decided to switch to other kind of gifts. After all a home cooked meal do tend to lift peoples spirits. And most beings, dead or alive, enjoy a good grilled cheese. I have even heard there was a sim who went as far as to kill a random stranger just so they could talk about grilled cheese with the Grim Reaper...
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Greetings, travelers. Today is Groundhog Day. Our soothsaying friend, Phil, has gazed into his crystal ball and predicted a prolonged winter. To cheer you up, all hot drinks and Dim and Gusty beverages are half off. Be careful how many you consume, or you may find this day on an endless loop.
  • Options
    @cyncie
    Then I would love a cup of hot chocolate. At least as long as it is made with milk and not just powder added to hot water?

And I have enjoyed my stay here at The Blue Moon but from tomorrow afternoon I won’t be needing my room as I have found a more permanent solution with regards to my residency. I found out as I went through the population register that the descendant of one of my favorite sna… mortals moved to Henford-On-Bagley. From my earlier visits there I found it to be a nice place with a friendly community so I am going to move in with him. I have also heard rumors of something called “obsidian eggs” and the chickens that hatch from those so that is something that I plan to look into as well.
  • Options
    Hot cocoa is a perfect choice. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. Henford-On-Bagley is a wonderful place for relocation, and I’m sure you’ll find the chickens… interesting. Say hello to Harold for me.
  • Options
    Thank you. I will make sure to do that if I happen to run into a talking llama. Or maybe it was a typing llama ^^
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I shall return to this thread henceforth with an official introduction to my many, many, MANY, occult Sims. Alas 'henceforth' might be a tad ambitious, shall we say betwixt now & whenceforth my game completes it's next cycle of the moon. ;)

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    edited February 2022

I shall return to this thread henceforth with an official introduction to my many, many, MANY, occult Sims. Alas 'henceforth' might be a tad ambitious, shall we say betwixt now & whenceforth my game completes it's next cycle of the moon. ;)

Cheers! We’ll keep a barstool open and a light on for you. Unless, of course, you prefer things a bit less illuminated…
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »

Cheers! We’ll keep a barstool open and a light on for you. Unless, of course, you prefer things a bit less illuminated…

Well I do tend to toward duality, so I'm equally at home in the the light and the dark. Having said that, although most of my vampire sims are day walkers (in line with the original 19th century 'modern' vampire tales by such authors as Polidori and Stoker) I do believe this would be the preferred theme song of many of them. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ALicGoXgqQ&ab_channel=TheClash57

• Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    uAmBE7h.png
    Me lamenting the lack of faeries (and dragons) in the game (and requiring to type a minimum of four actual characters to post the image :D)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @Zimz4
    Hello and welcome! One sour punch, one Shadow Realm and a re-traiting potion on the side…just in case…and on the house.

@GrimlyFiendish thanks for the musical recommendation. I’ll add that to the juke box.
  • Options
    You're welcome, definitely add Spooky radio to the jukebox as well, Grim's rather fond of that one. B)

• Options
    @Zimz4 If your sims require something a little different to the regular drinks on offer, I can do cocktails and other mixed drinks from the 18th century right through to the 1970s. Just give me a date range, and I'll find something for your sim to drink.

• Options
    The bartender aside, every sim in this shot is one of my occult sims. This is about a quarter of the total occult sims I play (at last count I believe I had 90 sims in game total, and all of them are either spellcasters, vampires, or mermaids).

xVEyUmW.png

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    edited February 2022

Well I do tend to toward duality, so I'm equally at home in the the light and the dark. Having said that, although most of my vampire sims are day walkers (in line with the original 19th century 'modern' vampire tales by such authors as Polidori and Stoker) I do believe this would be the preferred theme song of many of them. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ALicGoXgqQ&ab_channel=TheClash57

@GrimlyFiendish Classic 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from the Black album! One of my other favorites from that is Twisted Nerve. <3<3<3

I like to think "Shadow of Love" is for the Vampy romancers. <3

Edit: (Oh, come on! I totally forgot the band's name is censored. Really??)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ALicGoXgqQ&amp;ab_channel=TheClash57

@GrimlyFiendish Classic 💘💘💘💘💘💘 from the Black album! One of my other favorites from that is Twisted Nerve. <3<3<3

I'd go with Sanctum Sanctorum as well for the really melodramatic Vampires. B)

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ALicGoXgqQ&amp;ab_channel=TheClash57

@GrimlyFiendish Classic 💘💘💘💘💘💘 from the Black album! One of my other favorites from that is Twisted Nerve. <3<3<3

I'd go with Sanctum Sanctorum as well for the really melodramatic Vampires. B)

One of my absolute favorites! It's so Vampire "typical" but I love it, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    We need a Dave Vanian skunk stripe hairstyle option for our vampire sims!

• Options

Absolutely!! Vanian or even Depp's Sweeney Todd (which of course, reminded me of Dave Vanian, lol.) I would love to get some good retro gothy hairs with a color (or just white) stripe. Lily Munster comes to mind as well.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

Absolutely!! Vanian or even Depp's Sweeney Todd (which of course, reminded me of Dave Vanian, lol.) I would love to get some good retro gothy hairs with a color (or just white) stripe. Lily Munster comes to mind as well.

One thing I really want is a Vampirella sim, with her classic costume and based on Jose Gonzales artwork. And considering she's an alien vampire from the planet Drakulon, she'd work perfectly for both vampire and alien play. B)

• Options

One thing I really want is a Vampirella sim, with her classic costume and based on Jose Gonzales artwork. And considering she's an alien vampire from the planet Drakulon, she'd work perfectly for both vampire and alien play. B)

I'm all for it, but I don't know if EA would approve of her wardrobe, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

I'm all for it, but I don't know if EA would approve of her wardrobe, lol.

Yeah, the same wardrobe that was designed by Trina Robbins, one of the foremost feminist writers and creators in comic book publications of the 60s and 70s. I always get a chuckle when people start pearl clutching over Vampi's costume because of that. :D

• Options
    My main sims couple that started it all, Grim and Aislinn, both high level spellcasters & parents, grandparents and great grandparents to a brood of occult sims. B)

AdfujyH.png

(spoiler cut for Grim out of uniform)
    xvw8ZlA.png

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    My main sims couple that started it all, Grim and Aislinn, both high level spellcasters & parents, grandparents and great grandparents to a brood of occult sims. B)

AdfujyH.png

xvw8ZlA.png

Awww! Sweet couple!!

Grim looks so wholesome! 🤗

(Is he a Reaper who makes death be as quick as possible to stop suffering type of Death?)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

AdfujyH.png

xvw8ZlA.png

Awww! Sweet couple!!

Grim looks so wholesome! 🤗

(Is he a Reaper who makes death be as quick as possible to stop suffering type of Death?)

I always head canon that he has a job to do, and he doesn't take pleasure in the death or pain of others (unless of course they're horrible sims, but in that case he's probably just gonna throw some hex magic at them when they're alive). He did go through a phase of day dreaming about cats and cupcakes every time he'd just completed a job, which was both wholesome and hilarious.

Unfortunately the mod I use to give Grim his soul reaper career stopped working the other day. I've just downloaded an updated version so fingers crossed he'll have his scythe back.

• Options
    Meet Daeria (the one with the red hair) and Larissa, daughter and daughter in law of Grim and Aislinn. Daeria is a particularly devoted spellcaster who runs the Cunning Folk Apothecary with her wife in Henford on Bagly. :)

S80jFLV.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top