Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dust? 🤔

Comments

• Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited February 2021
    SimmerErin posted a video on her YouTube channel about the possibility of Sims 4 Kits being a new type of DLC. Basically super small chunks of content and one of them was a vacuum. Another was throwback fitness fashion and the first one was a country kitchen.

Get ready to spend even more money I guess...
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ok, but when do we get cars ?? This is torture !!

Those kits....I don't know. I wanted vacuums so why not. Country Kitchen ? I don't see a matching cabinet. Throwback fitness ? We have way too many sports clothes already.

Also, imagine the mess when people are gonna want to download something from the gallery with all those kits......

Actually......... Now that I think about it, cars could very well come with a Sims 4 Kit lmao

no SHH don't let ea read this comment please lol
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I question the authenticity of this information.

It's real.

Lol! I know I saw it when I got home from my doctor appointment! My wallet is already itchy!
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Those kits....I don't know. I wanted vacuums so why not. Country Kitchen ? I don't see a matching cabinet. Throwback fitness ? We have way too many sports clothes already.

Also, imagine the mess when people are gonna want to download something from the gallery with all those kits......

Actually......... Now that I think about it, cars could very well come with a Sims 4 Kit lmao

That'ld be a kit i would buy :)

Me too.

I can see them releasing a desk light microscope or a normal sized telescope in these kit things. Be cool/more useful if they did a neighbourhood/world pack since they clearly have no intention of releasing an official CAW tool but whatever...
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I can see dust becoming a problem very easily....
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2021
    Was dust never in the game to begin with? What the heck has the maid been cleaning this whole time? Air?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    Was dust never in the game to begin with? What the heck has the maid been cleaning this whole time? Air?

Maids only clean dirty dishes, dirty kitchen counter/sink/toilets..., messes on the floor (puddles, toddler paint), trash and laundry. They don't vacuum or dust the furniture because there is no dust in the game yet. This is about to change thanks to a new small pack called a "kit".
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think there should also be a broom set for people that play in other time periods because, I assume, if you buy the dust kit, the dust bunnies will start collecting. Kind of how they did with the laundry pack and provided both laundry machine and wash basin for hand washing.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    As long as they make it reasonably priced and full of stuff I'd actually use, I think it's cool! I'm wondering if they'll do a BB, CC and Gameplay one each time (meaning 3 at a time)?
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I am intrigued about dust even though I hoped for a game pack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I guess, now, my service Sims can actually "clean" the house. I wonder if the dust is only on the floor or literally everywhere.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Me too.

I can see them releasing a desk light microscope or a normal sized telescope in these kit things. Be cool/more useful if they did a neighbourhood/world pack since they clearly have no intention of releasing an official CAW tool but whatever...

Which means, there's no more free update of certain features since they can actually release it as a kit where the players can pick & choose whichever features that they would like to have for their game. :#
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Me too.

Which means, there's no more free update of certain features since they can actually release it as a kit where the players can pick & choose whichever features that they would like to have for their game. :#

Yeah there is that... :worried::confounded:
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Since they can release it in small bursts they can release things almost as soon as people ask for them. And charge for it.

They'll stop releasing Stuff packs and stick to game packs and expansion packs. Then they'll stop releasing game packs and stick to Expansion packs. If we're lucky.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member

If cars do come they may even have more than one car kit....... family cars, sports cars, trucks...... etc.!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 2021

Yes, I’m always encouraged to buy all of the packs ( usually pretty soon after they come out ) so that I can download stuff without missing things. Good marketing strategy on their part. And, I have been wanting more stuff anyway as I don’t use CC.or mods.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I like dust the bust. It seems like it will come with a floor and objects overhaul, which I am very excited about. We usually only get overhauls on expansions. Now i only think about creating dusty old homes. It will be amazing. I dont think it will be as annoying of a chore as the laundry either.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I bet dust will be free base game, that way you need to buy more to clean up your dust. It's laundry day part two!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe they will throw in mowing in the next kit. ;) But honestly I asked for vacuuming years ago..and they wait twenty years to do it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I've noticed since the update the prompts for cleaning has changed. It says like polish completely or something like that. It used to just say clean and if you are a perfectionists it would say something else.. I'll probably update this with pics soon.

And also I never remember us needing to clean bars before. My sim had to clean his bar. It was the generic white one.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I've noticed since the update the prompts for cleaning has changed. It says like polish completely or something like that. It used to just say clean and if you are a perfectionists it would say something else.. I'll probably update this with pics soon.

And also I never remember us needing to clean bars before. My sim had to clean his bar. It was the generic white one.

I got the option to clean the bar a long time ago, in a restaurant. But the bartender made like drink after drink and there were at least 20 drinks crammed on top of the bar.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Maybe they will throw in mowing in the next kit. ;) But honestly I asked for vacuuming years ago..and they wait twenty years to do it.

better late then never @Cinebar
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited March 2021
    Khrisstyne wrote: »

Cleaning bars has always been a thing. Just like counters get dirty after preparing several meals, bars get dirty after a number of drinks have been prepared on them.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...