Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Style-NO CC-Inspiration Thread

WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
I'm running out of ideas on how to dress my sims differently, and I figure there may be others like me looking for some inspiration too without using CC. So with all the packs out now to use at our disposal, I would love to see some of your favorites that you've created for your sims. Any age, any gender. Share them all :)
Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    There is an awesome thread here on the forums by @Netzspannung that you will probably find very inspiring! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required/p1
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I've never used CC

81GEDEl.png

pEiUDXj.png

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,964 Member
    Netzspannung's thread is one of the things I look forward to with the release of a new pack. I have pics of all her designs sorted in a folder on my desktop.
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Seconding the thread by @Netzspannung but I'm also loving @CK213 's method, so I'll be trying that the next time I play as well. :)
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I like using opposite gender clothing in stylish ways :) Here is a female sim sporting one of the male tops with a cute mini skirt

05-21-21-11-04-45-PM.png
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have to say, it is pretty neat that there's a couple of people around who think of my thread when someone mentions "no CC outfits". :)
    There was a no CC outfit thread in 'General Discussion' a few years ago, but I think it's a good idea to start a new one. A lot of Simmers put together great outfits, but not everyone wants to start a showcase about it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Try the Outfit Evolution method.
    (I just came up with that name.)

Now your sim has a wardrobe of five outfits and it will feel like he/she is just mixing and matching clothes from her closet.
    If you get bored with them, simply go in and add a new item to freshen things up.

Wow!! That is such a good idea! I definetly want to try it on my sims. Your sim looks pretty in all the pics you posted. Sorry i took them out so this reply wont be too long, but i just wanted to thank you for the suggestion :#
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Here are a few outfits I made recently.

2FXoz9m.jpg
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited May 2021
    I was looking at my sims and I've realized I'm boring and use the same clothes again and again. :D

But here are some "out of comfort zone" examples.

Z2P4J6E1kkU.jpg?size=1366x768&quality=96&sign=d2a86473877b1bdf475b2f71a6ea2ae6&type=album
    H_xMF134kno.jpg?size=1366x768&quality=96&sign=28e5ac7180ed8f4f0a60a8306ad15391&type=album
    And this sim is rocking the most absurd outfits (Moschino jacket + shiny pants + crocs (kind of) + eyeball ring :D ), but I love them.
    2WHeLYDR2Ng.jpg?size=1366x768&quality=96&sign=7850d8d690b0784da3c41e1e653f9dac&type=album
    These old ladies are into flamboyant fashion too, haha.
    SQiUeHaBLmk.jpg?size=1366x768&quality=96&sign=a9a23683389681d15943aec918b22658&type=album

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I've found that Strangerville items and Paranormal items pair well together. Here are two outfits one of my sims currently has that mixes items from the two well :)

sP0D70C.png?1
    1StTx8p.png?1
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Clothing/cosmetics is one thing I don't use CC for.

Here's a really old picture of Brandi III.

5FoV7eg.png
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Yeah sure, here ya go:
    SS66qNA.pngyHngPNw.pngOosDBc3.jpgto9Ysgn.pngmxeQLfo.pngT42Uhx1.pngO1LMxUp.png6a5wWl0.pngGlD1AAl.pngfut5g7K.pngcc0tKDC.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,137 Member
    My fellow simmers, you are welcome to check out my variety households with their different looks in the Gallery under SEREFRAS. If you like any of them please let me know & you may add them to your play if you want to. ;)
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    Clothing/cosmetics is one thing I don't use CC for.

Here's a really old picture of Brandi III.

5FoV7eg.png

Is she related to Miko Ojo?
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2021
    @QueenMercy : Yes, she's her mother. :)
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sometimes I do something similar to outfit evolution method CK213 is using, except I pick one or two characteristic items and build the wardrobe around it:

erU7dFb.jpg

i26UqJH.jpg

The other thing I do is that I enforce "no repeat hairs" and "no repeat outfit combo" since I play with many households in the same save, I found it to be very helpful in making each sim stand out and be unique.

SFtlp0A.jpg

GamR4cG.jpg

And also often a sim career or species dictates their outfit. A bodybuilder incorporating his on-stage persona for party outfit, a (townie fashion) influencer, a covert operator with his legend outfit. And I love giving my aliens non standard outfits, they only have them in their alien form of course so that I get to use costumes and outfits I would not normally use.

zUCieJT.jpg

• Options
    channel4simschannel4sims Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! Oh, so many ideas here! I always rely on CC, but lately I need to create no cc sims. It's very inspiring :smile:
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    Thank you all for your responses, and the recommendations of Netzspannung's thread. I will definitely check it out :) I love all of your ideas and appreciate the inspo and look forward to many more <3
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I had a look through my Imgur posts and found a bunch of CAS outfits that I put together for previous pack releases. I'll also add some more when the new game pack comes out tomorrow!
    Tiny Living
    HE6WGYX.png

Moschino Stuff Pack
    biF8wCF.png
    OclslDd.png

Everyday outfits of my favourite Sims
    HVehCZB.png
    2NvCpuZ.png
    UfslJmK.png

Throwback Fit Kit
    Ens5Gdn.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited May 2021
    Here are a few more outfits (That brunette sim in the blue dress is supposed to be Fran Fine from The Nanny).
    Yes I tend to use the converse and Stan Smith like sneakers a lot :lol:.

ihw4aTM.jpg
    F5wnyh9.jpg
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I usually pick some colours that I base their wardrobe around. I also use same clothing objects, but in these examples it doesn't show very well because these aren't all of their outfits. I normally make 3 for everyday wear, 2 for summer, 2 for winter and then 1-2 for the other categories.

5FlHXcD.jpg
    5B9phJW.jpg
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2021
    Behold: The Black Widow

05-31-21-8-32-29-PM.png

05-31-21-8-32-11-PM.png

Made entirely of Maxis-made content, The Black Widow showcases the beauty of simple romance in a dark outfit fit for a funeral.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    Try the Outfit Evolution method.
    (I just came up with that name.)

Now your sim has a wardrobe of five outfits and it will feel like he/she is just mixing and matching clothes from her closet.
    If you get bored with them, simply go in and add a new item to freshen things up.

Wow!! That is such a good idea! I definetly want to try it on my sims. Your sim looks pretty in all the pics you posted. Sorry i took them out so this reply wont be too long, but i just wanted to thank you for the suggestion :#

I am playing right now and that sim just happened to be visiting the student commons while I wait for my own sims to finish tutoring students in the Britechester rabbit hole. This method is helpful for quickly giving the dormies a full wardrobe without having to start a new outfit from scratch.
    05-31-21_8-42-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2021
    Since the throwback kit been enjoying mixing and matching to achieve more 90s related looks or something more casual to work with them.

rKYdJGI.png?1
    U8WCZ58.png?1
    YmcnnnY.png?1
    5vJrxmT.png