Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August 3rd - Inside Maxis Livestream

Comments

• KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    So it sounds we'll be getting info on a new - non occult-themed - Gameplay Pack in the near future. I was busy with some tuning so I'm not 100 % sure if I got it correctly.
    Actually, they said they'll be refreshing an existing gamepack.

Other than that, we'll be getting updated existing townies, and lore for them.

That non-answer to the "swimmable worlds" question stuck hard in my craw. This is why I always champion listening to what someone does not say, just as much as what they do.

I suppose it's a bit too much for me to hope that they'll be adding more lots to Forgotten Hollow.
    I would be down for that, but if they won't update the worlds for swimming, I doubt they'd make them bigger. If they do, I'd like them to also make that entrance to the Forgotten Grotto (by the bridge) useable, and add a graveyard lot type.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    I hope they do something about Dine Out. Would love for sims to be able to cook in their own restaurants.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Enjoyed seeing @haneul and @Metior_Ice 's stories get spotlighted :)

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    So it sounds we'll be getting info on a new - non occult-themed - Gameplay Pack in the near future. I was busy with some tuning so I'm not 100 % sure if I got it correctly.

That non-answer to the "swimmable worlds" question stuck hard in my craw. This is why I always champion listening to what someone does not say, just as much as what they do.

I suppose it's a bit too much for me to hope that they'll be adding more lots to Forgotten Hollow.
    I would be down for that, but if they won't update the worlds for swimming, I doubt they'd make them bigger. If they do, I'd like them to also make that entrance to the Forgotten Grotto (by the bridge) useable, and add a graveyard lot type.

After seeing the tweet, it's Spa Day. Ah well.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    What could they possibly add to spa day or how could they refresh it?

I hope this means that they will do smth like this with expansion packs.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

What?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    edited August 2021
    LiELF wrote: »
    Is the replay available yet? I started watching but had things going on so I missed the back half.

*Edit: Never mind, found it! Sounds very optimistic for more Occults!! <3 I hope the updated GP is going to be Realm of Magic! I always felt it should be an EP. And I'm really glad to hear they'll be taking suggestions for more challenging gameplay! That's wonderful! I hope I'm back from vacation by then, I really want to contribute some input. :)

Oh, I hope it will be RoM!
    I would love some magic for children, interactions with familiars or a few additional spells. Or perhaps a magical leyline lot trait, similar to the dark leyline for vampires. *starts dreaming *

did they say when this update of an existing GP will happen?
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I didn't watch, so may not have all the information, but I'm a little confused about the NPC updates.
    Who is considered NPC? Are they speaking about pre-mades, like the Goths? (Although they are playable characters.. ).
    edited August 2021
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    What could they possibly add to spa day or how could they refresh it?

I hope this means that they will do smth like this with expansion packs.

Perhaps they'll add in the ideas from the survey way back?
    November-19-Maxis-Monthly-568.jpg
    Or maybe we'll see Yoga Instructor and Reflexologist careers.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited August 2021

That was not the gamepack I expected, the spas are working pretty fine as far as I know, it feels like some other game packs are more in need of a refresh.
    edited August 2021
    I didn't watch, so may not have all the information, but I'm a little confused about the NPC updates.
    Who is considered NPC? Are they speaking about pre-mades, like the Goths? (Although they are playable characters.. ).
    Yep. Pretty much the premades. Given some of them are mainstays from other games, people want them to look similar to their previous incarnations, and have defined traits and relationships with other families. I mean every sim is an NPC if you're not playing them currently.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    logion wrote: »

That was not the gamepack I expected, the spas are working pretty fine as far as I know, it feels like some other game packs are more in need of a refresh.

By refresh what do they mean? Adding new features or just fixing bugs. Cause if it's just fixing bugs it's not worth talking and should be done regardless without covering it up under the name ''refresh'' to make them seem good and that they are giving us something.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Yep. Pretty much the premades. Given some of them are mainstays from other games, people want them to look similar to their previous incarnations, and have defined traits and relationships with other families. I mean every sim is an NPC if you're not playing them currently.

Thank you!
    I said this in a different thread, and no one's opinion on this is right or wrong. However, I sometimes play as pre-made Sims, and I'm not sure I want them to be changed...of course I'll wait until I know more about it to form a proper opinion.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Hopefully this will be the start of them going back through the packs and improving them. A lot of them could use some improvements. I'm actually glad they're adding lore as well, will help more when deciding builds and locations for sims, because as it stands right now a lot of them are boring.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited August 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Is the replay available yet? I started watching but had things going on so I missed the back half. *Edit: Never mind, found it! Sounds very optimistic for more Occults!! <3 I hope the updated GP is going to be Realm of Magic! I always felt it should be an EP. And I'm really glad to hear they'll be taking suggestions for more challenging gameplay! That's wonderful! I hope I'm back from vacation by then, I really want to contribute some input. :)
    Oh, I hope it will be RoM!
    I would love some magic for children, interactions with familiars or a few additional spells. Or perhaps a magical leyline lot trait, similar to the dark leyline for vampires. *starts dreaming

Agreed! I want to see RoM get updates, definitely, and magical ley line trait sounds like good fun. I would really like more animations for the familiars, especially like a 'Talk to' familiar, or maybe even a 'hug' or 'give treat' or something. I just want to cuddle the little dragons... : P
    we'll be getting updated existing townies, and lore for them.

I'm actually quite looking forward to this one.
    they/them or she/her
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    *cough* Dine Out *cough*

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Wait...Spa Day?? Really?

*Sigh*
    #Team Occult
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    *cough* Dine Out *cough*

Ahem. Get to work aliens. Hem. Vampires unnerfed. Hem hem. I need some cough drop.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Is the replay available yet? I started watching but had things going on so I missed the back half.

*Edit: Never mind, found it! Sounds very optimistic for more Occults!! <3 I hope the updated GP is going to be Realm of Magic! I always felt it should be an EP. And I'm really glad to hear they'll be taking suggestions for more challenging gameplay! That's wonderful! I hope I'm back from vacation by then, I really want to contribute some input. :)

I hope you don't miss out. You know what this game needs (imo) and you are excellent when it comes to explaining it!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    Disappointed they couldn't just admit the Sims 4 lacks depth/gameplay when asked about it. Instead asking us what we're looking for in a game. They should know this already, we've been asking for this for 7 years.
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    If the updated game pack is Spa Day, I will be very disappointed. I actually like this pack the way it is now. I can't think of anything I want to change.

I'm hoping it is Outdoor Retreat.
    Wait...Spa Day?? Really?

*Sigh*

My thoughts exactly when I heard it lol👀
    I'm dissapointed they are wasting time and effort to update a premade for a slight skin color change and story. I saw a lot going on and on about how racist it is on twitter. But as always I do acknowledge that many wanted this so it's not necessarily a bad thing🙂 I just feel like so many other things should be priority.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    They could do some interesting updates with Spa Day. Maybe they’ll add some sort of Calorie Counting/ Dieting Challenges? It could be interesting. And they did say something about adding more challenges to the game, which I’m happy to hear…

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top