Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll ever get cemeteries that function similarly as they did in Sims 3?

In Sims 3, I actually found the cemetery lot VERY useful when wanting to obtain the remains of a Sim who passed away outside of my current played household. The mausoleum was a nice feature to have (even if it was such a minor one)... however, in Sims 4, we don't have ANY cemeteries at all (except for the one aesthetic graveyard in 'Vampires', which doesn't have any actual function). When a Sim passes away outside of a played household, their tombstone or urn is nowhere to be found... which means they're lost forever! It truly infuriates me (especially when I'm trying to create a legacy, but won't be able to have a graveyard or cemetery of some kind). I like being able to keep the gravestones and urns of my Sims. It makes the game feel more realistic.

So, after six years of The Sims 4 being released, do you think we'll ever see a cemetery lot type with an interactive mausoleum?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Do you think we'll ever get cemeteries that function similarly as they did in Sims 3? 65 votes

Yes
30%
tams2578SimburianKennziKaigesmurf45blueFoxrox77jak135kristenleighwhiteannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7texxx78Colton147147comicsforlifeDOKKOM_nataliesarabeth2984AyKooChaoAteezinWonderlandCNJ93Isharellmorganlefaye 20 votes
No
69%
LukeIdontrcallalexspoom13CamkatCorkysPetalssimgirl1010Wyrrendrake_mccartyalejandro15039taydevspice3phantasmkissKniga_SitarapammiechickSimmerMarsSummerStreaklenorcaWaytoomanyUIDsCellardwellerSigzy05 45 votes

Comments

• Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes because I want think positively lol. But most likely no. It would be awesome if we did!!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes
    I'm hoping that eventually we'll get a cemetery lot type that functions similar to the one in sims 3. It's sorely missed in TS4. I do create my own lots but they are hard to manage when the urns of deceased sims are not stored in a specific place. I assume the game does not understand where to place them because in TS4 we have access to multiple worlds, whereas in TS3 everything is contained within the one world, having to deal with one graveyard only.
    I do wonder how the graveyard functions in the upcoming EP.

I can imagine graveyard lots to be tied to DLC (possibly "Happy Haunts" if that's currently in the making?) but it would be better as a Base game update.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    honestly I don't want them to work like in sims 3 because the sims auto transferring to graveyards was very annoying and i lost many sims to that cause i couldn't find them after they auto transferred to bring them back as a ghost or something (missing from masoleum missing forever)

but I would be in for graveyards if i could somehow direct it myself like "transfer this grave to graveyard" and you'd then have similar screen to moving screen except u can only choose graveyards and it would show you if those are full so you can't add more sims cause there be ready spots or something

but like basically i still want it to be easy for my black widows to have all their husbands in their back garden you know unlike ts3

and i think it be neat if we could be sure the graves go in reasonable places without having to edit that lot everytime someone dies so for that i think grave spots would be neat and they could have additional interactions like add flowers or add candles or choose different stones or such

or perhaps even couple or family grave spot would be neat

also as for autodirecting single sim households or unplayed sims i guess sending those to masoleum would make sense (but honestly id hate to clutter my graveyards with those random townies dying by themselves so perhaps a toggle)

there could even be "plan for death" interaction so they be send to their assigned spot whenever they die

also i really want funerals

but i realize this is probably too grand a dream so :cry:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    No
    I voted no because the question was "do you think we will get them".

I do want them though. For now I just use generic lots and build my own.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    Just wanted to say that my Sims father who lived outside of my sims household— the fathers urn was at the fathers house. I found it and put it in the cemetery that I made.

We don’t technically need a functional cemetery so they won’t waste time on one. I agree that it’d be nice to have one but I’d rather have more animations. For example, when a sim dies, we don’t get any consoling animations except for the standard ones. Sims should be telling the bereaved how sorry they are and sending flowers or bringing over food. I hate how the game just doesn’t care beyond making the sim sad for two days. So annoying.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    I would love proper cemeteries, but I don't think there will ever be mechanics in game for them. Maybe if people have voted for the death pack, but there was no way all they proposed features could have be treated adequately in a Stuff Pack, which normally only gets 1 maybe 2 new gameplay mechanics.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes
    I hope we will but I don't know
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes
    I'm hoping that eventually we'll get a cemetery lot type that functions similar to the one in sims 3. It's sorely missed in TS4. I do create my own lots but they are hard to manage when the urns of deceased sims are not stored in a specific place. I assume the game does not understand where to place them because in TS4 we have access to multiple worlds, whereas in TS3 everything is contained within the one world, having to deal with one graveyard only.
    I do wonder how the graveyard functions in the upcoming EP.

I can imagine graveyard lots to be tied to DLC (possibly "Happy Haunts" if that's currently in the making?) but it would be better as a Base game update.

I'm with you on that. I think they have plans to do it sometime and it will come in a Game pack. A graveyard of some kind appears in this latest expansion and Maxis always trails stuff in earlier packs that appear more in later packs like the off the grid stuff, for example.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I doubt that it will ever happen but I hope that it does. The Sims 4 seems to steer away from anything that isn't sunshine and rainbows.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    No
    I never played Sims 3 so don't know how graveyards worked there. I created a graveyard as a national park and it works fine for me. I can't really think of what functionality a graveyard lot type would have that I can't already create with what we have. But am always happy to get anything new :smiley:
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    No
    I doubt it. I think EA is focused more on what they perceive as "money makers", and adding a cemetery wouldn't have wide appeal
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No
    I'd love it, but they are focusing on trying to do things they haven't done before, even if that means skipping the tried-and-true.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No
    I voted No because IMHO I don't think they are necessary for game play. I didn't use them much after the first week due to the newness wore off.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    honestly I don't want them to work like in sims 3 because the sims auto transferring to graveyards was very annoying and i lost many sims to that cause i couldn't find them after they auto transferred to bring them back as a ghost or something (missing from masoleum missing forever)

but I would be in for graveyards if i could somehow direct it myself like "transfer this grave to graveyard" and you'd then have similar screen to moving screen except u can only choose graveyards and it would show you if those are full so you can't add more sims cause there be ready spots or something

Sounds like a great idea to have the option to transfer your Sim's gravestone to an official graveyard if you want the option to either keep the headstone in your inventory or if you want a more realistic feel to where you bury your dead. I'd like to have an official cemetery as well, sounds interesting.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    No
    No, because how many opportunities have they had to bring them to the game?

I mean, a Halloween patch, Vampires GP, Spooky Stuff.
    It's not really that big of a deal, but like you OP I found the graveyards in TS3 to be helpful as well as provide a spooky place for me to take my sims to occasionally.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    Option: Other. I would like them improved upon the Sims 3 versions. I didn't care for the rabbit hole aspects of those lots. It would be neat if they had some hidden basements to explore like the catacombs of Paris. I loved exploring the tombs of World Adventures too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    No
    What is the point? No, really. Serious question. What is the point?
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    No
    ArcherDK wrote: »

I can see the point. I have one in my save where I have aging turned on, because it's nice to have a final resting place for my Sims. But as far as EA is concerned, that's a minor detail that won't help them to sell packs
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited November 2020

Because in reality, you're able to reclaim your loved ones' gravestones or urns... the fact that our Sims die and literally just vanish from existence if we're not currently playing that specific household is ridiculous.

I mean, honestly, I literally explained why I'd like to see cemeteries in this discussion... right at the top. Read.
    Post edited by Lustianicia on
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think we will get cemetery lot type eventually in this game. Not sure if it will be like Sims 3 though or if I'd want it to be like that. I know I want to have a funeral or wake or some sort of service for my sim and either have the ability to set the tombstone/urn there manually or let the game ask me what I want to do. Hopefully in build buy we can move things around also.
    I'm sure there are a variety of ways they could do it that I would appreciate.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    No

Because in reality, you're able to reclaim your loved ones' gravestones or urns... the fact that our Sims die and literally just vanish from existence if we're not currently playing that specific household is ridiculous.

I mean, honestly, I literally explained why I'd like to see cemeteries in this discussion... right at the top. Read.

I suppose that does make sense. Still, this is too niche on an idea to add cemeteries. This is exactly why one can store urns and tombstones. I have a crypt myself, actually. I can see why people would want this, but what is the point of committing recourses to this if it will be a niche feature.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

I suppose that does make sense. Still, this is too niche on an idea to add cemeteries. This is exactly why one can store urns and tombstones. I have a crypt myself, actually. I can see why people would want this, but what is the point of committing recourses to this if it will be a niche feature.

You're missing the point... you're only able to store their urns and tombstones IF you can find them... when a Sim dies outside of your currently played household, their tombstones/urns are nowhere to be found.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    No
    It's one of the few features of Sims 3 that I have read about that really interests me, but I have a feeling if they haven't added it by now they're not going to.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    No
    Camkat wrote: »
    I voted no because the question was "do you think we will get them".

I do want them though. For now I just use generic lots and build my own.

Nice. Good answer!

Do I think 'we' will get cemeteries in Sims 4 that function the same as in Sims 3?

No, I do not think so.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    No
    Even though they don't work the same, you can still have cemeteries. I built one in a back lot of Willow Creek, and when someone dies, I have someone take their urn there--it turns into a tombstone once placed in world, and you can position it using build mode