Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News Next Week? 👀 Livestream Tuesday 4/27

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    6 new hair color, improved Afro hairstyle, and 16 new Asian eye presets in next patch. Also, a new Kit and Gamepack around the corner.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    New kit and GP coming. TBH in the next few weeks.

Was just going to say this!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    6 new hair color, improved Afro hairstyle, and 16 new Asian eye presets in next patch. Also, a new Kit and Gamepack around the corner.

I'm EXTREMELY exited for the upcoming hair colors....it's about 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Perhaps the new trait slot which we saw again today in the hair color screenshots is an asipration specifically for children and teens coming with an active school pack?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I really would love some non-curly short male hair.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

I'm EXTREMELY exited for the upcoming hair colors....it's about ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time.

SAME. The new eye presets are looking pretty good too though.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited April 2021
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I love SimGuruPopcorn - she is really smart, kind and gentle.

Must quote myself there - she was just so sweet. I want her to do more livestreams!
  • Options
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    @logion I'm still not updated and that's how it looks:

aa1a8a20db8e2f6a83752dbb10549f3e83a1a107.jpg

I just patched my game, and the save file screen was changed completely. It's now a one file across, vertical and scrolling. I hate it. :cry:

Hopefully someone will make a mod to make it look like this again, the way before it was patched.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Curious why they are doing a livesteam about this.

My guess is that a livestream was not originally planned. But the massive rabid response to a couple of tweets on Friday forced a last minute livestream in order to keep the riots at a minimum. That's the only thing that makes sense to me as there really was no need for a livestream for this patch.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    New kit and GP coming. TBH in the next few weeks. I'm calling it, it's the Fairy GP.

I think the next GP will be fairies, too. As far as being excited about a new kit? Not happening after I made the choice to buy Bust the Dust. The Live Stream was not very interesting because what we're getting in this newest update won't actually fix the problems I have been dealing with. I'll be playing off line for a while since I finally have my game in a good place and can play without MCCC throwing LEs at me. Not at all upset the next EP might be held back. Has anyone fully recovered since EL? I haven't so I'd rather wait on an EP if that means it'll be better with fewer issues.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm so happy that we're getting better hair colors, however I noticed there's not going to be added red hair colors. We still need a proper Strawberry Blond (Very light red hair) & a Deep Burgandy Wine hair color (Very dark red hair).
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    New kit and GP coming. TBH in the next few weeks. I'm calling it, it's the Fairy GP.

I think the next GP will be fairies, too. As far as being excited about a new kit? Not happening after I made the choice to buy Bust the Dust. The Live Stream was not very interesting because what we're getting in this newest update won't actually fix the problems I have been dealing with. I'll be playing off line for a while since I finally have my game in a good place and can play without MCCC throwing LEs at me. Not at all upset the next EP might be held back. Has anyone fully recovered since EL? I haven't so I'd rather wait on an EP if that means it'll be better with fewer issues.

What are you talking about? I haven't even recovered from Island Living yet. It's the definition of superficial that EP....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited April 2021
    This draws my attention a lot.
    In the patch note we can find this phrase.
    "The book cradleObject_GENBook is no longer visible to Simmers, it wasn't meant to be ... it wasn't a pretty book. We didn't like doing it!"
    I investigated what it was about and came across a tweet from a person.

I leave here below the link with an image and the tweet
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExLlBc_VEAIVKsX?format=png&name=360x360

What does the deletion from book mean and why does the author of the patch notes apologize? if you can clarify what happens! I would be grateful.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    "The book cradleObject_GENBook is no longer visible to Simmers, it wasn't meant to be ... it wasn't a pretty book. We didn't like doing it!"

What does the deletion from book mean and why does the author of the patch notes apologize? if you can clarify what happens! I would be grateful.

I think the "it's wasn't a pretty book, We didn't like doing it" is a play on a line from Aladdin (the animated one) where Genie tells Aladdin that he can't use a wish to raise the dead.

There's often a lot of pop culture references in the Patch notes. Probably to make them more entertaining.

(And no, I don't think it's a hint towards Genies.)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

What are you talking about? I haven't even recovered from Island Living yet. It's the definition of superficial that EP....

I hear you!! :D Island Living was just as bad as EL, but thought the reference to EL was more relevant because it came out last year.
  • Options
    waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member

I know I noticed some random townies carrying that yellow book with the bird on the cover around as they walked around town since the last patch. So I guess the deletion was to stop that from happening?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited April 2021

I know I noticed some random townies carrying that yellow book with the bird on the cover around as they walked around town since the last patch. So I guess the deletion was to stop that from happening?

Interesting. It looks like that bird on the cover of the book flies out of a broken egg....

Little “chicks” released from their cradles perhaps? 🐣👶🏻
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I had a random sim wonder in to my sims house with that book just this morning I thought it was some kind of cook book
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I had a random sim wonder in to my sims house with that book just this morning I thought it was some kind of cook book

After reading the past several posts, my first thought at seeing this was " please don't eat the babies", but I would never tell anyone that was the first thought that crossed my mind because, you know, it's kinda weird.

Unless the book is named "To Serve Man", then we have shot past weird and entered Twilight Zone territory.
  • Options
    well to be honest I thought the thing was kind of creepy my sim had just put the three alien toddlers to bed when the stranger walked in with the book
    she then smelled the air like they do when there's something good cooking my sim hadn't cook for hours there was nothing but spoiled food on the lot
    she then went over to the toddlers beds and sat down @Monet11
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It's also interesting to note we'll soon get to try out new Sims 4 Packs before they release on Origin.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm pretty sure GENbook = Generic book. And since people here mentioned that it is a generic book NPC sims are carrying around I think that's what "Cradle" stands for. As like "grabbing"/"holding near".

So basically that's a generic prop book for Bookworm sims to show around with. It's probably can not be read and that's why they removed it from debug. To avoid confusion.

I really would like to see Generations EP, but this is definitely not a hint to it. Do not overhype it.
  • Options
    It's also interesting to note we'll soon get to try out new Sims 4 Packs before they release on Origin.

if I only got to try them out though it would not be as fun for me I like to play a new pack for hours after I get it @catloverplayer
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2021
    The xbox twitter account tweeted to them when they announced their livestream... but there wasn't any news as far as I could see... maybe because they plan to do something with them in the future...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

if I only got to try them out though it would not be as fun for me I like to play a new pack for hours after I get it @catloverplayer

I'm sure you'd find a reason you want to buy it. This is just to let people decide if they want to purchase the said pack. If you don't like it you won't buy it.