Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The People of Simbria

Comments

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited August 2023
    @Tamijo Thanks for this comment. ;)

Well, the hospital was already built for when Deepak had to go to the hospital in Chapter 7. (It's a long chapter with 12 parts, the link is to the second part.) And when this opportunity arose, since I had already spent time building the hospital, I wanted to use it for another scene.

Also, I used poses. And watched videos of actual women giving birth on youtube to learn more about the process. <_< >_> Same thing I did with the Deepaks chapters - I learnt as much as I could about hmm.. what it was that happened to him. ;) (Not mentioning it so that I won't give a spoiler).
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Here is the next chapter, switching towns to...

KP80rny.png

I meant to post this one yesterday, but had to give in because I got to much of a headache to finish it properly..

..and sometimes finding a good chapter title may almost be the most difficult part, to find one that somehow ties everything together and sums up the contents of the chapter.. so instead here I just went with one that really doesn't make to much sense just because I like the sound of it. :P ;)

Summary:
    It's summer in Sunset Valley, Oliver Freddy and Inge is home on break from university, and people are out and about enjoying the summer festival. Some real estate here and there finds new owners (or is soon about to), beause they're all (well, mostly..) hoping for a better future for themselves, in life and in love and all those things.. :P

Chapter 17.2– July 2023: Satellites and Astronauts

Screenshot-98.jpg
    Satelites and austronauts...
    Tell me there are greater things ahead...
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Finally made it to have this one posted...

Chapter 17.3 – August 2023: part I – When it rains/Let the flames begin...

It's august, and Oliver Freddy and Inge shall soon return to university.. though, there will be no university life shown for a while, as everything will deal with what happens in Sunset Valley for some time. The university stuff will come later.

Screenshot-17.jpg

Robert Bråge wakes up feeling grumpy this morning from being a teenager and still being grounded by his mom... stupid mom!
    ...but maybe there are ways around it...
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Chapter 17.3 – August 2023: part II – A new home..

The chapter to round up the month of august (in Sunset Valley) is a little shorter than the previous. It begins where the other one left off, with Ranveig and Robert Bråge being left after Inge and Oliver Freddy went to university.

Screenshot-9.jpg

Then Amena and George can finally move into their new home..

Screenshot-21_edit.png

th1das9.png
  • Options
    Here is the next chapter of the story:

Chapter 17.4 – September 2023 – House warming party

Summary:

Screenshot-31.jpg

Amena goes to work hoping for her promotion, while George goes on an excursion with his school to the police station.

Screenshot-64.jpg
    Ingrids mother Kathrine is far into her pregnancy and spends her day hanging out at Amundsen and co. cartoons with Monica.

Screenshot-96.jpg

When Amena returns home from work, she does the most logical thing - to host a house warming party. ;)
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Hoplaboonglifloobz! Or something like that.. here is my next post.. :P

Chapter 17.5 – October 2023 – A good night for Kathrine..

Screenshot%20(2).jpg

Summary:

Kathrine reads a bedtime story for her son Morten, before she goes to bed and gets a good nights sleep... and yeah, that's all.. ;)

No, seriously.. that is all... ;););)

Well, not quite of course, because I have been playing around with Artbreeder to make some 'realistic' sim faces..

96fDKHR.png
    This is Ranveig Motorsen (45 years old), Chess Champion, journalist at the Sunset Valley Gazette and mother of two.

hut6QGC.png
    And here is the main character of the latest chapter, Kathrine Kråke-Karlsen (44 years old), World Renowned Surgeon and also mother of.. two?

* edit to change artbreeder photos into latest version.

th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    So, here is my next chapter.. there will be another party here, as this is Mortens birthday when he becomes a teenager..

Chapter 17.5 – October 2023 part II – Morten's birthday

Morten.png

Screenshot-88.jpg

Blow out the candles and make a wish.. :P

Screenshot-144.jpg

Of course, this chapter couldn't go by without a bit of teenage drama, but that wasn't all.. even the adults have their own family drama right near the end..

Screenshot-192.jpg

None of this was planned, because all I wanted to have happening here was a birthday party, but..

..well, phew what a chapter.. I try to make something lighthearted and cheerful and yet I fail 'everytime'... but that's the story, that's how it is.. Sometimes it just writes itself and then it has to be that way... Hope you can enjoy it.

Anyway, also I made another Artbreeder picture of the main character of this one chapter:

nw8MX14.png
    This is Morten Kråke-Karlsen, 12 years old (before he aged up and became a teenager), pupil at the Sunset Valley School for gifted children. An active member of the local boy scouts and an overall good boy that helps his parents out with cleaning and chores in the house. Not very likely be one of the rebellious teenagers or one to cause drama, atleast that's what it looks like for now.

* edit to fix the family tree because there was a mistake on one of the birth dates!
    *edit 2, to update artbreeder photo to latest version
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    For the next chapter, I switched households to the Motor-Notesen family because they have a toddler that's gonna age up not to long after New Years, and I wanted to make sure beforehand that he has the skills necessary to give him a good childhood. ;)

It's also convenient to do so, as it can give Lise Veronica an opportunity to solve the problem that has arisen between her and Kristina.. however, that didn't happen in this chapter, because Kristina was just to busy to talk... so hmm, it's gonna take a little while longer..

Chapter 17.6 – November 2023 - The hardest word?

Screenshot-92.jpg

Since Kristina is so busy and has no time for her, instead she invites over her best friend Margrethe to hang out and talk..

Screenshot-175.jpg

..maybe she has something clever to say? Or atleast be one to listen and understand?

6hhiOwr.png
    Also another artbreeder photo. This is Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen (13 years old). One day when she gets old enough to live on her own, she dreams of living in a house full of animals... but for now, she has to live by mom and dads rules. So far the most sneaky and rebellious of all the teenagers, perhaps only rivaled there by her cousin Kleopatra.

*edit to update artbreeder photo to latest version
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The next update is finished...

Chapter 17.6 – November 2023: part II – Storslagent! Nei, legendarisk er ordet!

The title is always the last thing to be decided (as usual), and in this case it just felt natural to have it be in my native tongue and not in english.. you'll see where that came from right at the end. Everything else will be in english, though..

Also, I had to split this one into two posts, because I think I may just have exceeded the number of words allowed for one post.. Anyway, I'll try to give a summary (without spoiling the posts to much...) and links here. I apologize in advance for hitting you with this 'absolute novel' of an update...

Screenshot-35.jpg

Margrethe was still over at Lise Veronicas house after having spent the night in a sleeping bag on the floor in her room. When Lise Veronica woke up, she still thought about the relationship between her and Kristina, but was a little hesitant to invite her over..

Screenshot-75.jpg

However, with some encouragement from mom and Margrethe, she decided to give it a shot. ;)

Screenshot-117.jpg

So.. without revealing the answer, the girls go to spend an entire day hanging out together, at the bowling alley, the bistro and the arcade hall..

Chapter 17.6 – November 2023: part II – Storslagent! Nei, legendarisk er ordet! (Continued)

Screenshot-286.jpg

..and after a long day, when Lise Veronica finally makes it home for the night, she begins to talk about her mom's job in science to bring the topic over to a new friend she met during the day... hoping that mom will approve. ;)

..and just when Lise Veronica went to bed, it was concluded that this day was really fun! No, magnificent would be a much more fitting word! But even that wasn't enough to describe this day.. it was simply legendary! And that.. spoiler alert.. is where the title of the chapter came from... :P (I realized I couldn't show the very last picture here, because that would also spoil who Lise Veronicas new friend is..)

Todays Artbreeder picture:

tH4c5tr.png

This is Kristina Reppe (14 years old). She is a very sweet and family oriented girl. Already at her young age she really enjoys to care for toddlers and children, especially her younger sister Emmy, and one day she dreams of starting a family and watching her own kids grow up... She respects her mom and dad, and very much looks up to her older sister Inge, who is at university studying art with her boyfriend.

*edit to update artbreeder photo to latest version
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Christmas time will soon be upon the people of Sunset Valley, but.. before then we have to know what happened with the kids at university, so.. jumping back to August, right after Oliver Freddy and Inge left their hometown to travel north and inland..

TimelineShort2023.png

Chapter 5.1 – August 2023: Good old new times.

a-Screenshot%20155.jpg
    After a long car ride from Sunset Valley it was still raining when they arrived at the lake, and Inge just had to stop and taste it for a while before going inside. ;)

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Oliver Freddy wants to go on a date with Inge, so he takes her to the coffee shop where they sit down to.. read books.. how romantic! :P

Screenshot-64.jpg
    Maybe the cinema works, or maybe it doesn't.. On the way from the cinema they notice Samantha waiting in line for the next movie, but as the weather is still awful (and since she will soon enter into the cinema anyway), they only find time for a quick hello before running off to the bowling alley..

Screenshot-85.jpg

Then Inge gets a party invitation and memories come back, because there's a strange feeling there that they have been here and done this before...

Todays artbreeder photo:

NtJ3qdq.png

Oliver Freddy Motorsen (21 years old).
    The result of a failed relationship between Ranveig and the local Prison Warden Fredrik Fredriksen*, he was raised alone by his mother, a journalist and chess player, living in Mosquito Cove. Later when he was still in high school his aunt Monica got him a summer job as an assistant at the Landgraab Research facility, and this greatly sparked his interest in science, which later lead him to go to university. This was also around the time he started dating Inge after she had finally picked up the courage to leave him a paper note on his desk... ;) She had been eyeing him for a long time when riding the school bus, but as she had always been told by her peers that she was a loser, she didn't have much confidence in her to take any kind of initiative.. but I'm sure now she's happy she did. ;)

* before he married the local Psychiatrist Pia Holmesen and changed his last name to Holm-Fredriksen.
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@Sprottenham
    Your updates are always welcome. All of your Sims have their own personalities that affect everything the do. So true to life, and so much drama.
  • Options
    scribbly_simsscribbly_sims Posts: 56 Member
    I am seriously blown away with the level of detail and love you have put into this world!!! You are seriously amazing and so inspiring <3
    ~ Read my blog here!
    ~j0q06q6qq6n1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @texansky @scribbly_sims Thanks, these comments mean a lot. ;)

*edit: Probably won't be an update here until next weekend though, because my job is sending me away to a 'refresh/update your knowledge' course. :P
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I make no apology for any images this may conjure up if you read the chapter to the end.. :tongue:

Chapter 5.1 – August 2023 – part II: Plants, planets and pillows.

Screenshot-46.jpg

This is where the semester really starts again for Oliver Freddy and Inge and they have to go to their lectures.. During breakfast Inge talks about yesterdays party, and how fun it is to be popular for a change...

Screenshot-56.jpg

When Oliver Freddy is on his lecture, Inge starts writing a science fiction novel after her first basic romance novel flopped.

Screenshot-75.jpg

Oliver Freddy does more science and continues to ponder about the plantsims...

Todays artbreeder photo:

oe1mN1J.png

Inge Reppe (21 years old).

Inge moved to Sunset Valley from the country capitol of Wad Nahadau with her parents, Jarle and Iselin, and her younger sister Kristina as a young teenager, due to some 'unfortunate circumstances' in the city schools.. and because her mom needed to get away from the city too, the bars, the pubs, the nightclubs, the late nights taking a taxi home and sleeping to long the morning after...

Inge did a little bit better in school after they moved, but was still labeled a loser by some of the other teenagers in town.. Miles better than the city schools though, and with a little bit of help from The Watcher her mom Iselin managed to stay sober too...

Eventually she fell in love with this handsome young man called Oliver Freddy in her parallell class. She had watched him for several weeks on the school bus to and from school, and one day she took the courage to sneak into his classroom and leave a note on his desk.... ;)

Eventually after some dates they became a couple, and it was Oliver Freddy that also talked her into going to university to study art, as he wanted to go there to study science/medicine to later get a full time job at the Landgraab Institute where his aunt Monica also works...

Inges youngest sister Emmy (11 months as of August 2023) was born while she was at university.

Artbreeder photos of family members:
    tH4c5tr.png
    Only one is available so far. This is Inges sister Kristina (14 years old).
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Update comes late again, because I was busy with work (to tired) to really play and make an update for the first part of this week, and even yesterday... but here it is.

Trigger warning:
    Substance abuse, vertigo

Chapter 5.2 – September 2023 – I'll let you sample my DNA anytime..

Screenshot-90.jpg

Inge is so excited about todays lecture, that she actually reads the curriculum all on her own for a change. ;)

Screenshot-111.jpg

Oliver Freddy remembers some plants in their yard that he has neglected for to long..

Screenshot-115_Samantha.jpg

Samantha enters a relationship.

Screenshot-131.jpg

Inge keeps thinking about having children more and more, and invites Oliver Freddy to a date by the Senior Lake...

Screenshot-166.jpg

Then Oliver Freddy gets a party invitation from Miles Forthright, and Inge hears talk about a challenge that should make her more popular if she can complete it and still stay on her feet...

Todays artbreeder photo:

lDGdeil.png

Karoliiná Onébegajávrre (23 years old).

A sophomore technology student and native of the Lake Onebega area, as her last name suggests. Her family and the Grey family are not on good terms with each other, as they haven't been for many generations now, and as such she's not excactly best friends with Samantha either. She's only a very distant acquaintance of Inge and Oliver Freddy, unlike Samantha, which actually is a friend of the couple. I'm showing her for the artbreeder photo though, simply because she's a sim that I made, and they will always take priority over EA made sims. ;)
    She is based on a Sámi person, the native population of northern Norway, Sweden, Finland and northwestern russia.

Jávrre is the Lule Sámi word for lake. Onebega or Onébega is a made up name based on real world Lake Onega in western russia, an area said to be important for the early formation of Sámi language. However the origins of the Sámi may be further east than that, as they are said to be descendants of a people that once crossed the Ural mountains from Siberia, sometime around 1800 BC...
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Swee smorghi gorgh.. here is the next chapter. ;)

The title of this chapter is quite the acedemic cliché as anyone who has read more than a dozen of papers can attest too.. Been there, done that. ;) However, as most clichés, it has become one because there's also a lot of truth to it... :P

Also, trigger warning for anyone that have studied medicine, chemistry, biology etc... I'm gonna throw around some terms here without really knowing what they mean.. :P

Chapter 5.3 – October 2023 – Further research is needed..

Quick summary:

Screenshot-93_edit.jpg

While Oliver Freddy attends his morning lecture, Inge sits down to do some more writing on her science fiction novel, and afterwards she wants to go on a bike ride around town. However, there seems to be a problem....

Screenshot-104.jpg

Oliver Freddy spends a lot of time at the Student Union doing research on his DNA samples, hoping to figure out something groundbreaking.. or atleast come one step closer to some kind of solution....

Screenshot-181.jpg

Inge gets a party invitation from Samantha. The evening passes peacefully without any major drama or trouble. ;)

Todays Artbreeder photo:

LUCYIMg.png

Susie Grey (66 years old).

Susie Grey is Samanthas mother, and one of the elders of the Grey family. In spite of her family being ostracized for generations, she has maintained a friendly and open attitude towards the towns population. She loves spending time outdoors, but perhaps a little unusual for being a werewolf, she's also vegetarian whose favorite past time is working in her garden and tending to her plants.
    She's seen as somewhat of a mediator for those among the town population who aren't inclined to be hostile against her family. She doesn't see the point of all this hostility, and wants to see a world where everyone just gets along...
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited September 2023
    I like Susie Grey, she is such a nice werewolf, the world need more of her kind.
    Post edited by Tamijo on
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    Chapter 5.4 – November 2023 – The double chocolate latte and the hot dog flavoured DNA....

Yeah, I'll admit that the title of this next chapter is pretty horrible, but hey.. atleast it's a title. ;)

Quick summary:

Screenshot-87.jpg

Oliver Freddy wakes up with a pretty radical idea this morning. Well, it's not really more radical than his dream of creating plant-human hybrids (or plantsims if you will), but still.. pretty radical for an undergraduate anyway. ;)

Screenshot-91.jpg

..but then he's got Inge, being a good girlfriend and delivering a comment that will bring him a little closer to more solid earthly matters. :P

Screenshot-143.jpg

Of course Oliver Freddys ideas brings him back to the lab.. again... he's gonna have to spend many, many hours there..

..what? You thought figuring out how to make plant-human hybrids was done in an hour? Nope... that's not how it works in the real world.. ;)

Screenshot-108.jpg

Inge needs to get some fresh air again, and since the November weather is so nice, she decides to take the easel with her to start making a painting of a part of the town.

It's been a while since I've seen Jennifer Rockefeller, but then suddenly she's there crashing Inges art lecture with her usual streaking antics.. (picture not shown here, it's a little rude...).

Screenshot-151.jpg

Inge gets yet another invitation to a party by Samantha, and from here this chapter turns into a little story of friendship...

Todays Artbreeder photo:

H18Gs65.png

Márjánná Onébegajávrre (48 years old).

Karoliinás mother and of course another native of the area. Though she is a pretty kind hearted person, often donating money to her own cherry picked charities and good causes (from her own moral point of view), she shares the same skepticism towards the Greys as the rest of her family. Internally she suffers from a bit of low self-esteem and has a tendency to overinterpret things being said as either personal attacks on herself or her family and is known around town as one that will often exaggerate her own reactions and emotions.
    She may have a reason for being so thin-skinned, though. The story of the town is... complicated, and her family and the Grey family may actually have something in common when looking at it from a larger perspective...

That being said, she also holds a degree in finance, is currently taking art classes as well as being a pretty good chef wanting to learn and remember as many recipes as possible...

Family tree:

m9qCcX3.png
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    EDIT: Well, it would appear that the forum has managed to bug something up, so if you're interested in reading my latest chapter - unfortunately - you're gonna have to click the link below instead copy and paste the following into the adress bar of your browser..

My goodness...

Next update is posted, though the play session is from two days ago, as you can see since Inges winter outfit was already revealed in the Autumn Fashion Photoshoot Challenge thread. I didn't have time to add text to the images until today because of work, so it's still the latest one..

Also, another word of warning before reading, the ending is directly anticlimactic and will leave you feeling disappointed, let down and confused! ;) ..but maybe time will show it's not so bad after all? :P

Chapter 5.5 – December 2023: part I – What if only....

Screenshot-10.jpg

Oliver Freddy wakes up this morning with some concerns about the future, following what Skip told him just the other day...

Screenshot-23.jpg

That very same Skip was having some argument outside with Jonathan, when a pizza that Inge had ordered for breakfast just arrived... Skip, of course, takes the pizza and brings outside claiming it was ordered by his girlfriend...

Screenshot-32.jpg

Inge puts on her new outerwear to brave the winter weather and finish the painting she started last month before she takes the exam, when Jonathan does something unexpected and, well, acts a little strange...

Screenshot-124.jpg

When they're all done with their exams, Inge gets a party invitiation again from Jefferey Dean, so she calls up Samantha to have the three of them go together. They have fun, but the evening might not end excactly like neither Oliver Freddy or Inge might have wanted it to end..

Todays Artbreeder photo:

IVFjltw.png

Samantha Grey (37 years old)

So yeah. I had told myself I wouldn't be doing EA made sims for this, but.. Samantha had made herself the third most prominent character among the University Sims by becoming friends with Inge, so as time passed it just felt more and more wrong to not make one of her.. :P

So yeah, she's an art student and aside from Oliver Freddy, she is Inges best friend in this place. She also the oldest of the Grey siblings, the other three siblings being Ulrikke Grey, a local fire fighter, Alexander Grey, a journalist that enjoys spending time outside peacefully watching the wild flowers, and Tony Grey, who I don't really know to well yet... and of course, their mother Susie Grey who was already introduced.
    jEM1zrH.jpg
    Ulrikke and Alexander Grey in their home, 'The Grey Junior' house.

CPhS8jt.jpg
    Tony Grey on the treadmill at the gym.

She is also a supernatural since she is a werewolf. And that's another violation of my original rule of not wanting occults in this storyline.. but.. the reason for keeping her a such is because of her last name..
    In Norwegian, there is a word Gråbein, which is an old fashioned word for wolf, which directly translates to Greybone.. so, I thought I would use this coincidence and keep her as a werewolf. Greybone in the context of this story, is a word that is offensive to anyone of the Grey family. It's what the supernatural skeptics will call them...
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Alright, here is the next update.

In case it doesn't work, there is the link.

If it does work however, feel free to use any of the below. ;)

Chapter 5.5 – December 2023: part II – Another semester has passed...

Quick summary:

Screenshot-8.jpg

Peace and quiet (and lots of snow) has found the lake now that everyone is done with their exams for the semester...

Screenshot-55.jpg

To mark the end of the semester Inge calls up Samantha to go and eat at The Forest Cot Restaurant, before they have to leave. They meet Walter Fullman outside, and Inge asks him to join too, because she doesn't want to be the kind to let anyone feel alone and excluded. ;)

Screenshot-71.jpg

They enjoy a nice meal together, before they warm themselves on the bonfire. Some things get a little weird, maybe, but overall they have a good time. Yeah, there's a giant bonfire right at the centre of the restaurant, just bear with me on that one... ;)

Screenshot-188.jpg

Then it's time to pack their bags, say bye to everyone and leave.. for now.. ;)

----

No Artbreeder photo today. There were none I wanted to show right now, so I'm saving them for later.
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Ok, just managed to finish this one..

Chapter 17.7 – December 2023: part I –Family, friends and neighbours.

Quick summary:

This one begins right after the previous one ended (hmm..) with Oliver Freddy and Inge on their way home from university..

UniTravelMapBox.jpg

Inge is the driver on the last leg of their journey, so the car ends up outside her parents house. The first thing she does when she goes inside is to pick up the latest addition to the family, her youngest sister Emmy. Last time Inge saw her, she was just a baby, lying helpless in her crib, and now she can talk already! Or atleast babble a few words...

Screenshot-56.jpg

Oliver Freddy spends the night and the next day over at Inges familys house. He messages his mom to let her know, and she's ok with it.

Screenshot-91_edit.jpg

She feels more laidback now and doesn't worry as much any longer.

Screenshot-104_edit.jpg

Her other son Robert calls his friend Otto to hang out by the old fisherman huts, because he wants to go fishing.. Sig Hansen not included.

Screenshot-113.jpg

Ranveig gets a party invitation to her neighbour, Jamie Jolina-Sekemoto. They live on the same street, but are only acquaintances. Ranveig hasn't been the most social person, so she doesn't really know her neighbours all that well.

Todays Artbreeder photo:

WktyCvx.png

Iselin Reppe (42 years old).

She is Inges mother. Her favorite past time is fishing, now that she has managed to lay off the juice... In that way she complements her husband Jarle very well, since he loves gardening. She moved to Sunset Valley from the city of Wad Nahadau with her family when Inge was a teenager, because.. well, they figured they needed a change of scenery.. a place with a little less bars and nightlife, a little more nature, and hopefully some friendlier kids at school, especially for their oldest daughter which was having quite a hard time with it..

* edit to add available artbreeder photos of Iselins relatives:

oe1mN1J.png

Inge Reppe (21 years old).

tH4c5tr.png

Kristina Reppe (14 years old).

The idea is that everyone of my sims will get their turn, so Jarle and Emmy will probably be done some time sooner or later.
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Chapter 17.7 – December 2023: part II – Recipe for an omelette..

I went for a new household for this chapter, because.. I kept thinking about for which household I should show the christmas celebration for this year.. I narrowed it down to a few options, and at one point I considered making a poll for it on the forums, but chose not to for fear of it not getting any votes..... but anyway, my choices for households were
    1. the household of Amena and George, because they just moved into a new house and this would be their first christmas there, or
    2. the household of Ingrid Kråkesen-Karlsen, for the excact same reason, or
    3. the household of the Holmesen-Fredriksen family, because.. long time no see, and family relations.

So I ended up choosing the last option after some internal debate...

Screenshot-46.jpg

The Holmesen-Fredriksen family lives in this house in the upper part of town, and they consist of a mother, 'The Psychiatrist' Pia Holmesen-Fredriksen, and a father, 'The Prison Warden', Fredrik Holmesen-Fredriksen and their teenage daughter, Margrethe Holmesen-Fredriksen. Margrethe is the half-sister of Oliver Freddy Motorsen from my last chapter, which is also part of the reason I wanted to do this household.

Screenshot-61_edit.jpg

The parents on their way to work...

Screenshot-90_edit.jpg

Margrethe in a taxi on the way from school. Using this picture because it's the only one where she has a neutral face, so you won't get the wrong first impression of this girl. ;)

Todays artbreeder photo:

zSvyDbb.png

'The Prison Warden' Fredrik Holmesen-Fredriksen.

Fredrik Fredriksen moved to Sunset Valley in the early 2000s as a young adult at only 18 years old to fulfill his brave ambitions of becoming both a prison warden at the local prison, and mayor of the town...

He had a short affair early on with a local woman called Ranveig, which resulted in a boy being born sometime later who Ranveig gave the name Oliver Freddy.. She kept the pregnancy a secret and didn't inform him about it until after the baby was born.. but of course, eventually he had to help out by paying child support and also help to raise the child.. which was fine until he found a new woman in Pia Holmesen, who then had just started a new job as a forensic psychiatrist at the prison..

They started dating, got married and a couple of years later found themselves as parents to a little girl they named Margrethe..

Available artbreeder photos of relatives (and other known sims):

NtJ3qdq.png
    Oliver Freddy Motorsen (son).

96fDKHR.png
    Ranveig Motorsen (ex and mother of his first child).
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Chapter 17.7 – December 2023: part III – What does the future hold..?

Quick summary:

Screenshot-67.jpg

Rumours might be spreading around town and Margrethe has her thoughts, discussions and worries about the future and has decided to get her act together again now before christmas..

Todays artbreeder photo:

OTn00Ce.png

'The Psychiatrist' Pia Holmesen-Fredriksen.

She moved to Sunset Valley in the mid-2000s seeking her luck working as a forensic psychiatrist at the local prison after having finished her degree in medicine from the university in the county capitol of Wad Nahadau where she grew up as a single child to her rather affluent parents (both of them doctors). Though she grew up on the wealthy hillside on the east end of the Wad Nahadau valley, the darker sides to city living was never to far away, and witnessing many sad fates in her home city as she grew up always led to her having a special place in her heart for the less fortunate in life. As such it became pretty clear that what she wanted to do with her education was to do what she could to help people that had for whatever reason ended up on the skids...

----

The Artbreeder photo of her husband was shown in the post above. The Artbreeder photo of her daughter hasn't been made yet. ;)
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Got their christmas celebration ready finally... Now, I'm usually very opposed to anything Christmas related before the calendar actually says December.. and for that I won't blame you if you want to postpone reading this one.... but.. to move on with it, I have to include this as part of the sims storyline, so there you go.. ;)

Chapter 17.7 – December 2023: part IV – An alien for christmas...

Quick Summary:

Screenshot-58.jpg

It's the day of traditions - it's the morning of Christmas Eve in Sunset Valley, and while her parents get the house ready for tonights party by decorating the house, Margrethe runs off to spend the forenoon over at her friend Olivias house.. ringing the doorbell there, it becomes clear whose house it was she egged earlier, but nobody appears to have noticed anything, so she's in the clear.. ;)

Screenshot-61.jpg

Olivia lives in this house with her mother Claire and for some reason Zelda Mae, the latter probably because she's to childish to live anywhere on her own... :P

Screenshot-92_edit.jpg

Then Pia has to call her daughter home to get her outfit ready and get ready for the party in time before the guests arrive....

Screenshot-109_edit.jpg

The party ended up being a success with plenty of food, dance, a little bit of drink for some of them maybe..., as well as some strange and alien teenage thoughts and confusion, but.. overall a very good evening for everyone involved. ;)

Todays artbreeder photo:

U53OgMU.png

Margrethe Holmesen-Fredriksen (15 years old).

She is an only child of the 'Prison Warden' Fredrik and the 'Psychiatrist' Pia, and like her parents she is at heart a very good person that likes to keep things neat and tidy, something that stems from both her genetic disposition and from how she is raised.. so, double reinforcement there. ;)

Any other behaviour she displays is probably just a phase she's going through....

Not very surprising given her age, but she has yet to figure out what she wants out of life.. it's not a given that she will share her parents strong ambition and drive to excel in any career, and she has shown signs to be different from them already as she appears to have more of a creative side, as she has signed up for the art club as an after school activity. It's not ruled out though, that she will seek a career in politics like her father, or medicine like mom.. or maybe science like her half-brother Oliver Freddy.. or something completely different... the options are still open...
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Ok, now that 2023 is done for the Sunset Valley/Lake Onebega timeline, it's time to make another jump again in time and place to the east coast town of Sprottenham, and an event that I was looking more forward too than the christmas... and that is Solvejs wedding...

Timeline2023_Sprot.png

..but before I show you that, I just want to say.. don't do this.. don't do what I do and play rotationally with several households spread over several different towns... just don't, it's a bad idea..

So.. as a recap, last thing that happened in this town was Solvej proposing to Patrik, whom she had lived with for the past 13 years, and now has three children with.. their son Rune (12 years old) and the twin daughters Silvia and Lilian (1 year, 3 months old)..

2jieoBB.jpg

..so, since he didn't seem to want to propose, she had to take matters into her own hands and do it herself.. and luckily for her, he said yes..

Chapter 12.2 - July 2023 – Fireworks in the sky.

Quick summary:

Screenshot-17.jpg

It's july and it's the day of Solvej and Patriks wedding. For that reason, they are visited by Solvejs parents, Mona and Rolf, that have travelled all the way from their home in Freetown Ciani Tharis where Solvej grew up.

Screenshot-25.jpg

Their happy to meet and play with their grandchildren, especially the two youngest ones Silvia and Lilian.

Screenshot-94.jpg

..and of course, Solvejs wedding. ;) Her uncle Hans-Tore and her aunt Victoria are also in town, along with her two brothers August and Sylvester René. Everyone attended her wedding except Victoria.. She was invited, but since she has always been the most childish and inappropriate member of the family (much to Monas annoyance.. she never really got along with her husbands sister...), she was probably distracted by one of the playgrounds in town... but the wedding and the party was a big success anyway though. ;)

Todays artbreeder photo:

04pa4sZ.png

Solvej Rasmussen (32 years old).

Born and raised in what is known as Freetown Ciani Tharis, a small distance outside the county capitol of Wad Nahadau, just some miles to the northeast of Sunset Valley. She grew up in a hippe-esque household with her two parents Mona and Rolf, her uncle Hans-Tore and her aunt Victoria, as well as her brothers August and Sylvester-René.

She early on picked up an interest in flowers ( ;) ) and gardening from spending time with her mom tending to the plants in the backyard. In general she enjoyed a very carefree and relaxed childhood, before she decided to venture out and explore the world on her own, first spending some time in an apartment in the nearby city... but she could never fully deal with city living.. so she terminated the tenancy on her apartment, packed her most important belongings in her van, and took off to live a few years on the road...

That went well for a while, until one day her car broke down in the middle of nowhere as she was travelling across the Appaloosian mountains from west to east... and that's when the tour bus of a certain football team, the Sprottenham Totspurs, became her saving grace..
    The team was returning from a match they played against Cyme Ixotic United (and lost....) and was now headed towards the city of Anilam where they would spend the night in before continuing their journey to their hometown of Sprottenham.
    She was first only set to hitch a ride with them Anilam to find help to fix her car and continue her journey on her own.. but as they didn't arrive there until late on a Saturday night and every car repair shop was closed, she ended up spending a night on the town with them instead to "celebrate their victory" as one of the football players, a young rising star by the name of Patrik, told her....

She learnt from the other guys that this wasn't true, it was just something he said.. Patrik was the womanizer of the team, and she didn't really like him much at first... the next day they parted ways as she was able to locate a car repair shop that could tow her van into town and have it repaired.. She continued her journey eastwards later that day until she encountered this hitchhiking bum with a backpack along the road.. He said his name was Gaute and that he'd spent the weekend climbing in the mountains, and was now headed back to the lowlands.. She asked him to where he was going.. He said Sprottenham, where he was currently squatting in an old abandoned house, but anywhere she could drop him off along the way would be fine..

Solvej agreed to drive him all the way to this town though, as she "was just going where the wind took her". Gaute thanked her very much for this and said he had a spare bed if she wanted a place to crash for the night.. it wasn't much, but it was probably better than sleeping in her van..

The house that Gaute talked about was an old dilapidated brick house that went under the name of "Gufo Triste" by the locals, and it just so happened to be located on Greenacre Road, right next to a house currently occupied by a local football player, Patrik C. Jensen...
    th1das9.png