May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

👏 PUT 👏 THE 👏 SIMS 👏 2 👏 ULTIMATE 👏 COLLECTION 👏 ON 👏 ORIGIN

Comments

  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 2,366 Member


    Yeah, when sims in TS2 "make out" on a couch, it's really quite graphic! 😳

    That and couple other things what would never ever appear in game at these days.. different times then and now, sadly.
    Those who have seen your face, draw back in fear.
    I am the mask you wear, it's me they hear.
    My spirit and your voice, In one combined.
    The Phantom of the Opera is there... Inside your mind..
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,381 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    YES PLEASE!!

    ....And the Sims 1. They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

    They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

    It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D

    Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

    That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.

    If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.

    You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.

    You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

    The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.


    When TS4 ends, they might re-release TS2, when it's no longer a threat to TS4, if it makes you feel any better. They might also release a TS3 Ultimate Collection then as well.


    It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 166 Member
    Sims 2 is awesome, i want to play it again too :)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,858 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    YES PLEASE!!

    ....And the Sims 1. They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

    They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

    It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D

    Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

    That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.

    If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.

    You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.

    You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

    The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.


    When TS4 ends, they might re-release TS2, when it's no longer a threat to TS4, if it makes you feel any better. They might also release a TS3 Ultimate Collection then as well.


    It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.


    EA would try to make TS3 look bad by pointing out that it's so laggy while TS4 runs so smooth, that its sims are ugly while TS4's are so pretty, that sims in TS3 are stuck in one world (when in fact they can travel to all the hundreds of worlds) but TS4 sims can travel between its handful of small neighborhoods. And so many other put-downs. They don't do that much anymore because TS3 is too amazing and brings them a decent amount of profit, especially now that more and more people have the more recent powerful computers and graphics cards.

    I don't know why you're mad at me. I'm not the one who is preventing TS2 from being sold on Origin - that's EA. Be mad at them. I'm just telling you why they won't, smh....


    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 736 Member
    edited May 16
    @ClarionOfJoy The ability to move towns was only added when IP was released. Previously you could only visit vacation worlds and temporarily stay in the Uni world, unless you had NRAAS Traveller. Mind you the travel system is so insanely buggy its madness not to use NRAAS Traveller.

    Also, faster computers don't automatically make Sims 3 behave better, it can actually perform worse. What has pushed the recent uptick popularity of Sims 3 is there are now a lot of easily understandable guides on optimising, debugifying and generally taming Sims 3, with several popular Youtubers doing their own guides. And just as many on making it look good. 6 years ago, a lot of people were unaware of Ellacharmed's Routing Fixed Worlds or were afraid to use mods, now pretty much anyone who still plays Sims 3 uses her worlds and the various NRAAS mods and probably other bug fix mods.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,858 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy The ability to move towns was only added when IP was released. Previously you could only visit vacation worlds and temporarily stay in the Uni world, unless you had NRAAS Traveller. Mind you the travel system is so insanely buggy its madness not to use NRAAS Traveller.

    Also, faster computers don't automatically make Sims 3 behave better, it can actually perform worse. What has pushed the recent uptick popularity of Sims 3 is there are now a lot of easily understandable guides on optimising, debugifying and generally taming Sims 3, with several popular Youtubers doing their own guides. And just as many on making it look good. 6 years ago, a lot of people were unaware of Ellacharmed's Routing Fixed Worlds or were afraid to use mods, now pretty much anyone who still plays Sims 3 uses her worlds and the various NRAAS mods and probably other bug fix mods.


    Do we need to point out that TS4 is non-playable in live mode without the tons of mods just to get most of it to work right? And there's still many bugs that haven't been fixed yet, some are still from years ago. No, it's taken for granted that mods are what people use to play TS4 in live mode, so why is this such a double standard for TS3?

    I agree there were problems with the traveling system without Twallan's Traveller mod, but since we DO have the mod and nothing to prevent us from using it except our willingness or lack of it, then this is really a non-issue. It's all that EA/Maxis and TS4 simmers can do to distract from the fact that TS4 has only about 20 or so small neighborhoods that can't be customized or added to. You can't even place lots where you want. You can't create new neighborhoods (much less large worlds or any other size). It just looks really bad next to TS3 and its hundreds of fan-made worlds of all different sizes and shapes and biomes. All of which can be customized for everyone who plays them to make them their own. The amount of creative freedom is one of TS3's major attractive features and why it still does so well in the stores - despite EA and it's minions fibbing that it's the worst product ever.

    Also you saying that "faster computers don't automatically make Sims 3 better" is just your opinion and not the actual experience of TS3 owners with faster computers. It is fact TS3 actually DOES run better in faster computers and drives. Because CPU power determines how many sims are in a community lot and pets allowed to roam free in the world, the worlds become so much more livelier! I have all the EPs installed and I allow all the different types of life in my worlds, so there are a ton of townies and visiting tourists from other TS3 worlds and lots of fauna from the Pets EP roaming all over the place. I REALLY love it!

    Even when I had my old 2014 computer with 4gb RAM and integrated Intel graphics, Sims 3 still ran well - even better when I moved the game to an SSD and installed a game booster so that I can load all the EPs and SPs, Sims 3 Store items and CC at once - especially Origin's TS3 v. 1.69. So even on slower computers, it was very playable. I think it's just exaggerated that TS3 is so unplayable to try to get people to buy TS4. But if it was true that TS3 was so unplayable, then why is there STILL such a large fan base (and growing!) that was somehow able to manage playing it? The game should have died even back then when computers were slower, but it didn't!

    I don't use Ellacharmed's fixed worlds, because I didn't even know the worlds were broken and did not notice anything gamebreaking when I played those worlds. I DID try her Isla Paradiso world, but I decided that I wanted to fix the world myself and so I always use my own fixed world for playing.

    I also just love the fact that there are literally hundreds of TS3 worlds - all so different from each other and the fact that the TS3 simmers can make adjustments to those worlds to custom fit it for their own stories, challenges and playstyle. TS3 is just seriously a PHENOMENAL life simulation game!

    You can't really do any of that in TS4 and I actually feel bad for TS4 simmers having so little in that way. This is why I get annoyed when some supposedly delicate people try to nag Maxis into removing gameplay from TS4. It's like, "What?!?? It's already so bland - you want to take more stuff OUT of it??? Just STOP!!!"


    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 736 Member
    edited May 16
    Its not my experience, many have experienced worse gameplay on more modern machines on an unoptimized copy. The causes of Sims 3's issues are many and complicated and not all respond well to brute force. But I agree that SSD's definitely are a gift from heaven to Sims 3 players.

    All the EA worlds have issues, you just have to read the description of what she fixed and all are helped by using Ellacharmed's fixes, or fixing them yourself, like you did

    Also, _nowhere_ did I say Sims 4 is a better game than Sims 3 or that Sims 3 was unplayable. Although it does do vampires and toddlers better (apart from the lack of strollers and the high chair issue).

    EDIT: clarified

    EDIT2 Also, we are getting off track. One thing we can agree on is that the Sims 2 UC should be on Origin, or on GoG if they are unwilling to support it. They have plenty of other classics on GoG which are no longer supported, like SimsCity 2k, 3k and 4
    Post edited by WaytoomanyUIDs on
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited May 16
    It's true that better specs are important. In my case they're the variable that changed it all...

    I have followed the steam performance guide for sims 3 a couple of years ago in my old laptop and the game lagged anyway.
    Now with a gaming laptop and the exact same fixes my game loads in 5 seconds and never lags.

    The game is much more alive than 4 with all townies living their lives meaningfully, sims acting according to their traits and no broken order queues (i can prepare extensive order queues for all sims in the household and they will do it all).
    Take it from someone that also likes to play 4. In no way i'm trying to put it down. It is just what it is...
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited May 16
    Its not my experience, many have experienced worse gameplay on more modern machines. The causes of Sims 3's issues are many and complicated and not all respond well to brute force.

    All the EA worlds have issues, you just have to read the description of what she fixed and all are helped by using Ellacharmed's fixes, or fixing them yourself, like you did

    Also, nowhere did I say Sims 4 is a better game than Sims 3. Although it does do vampires and toddlers better (apart from the lack of strollers and the high chair issue).


    Who said you had to ever use brute force? You'd just break something, lol! Maybe that's why they're having problems - they're fixing it the wrong way! Also the majority of TS3 players who do have the recent models of computers have managed to make the transition just fine. So if most people were able to work it out, then maybe it's not the game - it's the person!

    Like I said, I only fixed Isla Paradiso. I never fixed or replaced the other EA worlds with Ellacharmed's versions because I never needed to. None of the others lagged or had any other problems when I played them. So it was a big surprise when I learned that they were supposed to be problematic. I just never really come across them. *Shrug* Anyway, EA worlds are just a small part now of the whole collection. There are literally hundreds of other worlds now, that have better routing and less bugs because their creators had more time to test them. So if you don't want to even bother with the fixes, you've got a ton of other worlds to play. Whereas with TS4 - that 20 or little neighborhoods is all they've got.

    I never played the vampires and toddlers in TS4 so I don't really miss that in TS3. In light of everything else it has which is so much more than TS4, I'm pretty happy with the vampires and toddlers in TS3. Also if I ever feel like changing them up, I can always add mods to make them different or enhanced if I want.

    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 736 Member
    A faster machine is brute force
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,858 Member
    A faster machine is brute force


    No it isn't. Explain how is it brute force? If it is brute force, then playing the ALL the old games is on brute force as well - not just TS3. So why the double standard?

    A faster CPU lets TS3 take advantage of that feature to allow more townies, tourists and pets to be active in community lots and roam in the worlds. You wrote that there are problems and complications with a faster computer playing TS3, but you've not ever been specific while I've been specific about how TS3 has been better with it.


    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 20,746 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    We will pay you money!

    Look at all this money we have, EA!

    WE WANT TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY
    WHY DON'T YOU WANT MONEY

    I would love for the newer players to be able to try Sims 2. Hopefully they'll get the chance.
    Do more of what makes you happy. 🌞
  • MareahMareah Posts: 686 Member
    If they don't wanna sell it, then instead give it away for free like last time :p
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 195 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

    Considering the massive trend toward remakes and remasters these days—Rome: Total War, Final Fantasy VII, the early Resident Evil games, just off the top of my head—there's definitely a market for it.

  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,439 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    I've managed to finesse TS2 UC for a few friends after it was "pulled." You just need to speak to the right rep.

    I'm listening.... please go on

    EA has been very explicit that they will not give anyone else Sims 2 UC and to stop asking. They released a statement about it. You may still be able to find individual disks on Amazon or ebay though.

    I got it for free back in 2014 when it was added automatically to my library because I owned the game on Origin. Even so, if they were to make some significant updates to the game I'd pay for a new copy.

    I still buy/play Sims 4 too though, I go back and forth. Keeps me from getting bored.

    Well, clearly they aren't following through with that because I still got it for friends after their statement.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,439 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    I've managed to finesse TS2 UC for a few friends after it was "pulled." You just need to speak to the right rep.

    I'm listening.... please go on

    I'll PM you.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 103 Member
    The Sims 3 for Mac is horribly broken. I can't use terrain paints, my thumbnails are always breaking, the game crashes constantly, I can't get the graphics to look normal, the sound is garbled, etc. I don't think most of these are just me either.

    And yet EA blames technical issues for their discontinuing Sims 2 Origin support? I'm going to call BS. It has a few issues that are easily fixable.

    It wouldn't even have to be free, I'm sure even if it cost a decent amount people would be willing to buy. I can't fathom EA saying "no" to money, but that's really what they're doing here. Even though Sims 2 is a better game imo, it's still different than Sims 4. Build mode is less advanced, CAS is more limited and less diverse, and there's no fame system, active careers, and a lot more. Builders especially wouldn't abandon Sims 4 for 2!

    This isn't to say the Sims 2 doesn't offer things that 4 doesn't, it's just that I think the games are different enough that they wouldn't see the mass exodus we (and probably they) hypothesize about.

  • haneulhaneul Posts: 748 Member
    edited May 19
    They can't put the Sims 2 UC back on Origin because it's just too unstable on many modern computers. (It doesn't work on my computer at all - even though I've tried numerous mods and other things to get it working.) It would cost money/resources for them to fix/stabilize it and they don't want to bother.
    And yet EA blames technical issues for their discontinuing Sims 2 Origin support? I'm going to call BS. It has a few issues that are easily fixable.
    They're not easily fixable for everyone though. At some point, I just gave up trying - I don't think it plays nicely with my graphics card (Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti). I never bothered asking Origin support, but I can imagine that dealing with people who aren't that tech savvy and asking them to do a bunch of different stuff to see if they could just possibly get a free game working would be a nightmare/poor use of resources.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,381 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    YES PLEASE!!

    ....And the Sims 1. They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

    They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

    It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D

    Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

    That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.

    If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.

    You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.

    You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

    The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.


    When TS4 ends, they might re-release TS2, when it's no longer a threat to TS4, if it makes you feel any better. They might also release a TS3 Ultimate Collection then as well.


    It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.

    I don't know why you're mad at me. I'm not the one who is preventing TS2 from being sold on Origin - that's EA. Be mad at them. I'm just telling you why they won't, smh....

    Mad...?

    29d.jpg
    wJbomAo.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,858 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    YES PLEASE!!

    ....And the Sims 1. They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

    They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

    It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D

    Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

    That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.

    If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.

    You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.

    You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

    The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.


    When TS4 ends, they might re-release TS2, when it's no longer a threat to TS4, if it makes you feel any better. They might also release a TS3 Ultimate Collection then as well.


    It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.

    I don't know why you're mad at me. I'm not the one who is preventing TS2 from being sold on Origin - that's EA. Be mad at them. I'm just telling you why they won't, smh....

    Mad...?

    29d.jpg


    You wrote this to me:
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.


    As if I had anything to do with TS2 not being sold. I'm just directing your anger to the people who truly have power over TS2's availability - and that's EA.

    So don't tell me that TS2 is not a threat to TS4 - I have no power to get EA to sell it again. You need to make your argument with EA and convince them! Smh....fighting with the wrong people.... No wonder you're not getting anywhere with your demands.


    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited May 20
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    YES PLEASE!!

    ....And the Sims 1. They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

    They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

    It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D

    Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

    That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.

    If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.

    You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.

    You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

    The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.


    When TS4 ends, they might re-release TS2, when it's no longer a threat to TS4, if it makes you feel any better. They might also release a TS3 Ultimate Collection then as well.


    It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.

    I don't know why you're mad at me. I'm not the one who is preventing TS2 from being sold on Origin - that's EA. Be mad at them. I'm just telling you why they won't, smh....

    Mad...?

    29d.jpg


    You wrote this to me:
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.


    As if I had anything to do with TS2 not being sold. I'm just directing your anger to the people who truly have power over TS2's availability - and that's EA.

    So don't tell me that TS2 is not a threat to TS4 - I have no power to get EA to sell it again. You need to make your argument with EA and convince them! Smh....fighting with the wrong people.... No wonder you're not getting anywhere with your demands.


    I know what I wrote.
    I still don't know why you think I'm mad at you. I barely even remember your name.
    wJbomAo.png
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,381 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

    Considering the massive trend toward remakes and remasters these days—Rome: Total War, Final Fantasy VII, the early Resident Evil games, just off the top of my head—there's definitely a market for it.

    Don't forget Mass Effect!
    Three games, EA games in fact, that got a remaster literally a week ago, even though they're working on a new one right now.

    EA knows there's a market for remasters, and they know it won't stop people buying their more modern games.
    wJbomAo.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,739 Member
    If Todd Howard was in charge of EA, we'd probably still be playing Sims 2 Super-duper special edition in 2031.

    This doesn't even sound that bad to me right now.
    Whom one loves, it matters not, but how it's delivered.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 548 Member
    No, Steam, not Origin.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited May 20
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    I've managed to finesse TS2 UC for a few friends after it was "pulled." You just need to speak to the right rep.

    I'm listening.... please go on

    I'll PM you.

    Customer service is already often not very helpful, bothering them with something they've told you to leave them alone about is not going to help. The higher ups made the decision and you are just harassing the messenger.

    Maybe at some point in the future they will have another giveaway. My husband is of the opinion that their release of UC in the first place was a way to say "Here. Now we're done with it." He's probably right, but we can dream.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top