Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of lives do your sims typically have?

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm about 50/50 on rainbows and cupcakes and dark lives.... hmm. I can say though they aren't very balanced. If they are "dark" they win at being dark and get away with it. If they are rainbow and cupcakes they win at that. Mostly the only rain that falls, falls on NPC's.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My sims live a balanced life with some bad and some good things.
    It’s really a mixture some sims lead happy “rainbow and unicorn” lives. These are households I find hard and boring to play. Some lead mundane lives which I oddly enjoy and some lead more difficult lives which I enjoy. I find a good healthy mix keeps me entertained.
  • Options
    SimGamer2021SimGamer2021 Posts: 11 New Member
    My sims live a ‘rainbows and cupcakes’ life.
    I have loved reading different people's views on this subject.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    For the most part, I let the mods figure it out but I’ll step in occasionally if I need things to go a certain way for a storyline (good or bad). My sims are not delicate little snowflakes so I don’t try to protect them from life. Sims live, sims die, sometimes they get tossed into the back of a black pickup truck never to be seen again. No sim is safe in my game. But I do have some sims that are lucky and end up living the rainbows and cupcakes lifestyle. Others...not so much.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited March 2021
    I let my sims decide how their lives go.
    I pretty much allow my Sims to tell me their story. Sometimes it works out well, and other times … I have had to restart way too many times in the past. In fact with my main save, Erik Cantrell, this is the longest and farthest I've gotten without having to start all over. Phew. But, I do sometimes create an incident or two that can cause some upheaval. In fact, I'm planning something right now. I'm just still on the fence. I don't wish to split Erik's household up, just yet, but his eldest, Jamison, is getting way too friendly with his girlfriend, Ahkiko. She's an orphan, emancipated minor. She has her very own place, not far from the Cantrell residence in Brindleton Bay that she purchased outright using some of her inheritance/life insurance money she received when both of her parents perished and then some additional funds from her elderly grandmother when she died, too. Jamison isn't a gold digger, he's already made close to §10,000 on his own. I almost clicked on the balanced life option, but that's really only sometimes. o:)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    My sims live ‘dark lives’
    "I didn't choose the thug life; the thug life chose me."
    - Count Vlad Straud of Forgotten Hollow
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Technically that all fits me as I'll try any mod at least once to avoid going against the rules on that lol, I enjoy having a large variety even if the rainbows come out for most of them.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    My sims live carefree, drama free lives. <3
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    My sims live ‘dark lives’
    Typically they start out normal like my group of four university kids. Two chicks and two dudes who I've already figured out who is dating who and how they meet depending on their university. They always fall behind in being able to afford tuition (because I never let them apply or if I do they don't/won't qualify for it next semester) and so then they need to find "alternative" means of earning money whether it's with multiple people in a private setting or by selling "things" ( I use mods that can not be named). From there it's usually a downward spiral of horrible decisions which then lead to tragic endings.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I count four kids as a bad decision.😆
    Really depends on the sim.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I chose balanced because I play rotationally, and I have a bit of each.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It varies from save to save.

One of my current saves is a bunch of wannabe teenage witches, living in a haunted house that one of them 'inherited.' It doesnt' have much furnishing, and now a soon to be paranormal investigator has moved in with them.
    Their neighbours live in a nice, fancy house, with nice, fancy furnishing. I think they've been there for generations... though, the adults are only ever seen at night, and the teens are always having house parties. But they've been having electrical issues, flickering lights and such... And this guy in a black car turned up, and keeps ranting about needing more salt.

Is this dark? Or is this just a super fun save?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I put in a balanced life because I have different families with different set ups, and play rotationally between them all.
    I tend to try and give my Sims a relatively drama free life, but sometimes they are hit with snags. Trying to get my Sims with another Sim, and it not working out depresses them, but that isn't too bad of a snag. Most of the drama comes from my teenage Sims, because parenthood makes them kind of moody, so that is a balanced factor.
    I usually create my Sims, and give them long lives, and I do have aging off for the moment. I gave some families teens or kids, with the rest of their kids born in-game, which adds a balanced challenge. Once I get the families where I want them, and on similar pages in life, I plan to turn aging back on, and have the Sims I create age and eventually pass on.
    So, not really cupcakes and rainbows, but not exactly dark lives either.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims do have to work for their happiness. For example, I gave one Sim a hoarder house and challenging personality traits, and only let her clean up the house a certain amount each day. Even so, I would consider it a “rainbows and cupcakes” situation, because there is no real drama, and I’m rooting for her to succeed.

50798480371_141e2107af_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I almost voted My sims live a balanced life with some bad and some good things. but I let my sims decide how their lives go. is more fitting since my game is very whim-driven.

I'm not afraid to let my sims age/die although often I will extend whatever lifespan I'm currently playing on just to have more time with the sims I've grown attached to. (Once modded) I feel like whims can really shape a sim's personality + interests and I'll even change traits to better suit their growing personality. I'm always up for some relationship drama too. One of my complaints is this game is too easy to avoid random deaths. You really gotta try sometimes to make it happen (cowplant, murphy bed, vending machines, fires, etc).
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    My sims do for the most part have pretty happy lives. Even if something unexpected or bad happens I work to make sure they can make the best of it. I do like the drama a bit but honestly, I just want them to be happy.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I really prefer my Sims to sort of choose their own fate. Which is a little difficult, because I find that many Sims tend to act kind of the same. But I look for nuances in what they gravitate to and if they do something unexpected I enjoy that and will completely go with it. I like when the stories tell themselves and surprise me, which has happened a few times. If a Sim seems to go against my direction, I rethink who they are (or who I thought they are and alter the course to follow their lead. I find that it makes things so much more interesting.

I generally do route for my Sims because I tend to put a lot of thought into them and enjoy them. But if they choose a darker path or an unhappy one, that's just who they are, and I'm fine with that.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I picked this option since it really depends on the family. My main family lives is a pretty easy, happy life, but mainly they exist for me to explore new packs, features, and skills, and they are all basically ageless super sims, so they their lives tend to be happy and carefree and just filled with fun experiences. However, I love creating sims with complex relationships and backstories to fill up the rest of my world, so I do play a lot of sims with heartache and sadness and just complicated lives as well.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I probably lean towards happy more often, but I throw challenges in there such as having kids when there's no money, having kids when one parent has the hates children trait, marital problems, and occasional chaos and death caused by some of my less nice occult sims.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    On the one hand, I tend to quietly play out aspirations for the most part. On the other hand, sometimes I see the situation lining up for a death and I'm just like "hmmmmmmm."
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    They are just pixels on a screen, right?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Majority of my sims have chaotic lifestyles depending. If there's an unexpected death I just roll with it. Sims seem prone to catching fire. I don't put them out as they're capable of doing it well..usually
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I tend to play 50/50 depending on mood. Its either cheats up the wazoo and living the life of luxury or rags to riches struggling to get by.
    It seems a waste to play them living an average normal life coz Im doing that myself IRL!
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Recently they've been trending towards dark, but that's mainly because I'm addicted to the difficulty of Dumpster R2Rs. They pee themselves so much (they cannot for the life of them find toilets with any kind of ease). One accidentally died because I use the "Be Gross... Fart" command sometimes to try to empty their bladder faster, and at that particular moment he ended up peeing himself at the same time as pooping himself, and became mortified and died of embarrassment shortly after that.