Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How's the Cottage Living so far?

My main concern...is it buggy? Are the new features really good?

Comments

• Options
    EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    Honestly, it's really (really) good but also challenging at the same time.. I had my two married sims move in and they are so broke so I'm trying to make them make money from Village Errands and the errands are not easy at all, especially the one thay requires you to collect things, plus all the animals are so overwhelming! There are a lot of stuff and it's very fun to play, and also feels very different from all the other packs.. I haven't encounctered any bugs yet and I pretty much totally recommend it especially for animal lovers!!
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2021
    The welcome wagon event didn't happen when my sims moved in but I did get a bunch of townies just randomly enter the house and start sleeping in my sims bed, a bit rude considering they didn't even bring a fruit cake! There was a thunderstorm happening at the time so I figured maybe they were just looking for shelter.

The other thing is that sometimes the town gardening and grocery stalls randomly close when they are supposed to be open (it tells you trading times if you hover over the closed stall. My sim was there at 10am and the stall was closed but when I hovered over it, it said trading times were 7am to 6pm or something like that).

Certainly I haven't come across any major bugs that are badly impeding game play so far and I've been playing for 10 hours.

I am loving the simple living lot trait. Makes growing your own produce so much more meaningful in the game.
  • Options
    giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    I got the welcome wagon, not once.. but twice. I do like this pack but I have fertilizer in my inventory but can't use it
    h8U3C4c.png
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    edited July 2021
    Really enjoying it, I also love the simple living trait. Thought I d order a big grocery delivery to start of with and I was thrilled when it cost quite a lot of money, a bit like real life. Henford on Bagley is beautiful too.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Only got to play for a few hours. I'm enjoying it so far. It's providing some challenge. The bugs I've encountered is the pub owner not manning the bar. She was at the pub and labeled as pub owner but their was another sim at the bar. Also I'm having the foxes show up as households. It's only happening with the foxes and not with the bunnies. Hopefully they fix that because it's very annoying.
  • Options
    cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    I barely started, but I'm having a lot of fun and challenging in a good way already! Was a little sad that none of the fridges that are supposed be off the grid aren't working anymore, so I had to turn that off for now. Loving it otherwise!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm totally smitten with this pack! The world is gorgeous and the new animals are adorable. Game play keeps me so busy, hubby had a tough time getting me to take a break to eat dinner. And the only topic of conversation was Cottage Living, of course. Once I loaded up a new save and began playing, time flew by and before I knew it, the sun was setting. I found a couple of very minor annoyances, but they're so minor it isn't worth taking the time to talk about any of them. All in all, I give this pack a 9.9 out of ten. Right up there with Seasons because of it's game play content, along with the fact it can hold my attention for hours. The one thing that disappointed me was the weekly fair. I don't know what I expected, but the fairs are a bit boring. I thought there would be more to do, I guess. But I'm still exploring what this pack is all about, and there might be ways for me to add more to do to the fairs besides talking with the locals. I have a feeling there is more cross pack game play I haven't discovered yet, and that means I have a lot to look forward to.
  • Options
    Pipkin08Pipkin08 Posts: 65 Member
    Anyone else still not able to download Cottage Living. Its 6:45PM Western Standard Time (Perth Australia). I am aware of the tech issues but can't find any update as to when will be available.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    My main concern...is it buggy? Are the new features really good?

no it does not seem to have bugs
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    The sim I'm planning to move over there isn't quite fully cooked yet—as in, Mom's still pregnant with the kid who's going to grow up to experiment with the features.

Already planning a weekend around it.

But as far as introducing bugs into the game outside of the pack area? Doesn't seem to be doing that yet, but anything can happen...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    I work nights but had last night off, lucky me! I have been playing since midnight and I love this pack so much! No bugs so far just fun and animal cuteness overload! I've been playing with cheats so I could experience a little of everything but I will now start a new save without them to test how challenging it all is. Either way I don't foresee being bored with this pack anytime soon!
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I only had a few hours to play last night, I enjoyed it so much. I love the simple living challenge and I didn't think I would. I started a brand new save file, moved my sims to HOB and bought an empty lot. I built them a small one bedroom home and got some of the new garden plots and a chicken coup and an animal shed. I have watched some game changers that loaded their chicken coop with the max amount of chickens they could and it seemed like a lot of work, so I only got 2 hens and a rooster. I am so glad I did that, It is a lot of work just keeping them and my cow happy. I also planted all of the giant crops and several other plants, I befriended two bunnies who now help me with my garden, I love seeing them spring up out of their rabbit holes and start eating the weeds. I haven't explored the world to much yet, I did get to do a few of the tasks for residents around town, and I ordered groceries, which worked well without the mod, so I guess if you have the pack that particular bug might now affect you, I don't know about actual food delivery, as I haven't tried it yet, maybe tonight. All in all, I am having so much fun with this pack, I didn't want to stop playing last night, but I have work this morning so had to force myself. I think it is well worth the price.
    As for bugs, I haven't noticed anything new yet.
  • Options
    angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I have been enjoying it so far. I made my Sim dropped her in a pre-made house to experience and get the feel of the pack. I am challenging myself to use the simple living and only sell things that can be sold at the shop stalls. Same with buying things as well. I plan on also using a yard sale table at the weekly fairs to earn money and sell other things like collectibles she has found. So far my big achievement playing this way with outbusing any grindy or cheaty methods to earn money is challenging but rewarding with only 400 dollars to her name and my biggest accomplishment so far was affording a vacuum cleaner and hens for my coop. It is nice not to make money so fast or easily for once. I plan on working on getting the wash tub and clothes line next. In my game its Sunday so it will be her chance to get out of the village and go to the nearest town I think.

I would say my only gripe is that I wish they had a way to sort grocery items by recipes you know. I would be nice to know at the store what you needed if you wanted to make whatever meal. I have to go to the fridge and write down my ingredients list or hope I can just guess what I might need once there. Though it does add a new challenge with being able to afford groceries to eat.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm so jealous of everyone playing the new EP, it's still not available for bundling so I got to be a little extra patient I guess. I'm going to put so many sectional sofas in my haunted cottages!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I played for 13 + hours (10:30 a.m. PDT until midnight PDT) yesterday making money looked so easy in the GC videos but I have Seasons installed and so a bunch of the errands were nearly impossible to complete because the produce needed was out of season in my game and I didn’t have the money to buy it. My sim ended up having to take a part time job as a gardener to make ends meet and shelter in the pub until we made enough for a very basic shack and coop with a handful of chickens to get our farm started. He was smelly, and hungry, miserable and dirty and I absolutely loved 🥰 every single second of it! This pack is great 😊!
  • Options
    Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    So far I haven't lost a chicken to a wild fox 😁
  • Options
    Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    Just noticed that the wild foxes are in Household Management! That means they can be merged with the active household. Will that stop them from attacking chickens? Let's see 😁
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I like what I've experienced. My Sims seem to wash their hands a LOT but I'm not sure if that's a bug. The cow interactions are super cute. The BB, CAS, and premade lots are lovely. I'm going back in now to play more. I haven't done much so far but play with the cow, put dragonflies on my pond, cook some of the local food. I did see a fox running across the land but nothing happened with that. I don't have any chickens or rabbits yet. I'm playing Spring and it's been rainy, cloudy, and thunderstormy.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I like what I've experienced. My Sims seem to wash their hands a LOT but I'm not sure if that's a bug. The cow interactions are super cute. The BB, CAS, and premade lots are lovely. I'm going back in now to play more. I haven't done much so far but play with the cow, put dragonflies on my pond, cook some of the local food. I did see a fox running across the land but nothing happened with that. I don't have any chickens or rabbits yet. I'm playing Spring and it's been rainy, cloudy, and thunderstormy.

They won’t come onto your actual lot unless you have the Wild Foxes lot challenge turned on.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I played for 13 + hours (10:30 a.m. PDT until midnight PDT) yesterday making money looked so easy in the GC videos but I have Seasons installed and so a bunch of the errands were nearly impossible to complete because the produce needed was out of season in my game and I didn’t have the money to buy it. My sim ended up having to take a part time job as a gardener to make ends meet and shelter in the pub until we made enough for a very basic shack and coop with a handful of chickens to get our farm started. He was smelly, and hungry, miserable and dirty and I absolutely loved 🥰 every single second of it! This pack is great 😊!

I used the weather machine from Seasons to change the season from winter to spring :D
  • Options
    YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    The pack is great. I finally got in yesterday, its very different from previous packs. The Sim I chose to move had alot of money, skills, aspirations so it made things easier. Running a farm is ALOT of work, feeding chickens, cows, cleaning up and I love it. One thing I have done in the past is make a greenhouse so I have all fruits and veggies available year round. I finally caved and made one in Cottage because my lot challenge requires I have all ingrediants. Otherwise, its all super fun. My next sim will be broke or with the initial $20k. I wonder how they will do ??
  • Options
    bookwriter81bookwriter81 Posts: 17 Member
    [quote="EliasLayous12;c-17939498"]Honestly, it's really (really) good but also challenging at the same time.. I had my two married sims move in and they are so broke so I'm trying to make them make money from Village Errands and the errands are not easy at all, especially the one thay requires you to collect things, plus all the animals are so overwhelming! There are a lot of stuff and it's very fun to play, and also feels very different from all the other packs.. I haven't encounctered any bugs yet and I pretty much totally recommend it especially for animal lovers!![/quote]

Same here. My Sims are broke, I spend most of my sim days taking care of their animals and garden. I got wild bunnies on their land that are mostly jerks. But it's a good pack that gives you a lot to explore.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've just built a cottage in the empty lot for my single Sim, Rusty Styles. He started off with a tent and the basics of a grill and bathroom though. He's already made friends with a rabbit and a white fox, met the park keeper and found the chocoberry plant just over the bridges. The areas they can walk in are much wider than previous packs so far I've found.

The save started in Autumn but now is the first day of winter and I'm looking forward to what happens next. Father Winter is part of his Cosplay club!

Plopsy is very useful for getting pet outfits for the animals too.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm loving it so far. Any bugs I'm having I'm attributing to the mods I'm using. Only ones that were deemed 'compatible', but still. One strange thing just occurred. My Hawkins family has two chickens, a Hen and a Rooster; one cow; and one Llama. The eldest Teen, a female, took the time initially to get to know the Llama named Nugget, and the Cow, Clara. She also made friends with the chickens, too. However, after that she's been concentrating more on the garden. Trying very hard to produce a large something or other to win, plus keep up with the rest of the crops, since that's how the family makes their money. Gramps has been helping out, but he's really old and tires so easily. Dad seems to be taking care of the Toddler and Mom, who knows what's she doing? I don't. LOL This isnot a new Sim, she's always been this way. Oi!

Sarah Jane, the eldest kid, had her 'friend' over to visit and while he was there, I got a popup that Nugget is very unhappy and will be leaving. But — if the Sevier's feed him in time and make him happy, they may be able to avert his leaving. The Sevier Farmstead is just next door (in a country way). John Sevier was the guest, but I can't control him, of course. So, I send the second son, a Child Sim, (since the eldest son is busy snoozing in bed) to clean out the stall and feed Nugget. He cleans out the stall just fine, but when he took the garbage to dispose of it, he didn't come back right away to feed the Llama. This vexes me. What's he doing? To his credit, and on his own, he was emptying the trash cans around the house. Face/palm. Feeling a bit of panic, I nixed out the trash can duty hoping he'll come back and feed the poor Llama. Nugget is a very nice Llama. He hasn't spit at anyone. At least not yet. We'll see if he spits, now. LOL

It is a lot to juggle, but I'm very happy. It reminds me of Sims2, in that manner. You have to stay on your toes to keep up.

ETA: Mystery solved! Sarah ends up marrying John Sevier, and for some reason, I still had her married name attached when I created her family anew from her in CAS. Whoopsie!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

I used the weather machine from Seasons to change the season from winter to spring :D

Ha ha ha! 🤣 😂 a farmer’s got to do what a farmer’s got to do!