May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

👏 PUT 👏 THE 👏 SIMS 👏 2 👏 ULTIMATE 👏 COLLECTION 👏 ON 👏 ORIGIN

13...Next

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,381 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    I've managed to finesse TS2 UC for a few friends after it was "pulled." You just need to speak to the right rep.

I'm listening.... please go on

I'll PM you.

Customer service is already often not very helpful, bothering them with something they've told you to leave them alone about is not going to help. The higher ups made the decision and you are just harassing the messenger.

Maybe at some point in the future they will have another giveaway. My husband is of the opinion that their release of UC in the first place was a way to say "Here. Now we're done with it." He's probably right, but we can dream.

Counterpoint: if customer service keeps telling their managers that people KEEP asking for Sims 2, eventually the managers will have to let THEIR bosses know about it

Make enough noise, and your complaints move up the corporate ladder. That's just How To Talk To Business 101.
    wJbomAo.png
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,615 Member
    I bet it's not PC enough. After all, woohooing LOOKED like woohooing and there were all kinds of interesting things happening.

Can't have us actually playing a life simulator!

imagine playing a life simulator when there's a perfectly good build simulator being expanded on right now!!!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,381 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    No, Steam, not Origin.

The only advantage Steam would have is that it has the Steam Workshop--but EA already doesn't support mods, so they're not gonna add Steam Workshop support.

I like Steam too, but the only difference between Steam and Origin really is that they're different names for the same thing--a program that lets you download and play games. When you get down to brass tacks, that's really all you'd be using either for in the context of The Sims 2, playing the game.
    wJbomAo.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,651 Member
    Counterpoint: if customer service keeps telling their managers that people KEEP asking for Sims 2, eventually the managers will have to let THEIR bosses know about it

Make enough noise, and your complaints move up the corporate ladder. That's just How To Talk To Business 101.

I don't know how much the various parts of EA actually communicate with each other, but that's a valid point.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • AmayzAmayz Posts: 1 New Member
    If you have a Mac you can go to the App Store and download the sims 2 super collection! It doesn’t have all the packs I don’t think but still super fun and runs better on my laptop than sims 4!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited May 21
    Amayz wrote: »
    If you have a Mac you can go to the App Store and download the sims 2 super collection! It doesn’t have all the packs I don’t think but still super fun and runs better on my laptop than sims 4!

It only has a few packs, but that is a good option for Mac users who don't have a Windows partition set up or don't have UC.

It really is too bad they never finished it. I don't think they felt there were enough Mac players at the time for it to be worth it, and they were probably right. I didn't make the switch until 2009, just before I bought Sims 3. I've had to have a Windows partition set up since because I won't give up my ability to play with all the packs.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited May 21
    SimSpock wrote: »
    SimSpock wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    YES PLEASE!!

....And the Sims 1. They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D

Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.

If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.

You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.

You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.

When TS4 ends, they might re-release TS2, when it's no longer a threat to TS4, if it makes you feel any better. They might also release a TS3 Ultimate Collection then as well.

It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.

I don't know why you're mad at me. I'm not the one who is preventing TS2 from being sold on Origin - that's EA. Be mad at them. I'm just telling you why they won't, smh....

Mad...?

29d.jpg

You wrote this to me:
    It's not a threat to TS4!
    If TS2 is a threat, then so is TS3.

As if I had anything to do with TS2 not being sold. I'm just directing your anger to the people who truly have power over TS2's availability - and that's EA.

So don't tell me that TS2 is not a threat to TS4 - I have no power to get EA to sell it again. You need to make your argument with EA and convince them! Smh....fighting with the wrong people.... No wonder you're not getting anywhere with your demands.

I know what I wrote.
    I still don't know why you think I'm mad at you. I barely even remember your name.

Was I rude to you? Why are you making this personal? I'm just telling you who you should try to convince (EA) and not to take that energy out on people here like me since I'm so insignificant. You're putting me down even though I'm not fighting with you.

Responding to me that way isn't going to get TS2 into store. Stay focused! Smh....

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

Screenshot-186.jpg

• TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 169 Member
    My TS2 is on origin, I have the ultimate collection...but I had the all the ep and sp so they gave it to me for free...But I do agree, EA should put a compatible version of TS2 out for purchase. Maybe even bundle it with TS1 and give it a cliché, gimmicky name like, "The Sims Ultimate Classic Special Edition Vol 1"
    tenor.gif?itemid=12024232
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 263 Member
    Already got it. Now I just need S1, please!
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 322 Member
    Tonight, I literally lost track of time playing TS2- that used to happen more than I care to admit some 10+ years ago. I realized very quickly, the only mods I have in my game, are cc clothing, skin, hair, and makeup. Along with some baby outfits and nursery items, and a few custom food options. That is all that is really missing from that game. Its sad really, TS2 is a proper simulator, and I honestly think, many of the young generation who prefer family play, would find that version so much more appealing, they would stop playing TS4 (at least until or unless they give family players, more family play options) - and EA knows it. I cannot figure out any other reason why they will not allow the new generations of Sim players, to experience TS2 for themselves.