Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose

Cute new outfit for Jules! Aww, a mood swing! Man, those bite! I love that walk though, it makes me laugh every time. :D So nice she has Mario to help cheer her up and go cool off in the pool. Ugh! Spider! I hope she didn't get bit! o.O You probably would've said if she did. Very cool she got together with Chloe Tanaka again. She does seem quite chill and probably a good influence. :) Wow, the new fireplace has a side shelf? That's fantastic! As far as I know, none of the other fireplaces in the game have that. I'm glad she still has her Patchy to help out.

I'm thinking Vanessa needs one now to help her out. She kind of neglected her garden working on her DJ and Dance skills. With school, having a club and her regular needs, she won't have much time to tend to a garden on top of everything else and she needs that income! Maybe you'll see Patchy playing with that octopus? Or if he ever has a child with another Sim some day, he could give it to them to play with too! ;) Great update! :)

I'm headed to get some sleep now. Hubby's home sick today with a clogged head and a very sore throat. My throat feels weird too, so I think I might be getting it. *sigh* Anyway, have a great day everyone! I'll be back later tonight, hopefully. <3
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Karababy52
    She actually did get bit, but the moodlet was short lived and gone by the time she got home from school so I did leave it out. Patchy is nice to have around. He’s good for socialization and gardening. I keep forgetting to check his pockets for seeds though which is one of the reasons I got him in the first place.

Also Siobhan is still the leader of the Paragons, I didn’t mess with too much that the game created, I just added Brittany to the club. Brittany is actually the leader of her own club - a club of her and her siblings, since she’s a quadruplet. More on that later though. Her club is called the Quad Squad, a name too clever for me to pass up using lol.Their club hangout spot is going to be the mall I’m making in Windenburg right now.

Vanessa looks so over everything right now haha. I bet she is lonely living alone. She always had the biggest smile on her face when Josh was around. I think it will be a lot of fun for her to make new friends, even if she has to pretend to be someone she’s not. I guess all of her random cute dancing from her Mt. Komorebi days came in handy if she maxed out the dancing skill already! Jules needs to work on skill building desperately. I’ve been too focused on story building lately to make much progress in that department (though she did get to level 4 of the rocket science skill just by doing her school project. Skill building does happen without trying sometimes which is nice)

@SoulGal7
    I’ve only done the scouting club with kids before, never teens. Next month I might have Jules join the scouts - I feel like she’s too busy with clubs right now. Nice incorporation of Sergio and Joaquin - I’ve always enjoyed adding Joaquin to my stories. He’s dated like 5 of my sims now lol - actually I think Bex might be in a casual relationship with him right now :D

You always do a great job of incorporating milestones and goals into your story so naturally. Sometimes I feel like my moments like that are so random haha. You really are a good story teller
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to mention that if anyone has the Seasons pack where Scouting is from, it is a good thing to get into. I did try it once before but never got to the top level with my teen. The plus here is that if your teen reaches the highest rank, or Llamacorn Scout, "Your Child or Teen gets the lifelong Scouting Aptitude Reward Trait, which boosts all Skill gains by 25%. This is super potent and stacks with other skill gain increases like ideal mood and Childhood Aspirations." (From Carl's Guide) So, aside from doing some fun stuff and getting her skills up while in Scouting, the end result will help her when she becomes a YA. Next month, Sakura will tackle the Drama Club (Yes, it's from Get Famous, but hey, she'll only be a teen for another month, and I wanted to try that club as well).
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited February 2021
    @SoulGal7 , you sure scouting is from Parenthood? I mean Melody joined scouts and I do not have parenthood..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
  • Options
    Ah okay, that must be it , then :)

• Options
    @SoulGal7 , you sure scouting is from Parenthood? I mean Melody joined scouts and I do not have parenthood..

@Ellupelluellu - Sorry, I meant Seasons - thanks @permanentrose for answering that :)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @Karababy52 - Yes, for a sim who has the "Hates Children" trait, he really bonded with Sakura. Maybe it's just babies, toddlers and children that he doesn't like and he's okay with teens since there are some in the Paragon Club. Sergio and Joaquin have become Sakura's first friends in Windenburg, and they live close by. I think they have taken the role of her "big brothers" to kind of watch out for her, which is rather sweet.

Day 4 - Don't worry Vanessa/Tessa, Josh knows that you love him. VT (I nicknamed her - VT Varela sounds like a cool DJ name! hehe) is doing very well in DJ and dance skills. Good for her! But the garden - oh gee! Save that garden VT, especially with those bills that you got in the mail! Ugh! That is why I have Sakura living off the grid now. When she gets that DJ booth, it will be turned back on, but for now, no. I am finding other ways to get that DJ skill up. such as the invite to the Bro household, who have a DJ booth. That was rather convenient. And dancing is a 5-level skill, so at the lot she's at, there is a fire pit at the shore and you can do the dance interaction with it. I haven't decided on Patchy as yet, but yes, the garden is taking a bit of time for her to attend to. I may just wait and see on getting Patchy, or do that in the next world. Right now I don't have Realm of Magic, so I was going to be in Willow Creek next month. We'll see if there is a sale coming up and whether I want to buy it or not.
    Oh, and so sorry to hear your hubby is sick and that your throat is sore. Hope the two of you are feeling better soon *hugs*

@permanentrose - Day 35 - I love that dress from the Uni pack that Jules is wearing, on her way to school. I think on the weekend, Sakura will get some new clothes and a new school uniform for the School for the arts. Oh, and she has a mood when she comes home - Poor Jules. Nice that Mario invited her to the pool so that she could cool off. Love that you gave that lot trait to the cottage and your reasoning behind it. Ugh! Jules get the broom - that spider is HUGE! And a new friend Chloe. Looks like they had some fun times together :) And a new fireplace with a shelf - nice :) May end up getting the Paranormal Pack - looks very cool. And a little baby octopus for Patchy - how cute. Maybe it reminds Jules of him since he has arms everywhere...you know...all the stuff that Patchy does, like gardening, helping her with homework, etc. Ooh...and Mario looks HOT on the dancefloor!

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my using random events in my story. Sometimes, that is the thing that makes my story! lol I play a vanilla game, so all the pre-mades, etc. are here. The only ones I added were for the Olympic ski team in Mt. Komorebi, and of course, they are away at the Training Camp (hehe!), and the challengers here.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Melody seems to be settling in well :). Don't count on Nancy not cutting off her lights! (I target her also).. and ummm Malcolm too. I love him in your save though.

@Skeilah Such a wonderful holiday for Bryon. I might have cried a little over the gift thing. Awww. I love that it happened autonomously too... I thought you set it up at first which for the story would be just as good but... that's great. I never saw a guitar like that in the game either.. is it a badly crafted one? And wow that gaming mat is worth a lot! Nice! Oh and about the mannequins I have one in my siggy... I play them sometimes cause they are ...kind of creepy so Roxanne might have to have one as a friend. I can just load in my "self-sim". LOL.

@SoulGal7 Sakura seems to fit right in. Do I sense some foreshadowing going on with "jealousy?" They could just be substitute big brothers for her too. (lol you posted that later... love it) The homework and projects do get done quicker with adult sims. Thank you for the tip on scouting too I've never done it but now probably will for the benefit later ... I didn't know that it was that good. Oh with the moods with lifestyles; Your suppose to be able to take a class and there is a potion... but neither of those worked for me. That's the main reason I reported it as a bug. The tension just stayed.

@permanentrose I love how you are jumping into the groups as set up. I've still never gotten around to doing that so I'll have more of a glimpse with yours and Skeilah's gameplay/stories. I like playing with premades. I like Chloe as a friend too, she seems calming... and aww with Patchy. I don't think I've had to garden much at all since moving Roxanne in... and I don't even think it's him. I think it's the trait... either way I like it.
    I like the mall idea too... looking forward to seeing more rivalry, showdowns and dance offs :)

@Karababy52 Poor Tessa I feel for her :(. I'm glad she's jumping into the skills for this pack. I always play it certain ways and you guys are inspiring me to do more. Bleh about the plants. Usually mine are grown again in couple days if not the next day but bleh, bleh. Glad you liked Roxanne's hair. It was her sleep hair before.. I'm weird about matching lengths at least, but I think it just looks prettier than the braid.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    Day 1: What a lovely house! Could be possible I already said that, but I mean it hahahaha! I love how Sims sometimes walk through doors and gates :D

Day 2: Hope she had fun today! Wow, is that Nancy??? She looks way better with that look!

My update: Yeah, I liked writing this update ^^ Well, Bryon actually got an embarrassed mood from playing the guitar because it sounded so awful hahahahaah! Maybe it'll get better one day. He got it from his brother, so he'll cherish it.

@permanentrose
    Maybe I'll have to play with the Villareals myself once. I literally know nothing about Windenburg at all! :scream:

HAHAHAH It's the best gift, right? I laughed so hard and at the same time I was like 'omg this is the cutest ever' xD Yeah, I feel a deep connection between Bryon and the Partihaus members. Especially Eva and Paolo in that account. Bryon never really talked to Jade or Marcus, now that I think of it. WHAT, EVA IS DEAD??? :OOOO Poor Eva :c

I already answered the Yuka-question in DM, but for everyone who likes to read this: yeah, Yuka is a random townie that the game had created. She's also a YA like the rest of the group. Bryon is still the pup :D But one day he'll be the alpha-wolf! Because I wanna make him head of the club for the aspiration. Hehehehe.

Update 35: Ohhh, I like the new outfit. It's so cute. Ahhh, mood swings. Great things, right? xD Cooling off in the pool sounds like a good thing. Naw, poor Jules. Her emotions are getting the best worst of her. It's funny how the Renegades are the most 'infamous' club around, but everyone knows them :D Oh my god. I would freak out if a spider like that came on my shoulder. No, I would run away, leave everything behind and never come back. Brrrrrrrr. Don't know about the shelves, but that's amazing. Just a perfect fit. OCD people will love that.

@SoulGal7
    Day 2: Oh, Sakura decided to join the Scouts! A lot of kids/teens go through the scouts-phase here in real life, so it's nice to see someone doing it in this game too.

Comment: It's the nicest Winterfest Bryon had, but also his very first one! He was soooo happy the entire day, it made me smile. Johnny coming over with that gift was so cute. Johnny really wants to get to know his big brother, and Bryon for sure wants to try too, although he's still a little bit nervous. yeah, Bryon's wearing a Santa Hat, hahaha :D He had such a good time! Father Winter knows everything. Bryon's a good guy ^^

@Karababy52
    Whoa, my mind is blown. Tessa isn't Tessa. </3 I hope we'll get to see her real her one day.

I do love landscaping and stuff, but I just don't have the patience to do those kind of things. Same thing for clutter xD I try to put some clutter in sometimes, so little by little it looks better :D

Will she get her internet back one day? xD Or can she only use the computer for offline stuff now lol. Can't wait to read about the happiness she deserves one day!!

I loved writing the Winterfest chapter. Yeah, Johnny actually gave him that ugly crafted guitar. I laughed out loud when I saw it :joy: For now, they will keep the gaming mat. Maybe they'll trade it for an actual DJ booth. I have to think of it. Naoki got some collectible stone. Nothing interesting xD I sold it. :innocent:

Day 4: You can do it, Vanessa! You'll do fine at school. Everything will be fine eventually. 1700??? That's insane indeed! :o Oof. Hehe, is she really going to hire someone? That sounds funny. Also I love the nickname VT that Soulgal invented.

@Hermitgirl
    Nawwww. But really, my heart cried too. From happiness though. My heart cried from happiness. My game does such nice things sometimes. Hahahah I would never come up with something like that. I really just saw him in the front door and got a pop-up from Johnny saying that he wanted to give something. Bryon had to interact with him to accept the gift. The guitar was hilarious! xD Yeah, it's a badly crafted one indeed. Wait, mannequins can come to life?
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    February, Day 4

g79pbhK.png
    Roxanne's just been playing around with friends... I tried to make a club with her and her special friends. The game will allow me to invite Patchy and Bonehilda in person but they won't show up to club meetings... so boo! Fail!
    Anyway, it was fun just seeing them all together in Roxanne's special world.
    I really totally love this house. I have a hard time with multiple story houses but she's getting around fine. Oh and Clement told her she was getting too skinny so I've been trying to make her eat higher calorie meals. Who would have thought you'd be all muscles and bones if you exercised constantly and only ate salads?
    gW4mlgM.png
    WKsHHb7.png
    4e1eQQC.png
    oaPIsig.png
    GZmHQFk.png

@Skeilah
    You need a mod to make mannequin sims... but I never got that mod. You can download them from the gallery though and play them without getting it. They do weird things when you try to put on some accessories. Like you can't wear earrings or they will be white and turn black if you put on certain things.. I think socks. I have white and black ones in a save where I color code their families and outfits lol. I'll definitely have to add one to my gameplay here now! I hope some new game mechanic hasn't glitched them out though. I haven't played one since around ROM. Sometimes I test gameplay with them for fun.
    There is actually I limit on how many you can put on a retail lot, because the game somehow counts them as sims lol. I forget specifics though. I never needed that many.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    February 4
    02-03-21-10-51-52-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    Guess what? A certain someone invited herself over in the middle of a blizzard (she’s ready to steal the show again). We all know who I’m talking about, right? Starts with a ‘J’, ends with ‘ules’. The girl doesn’t know shame - She basically gave herself a self-tour around the house (and while doing that, she adored our new portraits on the wall), borrowed our computer and used our precious new gaming mat without asking for permission. “The gaming mat is new, right?! I love it!”… Wait. What did she just say? New? “You almost sound like you’ve been here before, but this is the first time I’m inviting you over…”. Jules finally realized what she said. “Oops”. I’m confused. Naoki does a facepalm. “Jules, you’re stupid”. He then faces me. “I invited her over once while you were at work. Jules and I…”. Jules and you what? WHAT?! Oh no. He’s going to tell me the two of them are dating. No no no no no. “…Are actually best friends since childhood”. I was ready to make my angry move, but that wasn’t the answer I was expecting. “I— Wait, what?”. My eyes went to Naoki, then Jules, then back to Naoki, then back to Jules. I scratched my hair. No dating? Just… Best friends? Why would you keep that a secret? Jules continued. “Naoki already told me a lot about you before the two of us met! I knew you were going through a hard time. I genuinely wanted to help you out when I bumped into you that day, wanted to be your friend. We just… Didn’t find the time to tell you that we know each other that well. Don’t be mad at us, please”. “Oh, I’m not mad. I’m just… Confused. You could’ve just told me no matter the timing. I mean… Why would I be mad anyways, haha? It’s not like the two of you are secretly dating, right?”. I smiled. There, I said it. I wanted to check the mood after saying it, but what happened took me by surprise. Again. Jules started to laugh, like REALLY hard. Even Naoki was surprised. “HAHAHAHAH!!!! ME AND NAOKI?! Yooooo I would never try dating my childhood friend, man. By the way, he’s as gay as a man can be and I was the first to find out! You’re in the clear, Bryon. Oof. That was a good one”. While Jules is still trying to stop laughing, Naoki looks at me. “We’re good, right?”. “Yeah, we’re good. I can see why the two of you became best friends”. Naoki smiles. “Jules just really means a lot to me. We’ve been facing everything together in the past. We only want the best for each other”. That’s where Jules interrupts (once again): “Don’t worry. You sure are the best for Naoki, Bryon! I can feel it!”.

Extra photo's
    TYafouy.png
    Just a little update on the World Aspiration: Bryon passed milestone three today by reaching Charisma level 5! The last milestone will take longer for sure. I mean, Bryon needs to become the Partihaus leader, the club needs to gain a lot of club points and we need 2 new members to fill the club. Ooooof. The three first milestones were pretty easy but this one will take some time!

hKxZnMW.png
    Jules in the blizzard. Theehee.

BxuFEkW.png
    aXse6sy.png
    Just casually using the house as it's her own. Lol. xD

twVurS5.png
    Jules: "Ah man, my abs are hurting from laughing too much...."

kStS9gK.png
    Still laughing. She really can't stop.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl Dang, I wish you could have made a club of all of Roxanne's special friends. That would have been so amazing. You'd probably have to add them to her family for that to work, and then they wouldn't be quite so fun. It's good they can come visit frequently though! It's a fantastic house - I'm looking forward to seeing when/how it becomes haunted. Also, I think Jules is having the opposite problem. I think her honey only diet is making her gain weight, I noticed her weight slider was a bit up last time I gave her some new clothes haha

@Skeilah Hahahahahah oh Jules, she wanted more attention again today. I think it's really cute that she and Naoki are best friends in your save and know each other from childhood. Naoki is totally the kind of guy Jules would love hanging out with. She's so happy and carefree in your save since she isn't bogged down by a love triangle and a mean Barbie and an infamous club haha, though I see she has her classic angry face on while she's trudging through that blizzard. I already PMed you about that line about "not falling in love with your childhood best friend," but I just about lost it when I read that little nod toward exactly what I'm doing in my own game. Glad Bryon can chill out though now. Jules is NOT going to steal his boyfriend lol
  • Options
    Hi everyone :) I'll post my catch up tomorrow, but tonight I had some fun in this save (aging off, two days I did not let her do any gardening or skilling stuff, Melody was out at communitylots as a test bunny :p . )
    Ah the sharing is caring NAP .. I took all my EL mods out and had some fun :joy:
    This is Lilsimsies version of the nightclub at Windenburg, I took it as it has more items to swipe :)
    M9c9biy.png
    Sofia Bjergsen was indeed needing that counter..
    ofnGAch.png
    Veera took a black long couch :D
    8xWkW6N.png
    V: "And why are you at here in the middle of the night, young lady???"
    M: "Mom, does it matter, I saw you taking the couch!"
    V: "Mmm.. if you look behind me, you'll see almost everything is gone..."
    xwStH3r.png
    Looks like Malcolm needed that other painting very badly :D

Okay the same night, the cafe :)
    H5eF0ES.png
    Clara anaged to swipe that counter, after that I decided to take "before pics".
    cLu0vO6.png
    im82crg.png
    pD5k3K1.png
    Ignore melody in the toilet lol :)
    There was not traffic at that hour, so next day she went back.
    25AFHRA.png
    Hey dude! You work here! I suppose you needed that counter!
    KGjJkC4.png
    As did L..
    2zOLzqb.png
    Victor Feng needed a bookself...
    CuhMu5C.png
    Moira here was so happy about tableset for two...
    RNC1QVy.png
    Alika here was luckier than Moira, table set for 4!!
    nmmOJRR.png
    Mila, why that face, you just got yourself a computer!
    wMRauQp.png
    Whoa, Lily! Where are you going to put that huge price list of the cafe????
    ZzWI0Pj.png
    Meredith was the first to stole outdoor table set... mmh yes I can see it will be handy at SV.
    2WLTdtn.png
    And Clara is back.. feeling guilty now?
    ZtwGizE.png
    Dominic took both, counter and the bar stool..
    zXohA5g.png
    Gunther needed stereos...
    QZv0dtT.png
    Brytany needed a couch..
    zsu06gG.png
    Brant needed the chesstable and chairs..
    6zRqWNM.png
    Kalamainu'u took last remaining couch, just at the start of her work shift...
    OENA761.png
    Mele took sink and the counter..
    8opbY8K.png
    Baako needed a bathroom sink..
    NaLqhod.png
    Lily again, that last unused computer...

So , what was left of the lot :
    7sY9n7W.png
    eX8x96p.png
    FLICoim.png
    (Lily took that plant too)

Naturally random townies took lots of stuff too. I only focused at premades.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    February (Thursday) - DAY 3: Invitation To The Paragons Club

the-paragons.png
    Sakura didn't quite know what to wear to the new school, so she put on her old uniform and headed off. She had a wonderful first day and was keeping her "A" grade, but the teachers had very high expectations. Sakura felt a bit out of place, as all the students wore vibrant and artsy clothes. She met Sofia Bjergsen, and they became instant friends, and Sofia suggested that they go shopping together this weekend because she knew some great shops.

off-to-school-thurs.png

When she got back home, Sakura was tending her garden when she got a text from Sofia, who wanted her to join a club called the Paragons. She remembered Joaquin telling her that the Paragons Club was an exclusive invite-only club and Sergio also belonged to it and that Sergio's girlfriend was the leader of that club. Hmm...maybe Sergio or Sofia recommended Sakura for the club. Well, she didn't know anything about the club but thought she would give it a try, so she accepted the invite. She then got another text from Siobhan who told her that they were having a club meeting now at the Bathe de Rill and wondered if she wanted to come swimming with them? Swimming? Oh, that sounded like fun, so Sakura grabbed her backpack and headed off.

invited-to-join-paragons.png

They all arrived at Bathe de Rill together. Sakura met Siobhan, who introduced her to the club members. She already knew Sofia and Sergio, and also met Luna Villareal. From what Siobhan told her, Bathe de Rill was also the club's meeting place, where they headed first to change into their swimsuits.

siobhan-welcoming-her-to-the-club.png

Siobhan: "The aim of this club is to look good...ALWAYS. We are THE club to be in, you know, and we just don't accept anyone. And we like to drink coffee...but not just regular coffee...we like those gourmet blends, so I hope you like coffee, too. Anyway, I heard good things about you from both Sergio and Sofia, so I took a chance on you. But seriously, you DO have to get some new clothes. You just CAN'T be seen in THAT outfit if you're going to be with the Paragons. Luckily, Sofia told me about your...um...wardrobe, and I brought you an outfit to take home. I'll leave it for you in the club room. But just so you know, consider this a trial membership."

Sakura looked at herself and didn't think she looked so bad, but maybe sims dressed differently in Windenburg. Anyway, she was glad she was going shopping with Sofia, who could help her choose the "right" clothes to wear.

jump-for-group-swan-dive.png

They headed to the pool area, and the club members sat on the edge of the pool. Sakura saw a diving platform and decided to do a swan dive for the group.

and-its-perfect.png

It was just perfect and Siobhan even clapped, which was then followed by all the other club members clapping.

There must have been swimming lessons going on at the pool because there sure were a lot of kids there. Sakura did a few laps around the pool, but it seemed that the members of the Paragon club weren't actually getting into the water.

"Hey everyone, I thought we were going swimming..." shouted Sakura, but Siobhan just waved from where she was sitting saying she didn't want to get her swimsuit wet. That was weird.

thanks-for-being-a-friend.png

Sakura swam to the side and got out and chatted with Sofia. She had brought a small gift for her to thank her for being a friend and inviting her to the club. A small boy came up to her and told her that he thought Sakura's dive had been "awesome". The way he looked up at her was nothing short of adoration, and it reminded Sakura of how Kiyoshi's sister, Nanami, had looked at her when they first met.

"I will have to get Nanami a little present when I go shopping," Sakura thought to herself.

The little boy, whose name was Gideon Harris, wanted Sakura to watch him on the diving board. Sakura smiled and told him to go ahead and she'd watch.

someone-did-a-cannonball.png

Luna and Sofia sat down close to the diving board and were chatting with each other. As Gideon climbed to the top of the diving platform, he waved to Sakura and then bounded off the board and did a HUGE cannonball, which literally soaked Sofia and Luna. Sakura gave him a thumbs-up and told him it was "awesome" too. Sofia and Luna, however, were upset.

Luna: "Did you see what that little bratty kid did? He got me all wet! He's probably a member of the Renegades Club. I spent hours getting ready, and look at my make-up, it's all ruined. I will have to go upstairs now and change."

Sakura: "The Renegades Club? What is that?" she asked.

Sofia: "It's the most notorious club in Windenburg. They are just so horrible and they hate us. They're always doing mischievous things, like clogging toilets, and ...well...just mean and nasty stuff. And to be honest, we don't like them either. Stay away from them, Sakura. They are just trouble makers."

Sakura looked after Gideon and didn't think he had done anything wrong. He was just a kid having fun. Maybe it was a good thing that Sakura had done a swan dive rather than a cannonball if this is how her club was going to react.

getting-help-with-her-homework.png

She sat down at the edge of the pool and took out her homework. She didn't see Sergio around or any of the other club members, so she started on her homework alone. An elder woman sat beside her and looked at what she was writing.

Mary Greenburg: "Er...excuse me...that equation...you don't want to mix baking soda and vinegar together...you'll get a chemical reaction and the thing will explode...like a volcano..."

Sakura: "Oh, I think I wrote the wrong formula down from the board, then..." Sakura said looking woeful.

Mary Greenburg: "Well, no problem, I can help you with that if you want. My name's Mary, by the way, " she said as she helped Sakura finish her homework.

Sakura introduced herself and Mary told her she was from Evergreen Harbor and knew a thing or two about science and chemical reactions.

Mary Greenburg: "I have a little juice fizzing business back home, and was just visiting a friend in Windenburg. He's a scientist and he wanted to show me an unusual fruit that he had found in space. He calls it quill fruit. Thought I'd try some in my next fizzing batch. Anyway, I have to scoot, but if you're ever in Evergreen Harbor, look me up," she said as she bid Sakura goodbye.

the-paragon-club-room.png

With her homework done, Sakura looked around for the other club members. She thought maybe they were in the Club Room upstairs, so she went there.

paragon-room-coffee-makers.png
    a-change-room-paragons.png

They weren't there, but she saw a bag with her name on it. She looked inside the bag and the outfit that Siobhan had left her was quite colorful. She couldn't wait to try it on.

sakura-in-clown-suit.png

She went into the change room and came out wearing a clown suit.

Sakura: "Yep, sims in Windenburg certainly dress differently. Oh, Wait! This is some sort of joke they pull on new members. Right? Ha! Ha! Very funny, Siobhan," she thought.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I bought Sakura the incredibly friendly reward trait and now she has a Pristine Reputation, and it seems everyone wants to be her friend. I also purchased the frugal trait so that Sakura's bills would be lower.

In the Get To Work Pack, the Scientist's career is introduced, as are aliens. Quill fruit is a fruit that can only be found on the alien planet, Sixam. Mary just appeared beside Sakura and started talking to her, so I just made up a story that Mary was visiting her Scientist friend in Windenburg to get the quill fruit, which is used in the recipe for the Inspired Juice Fizz (Lemons, Pears, Quill Fruit).

I thought the little boy, Gideon Harris, was a random townie, but he is a pre-made sim who lives in Evergreen Harbor.

I realize that I had never fully explored the Clubs in Windenburg, and thought it was funny that the club activities of the Paragons is: Drink Coffee, Be Mean to the Renegades, and Try On Outfits. They also have a dress style for the club - Boho and pink. Sakura autonomously went in that closet and that is the random outfit she came out wearing.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @SoulGal7 It's really funny to see you play the Paragons when I just had Jules join the Renegades, haha! I wonder if Sakura will survive long in the Paragons, they remind me a lot of the Plastics from Mean Girls, and Sakura seems too sweet for them...just like Jules seems too sweet for the Renegades. One thing I like about the Renegades is that their club has one banned activity - Don't be mean to the Renegades. I liked the idea they take care of their own, even if they're horrible to everyone else. It's really fun to actually be playing the same world as everyone else this month!

Also poor Sakura in her little clown outfit. I think she's adorable, though obviously they're hazing her a bit, just like Tori hazed Jules by forcing her to sabotage a toilet haha. Jules is also a little jealous that Sakura gets to go through the fun butterfly door LOL. The Renegades are too busy in the damp basement breaking the plumbing to bother with a cute club house :D Also I love that no one else in the club actually got in the water, feels very on brand for them, whether you did that intentionally or not haha
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu HAHAHA, thanks for sharing, that looks like quite the disaster, I can't even imagine what playing with EL NAPs is like, but it looks like it can be very entertaining but also insane. I love her little run in with Veera - also Veera's hair is so gorgeous.
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    Oh good, I figured it must've just went away is why you didn't say anything other than she had a spider land on her. Patchy is very handy for a lot of things. Most of my gardener Sims will get one. If Vanessa does get a Patchy, she'll use him strictly as a gardener until she is doing the Freelance Botanist aspiration. She might check his pockets though from time to time, but I'll wait to plant anything she might find in her garden as well.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up! I like the club name, very clever. Excited to see this mall you're building! :)

She is, but she's decided to just accept things have to be the way they are, for now. But her mind is busy 24/7 hatching plans to contact Josh again. She's a bit lonely, but that'll change, especially if she gets a Patchy. Plus once she gets going on the aspiration, she'll have clubmates to hang out with too. Of course she smiles when Josh was in the picture, she's in love with him. Being close to the one you love makes everyone smile. :) She was already at Level 3 before moving, so it didn't take much to max out the skill. It only goes to Level 5. I'm sure she'll have no problems at all building her skills, and yeah it's great when they skill up organically without any specific prompts to do so. :)

@SoulGal7
    I love that she has her two 'big brothers' to look out for her and hang out with from time to time. Plus it doesn't hurt that Joaquin has the DJ booth she can 'borrow' to build her DJ skills. ;) I'm guessing you're right about Sergio's Hates Children trait. I believe that only includes babies and children, not teens.

VT! I love that nickname! Mind if I borrow it for her? DJ VT Varela has a nice ring to it! Thanks for the suggestion, it's cute! The bills were a shocker, but she can handle them no problem. As long as her garden is healthy. That's her only income at the moment. She'll finish the Angling Ace aspiration after Leader of the Pack is complete though and that'll bring in the bucks since she knows how to make valuable plasma packs from fish. I thought about having VT live off the grid at the beginning, but never implemented it. Perhaps she will in another world. Oh! Good idea using the bonfire on the beach for dancing skills, smart! I'll cross my fingers for a sale so you can possibly get ROM. It's such a great pack! I love it for all the CAS/BB too in addition to the Spellcasters. It's a fun pack and Glimmerbrook is just gorgeous!

Thanks, I think he'll be alright. We believe it's just a head cold and the sore throat. He doesn't have a fever or other signs of anything more serious. However, since he does have the sore throat, which is one of the symptoms of Covid, where he works required him to get tested for it before he can come back to work. We went out in a blizzard today to do that. What a nightmare! Whiteout conditions, slow traffic, people sliding off the road in front of us. Ugh! He's working remotely from home tomorrow and possibly next week or longer depending on his test results. Cross your fingers he doesn't have it! o.O If he does, then I'll need to get tested too and I'm not looking forward to it. Although, Hubby said it wasn't that bad, barely felt it. Just made his eye water is all. *shrugs*

Day 4 - Very cool she got an invitation to join the Paragons. I seriously don't think they're the club for her though. They all seem so stuck up to me. I'm glad she clapped and praised Gideon for his cannonball instead of joining the others calling him a brat. She's right, he was just being a kid! I like she met Mary Greenberg and your story for why she was there. I thought at first she was autonomously helping her with her homework. Interesting how many kids were at the pool. I wonder where all the club members went too and why they just left her there. Kind of a rude thing to do in my opinion. Oh my gosh! Hilarious she was randomly given the clown suit! It's pink too and I think that's the Paragons colors. Will she wear it to the next meeting? Would be a hoot to see the Paragons reaction to it. She'll probably just laugh it off as a new member hazing, telling them, 'great joke guys' though and wear something else. Fun update! :)

@Hermitgirl
    Yeah, she's jumping into those skills to keep her sanity and has somewhat accepted that's her life now, at least for the moment. Don't get me started on the gardening fiasco! I'm so over it! They said it was fixed in a patch, but it wasn't. Since it's not her fault, I just cheated to get them back to the blossoming state rather than wait for them to grow again. It's been my experience sometimes they don't even grow again. *sigh* Hey I try to do the same thing with hairstyles! I just makes sense. It would be too jarring for our Sims to go from long, straight for everyday to perhaps short and curly or something for formal or another category. I like the braid, but I like that long, wavy hairstyle better. It is very pretty and a bit more...feminine? I don't know if that's right to describe it, but the braid made her seem more austere to me for some reason. If that makes sense? :D

Aww, man! Would've been so cool if we could have special characters be club members. Dangit! I never really noticed if Roxanne was skinny or not until you said that. Her legs do look a bit thin in the screenshot at the séance table though. She doesn't look to pleased about eating that lobster to help her gain a bit of weight eh? :D

@Skeilah
    You will in a future chapter. For right now, she's Vanessa, or DJ VT Varela! ;)

I didn't put much clutter in Tessa's Mt. Komorebi house. I just got too much into her story with Josh around, so there was no time. Plus, I wanted to save her simoleans to build the Windenburg house. :)

She'll get it back eventually, don't know when, but yes, she'll be using it just for offline stuff for now. I'll of course use it to order stuff she might need too. One day she'll get the happiness she deserves, probably not until she's at least a young adult though.

Hilarious he actually gave him that guitar! I love it! It plays just the same as other 'real' guitars though so that's good. Great idea possibly trading the gaming mat for the DJ booth. Ah, a collectible. At least he didn't get coal! o.O :D

Naw, she's not going to hire a gardener, she might just get Patchy, we'll see. :) I love the nickname too and think I'll 'borrow' it, it's perfect! <3

Ah, Miss Jules makes her appearance again, and made herself right at home. Seems like something she'd do. She's so happy-go-lucky in your game. I can see why she and Naoki would be best friends. Poor Bryon thinking they were dating is why he didn't tell him about their friendship. Absolutely love how Jules busted a gut over it laughing her head off over the idea. I'm sure that made Bryon feel a lot better! Glad they got all that out in the open and Bryon didn't very upset about it. *whew* Great update! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    o.O So glad I turned off NAPs by default in both my custom templates. That's insane how much those Sims swiped! O.O I thought it was fixed so Sims wouldn't take stuff from community lots? Guess I was wrong. I can see how it would be fun to just sit back and watch all that happen though. As long as it was a save you didn't care about that is. <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52 , just like I replied to someone else in another thread where I also posted these, it MAY be fixed :) Remember, I am 2 patches behind :)

@permanentrose , hah I did it in purpose, as I have all the mods normally to nuke all the annoying :) But yes also I do not know is it still like that. As again, behind in patches :)

• Options
    oh and one more thing @Karababy52 , I selected the neighborhood in purpose, as I do have copies of said community lots, and all are replaced now and NAP is off :) I just did that for funzies :joy:

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu Ohhh, that's right, you're behind with patches, okay. That makes me feel a bit better for when VT has to play in Evergreen Harbor. I plan to turn on NAPs and play that world as intended when she's living there. o.O It's good to just let loose and do something just for fun now and then eh? Not that I don't find this challenge fun, but you know what I mean! ;)
  • Options
    Not that I don't find this challenge fun, but you know what I mean! ;)
    Yep, I know :) I did the same right after EL was released, also used LilSimsie's lots then, it was at UNI hood, and she clutters her lots so heavily, lots of stuff to swipe. I found it fun that my own 5 star celeb, Ted was the one who took all the paintings from that lot and ONE barstool :joy:

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu One? Only one? :D Must be he just lacked one for a full set or something. ;) I've never tried to use another Simmer's world before, but I can imagine LilSimsie's were cluttered up very well.
  • Options
    @Karababy52 , yes, I never played her save, but took some lots from it :D And yes it was throw away save anyway, MCCC married my Ted to Penny and all the paintings just and just fit at her apartment but there is no bar :D

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu I guess he just liked the looks of it then. :D Glad the paintings all fit in their apartment at least. Oh, wait...so all that stuff those Sims stole actually were kept by them? o.O Wow, I can see how that could be a problem with lag if Sharing is Caring kept happening in a world. All those things clogging up inventories would I imagine slow things way down. Anyway, glad it was just a throwaway world in that case and glad you had fun with it. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top