Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The People of Simbria

Comments

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Sims4MagicalTales Thanls for reading and keeping up. I was actually planning to let this thread die since I made the shift to posting at my blog system instead.

But since you were so nice to revive it, I may atleast give a mention of the blog posts here too whenever there is a new one. ;)

Note that for the blog posts, chapter numbering will be completely different, as they are sorted by town. Each new season and year will (usually) begin a new main chapter, and each month will have a sub-chapter.
    Example:

January will be chapter 1.1 as it starts a new year. March will be chapter 2.1 because it starts a new season (spring). And so on...

Links of latest posts since then:

Town: Bewicton.

Chapter 8.1 - January 2023: To parent or not to parent... is that really a question?

Screenshot-6.jpg

This is the full and complete version of the above post, and it may be controversial to some, but you know what? I don't care...my story, my rules. ;)>:)

Chapter 8.2 - February 2023: Madhunishas birthday
    Madhunisha.png

Chapter 9.1 - March 2023 - Dudleif and the kids.
    Screenshot-40.jpg

Chapter 9.2 – April 2023 – First steps (in the walk of life).

Screenshot-11.jpg
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Made a new chapter, so I guess I'll still be posting updates here too now.

Chapter 9.3 – May 2023 – Their house isn't haunted..

The active household is still Udisha and her family, but I have to stop by Sofias household to for a while, just to check.

Screenshot-22.jpg

The clock is ticking for those that live, have lived and have yet to live.. goodnight. ;)
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Not playing, just stopping by to see what goes on in here. This was the first story I found, active since I left. Nice work.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    @Tamijo Hello there, and thank you, fellow Scandinavian friend. ;) Long time no see! Nice to see you stop by and that you haven't forgotten about this place. ;)
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Got another update too. You saw this one coming. :P

Chapter 9.4 – June 2023 – part I: Remorse is for the dead..

Screenshot-10_edit.png
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Oh ya, good to be here again, will try to read up of you story....since 2021 i guess :p
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    Found the song and had myself a headbang'.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Maybe you could give me a good clue to a place where I can begin to catch up ? I know I won't manage to go back something like 10 pages. Is there a "split point" or "generation shift" "family shift" or something like that, making it easier.
  • Options

Miss @AlexaKry :'( after reading up on your story, always so insightful comments
    Actually, found out where I left of, so just started to read up (Chapter 12.4). So many names right now I’m just reading, hoping the pieces will fall in place. Suddenly noticed the Scandinavian building style (Chapter 12.5 - Sprottenham – January 2022) did you build everything yourself ?

Yes – great find in the spoiler – just what I need.
    MgZ0zyL.png
    MMGaeNB.png

Like Kleopatra, it is not great to fail at school, but not the end of the world. Keep an extra eye open for her. This family is so dysfunctional, Nordic noir at its best.

What happened here, Morten had long black hair minutes ago. Ok got it, he is bald, must have been a wig.
    rCViCvt.jpg

LOL - flippers
    oKUEN0H.jpg

Really funny with the exhibitionist running around naked at the university campus

Note to self, next: Chapter 13.3 – Bewickton February 2022 (P9)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    @Tamijo Oh, since 2021, then you're gonna have a lot to go through..

Oh yes, I would definately want to help you to point out a good place to start, but umm.. I don't know where that would be. :P It looks like you found a place to start for yourself though.

Depending on how you prefer to read, but I would actually recommend reading at the blog system. Since I deal with three/four more or less separate storylines going in simultaneously in different towns, I started to think this thread perhaps got a little 'messy', so I wanted to organize it a little better.

I'm not sure excactly where you're at now, but on my main blog I made posts with table of contents to try to help readers out by navigating through the maze..

Link to post with 2021 (in the storys timeline) posts for all four towns.

Like previously mentioned, you will notice that chapter numbering is different there, and chapters that previously had no title now do, though the chapters themselves are the same. So maybe it's best to navigate by month and year?

Link to post with 2022 posts for all four towns.

The link to the individual towns are also in the top right on the main blogsite, with 'bus routes' to navigate between the different towns.

----

Oh yes, there are two members of this forum that I miss and that is of course both @AlexaKry and @DivaDoodle. All three of you had your stories going when I was a new member and all three of you were friendly with me, so I consider you 'forum friends'. ;)

Ah yes, the Sprottenham town, everything there is pretty much made by me. Aside from the brick buildings, many of the residential houses are based on real house drawings found on various house building company sites, so some of them could very well be real houses. ;)

I'm glad you find the family pictures helpful. ;)

Well, Mortens hair does change whenever he puts on the outfit to play the king of the court, but his real hairstyle is to have it bald like his grandfather. I know it looks confusing, but it's just one of the things to umm.. overlook, since these are Sims characters after all..

Yeah, flippers to bed, it's just another one of those perky Sims things. ;)

---

*edit: The chapter 13.3 that you're at would be Chapter 3.2 - February 2022 - A new addition to the Chitrakaar family for the Bewickton storyline. (February 2022).
    th1das9.png
  • Options

*edit: The chapter 13.3 that you're at would be Chapter 3.2 - February 2022 - A new addition to the Chitrakaar family for the Bewickton storyline. (February 2022).

So if I start there and click NEXT at the bottom, it will continue to the end ?

• Options
    @Tamijo It should yes, but only for that town. :P
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    It should yes, but only for that town. :P
    Then I think I prefer taking it from in here, to get it in the order i came out of your head :)
  • Options
    @Tamijo That is of course up to you. ;)

..and here is the next chapter.

Chapter 9.4 – June 2023 – part II: The funeral portrait..

There are some moments in this one where they get emotional, which leads to a brief moment of language use, as well as perhaps accidentally revealing a dark secret or two...

TheFuneralPortrait.png
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    So lately you are not posting the entire chapter, just the link ?
  • Options

Chapter 13.3 – Bewickton February 2022
    Madhunisha, meaning “pleasant night” since she was born at night

Wonderful name, where does this family come from, surely not Scandinavian names ?

Chapter 14.1 - Sunset Valley, March 2022: Jonathan and Sofies parents, part II.
    They are gong bananas with Selfie’s – never had that happen in my game, might be a DLC I haven’t got.
    Chapter 14.3 - Bewickton, March 2022 - Lets make paintings and songs about babies and fish...

Wow, she just had I baby right there on the sidewalk
    9KdMiBe.jpg
    5l5fYEx.jpg
    Nice that the town council provided a free crib

Great shot
    H20u2Jm.jpg

Impressed by old Peat Factory. Cool
    Fun fact that your decensor is running wild, creating naked people seemingly at random.

Next page 10
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Tamijo wrote: »
    So lately you are not posting the entire chapter, just the link ?

Yes, I made a shift to doing it that way because.. let's just say, it gives me more freedom to use the story telling elements _I_ want to use, without risking having a post I put effort into suddenly go *poof* and only getting a, in my opinion, half-baked explanation as to why...
    Wonderful name, where does this family come from, surely not Scandinavian names ?

They come from the United Kingdom of Simbria. ;) ..but seriously, though, they are based on people from India (Indians?) and all their names are hindi names.
    They are gong bananas with Selfie’s – never had that happen in my game, might be a DLC I haven’t got.
    Not that I know of, they just.. did that.
    Wow, she just had I baby right there on the sidewalk
    Actually, it was just outside her home. She probably meant to deliver it inside. ;)
    Nice that the town council provided a free crib
    Yes, it always does that. I just don't have the heart to let the babies sleep on the floor. ;)
    Impressed by old Peat Factory. Cool
    Thanks. ;)
    Fun fact that your decensor is running wild, creating naked people seemingly at random.
    Huh? Well, I guess all the streaking is just a feature of the university world, because it never happens anywhere else. :P
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options

Had to give up on trying to catch up, working days will soon start and it takes a very long time to read just one page.
    Instead I have read the latest two updates about the last day of the old Skurchk family matriarch and her funereal. Very nice story, quite spooky episodes. ( I hate paparazzies - are you aware they can be removed with a mod)

From now on, I will comment in WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR SIMS 3 GAME TODAY, to keep it is simple as possible.
  • Options
    @Tamijo Understandable, work takes up a lot of time, and so does reading, but that's just how it is. It's the same for me, I don't have the time to read everything either, or produce chapters at the pace (and sometimes quality) that I would ideally want.

As for the story...there are of course some changes in between, but most of them are just people aging up, getting born, etc. I don't know how far you got into the part with the Peat Factory, but a lot of things happened there that is relevant to quite a few characters.
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    So I thought this update was going to be a quick one to finish up the month of june - a breather with nothing special happening after the death and funeral - but then it turns out that Nishit, Dudleifs oldest son, had some unanswered questions..

Chapter 9.4 – June 2023 – part III: Grandma..? Who was grandma?

Screenshot-19.jpg
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Jumping to the household of Sofia and Palash here, because something might happen here that I've been waiting for a long time to see.. don't feel cheated if it doesn't happen in this update, something might still be revealed here

So.. do you know what's the most important thing? :P

Chapter 9.5 – July 2023 part I: The most important thing.

Screenshot-57.jpg
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    The title of the next chapter is both ironic and purposefully misleading... ;)

Well, it does start off with a trip to the park, but ends up somewhere else...

Warning: Child birth...

Chapter 9.5 – July 2023: part II – Just a walk in the park..
    Screenshot-80.jpg
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Great read many smiles on my face. Sadly no ice in my freezer, got me all hungry.
    The entire hospital situation very impressive - HOW did you do that :o

(decided not to comment in WHAT HAPPENED...., seems no-one does that anymore :| )