Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of lives do your sims typically have?

Comments

• princeroprincero Posts: 5 New Member
    My sims live a balanced life with some bad and some good things.
    i like my sims to be cheaters :#
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I mean I have some happy immortal families but even those have few skeletons in their closets

aside from my own sims i often play premades and many of them yes first live happily but then suffer tragic fates and horrible plot twists and perhaps awful deaths

and yes surely some soap opera

Tell me more! I play soap opera stories with Premades too.

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    princero wrote: »
    i like my sims to be cheaters :#
    Mine too
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    My sims live a ‘rainbows and cupcakes’ life.
    Things usually go well for my Sims. They get married, raise children, the children grow up well, they get married and so on. My Sims have different interests and they get a job and do activites based on what they like to do. I play on long life span and the only death I allow is old age.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    My sims live in a world that's like Days of Our Lives meets The Sopranos.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm a sap who loves happy endings. Even my sims in poverty generally live pleasant lives.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • UwUDaWorldUwUDaWorld Posts: 10 New Member
    my sims can have all types of lifestyles, but whatever one i go with, i can assure you it's gonna be a crazy one
  • msmunkiemsmunkie Posts: 36 Member
    Other than challenges like Rags to Riches, my Sims deserve only the best in their short, pixelated lives. I'm not gonna sit around and let the game play itself, but I'm not above watching the Grim Reaper do what's gotta be done. The game's advanced enough after all these years to have enough randomness to keep it interesting. Especially in houses with 8 Sims.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I let my sims decide how their lives go.
    I tend to let my Sims live free will especially with big households. So if something bad, ok, or good happens, all part of building an amazing adventure of a life.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I had enough troubles in real life and I do not want excessive drama in my game. So my sims are mostly picture perfect. I'm absolutely aware about this tendency in all of my games and I enjoy it, honestly.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I picked this option but really it is also mixed with:

“I let my sims decide how their lives go.”

These two ways gives me some highly entertaining yet sad, happy, frustrating times!~
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    My sims live ‘dark lives’
    "My sims" live rainbows and cupcakes lives, can't say the same about their neighbors, My sims tombstone collection is going pretty well with their immortality and vampirism, I also have a blood farm going, it's like a dairy farm but with blood instead of milk and human sims instead of cows.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I play with sims that are poor all the way to super wealthy. I play in rotation so I get to see the rainbows, but also the gutter. I'll be honest, I'm more attached to my gutter sims, though, because they actually have to struggle and be miserable sometimes, but I find those sims have better stories and character development when all is said and done. I have a kid whose mom died in a freak accident (lightning strike) so he went to live with his very poor grandma. He doesn't even have his own bed anymore and he now lives in the smoggy industrial part of town. Despite that, he already had a lot of skills from living with his mom and he's been so engaging and charming to his neighbors that I just love him and hope he is able to get out of that neighborhood someday.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I would say, it depends on the story. Sure, they all don't bath in the money and started mostly with rags to riches. My favourite Sim became my favourite because of the catastrophic life I gave her for her background, although she hasn't an evil or mean trait. She started from nothing and the life gave her lemons, but she made lemonade from it. She just wanted to have a better life because of her past in poverty on the streets and in a gang, and she choose to be ruthless and manipulating to other sims to get what she want and to save what she has already reached.
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    I would like to be mean to my sims, but I just can't. I always work hard so they reach their aspiration, top of their career and a ton of skills. I just don't have the time to be evil!
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I typically advance the storylines of each household over time. They don't happen instantly because on this one save i have over 100 households going, so if i'm to work on their lives it has to be done over a period of time to get anything out of it and that means running cheats to make them immortal, keep them from getting married or pregnant, freezing their body shape and careers (so the game, MCCC and NPCC can't get at them). Some households i could spend a while on and others fall by the way, but eventually all of them do get looked at.

Just recently i updated Laurel Plato to give her make up, she looks a lot more striking now. I added in a new sim Rachel Wallace. I'm also thinking about adding a sister for Ashley Valtman, her sister is exactly like her in almost every way except she dresses a little different.

I'm thinking of a way to split up Harold Thursday and his wife Abigail. Abigail is a little too much of a free spirit and some of those traditional values have come away, including some inhibitions as well, she is more a live than she has ever been and although she loves Harold, she no longer feels as compelled to remain with him as before. Harold can feel her slipping away from the relationship and he knows he can't keep her locked away to this relationship forever but he'll be so bitter to lose her without trying to convince her to come back first.

So i have stories and ideas of where i can to go from here on that save and it's not all rainbows and unicorns, however in some instances it is very much like a fantasy. In other instances it's in an ugly place when i can get someone like Chip Sorris out there fighting with Deshawn LeRoyce, both are criminals from different aspects, one belonged to a motorcycle gang and the other was a gangster. Both lives on the breadline and worse still, Deshawn has a very bright and attentive daughter, she wants nothing to do with his lifestyle or even him but for now Tawnia is biding her time until she becomes a teenager so she can move away.

I can't really answer to any of them, it's too broad to answer as a one size fits all.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I almost voted My sims live a balanced life with some bad and some good things. but I let my sims decide how their lives go. is more fitting since my game is very whim-driven.

I'm not afraid to let my sims age/die although often I will extend whatever lifespan I'm currently playing on just to have more time with the sims I've grown attached to. (Once modded) I feel like whims can really shape a sim's personality + interests and I'll even change traits to better suit their growing personality. I'm always up for some relationship drama too. One of my complaints is this game is too easy to avoid random deaths. You really gotta try sometimes to make it happen (cowplant, murphy bed, vending machines, fires, etc).

I like that we can avoid random deaths, but a toggle would be fine.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    They all get along and generally don't work because of Gen 1 inheritance. So it's being at home or going to clubs and whatnot, living a pretty easy going life.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I tend to go with the flow and see how things develop. I don't plan things out for them.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    I’ve decided what aspirations and careers the kids will have. I thought the idea of one of my Sims cheating would be fun but the reaction of the sim who would get hurt was a damp squid and she was over catching her partner cheating once the heartbroken moodlet had worn off.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    My Sims are testers. They test the game after a patch, when I add a new or updated mod, or whenever there's something that I think needs to be tested. Right now I have two testing the "off the grid" lot trait with gardening as a hobby. They're both doing odd jobs.

All of my Sims earn everything they get. They usually develop friendships and romantic interests based on whims. For the most part, they lead long productive lives. Except for one guy that got his neck snapped while fooling around with a Murphy bed. I hadn't used a Murphy bed in my game in a long time. His death took me by surprise and it changed the entire save because when he died the game was over. I had to add another Sim to the game so I could figure out how to resurrect him. That took longer than I expected it would. It was also one of the most interesting saves that I've played in a while.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My sims live ‘dark lives’
    Wow. .. not too many dark lives I see😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    My sims always are normal people that have problem adjusting in the sims world. The problem they have most of the time is all the flirting going on. It's very confusing. I don't remember being the Sims so flirty. It used to take a lot off effort to make two sims hook up, now they are hitting on everyone even the ones you are flirting with at the moment. Get a new neighbor? they probably start flirting with you after a few interactions. Is there no morality pack? A pack with a cult or religion that says the sims should be less flirty. :)
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited April 2021
    Rainbows and cupcakes mixed with scandal and occasional murder. I play rotationally and to entertain myself, so I see all kinds of stuff going on.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Better lives than I have that is for sure.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.