Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ‘ PUT πŸ‘ THE πŸ‘ SIMS πŸ‘ 2 πŸ‘ ULTIMATE πŸ‘ COLLECTION πŸ‘ ON πŸ‘ ORIGIN

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @Lulu29 wrote: Β»
    Sorry if this has been explained already but I'm guessing the old CD disks no longer work? I'm not familiar with why they're not available anymore (and does this apply to The Sims 3? Admittedly I haven't played since buying The Sims 4).
    If that is the case though, I already have all of the old games on CD. At this point I'm not sure I would pay more money to buy something that I already own but is just defunct. But then that's just me.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is not Defunct. :neutral:
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2021
    Rflong7 wrote: Β»
    Sorry if this has been explained already but I'm guessing the old CD disks no longer work? I'm not familiar with why they're not available anymore (and does this apply to The Sims 3? Admittedly I haven't played since buying The Sims 4).
    If that is the case though, I already have all of the old games on CD. At this point I'm not sure I would pay more money to buy something that I already own but is just defunct. But then that's just me.

It was another way of saying that I won't personally be buying it on Origin if it doesn't work manually through the disks like it used to. Bad choice of words probably.
  • Options

It was another way of saying that I won't personally be buying it on Origin if it doesn't work manually through the disks like it used to. Bad choice of words probably.

I see. :cookie:
    I don't think of it as EA's fault when Windows operating systems changed.

I think you wouldn't play TS2 if it did work. You've moved on. I'm glad you're enjoying the new game.
  • Options

I think you wouldn't play TS2 if it did work. You've moved on. I'm glad you're enjoying the new game.

If it did work, I'd gladly play on the game. There's aspects of it that I do actually miss. The University expansion pack was my favourite and would love to have a chance to play on it again. Next time I'm at my parents I may have a crack at trying the games again as a last ditch attempt to see if they work. (All my Sims 2 disks are there.) Thanks for explaining though that it was just Windows operating system that has changed and not EA. I'm guessing it's the same for the Sims 3? I can still see it on my Origin account but unsure if it would work despite it being on my account.
    I really don't have a clue about how much these things have changed so I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude, I'm just out of touch lol (one of the reasons I joined the forums).
  • Options
    Lulu29 wrote: Β»

If it did work, I'd gladly play on the game. There's aspects of it that I do actually miss. The University expansion pack was my favourite and would love to have a chance to play on it again. Next time I'm at my parents I may have a crack at trying the games again as a last ditch attempt to see if they work. (All my Sims 2 disks are there.) Thanks for explaining though that it was just Windows operating system that has changed and not EA. I'm guessing it's the same for the Sims 3? I can still see it on my Origin account but unsure if it would work despite it being on my account.
    I really don't have a clue about how much these things have changed so I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude, I'm just out of touch lol (one of the reasons I joined the forums).

It's alright. I am probably being too defensive. :):cookie:
    I still have TS2 disks which I can play on my Win7 computer. I can also install the compilations of TS2 on Win10- which is how they combined the TS2 Ultimate collection.
  • Options
    Lulu29 wrote: Β»

It's alright. I am probably being too defensive. :):cookie:
    I still have TS2 disks which I can play on my Win7 computer. I can also install the compilations of TS2 on Win10- which is how they combined the TS2 Ultimate collection.

No worries. :) I have Windows 7 too, so when I get up there (a 4 hr journey, serves me right for moving so far away lol) I'll have a go at downloading again. I miss having to shop for clothes and groceries. That was another aspect that I liked about that game. Back then I used to bother playing with the pre-mades too. Also spent a lot of time with my childhood friends playing on the game and seeing how ridiculous we could make the characters look, so a lot of fond memories of the Sims 2. :)
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    EA really needs to put Sims 1 Complete Collection and Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin so people can buy those games. I know I'd buy them!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    [quote="Lulu29;c-17950560"]
    I miss having to shop for clothes and groceries. That was another aspect that I liked about that game. [/quote]

I miss those too. I used to recolour clothing all the time too! I’m not entirely sure how to do it with Sims 4, as it requires software I don’t have. Sims 2 had an easy button to export clothing into images. I keep getting frustrated by clothing that’s the wrong colours for my sims. And I want more kimono patterns! (I’m a kimono collector IRL) and Twi’lek heads that match the in game skin colours. And custom skin and eyes that don’t overwrite the existing ones.
    Most of my sims had jewel colour skins and custom eyes.
  • Options
    Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    I started playing with the Sims 2. There's nothing more I'd love to have it available again, and YES - I'd pay real money to purchase it. I'd know I would get my money's worth. The gameplay was top tier.
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,399 Member
    @Plumb0b_Claire You can still play the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Many sources online if you look for them
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    They would make an absolute killing in cash if they remade Sims 2 with updated graphics, an open world and universal ageing. I think most of us would be willing to buy it all again. Luckily all my S2 is on discs so I've been able to reinstall it and I do play it now and then. Still playing S3 mostly though, S4 has been a complete fail for me and I regret every buying any of it.
  • Options
    SimSpock wrote: Β»
    SimSpock wrote: Β»
    bixters wrote: Β»
    YES PLEASE!!

....And the Sims 1. They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D

Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.

If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.

You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.

You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.

I much prefer playing an open world and that's why my Sims 4 was a waste of money, not played often at all and I'm still playing S3. Don't down people because they like different from you. If you don't like an open world then you have 3 other Sims titles to choose from.

• Options
    Lucky me. I have TS2, disk version, complete and running just fine on an ancient PC. I got UC for my Win 10 PC however many years ago after explaining to the rep that all my attempts to install my disk version were unsuccessful. He gave me UC as he could verify my disk ownership. Said something about there is enough difference in the installation code between disks and UC so that the former won't install properly on Win 10. Had the same issues with Vista and WIn 7-8. Can't guarantee they will still be nice if you own disks, but might be worth a try.

Add me to the list. The game is too good with too much potential to be ignored.

I managed to get Sims 2 running well on my old windows 7 PC. The trick is to not let the game update as you install each pack, just patch it all at the end.

• Options
    Its not my experience, many have experienced worse gameplay on more modern machines. The causes of Sims 3's issues are many and complicated and not all respond well to brute force.

All the EA worlds have issues, you just have to read the description of what she fixed and all are helped by using Ellacharmed's fixes, or fixing them yourself, like you did

Also, nowhere did I say Sims 4 is a better game than Sims 3. Although it does do vampires and toddlers better (apart from the lack of strollers and the high chair issue).

Who said you had to ever use brute force? You'd just break something, lol! Maybe that's why they're having problems - they're fixing it the wrong way! Also the majority of TS3 players who do have the recent models of computers have managed to make the transition just fine. So if most people were able to work it out, then maybe it's not the game - it's the person!

Like I said, I only fixed Isla Paradiso. I never fixed or replaced the other EA worlds with Ellacharmed's versions because I never needed to. None of the others lagged or had any other problems when I played them. So it was a big surprise when I learned that they were supposed to be problematic. I just never really come across them. *Shrug* Anyway, EA worlds are just a small part now of the whole collection. There are literally hundreds of other worlds now, that have better routing and less bugs because their creators had more time to test them. So if you don't want to even bother with the fixes, you've got a ton of other worlds to play. Whereas with TS4 - that 20 or little neighborhoods is all they've got.

I never played the vampires and toddlers in TS4 so I don't really miss that in TS3. In light of everything else it has which is so much more than TS4, I'm pretty happy with the vampires and toddlers in TS3. Also if I ever feel like changing them up, I can always add mods to make them different or enhanced if I want.

I agree, my Sims 3 runs well on Windows 10. I only play worlds I built myself and they are all big.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top