Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite sim voice in TS4?

This is something that I've been wondering for a while now and I thought it'd be a really fun poll to make, so I decided to make one!
I tend to pay a lot of attention to my sims' voices and have a couple of favourites, and I was wondering if anyone else did too, or had voices that most of their sims tend to have.

Due to the limited number of poll options, I had to combine one male and one female voice into each option, so if you have a preference for a certain voice for one gender but not the other, you can choose one of the options including that voice and explain in the comments if you wish.

Each voice type has its own icon in CAS on the simology tab, and the voices with their icons are as follows, along with the default gender (for example, Izzy Fabulous has a female voice but is still set as male, and Minerva Charm has a male voice but is still female):
- Candy icon (sweet voice - female)
- Music icon (melodic voice - female)
- Bird icon (lilted voice - female)
- Bell icon (clear voice - male)
- Fire icon (warm voice - male)
- Trumpet icon (brash voice - male)

And of course if you have no preference or play with sound off, there's an option for that too :)
I'm just really curious to see if anyone else cares about voices as much as I do :joy:

What's your favourite sim voice in TS4? 65 votes

Clear (M) / Sweet (F)
4%
SAEldarinLazzialRandgrith 3 votes
Clear (M) / Melodic (F)
9%
auroraael14DarkLady2788Sindocatblur0seAyKooChaoMineBloxKy 6 votes
Clear (M) / Lilted (F)
15%
SweetieWright_84fiercephoenix91Karababy52KyreRoenEgonVMHopeyStarrMageKnightEmolgaFlikka_FlikkaTempest329Simily4 10 votes
Warm (M) / Sweet (F)
7%
simmer4life3Breazonaafai1261nerdfashionMZsimmer 5 votes
Warm (M) / Melodic (F)
7%
BloosmooChampandGirlieSajahiJojoMOMSTERbellecee 5 votes
Warm (M) / Lilted (F)
6%
taydevannaliese39[Deleted User]hymnhehim 4 votes
Brash (M) / Sweet (F)
3%
Sims4MagicalTaleslogion 2 votes
Brash (M) / Melodic (F)
0%
Brash (M) / Lilted (F)
15%
TheSpotted_CKathykinsmikamakimonSimDestroyerRavenSpitKimmerEnnaelVeeDubSnowBnuuySeasonedKat 10 votes
Other (no preferences, play with sound off, ect - explain in comments!)
30%
alexspoom13simgirl1010RoboSpongiegoodcakebaker62sekojranaMissmagoo2MaggieMarleyDoloresGreycatmando830EnkiSchmidtSheriSim57WolfiumSERVERFRASimmingalCatzillaNate_Whiplash1FatTribble23ACruelButLovingGodBettyNewbie1wahini2024 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I play with my sound not off, but pretty low. It's hard to tell one voice from another.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Brash (M) / Lilted (F)
    I use them all depending on the Sim, but these two are the ones I use the most,
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My favorite is deep warm or brash. Sims usually have voices depending on personality, warm/sweet for good sim, brash/warm :D for hothead, clear for snob, lilted for cheerful.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Warm (M) / Lilted (F)
    I love the Clear and Warm "male" voices for my sims, because Brash is too deep for me, and I love all of the "female" voices, but I usually don't use Melodic. My go-tos are definitely Warm and Lilted.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Brash (M) / Lilted (F)
    Brash and Lilted are my go-to's for voices. I can't stand the "sweet" female voice, the creaking is really annoying. I do wish we had more voice types.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Alien voices! They are so fun.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I tend to like the male voices better overall but lean towards warm and brash

Female voices annoy me when they get flirty. All are ridiculous. Especially the "rawr" but I do seem to use melodic quite often.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I play with sound, but voices off. The voices in themselves are okay, but there's something about the way the sims speak that puts me off and causes me not to take them seriously. (This isn't Sims 4 specific, I do that in the older games, too.)
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I tend to keep sound effects off during gameplay. But when I do have it on, I usually don't have a preference unless I hear a sim with a voice that clashes with the way they look. Then I will play around in CAS until I find something that suits them.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Brash (M) / Lilted (F)
    Brash and Lilted are the only two types I actually like. Depending on my mood I can tolerate most of the others for a limited amount of time, but Melodic is the one voice I usually change to something else if I have to listen to more than a few lines of Simlish from any sim using it.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    The deepest voice there is, and I usually give that to the feminine crossdressers
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2021
    All of the types are good if its medium-low pitch but if you make it high pitched its all annoying as heck

all the way low also sounds kinda goofy overly friendly and I'm not biggest fan of it cause my sims often just really don't match that vibe

i wish the mermaids had that beautiful singing voice always tho thats probably the prettiest sound sim can make in ts4
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    The female voices are mostly ok if they aren't too deep or too high pitched but I only like the Clear Male voice because it's pleasant and smooth sounding. One of the male voices sounds like Homer Simpson and I just bring myself to use it. lol The last male voice is too rough and scratchy or something, makes me think of Grover from Seasame Street sort of.

I'd love to have a few more voices added to the game. *big puppy dog eyes at devs*
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Which one is the high-pitched male voice (not falsetto, just high pitched) that they use for Diego Lobo and I think Joaquin Le Chien? There's so much character in that voice. I think it's the best acted.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Warm (M) / Sweet (F)
    Which one is the high-pitched male voice (not falsetto, just high pitched) that they use for Diego Lobo and I think Joaquin Le Chien? There's so much character in that voice. I think it's the best acted.

@mightysprite
    I believe Diego Lobo has a high pitched brash voice while Joaquin has the warm voice :)
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Warm (M) / Sweet (F)
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I do wish we had more voice types.
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I'd love to have a few more voices added to the game. *big puppy dog eyes at devs*

@Kathykins @Catzilla
    I would really like some more voice types in the game too, hearing the same six over and over again can get a bit stale
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Brash (M) / Sweet (F)
    All voice actors are doing a great job but I like these two voices a lot.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I like a lot of the voices (though Sweet can be a bit annoying depending on the pitch) but Warm (M) and Lilted (F) are the ones I tend to use

But I love the Servo and Alien voices the most!
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Warm (M) / Lilted (F)
    I use them all, but Warm and Lilted are my favourites. My main sim's voice is Warm and I love listening to him sing. My least favourite/used voices are probably Melodic and Clear. I would love to have more voice options added.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited August 2021
    Brash (M) / Lilted (F)
    I forgot to comment, but I remember seven gens’ worth of males having the Brash voice on my 13-gen family XD
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I almost always play with the sound off because I'm usually watching TV or something at the same time so it doesn't particularly matter to me what their voices sound like and I hardly ever notice.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Deep Melodic/lilted, and Deep Brass are always the two I seem to go to.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Warm (M) / Melodic (F)
    I think voice is a fun aspect of a Sim. Sometimes I’ll make al old lady with. Sultry voice or Or use voice pitch in another manner to make a Sim more unique, but not often.
  • Options
    SeasonedKatSeasonedKat Posts: 2 New Member
    Brash (M) / Lilted (F)
    The lilted on the deeper end is my favorite voice for all the females i create so it is a bit overused. With the male voices I tend to use the clear voice on the mid to deep end. But sometimes none of the voices match with the characters I make.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Warm (M) / Sweet (F)
    I just use these two the most 😅
    funny-gifs20.gif