Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Aspiration Challenge :)

Comments

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    You are really going thru those aspirations fast @mcrudd. My own attempt at this is going much slower. So far I've managed 14 aspirations. I'm complicating it for myself by having a rule where each kid also has to finish one aspiration. But I'm having fun!
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    I haven't posted lately but have been busy working on the challenge - sometimes just doing what I can to get through it! My usual playstyle is to work on multiple aspirations at a time so just doing one until completion has been a challenge but given me time to get a few things done.

Aspiration 10 - Academic - Made it through University and got a degree in Villainy.
    rDTyEcF.png

Aspiration 11 - Chief of Mischief (time to get the devious ones out of the way)
    ne2VB1e.png

We moved to Forgotten Hollow and became a vampire. My game is set up with all seasons at two weeks and Nathan has to move to a new town after one sim year.

Aspiration 12 - Public Enemy (used the Villainy degree to help with this)
    p24owUw.png

Aspiration 13 - Fabulously Wealthy (didn't have to do much at all for this one)
    9whG50y.png

Aspiration 14 - Galactic Privateer - I needed a break so we headed off to be a scoundrel!
    hwyAuuP.png

Aspiration 15 - Hope vs. Order - probably should have started with this one but it didn't really matter - it was very quick!
    iuC3uXq.png

Aspiration 16 - Master Vampire - thought I would go insane having to wait 20 days to complete the last step but I did manage to knock out several collections while I waited.
    GADiLl8.png

Aspiration 17 - Vampire Family - this one went fairly quickly but I wanted to knock out all the vampire ones before moving on.
    fuvAnGi.png

Aspiration 18 - Good Vampire - misleading as it requires another 20 days (5 for one step and 14 for the final step) - I cured him instantly when it was over but almost all skills were done and several collections complete or very close to it.
    AZ3pjzv.png

Aspiration 19 - The Curator - did it in just a few days
    UeHw0oZ.png

Aspiration 20 - Musical Genius - May be able to squeeze out one or two more easy ones before Nathan has to move to a new town!
    UNKGYF3.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    ImSands wrote: »
    You are really going thru those aspirations fast @mcrudd. My own attempt at this is going much slower. So far I've managed 14 aspirations. I'm complicating it for myself by having a rule where each kid also has to finish one aspiration. But I'm having fun!

Its all about having fun and experiencing new game play, that would make it very interesting to make your kids complete aspirations too ;) Happy simming, feel free to post pics and show us what your sims are doing <3

@Llandros2012 that is a lot of aspirations ticked off there :o Way to go, you are doing very well. I remember the vampire ones being ridiculously long, I played with fast speed to try and get through the days quicker, my sims are pretty good at looking after themselves, I got them in a good routine so they know brekkie, lunch supper bath bed and toilet in between. I found the more you repeat an action the more they do it themselves as well, they are smart little sims :)
    @mcrudd you are so close to completing them all! You are right though - they get easier to accomplish as you go since you have all the skills completed. I've been holding off on the parenting ones but probably should get started - they will take quite a while!!

Aspiration 21 - Painter Extraordinaire - a very easy one to complete but I have fame turned off - this normally boosts me up in the star levels but I'm holding off on that for now.
    8RLisvv.png

Nathan moved to Glimmerbrook and sent off for his scholarships. Have not decided what he will study this time. He did Villainy in Willow Creek and Biology in Forgotten Hollow (both Distinguished degrees).

Aspiration 22 - Spellcraft and Sorcery - spent alot of time in the Magic Realm for this one - for some reason his discharge ability doesn't work or show up - it may be a glitch but not sure. I have been in the same save file the entire challenge.
    QJ8jow4.png

Aspiration 23 - Purveyor of Potions - pretty easy follow up to the last one and could do most of it back at home.
    InwwKsD.png

Aspiration 24 - Jungle Explorer - scholarships are all in but we needed a break - I really should have done the other jungle aspiration first but it turned out okay.
    BHQAY8p.png

Aspiration 25 - Archaeology Scholar - didn't take much effort for this one but glad to be able to come home - weird thing is that Nathan gave his archaeology lecture to his friends from inside his bathroom - as long as it works!
    cam6cS5.png
    @Llandros2012 from the bathroom :D:D Our sims have their ways, yes it definitely gets easier as you skill up and achieve things, the game automatically fills them, job hunting is so much easier after university cause you start at higher levels ;) Well goodluck with the rest of yours, I am off to go and play mine now too. I think if I remember correctly its Masterchef or something like that next LOL, I also know yet another vampire one is looming, I really should have done them all in a row like you, not a favorite of mine ;)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @Llandros2012 from the bathroom :D:D Our sims have their ways, yes it definitely gets easier as you skill up and achieve things, the game automatically fills them, job hunting is so much easier after university cause you start at higher levels ;) Well goodluck with the rest of yours, I am off to go and play mine now too. I think if I remember correctly its Masterchef or something like that next LOL, I also know yet another vampire one is looming, I really should have done them all in a row like you, not a favorite of mine ;)

I'm working on the Culinary degree right now and will be doing the chef aspiration after he graduates. I have run into an issue on the dust buster one - it says to have my floor get dirty on one level (which it is!) but it never registers it - I'm doing a repair on the game but if it persists I may have to cheat that one through - I hate to do it but I'm ready to move on.

Yeah, those vampire ones are long but if I remember your progress I think it is the one on the family tab and that one is MUCH quicker - just be sure to turn 5 (i think) sims into vampires as soon as you can so you don't have to wait 3 days for them to turn. But that one goes pretty quickly. I'm dreading the animal one and keep putting it off - I've only done it once and not looking forward to it at all. Some of those requirements are just a bit much for some of the aspirations but I'm doing it legit. I did break down and put one mod in my game to get rid of the City Living names - every townie was getting a Japanese name and I really just wanted a bit more diversity but the save file is the one I started with so hopefully it will continue to work with me for the duration! Good luck on your next achievements - I'm getting back in game to see if this dust one will ever work!!
    Just checked forums on my phone quick. For the dust one build a small little room no stairs or anything in basement ;)
    @Llandros2012 home now. I was sitting in the car while hubby was getting bread and milk, realized we did not have enough for tomorrow, but I realized I was wearing my bunny slippers as we got there so had to sit in the car LOL. So yeah I ended up making a little basement room and left it unattended and it build up dust by itself, just chuck a couch and table in there ;) I just finished the Chef one now, on to writer, pretty sure that one will go quick too, Nadia is a spell caster and have plenty of good potions to keep her going 24/7 to write those books ;)

StsieuJ.png
    Just as I thought that one went quick ;)
    uOJW9Ys.png

I have now reached the part where Nadia and Akira will part ways, lets just say he will disappear from her life, perhaps an alien abduction or something like that. (I will be deleting him) So that the other aspirations will be better to complete. I am not the cheating type of simmer and serial romantic is coming up soon.

Nadia will be a vampire next, but as soon as she completes this aspiration I will return her to a spellcaster, I love spellcasters <3
    @Llandros2012 did you come right with the dust the bust one? I am battling with my offspring. I had a dinner party, locked the doors and turned everyone there, but when I checked up on them a few days later they were still human. So plan B will be to add them to the actual household now and then kick them out after the aspiration. I might try again, and see how it goes, but so far no luck.
    I got desperate after several none turning days so googled it and found the problem ;) No touching perk was preventing my sim from completely turning sims, she would only bite their necks not offer them her blood from her wrist. Solved and off we go :D Found solution here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-V-GF-No-touching-quirk-prevents-Vampires-turning/td-p/7295358
    Finally tick 45, would have been sooner if if was not for the no touching perk buggy ;)
    uPIKutG.png

RXwQKxx.png

Now to remove the vampirism and so happy to be done with that for a while :) Almost there, not long to go.
    Aspiration 26 - Fabulously Filthy - I HATED THIS ONE!! First, the game started glitching out on the first set of requirements but it just took too much effort to keep the house this nasty. I'm pretty OCD and really just wanted to have my sim clean - plus doing a full load at University didn't help one bit! But it is finally finished and time to get busy cleaning up the messes Nathan made!

bf1X9lF.png
    @Llandros2012 did you come right with the dust the bust one?

I never could get it to register that one floor was dirty - I followed your suggestion and built a room in the basement and it got filthy but the game never recognized it. I finally had to cheat it through since it was done but not recognizing it. Trying to make the shower dirty was a lengthy ordeal. So glad it's over.

Glad you figured out the issue for the Vampire Family one - you are so close to being done! I hate it you had to get rid of Akira to do the Serial Romantic - I did that one early as I didn't want to deal with losing his soul mate. I still have the parenting and the animal aspirations - dreading them but need to get started on them.

Ugh @Llandros2012 I completely disliked that bust the dust one too. I had trash and dirty plates everywhere, I even had my sim kick over the bin so that they could not clean up the trash piles so had trash plants growing everywhere too. Its a pity the game did not recognize your one room that was dirty, what a pain. I don't wanna be funny but I think the longer my aspiration save goes the more buggy it becomes. Now that I have actually played through these, I will go back and change the order of things around a bit. With that being said that horrible serial romantic will go first to get it over and done with, I will put all the vampire ones together as well and hop in between them to make it easier as well as the family/parenting ones. I will definitely change this list once I am done. Might even redo it with a new sim and see if I can have it less buggy by saving as after each aspiration ;) Almost done with 46. Level 9 in the career and working in two days, she should get the promotion as I select work hard :)
    Oh my goodness finally. Why did this one feel long?

iAYPyYI.png

Next one should go quick though. Not too hard :)
    Just completed the comedian aspiration, I noticed that Nadia ate a lot while being funny so I think the next aspiration the fitness one is coming at a good time LOL

m69wfia.png
  • KimberlyForSimsKimberlyForSims Posts: 15 Member
    Good luck to Nadia in fitness
    The only Aspiration that I more or less perform is a "big happy family", and then I'm stuck in the third stage, where I have to make as many as three children. Maybe create a family that will alternately perform Aspirations? Hmm... interesting idea
    Good luck to Nadia in fitness
    The only Aspiration that I more or less perform is a "big happy family", and then I'm stuck in the third stage, where I have to make as many as three children. Maybe create a family that will alternately perform Aspirations? Hmm... interesting idea

Thank you :) I also used to stick to the same ones, I think it was big happy family and then the fabulously wealthy, I also always pick the same traits. So this was very good gameplay experience for me, I am learning so much more about the game than my things I always stuck too. I think alternating will be good as the game keeps track of what you have achieved and so on ;) Heading back in game, I so want to finish this and then readjust my list :D

Woop woop. That took some treadmilling and weight lifting to get done. Nadia is as thin as a rake now. I am heading into cas now to dress her all strangely for Strangerville to go and fight the MOTHER !!!! This one will take a while, I have done it before, although that frienship potion will help get some information out of the military asap hahahahaha, She will be moving to Strangerville too, new house new wacky life

1CDQzVn.png
    And so number 49 begins
    wXJKprt.png

I will start off by giving Nadia a nice big piece of cake, she needs to gain just a little, gosh that is just too thin :o
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Oh my goodness finally. Why did this one feel long?

iAYPyYI.png

Next one should go quick though. Not too hard :)

I hate that one. Easy level one and level two type challenges and then suddenly you have to get level 10 in a career. It makes no sense.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    Aspiration 27 - Perfectly Pristine - Finally got the mess cleaned up at the house - not as difficult as the filthy one but a good follow-up to get things in order.
    mlFuyK4.png

Aspiration 28 - Freelance Botanist - I was not looking forward to this as planting is bugged at best but sticking with a garden that stays in season all year long made things a bit easier. The cowplant took a while to grow but the trick of putting it in household inventory, traveling to another lot, returning and putting it back out in the yard worked like a charm.
    URxlhO3.png

Now it's time to pick the next thing to focus on!
    edited May 2021
    BookBear wrote: »
    I hate that one. Easy level one and level two type challenges and then suddenly you have to get level 10 in a career. It makes no sense.

I agree. I think if I did not have a spellcaster it would have taken even longer. I could have Nadia work hard the whole duration while at work to ensure she levels up. Knowing that when she gets home she will take the plentiful needs potion and have a nice warm lavender bath then snuggle up in front of the tv eating snacks to relax for the next work day.

Aspiration 27 - Perfectly Pristine - Finally got the mess cleaned up at the house - not as difficult as the filthy one but a good follow-up to get things in order.

Aspiration 28 - Freelance Botanist - I was not looking forward to this as planting is bugged at best but sticking with a garden that stays in season all year long made things a bit easier. The cowplant took a while to grow but the trick of putting it in household inventory, traveling to another lot, returning and putting it back out in the yard worked like a charm.
    g[/img]

Now it's time to pick the next thing to focus on!

I love the pristine cleaning one, Its so much easier. Gosh that Botanist one was one I feared too with all our bugged plants, but I build a little green house had only ten plants in there and went fishing for the cowberry in oasis springs park. My cowplant took forever to grow and when it grew it did not register, I exited the game and returned and then it registered, but even my plants I evolved never registered immediately, my sim had to travel away from home and back and then only it registered too. But got there in the end just like you, thank goodness the indoor plants did not convert back to planted stage, like my outdoor cowplant did in the end ;)

I am still in Strangerville, at the last part now where I have to look for spores and make vaccinations then get three friends to help out, this is going so much quicker with my sim's bestfriends introduction and forced friendship potion. Soon she can relocate from that spooky place

Post edited by mcrudd on
    Aspiration 29 - Lord of the Knits - This one was pretty quick and easy except for the glitch that the game doesn't register Legendary as higher then Excellent for the 10 items you have to knit. I lost count of how many I had to do but it all worked out.

mdflpJi.png

Aspiration 30 - Bestselling Author - another easy one but had to do it in between university classes and homework (which is WAY too long, but that's just my opinion!)

aBXAL59.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top