Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Romance Issue?

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
Sorry if this isn't allowed or is posted in the wrong section.

I'm having an issue in my game with the Pleasant sisters. Angela for some strange reason has romantic interactions showing up for her sister Lilith and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've tried removing all my mods and cc to see if that's the issue but it still happens in my game with no mods or cc. The relationships panel still shows them as sisters so I'm a little confused and concerned at the same time.

Has anybody else had issues like this at any point?

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    The only time I've ever had this happen was because I accidently used the romance cheat on the kid instead of the friendship. I was fixing the relationship between the parents and didn't scroll up far enough to the friendship cheat. I exited without saving, so no harm done.

I'm pretty sure many in the community have complained about this issue though. Go check out AHQ, I think this has been reported.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I heard some people say this has happened because the Sim got into the Flirty mood autonomously and did a flirty interaction on their own.

If you have the MCCC mod installed, you can go into the settings and delete the romantic relationship bar between them.

Aside from that, maybe duplicating them in CAS and deleting the original ones. I had to do that once after I messed around with the family tree and made a mistake.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Sharonia There is a bug report for group conversation leading to inappropriate love interest here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p/9732350#M161588 They are looking for saves with this issue. You can see SimGuruNick's post with the request and a link as to how to send saves on page 2.

I play vanilla and I've only had this happen once, about a month ago. Fortunately, the issue appears to crop up only rarely. I did "me too" the bug report and send my save to SimGuruNick. As for fixing it in my game, I opted to just let the romance bar empty because I don't use mods and I didn't take the time to roll back to an earlier save because I wasn't sure when the issue started. There are several simmers in the thread, though, who have posted what action they took so you might want to take a minute and read through it.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    @Sharonia There is a bug report for group conversation leading to inappropriate love interest here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p/9732350#M161588 They are looking for saves with this issue. You can see SimGuruNick's post with the request and a link as to how to send saves on page 2.

I play vanilla and I've only had this happen once, about a month ago. Fortunately, the issue appears to crop up only rarely. I did "me too" the bug report and send my save to SimGuruNick. As for fixing it in my game, I opted to just let the romance bar empty because I don't use mods and I didn't take the time to roll back to an earlier save because I wasn't sure when the issue started. There are several simmers in the thread, though, who have posted what action they took so you might want to take a minute and read through it.

The weird thing is that they actually don't have a romance bar as of yet. It's just romantic interactions in the social menu and they're only showing up for Angela towards Lilith. Lilith has no romantic interactions towards Angela.
    PzAGRN9.png
    fG63Hcu.png
    BO3m3V3.png

Nothing has happened or changed in my game other than the recent updates. I haven't touched any relationship settings in any mods or anything and the game itself still recognizes them as being sisters.

I've tried removing all mods and custom content and also have repaired my game but it's still the same. This is a two year old save that has a lot of progress in it. I really don't want to have to start over with a new save. It seems like my only option is to wait until they eventually fix it but lord knows how long that will take or even if they ever will fix it. It's actually quite saddening to think that all my game progress of the last two years is potentially gone to waste.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Sharonia I don't think the adoring sentiment is considered romantic, just indicative of a close relationship. There would be a romance bar if you had a romantic relationship and you would see a romantic relationship description next to sister rather than good friends, if you had a problem. I would say just carry on playing without giving this anymore thought :)

Edited to Add: I don't think those romantic options should be showing up so don't click them and inadvertently start a romantic relationship. I'm going to check my game more closely for that adoring sentiment to see who has it.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    @Sharonia I don't think the adoring sentiment is considered romantic, just indicative of a close relationship. There would be a romance bar if you had a romantic relationship and you would see a romantic relationship description next to sister rather than good friends, if you had a problem. I would say just carry on playing without giving this anymore thought :)

Yeah it’s not the sentiment that’s the issue. If you look at the top picture Angela has romantic social interactions showing for Lilith in the social menu. Like “Whisper Sweet Nothings” and “Tickle Mercilessly”. Those interactions are romance interactions. They normally only show up for people that have a romance.
  • Options
    @Sharonia See my edit to my post. We must have been typing at the same time :)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Maybe just ignore it? As long as they aren’t autonomously doing romance interactions with each other, it shouldn’t affect your game play. A little weird and annoying to know it’s there, of course...
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've had this autonomous flirting come up as well when i'm not on my played households, even with mods to stop it from happening and it is still happening. i saw one yesterday in a group setting between girls who have zero interest in each other and yet one was doing a momentary shoulder massage with another and yet one of the rules you don't do in the club is conduct any romantic interactions.

out of interest it has also happened between sisters who have no interest in each other. I couldn't catch the interaction the first time with the sisters, one of the sisters even had a friend over and one of them was flirting with the friend as well.

At One point playing another household looking to fish, i dropped on the lot with the sisters and went fishing nearby, not realising the game itself was building a romantic relationship between the sisters.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I heard some people say this has happened because the Sim got into the Flirty mood autonomously and did a flirty interaction on their own.

If you have the MCCC mod installed, you can go into the settings and delete the romantic relationship bar between them.

Aside from that, maybe duplicating them in CAS and deleting the original ones. I had to do that once after I messed around with the family tree and made a mistake.

That doesn't delete the relationship bar. I want to have that romantic bar deleted, not simply made empty.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited April 2021
    No romance bar, maybe some mod unlocked it and it got stuck that way. Try rerolling save? Or deleting relationship and setting it again with mccc?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Do they have romance bar?

After a few flirty interactions, the bar shows up and builds the longer the autonomy as usual is left on its own.
  • Options
    Hoverael wrote: »

After a few flirty interactions, the bar shows up and builds the longer the autonomy as usual is left on its own.

I would delete their relationship entirely, then set it again using mccc.
  • Options

And then it happens again. There is no point right now. The only wany around i know is to split the sisters up and then delete their relationships between each and set it back, the trouble is that there are certain familial things like super siblings that might be lost, so one of the sisters will have to revert to a teenager before setting that relationship back, and then ageing her up afterwards.

Even that is suspect, especially if the the game autonomy brings the sister around and they start going at it again.

Right now the only real thing i can do about it is keep my eye on them like a hawk and avoid fliry conversation rolls. Unfortunately i won't be able to catch them all, much like that mischief interaction children and teenagers use: monkey around, these flirty interactions could be nastily added to the order and acted on the moment it is added, from there it's about avoiding further contact.

This flirty thing is really disrupting gameplay and what has started out as slightly perplexing has gone from irritating to annoying.
  • Options

And then it happens again. There is no point right now. The only wany around i know is to split the sisters up and then delete their relationships between each and set it back, the trouble is that there are certain familial things like super siblings that might be lost, so one of the sisters will have to revert to a teenager before setting that relationship back, and then ageing her up afterwards.

Even that is suspect, especially if the the game autonomy brings the sister around and they start going at it again.

Right now the only real thing i can do about it is keep my eye on them like a hawk and avoid fliry conversation rolls. Unfortunately i won't be able to catch them all, much like that mischief interaction children and teenagers use: monkey around, these flirty interactions could be nastily added to the order and acted on the moment it is added, from there it's about avoiding further contact.

This flirty thing is really disrupting gameplay and what has started out as slightly perplexing has gone from irritating to annoying.

I found out how to set super sibling relationship.

ctrl+c, type testingcheats on
    hold shift and click on Angela as Lilith
    find interaction cheat relationship, then add relationship bit
    scroll through list and find super sibling
  • Options
    The way i go about it is delete the relationship, create a new relationship between them and then simply click the sim from the relationship window in the bottom right > mccc > relationships > set active relationship levels... > set active friendly... > true friends.

after this when the teenage sister is ready and has the relationship meter back, i then age her up because the adult sister and the teenage sister were close from the friendly relationship. So when the age up happens they both gain super siblings and deep connection sentiments with each other.

that's more trouble than it is worth going around that merry go round when the romantic bar is active and increasing.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    This issue is troubling me more than I thought it would...

I can't actually bring myself to play the game knowing that this glitch exists. I play in a large rotational save and even if I fix this specific relationship with MCCC I still worry what will happen to all my other family relationships as I play.

I think this is actually a very serious issue that needs to be addressed and fixed asap.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Sharonia when you removed mods an cc did you delete the localthumbcache file? This can store mod info even after you delete the mods. You can use MCCC to not only delete the relationship between sims, but it has a setting to stop autonomous flirting.

MCCC > MC Tuner > Change Interaction Autonomy > Autonomous Flirty : Disabling this setting will turn-off autonomous Flirty and Romantic interactions for Sims.

ETA: The MCCCC setting likely won’t remove the choices from the social wheel, but it will keep your sims from acting on them without your direction.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've added some more sims into my game as cousins are wanting to kiss, if you get me. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Sharonia when you removed mods an cc did you delete the localthumbcache file? This can store mod info even after you delete the mods. You can use MCCC to not only delete the relationship between sims, but it has a setting to stop autonomous flirting.

MCCC > MC Tuner > Change Interaction Autonomy > Autonomous Flirty : Disabling this setting will turn-off autonomous Flirty and Romantic interactions for Sims.

ETA: The MCCCC setting likely won’t remove the choices from the social wheel, but it will keep your sims from acting on them without your direction.

Yeah I did delete it and I also did a full game repair and the problem was still there. I've fixed the issue with MCCC as mentioned above but I don't know if it will happen again. I guess time will tell. The fact that it happened at all though is worrying and maybe something that the development team should look into.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Yeah I did delete it and I also did a full game repair and the problem was still there. I've fixed the issue with MCCC as mentioned above but I don't know if it will happen again. I guess time will tell. The fact that it happened at all though is worrying and maybe something that the development team should look into.

I guess, I’m not all that bothered by it, simply because I know it’s just a random glitch that I can choose to ignore. I’m not in any way compelled to act on it.