Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Aspiration Challenge :)

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am so upset. Once again my savegame broke. My aspiration game won't load at all. I am back to using my saved house and saved Nadia and Akira and just carrying on from there. Unfortuanatly I am losing all of Nadia and Akira's kids and grandkids. As I am concentrating on the aspiration part I will just carry on, but I am pretty upset that this is happening again, I wonder if its possible to have an actual safegame that does not corrupt while doing all the aspirations. I am not using cheats or anything so not sure why it happened again. I thought it was the bust the dust update last time, but this time there were no updates :(
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I am so upset. Once again my savegame broke. My aspiration game won't load at all. I am back to using my saved house and saved Nadia and Akira and just carrying on from there. Unfortuanatly I am losing all of Nadia and Akira's kids and grandkids. As I am concentrating on the aspiration part I will just carry on, but I am pretty upset that this is happening again, I wonder if its possible to have an actual safegame that does not corrupt while doing all the aspirations. I am not using cheats or anything so not sure why it happened again. I thought it was the bust the dust update last time, but this time there were no updates :(

try making a new sims 4 folder its amazing how much that helps
    also save the kids you like the same way you do your main sim
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

try making a new sims 4 folder its amazing how much that helps
    also save the kids you like the same way you do your main sim

I will definitely make a new sims 4 folder. I did have one of the kids with two babies in my library, they saved when I moved them out. But when I placed them they had no relationships with Nadia and Akira, so I just deleted them again. I am starting a brand new folder now, it means I will have to redo my test babies too, but its worth it, lets see if that helps me in the future ;)

• Options
    Tick two more ;)

r1ZEQAL.png

BqTZp6s.png
  • Options
    Nadia completed the mischief one, she is currently drinking forceable friendship potions and making friends with all her enemies to get her good reputation back. She is also pregnant and busy with the successful lineage aspiration, that one is gonna take a few days, her adult child needs to be maxed in a career, so will have one kiddo and keep them in the house until this one is reached.

1IaVrNx.png
  • Options
    This one took forever. I was clever though and had Julie Anne do creative things as a child and then painting as an adult so no having to work too hard on skills to level up in the painting career. She moved out now and Lady of the knits is next ;)

0i3wztX.png
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    I've really enjoyed reading this thread. I have a challenge that is pretty similar (Ultimate Sim Challenge) and so I am replaying mine along with this challenge's setup.

My sim is Nathan Llandros and he lives in a tiny home in Willow Creek. My game is totally vanilla and I have all packs released so far installed in my game. Aging is off for everyone and my seasons are set to 2 weeks each. We started the game in Spring. My sim was created as a toddler and had a caregiver - he achieved Top Notch Toddler, maxed all childhood aspirations and scouting, and earned the positive behavior traits as a teenager. I aged him to young adult and then saved him to start a brand new save file without his caregiver and start with the funds he would get just moving in to a world as a brand new sim. He only had two rewards purchased (observant and incredibly friendly) that he earned as a teen.

Nathan achieved his first aspiration on Day 2 in this save file. Living in a tiny home really helped with raising skills and relationships. I always start with this aspiration because of the beloved trait - keeps all relationships from decaying. I'm not playing random but may switch later if I feel like it.

Oc82PpT.jpg

Aspiration 2 was earned on Day 4. Nathan went after the Bodybuilder aspiration.

FRiZd3m.png

Currently, he does not have a job. He is taking on odd jobs and trying to reach level 5.

Now it's time to start thinking about his next aspiration.....
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Aspiration 3 is complete! Nerd Brain was his focus and the building of the rocket took forever! However, lots of other good things were accomplished. Nathan has completed Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Baking, Photography, and Handiness. That puts him at 9 skills mastered. In addition, his Odd Jobs rating is 5 stars. He mostly earns his money now through woodworking - crafting bathtubs and selling them with the marketable reward. (I am not selecting any of the needs rewards which makes it a little more challenging - he'll get those at some point most likely at the end.

VVYTcFF.jpg

Next aspiration to focus on is Leader of the Pack. It is currently Day 8 in this save and he is working hard. Looking forward to maybe some fun activities to finish Spring with this aspiration!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Llandros2012 that is excellent going, thanks so much for joining in its so much fun seeing you progress through them as well. Tons of fun. Well done for getting through them, its even more challenging not using the rewards to help with needs, I am a tiny bit cheaty, I made Nadia a spellcaster so she can make potions to help with needs LOL. Keep up the good work and show me how you go ;) Happy simming :)

ps. Nerd brain is a good one to have if you have the bust the dust kit. You can instant upgrade those robovacuums to keep your house dust free ;)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Everytime i read this thread i want to start a similar challenge :) maybe one day i'll be brave enough :)
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Everytime i read this thread i want to start a similar challenge :) maybe one day i'll be brave enough :)

Go for it, the more the merrier ;) You make your own rules, I always make my own challenges, I feel some are sooooo strict that its impossible, hence the fact that Nadia is a spellcaster ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Tick nr 38 ;)

tChk1Z3.png

Renaissance sim next, as I selected the aspiration it hopped to tier 3, the first two auto completed :)

edit to add, think this one will go quick, because of all her skills and university qualifications and stardom, she will start most of her jobs at level 3 allready, so might just get the job, go once and then get a next job ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Hahahaha just as I thought ;)
    All Nadia had to do is get a job via the computer, and then get another job :D
    It helps if you skill up and complete things as you go on all the other aspirations complete themselfs lol

Nartfks.png

4cMbZoa.png

Freelance botanist next. I wonder if it will be hard with all the plant bugs happening, but I will give it my best ;)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    @mcrudd Thank you for the comment! I have to be honest, I have shamelessly used some of your collection rooms that you have in your gallery over the years and have been so thankful that you've kept them up. It's so useful for those collections that we can't do anymore even though I love doing the collecting if I can.

Aspirations 4 and 5 are now complete. Leader of the Pack was pretty easy and a good chance to level up the Research and Debate skills. Also was able to knock out the Mischief skill at the Humor & Hijinks Festival.

Gq5Qav1.png

Renaissance Sim was almost an instant completion due to skills and the Connections reward trait. Nathan signed up for 2 part-time jobs and promptly quit them as he starts them already at level 3 (highest ranking).

oiNJL22.png

I am using @mcrudd 's completion checklist and have included it - I have not decided on the order of the other aspirations but looking into what will come next.

towcYFV.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    hahahaha @Llandros2012 I even use my own collection rooms. I mean I have collected them once already why do it again LOL :D I do try to keep them updated, sometimes its like pulling teeth though, I do have a skilled sim I use to make it easier to find the new ones, but sometimes they are pretty tricky especially if we get new plants and I have to do the grafting for the balcony ones and so on ;) I found exactly the same with my Renaissance aspiration, she even got bonusses for joining but never went to a day's work LOL. Glad my list is coming in handy for you, would be interesting to see your order. I used a randomizer but as time went on I had to switch things around, eg the Batuu ones and so on ;) Its amazing how when you near the end you almost instantly complete aspirations because your sim is super skilled and done most of the requirements in the past :) Happy simming and can't wait to see your other updates ;)
  • Options
    @mcrudd I was going to do random but I wanted to do Outdoor Retreat during summer and will probably do the Vampire/Criminal ones close together - I noticed that you did the Grilled Cheese first - was it hard to do that last part with talking to the Grim Reaper? I never know how to get him unless I'm a scientist and use the potion or kill somebody off!
  • Options
    So Nathan made it through Aspiration 6 - probably one of my least favorite, but Serial Romantic is complete - and he actually completed it on Love Day so it seemed perfectly planned (actually, random luck there!).

iuJqlMc.png

Only a couple of days before summer but I think I will have him just head on to Granite Falls a day or two early in order to let some plants start blooming. I dread this one but mostly because I try to complete all the insect collection and that can be tedious!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Llandros2012 in my gallery I have a sim that is on deaths door, she was saved only hours before her death. You pop her into your game and put aging on just for the one day and as she goes to bed at night, she passes on, just make sure your sim is around to see the death. ;)
    Serial romantic is my least favorite too, you are quite clever doing it so early, I despise it so much I left it for last, I thought of just deleting Akira with that one, so I don't ruin a good marriage but she will still complete the aspiration, I have to say if I redo it I might just do it first and get it out of the way ;) I had a hard time with the outdoor one with identifying all the plants, took forever to complete.

edit to add that sim for you At deaths door

OCbTU6p.png

• Options
    So the trick for Outdoor Retreat is to go on the first day of summer and let the plants have a day to spawn/bloom. Nathan was able to knock this one out pretty quickly although I did have to spend the night in a tent in the front yard for 3 days.

He was not able to catch the exclusive fish there but did manage to find all the insects! This will be a big help doing the Curator aspiration.

yZOp2op.png

Another one complete and now waiting on his University Acceptance Letter and Scholarships to come in. Hopefully I can squeeze in another aspiration before he starts college in the Fall.

inlTngI.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Awesome work @Llandros2012 , great tip about going the first day of summer. If I am ever mad enough to attempt this again then I will certainly do that LOL. I think with my save going bonkers so many times I might have to find all those things again for the curator aspiration since I had to start with my saved sim twice now, and you lose everything in their inventory if you do that. Its ok, more of a challenge :D
  • Options
    Nathan pulled off Aspiration 8 - Grilled Cheese (thank you @mcrudd for the sacrificial sim! She enjoyed her day in our tiny home briefly!)

3JcUMHl.png

Nathan enrolled in Foxbury but was able to squeeze out Aspiration 9 - Angling Ace just before classes began.

ufUauoZ.jpg

Currently we are almost finished with our 2nd term at university taking a full load of 4 classes - it leaves us with very little time to do much else with all the homework but only 2 more requirements are left before we wrap this one up in another week. I was dreading it but it's been going pretty well so far.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Way to go @Llandros2012 you are ticking them off one by one :) My poor old lady sim has died several deaths already LOL, but pretty handy since she never stays longer than a day ;) Glad she helped you out as well :)

ps. keep her in your library, you will need her again for the evil aspiration again LOL
  • Options
    Weeeee lets tick number 40 ;)

2Ft3aUX.png

This was a tricky one though. I managed to grow a cowplant but it did not register, so I exited the game saving and when I went back in it registered. The plants took a wee while to evolve and sometimes it would not count it, then I had my sim travel and when she got back it registered, in the end I got there. Also my cowplant went back to little horns and then a baby cowplant and she stayed a baby now.... weird, I might delete her so she does not corrupt my savegame.

Y4dLRIN.png
    uMELRIY.png

tBKj1pv.png
  • Options
    Tick 41 :)

WxzGKA4.png
  • Options
    Tick 42 ;)

03wqyMv.png

Leave a Comment