Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News Next Week? 👀 Livestream Tuesday 4/27

Comments

• Options
    KodaFromSpaceKodaFromSpace Posts: 9 New Member
    I hope we're getting a new world in the update. Something I and many other occult players have been advocating for in a long time is a world specifically designated to occults and no normie sims. We could be getting this world in a free update, but depending on what packs you have will influence which occults show up. So base game would just be ghosts and plant sims, whilst aliens will appear if you have Get to Work, Spellcasters if you have Realm of Magic, and so on. Something like Magic Town or Halloweentown or that hidden forest world from Stardust. This could align with the tweet. "You know you can only use Magic Town if you have occult sims and the new update."
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Livestream tomorrow! Cool!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

Well then tomorrow we probably get the new hairstyle and in May the new hair colours. That's what I call an exciting year 😌
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I hope we're getting a new world in the update. Something I and many other occult players have been advocating for in a long time is a world specifically designated to occults and no normie sims. We could be getting this world in a free update, but depending on what packs you have will influence which occults show up. So base game would just be ghosts and plant sims, whilst aliens will appear if you have Get to Work, Spellcasters if you have Realm of Magic, and so on. Something like Magic Town or Halloweentown or that hidden forest world from Stardust. This could align with the tweet. "You know you can only use Magic Town if you have occult sims and the new update."

I'm hoping for an actual unique world we can build in, even if it's not this time, another time. One that's not just different types of suburbia. Something like Sixam, or the Magic Realm. Halloweentown or Magic Town would be awesome.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Sweet, we're getting some news! I hope it's a new pack announcement or something. That would be awesome. It would also be cool to see more occults added into the game and new romantic interactions. I'm super excited for it, even if it isn't one of the things I really want in the game! I love it when The Sims 4 gets an update.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »

Hey, it's news. Not a pack announcement, but news.

Honestly you never know with their livestreams, they like to hide things in them. They announced bunk beds at the end of the anniversary livestream and in the last livestream they cryptically showed that we're getting new hair colors, sectional sofas and a new CAS trait so I wouldn't be surprised if this time there's a pack teaser in there somewhere as well
  • Options
    simmerbin16simmerbin16 Posts: 46 Member
    Finally some news!! Hopefully we'll be seeing new things, and I also like how they tease new content by just showing them on screen and not talking about it.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It should be a Game Pack
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    Hm, I'm actually thinking if that recent body hair leak is another clue that points towards werewolves being in the works. I think it would be fitting and, if you consider the murphy bed and the full moon picture as clues, it could be that we're getting a pack like that soon. Also, do you think that the body hair might come with tomorrow's update, or was maybe just cc that the sims team did not notice?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Xbox responded to The Sims' tweet.

Interesting, maybe exclusive content? Maybe cross play features?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Some on Twitter are thinking mod support.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Tomorrow cannot come fast enough. Knowing what the next pack is, for me, tends to be more fun than its release. Especially when the community gets hyped over it.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Some on Twitter are thinking mod support.

As someone who plays on Xbox, I'll die. I'm even more intrigued to what this means now.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    MElleSims wrote: »
    Hm, I'm actually thinking if that recent body hair leak is another clue that points towards werewolves being in the works. I think it would be fitting and, if you consider the murphy bed and the full moon picture as clues, it could be that we're getting a pack like that soon. Also, do you think that the body hair might come with tomorrow's update, or was maybe just cc that the sims team did not notice?

Which body hair leak was there?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

The Next Patch will be the Pre EP Patch so that should be interesting.
  • Options
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    MElleSims wrote: »

Which body hair leak was there?

The one Erin Simmer showed on Youtube. The male had what looked like body hair on his arms.
  • Options
    EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > The one Erin Simmer showed on Youtube. The male had what looked like body hair on his arms.

There is a debate about this because the reweet seems to be a CC... Wait and see. 😅 I really want body hair for more realism for men Sims
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The updates that have been done to CAS were okay. And the addition of male body hair isn't a horrible idea. But the game needs a lot of help in the form of bug fixes and toning down the idle animations. CAS assets are not going to make or break the core of the game as much as the game play issues that have been hanging around for years. The game is becoming increasingly unstable for a lot of players. That is quite disconcerting to me because the time is coming when I will need to stop adding anything new if I want to enjoy the game. It won't matter how much free stuff is included in future updates if I can't play in a reasonable manner that makes sense. I'll be watching the Live Stream very closely today. My hope is I'll hear some news about the teams addressing the game's issues before too much longer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The updates that have been done to CAS were okay. And the addition of male body hair isn't a horrible idea. But the game needs a lot of help in the form of bug fixes and toning down the idle animations. CAS assets are not going to make or break the core of the game as much as the game play issues that have been hanging around for years. The game is becoming increasingly unstable for a lot of players. That is quite disconcerting to me because the time is coming when I will need to stop adding anything new if I want to enjoy the game. It won't matter how much free stuff is included in future updates if I can't play in a reasonable manner that makes sense. I'll be watching the Live Stream very closely today. My hope is I'll hear some news about the teams addressing the game's issues before too much longer.

I 100% agree. The game has become extremely buggy and it's starting to become slightly unstable and frustrating to play. I was scared this was going to happen when they set out to develop more content for a 5 year old game which did not have a good base as a start, and here we are. I'm honestly considering not buying any more content until they fix the many broken things in TS4 right now, it feels like almost all features have bugs even basic things like food and fridges are broken. I don't recall this ever happening in TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LJK wrote: »
    Tomorrow cannot come fast enough. Knowing what the next pack is, for me, tends to be more fun than its release. Especially when the community gets hyped over it.

I'm hoping for some info on the next pack also but when asked about a pack reveal in last month's Inside Maxis this was SimGuruFrost's response.

Not sure if he was just referring to that particular livestream or all Inside Maxis livestreams.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I just want open stairwells to work again :)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

My theory is the cause is the Game Engine which is aging.
  • Options

I'm hoping for some info on the next pack also but when asked about a pack reveal in last month's Inside Maxis this was SimGuruFrost's response.

Not sure if he was just referring to that particular livestream or all Inside Maxis livestreams.

Yes I saw that but if Next Month's Patch is a Pre EP Patch we may get an idea of what the theme will be when we see what's coming in it to the base game.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

I remember them mentioning that Inside Maxis live streams are only used to cover base game updates but never paid content.
    I can’t recall when or where I heard this though, so don’t take my word for it. Perhaps it was during the first Inside Maxis? Someone correct me if I’m wrong.