Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News Next Week? 👀 Livestream Tuesday 4/27

Comments

• Options
    LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    I'm really excited about the idea of fairies because fairy Sims were my favorite in TS3. I definitely voted for fairies in the poll, so this would be awesome. Having said that, I'm also excited about the possibility of boarding school or werewolves. I can't wait for the livestream later today!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Xbox responded to The Sims' tweet.

Interesting, maybe exclusive content? Maybe cross play features?
    No most likely mod support.
    Makes sense why Xbox replied, they allow mods to ported for their games. Sony is extremely restrictive with mods.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Am I the only one finding it a tad strange that EA doesn't announce today's live stream on top of these boards? I have no idea when it happens or how to get there...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2021
    Xbox responded to The Sims' tweet.

Interesting, maybe exclusive content? Maybe cross play features?
    No most likely mod support.
    Makes sense why Xbox replied, they allow mods to ported for their games. Sony is extremely restrictive with mods.

Probably, or the stream will have something to do with Microsoft Game Pass.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    LJK wrote: »
    Tomorrow cannot come fast enough. Knowing what the next pack is, for me, tends to be more fun than its release. Especially when the community gets hyped over it.

I'm hoping for some info on the next pack also but when asked about a pack reveal in last month's Inside Maxis this was SimGuruFrost's response.

Not sure if he was just referring to that particular livestream or all Inside Maxis livestreams.

I remember them mentioning that Inside Maxis live streams are only used to cover base game updates but never paid content.
    I can’t recall when or where I heard this though, so don’t take my word for it. Perhaps it was during the first Inside Maxis? Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I suppose it depends what they mean by "covering", technically just showing a teaser image at the end like they did with bunk beds wouldn't be covering it.. I feel like it's way too coincidental that the devs were hinting at something pack related coming on Monday, and then they announce a livestream on that same Monday for it to be nothing.

I'm thinking we'll see one of these in the last 30 seconds
    family.png
    fairy.png
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    They could drop the trailer tomorrow. I think they have announced packs on wednesdays before.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Eco Lifestyle was announced on a Wednesday. I checked. So we might get a teaser at 10. Also the patch code will definitely be hinting to upcoming content.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited April 2021
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The updates that have been done to CAS were okay. And the addition of male body hair isn't a horrible idea. But the game needs a lot of help in the form of bug fixes and toning down the idle animations. CAS assets are not going to make or break the core of the game as much as the game play issues that have been hanging around for years. The game is becoming increasingly unstable for a lot of players. That is quite disconcerting to me because the time is coming when I will need to stop adding anything new if I want to enjoy the game. It won't matter how much free stuff is included in future updates if I can't play in a reasonable manner that makes sense. I'll be watching the Live Stream very closely today. My hope is I'll hear some news about the teams addressing the game's issues before too much longer.

My theory is the cause is the Game Engine which is aging.

Absolutely. This game engine is tired and has been struggling for a while now. I saw that happening after EL was released. I'm going through the packs I have installed and I'm going to disable a couple more to see if that helps. I gave Bust the Dust a shot, but disabled it within four days. There isn't going to be any way I'm going to be able to play with every pack installed. I'd need too many mods. Guess I won't have a complete Sims4 pack collection when it's all over. Because I'm not buying something I can't play. That's more than likely the reason why we've had so many niche packs that not everyone will buy because the theme isn't their style. And we have a lot of packs to choose from that appeal to many different game play preferences. But I don't think we were meant to purchase and play every pack at the same time.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member

I expect nothing and I'm still let down for some reason.
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    I'll be let down if the patch is just bug fixes to be honest. I want the teased base game content or at least a preview of it. Mainly because for some reason I don't experience many bugs so a bug-free game won't be as exciting for me. Really glad for those who do though.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    MElleSims wrote: »
    I'll be let down if the patch is just bug fixes to be honest. I want the teased base game content or at least a preview of it. Mainly because for some reason I don't experience many bugs so a bug-free game won't be as exciting for me. Really glad for those who do though.

Obviously it won't otherwise there would be no stream. I will though, be disappointed if there isn't enough bug fixes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I want updated babies :'(
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

I expect nothing and I'm still let down for some reason.

Hopefully there's some free stuff in the update.
    Otherwise, they need a book called Social Media for Dummies 101, so they know how to not lead on their customers with pointless trolling.
  • Options
    Am I the only one finding it a tad strange that EA doesn't announce today's live stream on top of these boards? I have no idea when it happens or how to get there...

It's possible that it was only planned yesterday in response to the backlash for not releasing anything after those tweets on Friday.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    MElleSims wrote: »

The patch is adding new content to the game.
  • Options
    Well, the twitch stream starts in less than 30 minutes, I'm gonna grab my coffee and get ready for the fun ;)

giphy.gif

• Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Well, the twitch stream starts in less than 30 minutes, I'm gonna grab my coffee and get ready for the fun ;)

giphy.gif

An hour and twenty minutes actually. They're starting it at 11 PT, not 10 PT. Sad face I know.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I hope the patch itself comes in 10 minutes.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope the patch itself comes in 10 minutes.

It should. In March it was an hour before the livestream.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    bixters wrote: »

It's possible that it was only planned yesterday in response to the backlash for not releasing anything after those tweets on Friday.

I don't think that is the reason. One of the previous streams was not announced beforehand, either. Or maybe it was advertised 30 minutes prior to start of stream. I know I can watch a recorded file later, just think it would be more fun if it was executed as a live event for the TS4 community, not limited to simmers who are active on Twitter. I thought using the top ads on the boards was the point of having them there ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg