Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August 3rd - Inside Maxis Livestream

Comments

• Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    ''If'' they fix the premades, they should fix their hot and cold outfits and makeup. And why ''refresh'' Spa Day, why not (buggy) Dine Out? I hope they will do more updates to fix the so, sO, SO MANY bugs in the game, before they will completly break it.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'm dissapointed they are wasting time and effort to update a premade for a slight skin color change and story. I saw a lot going on and on about how racist it is on twitter. But as always I do acknowledge that many wanted this so it's not necessarily a bad thing🙂 I just feel like so many other things should be priority.

Its more than likely not just skin color. It's probably likes and dislikes as well as weather outfits as well, which is desperately needed.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2021
    I wonder what they mean by npc improvements

I wish they make it so we can assign them ourselves from our households and that certain role is always filled by certain sim unless you go change it or sim dies

it sort of worries me how they talk as if its about premade sims though... which is strange cause they definitely said npc

i reaaaally hope its not about messing with premade sims like ive already corrected everything i want corrected ive already given them my own lore likes dislikes... everything so please don't confuse me with edits or if so keep it to gallery thank

puzzled.

also did i just hear sneaky comment about occult gp being in works? or was that just my selective hearing? :flushed:
    the way they dodged the dragon with selection of comment though :disappointed:

pack refresh... well its about time but idk whats with refreshing relaxing clean thing o_O

I truly wish it was one of the old packs like Outdoor Retreat or Get to Work but idk if those go in those words too well...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    I saw the tweet by SimsCommunity.. Is that Spa Day confirmed officially or just a random GP render they selected?

Sorry if dumb question.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I could see them refreshing the base file that you get when you start a new save. They could update the townies with new skintones, hot/cold clothes, like and dislikes, sentiments, and go back in and put the family tree info in, since that wasn't available when the game came out. If that's the file that gets updated, then it wouldn't affect existing saves. Although if they just mean that they're going to put a bunch of makeovers on the gallery, that's way less interesting.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I'm dissapointed they are wasting time and effort to update a premade for a slight skin color change and story. I saw a lot going on and on about how racist it is on twitter. But as always I do acknowledge that many wanted this so it's not necessarily a bad thing🙂 I just feel like so many other things should be priority.

Its more than likely not just skin color. It's probably likes and dislikes as well as weather outfits as well, which is desperately needed.

Yeah they are also adding more lore (which I've seen many complaints about) so it's not just skin tones.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited August 2021
    I saw the tweet by SimsCommunity.. Is that Spa Day confirmed officially or just a random GP render they selected?

Sorry if dumb question.

This is a quote from one of the assistant producers, "For now our roadmap continues to be focused on improving content that’s in the game. That said, stay tuned – prepare your Sims for a relaxing refresh of one of our existing Game Packs coming up soon." This is being taken as a hint that it is Spa Day. But there is no official confirmation that I have seen. It does strongly suggest Spa Day to me, however.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I really don’t want them to change pre-existing Sims. It will drive me crazy if suddenly all my characters look different.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    If it is a refresh of Spa Day, maybe it is because that was the easiest one to do. To get the first one out quickly, you would do the one with the least amount of work involved.
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    I didn't watch, so may not have all the information, but I'm a little confused about the NPC updates.
    Who is considered NPC? Are they speaking about pre-mades, like the Goths? (Although they are playable characters.. ).

I think they are specifically referring to the randomly generated townies.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I really don’t want them to change pre-existing Sims. It will drive me crazy if suddenly all my characters look different.

I think it will only be new saves
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

Sorry if dumb question.

This is a quote from one of the assistant producers, "For now our roadmap continues to be focused on improving content that’s in the game. That said, stay tuned – prepare your Sims for a relaxing refresh of one of our existing Game Packs coming up soon." This is being taken as a hint that it is Spa Day. But there is no official confirmation that I have seen. It does strongly suggest Spa Day to me, however.

oh they did mention it is game pack? well that does shorten the list

still i wish it was Outdoor Retreat but its probably Spa Day yeah
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2021

I hope so, I hope they will add some relationships and add some sentiments as well to make them a bit more interesting.
  • Options

Sorry if dumb question.

Okay, so, what if it is spa day.. what is there to "clean"? or "refresh" ? So weird choice to me, imo.

• Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

Sorry if dumb question.

oh they did mention it is game pack? well that does shorten the list

still i wish it was Outdoor Retreat but its probably Spa Day yeah

I don't really know if it was just game packs. I didn't listen to the stream. I tried to find only the Q&A, but didn't spend much time on it, so I didn't have luck. I would be very happy for it to be Outdoor Retreat. And it could be. That was a vacation pack, and vacations should be relaxing. It would be awesome to have some hiking trails added. And add some more wild plants.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »

I hope so, I hope they will add some relationships and add some sentiments as well to make them a bit more interesting.

This.

• Options

Sorry if dumb question.

Okay, so, what if it is spa day.. what is there to "clean"? or "refresh" ? So weird choice to me, imo.

I don't know. Maybe they are just adding some new swatches to CAS or Buy/Build. Or maybe they will add a couple of new recipes, or a new trait. I don't think it's a pack that needs a lot of work, and it doesn't seem to have any big problems. It could be a different gp. I don't think we have anything but the phrase "relaxing refresh" to go on. Maybe it was just relaxing for them to do and has nothing to do with which pack it was for. :D
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

Sorry if dumb question.

Maybe skincare or green cleanse/detox smoothies?
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Sorry if dumb question.

What people are taking as a hint is the wording plus the accompanying picture of, well, Spa Day items.
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Thanks for the update and the cute gameplay. I'm thinking through what I mean by depth in gameplay, so I can talk about it when you do the real survey. Some examples of where I would like more depth. First, I think the new likes and dislikes system is a great step in the direction of depth--it gives Sims more personality by shaping whims and some of their behavior. The more sims choose activities and social interactions based on details of their personality, the more I enjoy each individual sim. I'd like to see sims be affected by their _friends'_ relationships. So if my sim is mad at her mom and has a fight, maybe her friends would be tense if they were there. Or if my sim (let's call them Fred) hated another sim, Fred's best friend or lover might see their own relationship with that sim go down, or maybe Fred's best friend or lover would have a hard time building relationship with that sim. I'd like to see my sims recognize their relationships with relatives, at least up to grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and grandchildren. I would like if it sims could fish and have conversations at the same time. Also, I'd like fishing and scavenging to be fun, at least for sims who like it--or have you already made that change with the likes and dislikes? I enjoy group activities a lot--snowball fights, building sandcastles, now cooking together--and I'd really like if sims could jog or go for walks or bike trips together.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited August 2021
    Enjoyed seeing @haneul and @Metior_Ice 's stories get spotlighted :)

@mightysprite Wait, my story got spotlighted?! I had no idea!?
  • Options
    @mightysprite Can you point me to where you saw this? I really didn't realize my story was spotlight worthy.
  • Options
    If I had to choose a pack I'd want updated, it would definitely be Island Living! My merfolk need underwater places to visit!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @Metior_Ice It is near the end of the livestream. I don't have an exact timestamp, but in the last 10-15 minutes. You were first and then @haneul .
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @mightysprite Can you point me to where you saw this? I really didn't realize my story was spotlight worthy.

You can watch it on the live stream replay after they do the playthrough in the beginning. I was like omg it's metior_ice!!🤭🤭

Starts around 48:20

https://youtu.be/vUPumFG4WeE
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top