Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Buy An All Clothing Pack?

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
I don't know if it could be done game resources wise but if it could, would you purchase a game pack that had a large selection of new clothing items for male and female, kids through adults? It would, of course, include loads of long pants for male sims. It would have tops, bottoms and shoes at a minimum but could include accessories like jewelry, socks/tights as well.

ETA: It would not be a one theme or a branded pack, it would be all kinds of clothing for all the sims (except babies).

ETA: One advantage to a dedicated Clothing and Cosmetics pack created by the Sims 4 team would be that you would not have to worry about outdated cc every time there's a game update or patch.

ETA: It would be a Stuff pack sort of idea.
Post edited by Catzilla on

Would You Buy An All Clothing Pack? 149 votes

Yes, I'd love an all clothing pack!
34%
crocobauraalexspoom13NighteyesPlayerSinger2010FigwitBloosmooStrangerthanThunderbat87shanls96KatAnubisloubyloulougoodcakebaker62Amj1995SPARKY1922smurf45blueduhboy2u2fallenangel66ChampandGirliefoxybillyannaliese39 52 votes
Meh, I could take it or leave it.
22%
YunaIsb917SimburianMariefoxprice83MakeBelieveAquariusMomRamblineRosemotdkBabykittyjadebixtersfiercephoenix91SummerStreaklenorcaMovottiLoves2draw1812EnkiSchmidtCeridwenMDianaSimspinneduphairHopeyStarr 33 votes
No way! I can't decide what to dress my sims in already.
2%
simgirl1010Sigzy05catmando830SimmerGeorge 4 votes
No, I have zero interest in an all clothing pack.
29%
IcewolfSimsfreakmaniacsims2freak737Colorist40CKSillyPantsAllearsMi9shaoscarEvilWitch83rhaliusbabajaynefreindlylolWyrrenMindofysekojranaKennziKaigeAlwe1507emereDragonAge_300905Girklbenson2006 44 votes
Other...
10%
TheSpotted_CJestTruakaniki0phantasmkissHarukotyanDaraviAPottsdrakharisWaytoomanyUIDsChadSims2TamakiSakura84ddd994PeralRavenSpitBecka28Simmingal 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Yes, but it needs to include a lot of jewelry and shoes.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'll take it for Free, but I'm not paying for it.
  • Options

Yes, I agree but the idea I was thinking about was that normally they give us just a few new items with each new pack but what I had in mind was that there would be a lot more items included in a dedicated Clothing or Cosmetic pack.
  • Options
    Catzilla wrote: »

Yes, I agree but the idea I was thinking about was that normally they give us just a few new items with each new pack but what I had in mind was that there would be a lot more items included in a dedicated Clothing or Cosmetic pack.

Still not paying for it.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    My answer is the same as in the hair and makeup pack thread.

I’d probably buy it, but since I already have tons of clothing cc, it’s not at the top of my list or anything. I’d much prefer something where cc is lacking (like drum sets).

The one clothing item I need is socks at men’s crew sock length.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I want packs to add more game play so maybe I would buy it but really I would rather they don't do this.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would love more pyjamas, theres absolutely nothing for the old dears apart from a bath robe lol and we need hair rollers 😂 for your other poll haha
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I want packs to add more game play so maybe I would buy it but really I would rather they don't do this.

It would be a Stuff pack kind of pack, they don't usually add gameplay.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Yeah well. I don't really think that stuff packs need to be a thing at all. I'd rather they ditch them and focus on only game play packs.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I wouldn't say no to the idea, but whether or not I'd actually like it would depend heavily on what sort of styles were included with the pack. The more basic/versitile the items, the more I'd like it.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I really depends on what types of clothing are available in the pack to begin with. I need to look at them and see if any of them are like, hey I want this.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2020
    Other...
    as I mentioned in hair one too it would heavily depend on style of items and if i like the particular items

I would definitely be excited for alternative styles like goth punk lolita or occult wears or such maybe even cultural or historical wear be cool

but I really don't need another boring jeans and croptops found at h&m pack cause we really have too much of that wear already

oh or perhaps we could have like sewing skill and have our sims make some clothes which would add the gameplay part
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm the type of player that spends a lot of time in CAS, so more options are always a welcome thing.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    we already have tons of clothing packs with cc and it's not necessary to update them unlike mods. and i rather have to update them than pay for a clothing pack like bruh

as for console players that's another story
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Other...
    would really depend on the style or styles of clothing, in general though I am always for more CAS items and since I can't use CC (on console) I wouldn't be against such a pack.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Other...
    Depends. Whether it filled gaps in the existing catalogue or not.

Almost more of everything for males, kids and toddlers would be welcomed.

High waisted pants and skirts for women! Plus more "modest clothes" not every skirt needs to be sky high. Knee length and calf length are few and far between at present.

I would welcome scarves and jackets that layered over other clothes. And some more hat items like hair decorations for party or wedding events. I hste hor they are permanently part of some hairs ed il flower crown and you cant pick the colour of the
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    CAS is my favorite part of the sims4 so I think I would pay for a stuff pack with only CAS items. But I would also expect there to be way more CAS items in that pack if the pack will cost the same as a stuff pack. I'm not paying the same price for a third of the content that we tend to get.

A stuff pack has around...20 CAS items I think? I would expect at least 60 CAS items if they charge the same as a stuff pack.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I would love a clothing pack, because it would include new ways I can horribly dress my Sims
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Yeah well. I don't really think that stuff packs need to be a thing at all. I'd rather they ditch them and focus on only game play packs.

This. ^

They could've cut the amount of stuff packs in half if they combined them with GP instead.
    I mean, a Pets EP, and then My First Pet SP???? Really?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Let's say that I have very little interest. What I want in packs is gameplay, clothes are just a bonus.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other...
    The question is would they just reuse the same meshes we already have and create more flamboyant strangely colored items because I would not buy that cc is better. I have enough skin tight shirts and skin tight above the ankle pants I would not buy a pack like this unless they actually added new meshes and broadened the style. Like with the dark skin tones maybe they should take some advice from clothing cc creators who create many unique styles and don't just recolor the same item over and over badly.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The question is would they just reuse the same meshes we already have and create more flamboyant strangely colored items because I would not buy that cc is better. I have enough skin tight shirts and skin tight above the ankle pants I would not buy a pack like this unless they actually added new meshes and broadened the style. Like with the dark skin tones maybe they should take some advice from clothing cc creators who create many unique styles and don't just recolor the same item over and over badly.

I think I will have to try some CC just for CAS. A lot of people really seem to like it.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Other...
    Maybe depending on the brand used. Not another Moschino or some brand that doesn't impress the majority of simmers.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I think I will have to try some CC just for CAS. A lot of people really seem to like it.

There's some great (and not so great) cc out there. Choose a reputable download source.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I doubt if Maxis would do it. It might mean that some Simmers wouldn't buy a new pack because they were only interested in CAS. If you buy a lot of packs there are a lot of choices now.