Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shaymantha's showcase

Comments

• Options
    ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Lol @WintersEdge22 im not always that prepared too! 😅 🤣 As for the interior there's nothing to show really tbh think i best try finding a way to widen the bus so can put stuff in there and still be useable/accessible. Was my first try so very pleased with how it turned out.
  • Options
    WintersEdge22WintersEdge22 Posts: 103 Member
    Yay! You just hit page 4! I gotta catch up :joy: Yeah, I had a feeling it was something like that. No worries, you can always do a remastered version later perhaps or maybe a version that doesn't have a roof on the 2nd level for tourists to take their photos :lol: Haha, I gotta stop being a side-seat builder :joy:
  • Options
    Lol @WintersEdge22 nothing wrong with that! We should do a co build or something as a group sometime that be 😎 and all who join in could add their own little signature piece ect 🤔
  • Options
    Oh hi my new friend @Simeralla thank you very much and for visiting my showcase another lovely surprize 😊 Today just keeps getting better and better ❤
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    This was my entry for #PinkhairMich#12mich06. Kacie Is the front member of girl punk rock group Tickled Pink. She's multi talented in both playing music and singing as well as writing all their band's songs! She's based off one of my fav female singers Marie Fredriksson from a duet known as Roxette. The challenge is in support of breast cancer awareness by turning the gallery pink with entries :smiley: Was fun to enter it and i hope to see more too :)<3

Kacie Fredriksson
    eOdjm3xl.png
    This is Marie Fredriksson <3 her and may she RIP still can't believe she left us Dec 2019 :'(
    c5SxKfm.png
    Post edited by Shaymantha on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Kacie is a lovely musical sim and a very nice simversion of Marie! :) You have reflected her very well as a sim! Her outfits are vey nice and their colours go well with her pink hair. She is a very nice entry for the challenge :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow I'm glad to have entered was/is fun as it's deadline is 31st October for anyone who would like to join in. :) I must admit the first time i saw that you could use that hairstyle on female sims too Marie was first person i pictured with that hairstyle since it's so similar to her real life one :smiley:
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Beautiful sim and awesome cause. :) My mother died from breast cancer a few years ago. :'(
  • Options
    Thank you @luvdasims55 and sorry to hear about your mother may she R.I.P. I've looked after a lady who also had it but she moved to a care home too far for me to visit her and she passed 2 months later just as i was getting close to getting time off to go see her too :'( Only blessing was at least they not suffering anymore.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I saw that you have added to your post about the pink hair challenge that it is being done to support breast cancer awareness. The challenge is a very lovely and caring way of providing support and encouragement to all people whose lives have been touched by breast cancer, either they themselves or their loved ones <3
  • Options
    Couldn't have said it better myself dear @rosemow and thanks for pointing it out that i've added it to my post <3
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    My next entry is my family home built for a friend using base game only since that's all my friend had at the time and was in awe with my builds but couldn't use them sadly. :( So being the nice friend i am i decided to try my hand at base game builds switching it up a little from my normal "using every pack i own as long as it fits!" :joy: This was the end result :smile:

Base Game Family Home

The exterior
    J4032Xt.png?1
    ozAaqsb.png?1
    qF9E24J.png?1
    mQc78Td.png?1
    WMJCwQR.png?1
    Ss3MYYs.png?1
    wJH3KVq.png?1
    kR0gqLS.png?1
    blV8ysm.png?1
    Jx2XX2d.png?1
    bap2g3Q.png?1
    pgipxwG.png
    6yHaVGF.png

Ground Floor
    AsFq1VY.png?1
    W3N8UDC.png
    DvDmtY6.png
    pqkaNCz.png
    txVkfrE.png
    m3YPsaA.png
    XDHPJX0.png
    27mgNHl.png
    bG9AAJl.png
    rqKPsFW.png
    Fpap0pZ.png
    OfeTmcW.png
    jU1iI94.png
    r0YTKvO.png
    sYCEBEc.png

1st Floor, there's access to the outside from this floor too.
    FeluLut.png?1
    k6TuSUG.png
    ozguaAb.png
    S2QQn96.png
    YvludhD.png
    4pNSVFU.png
    6xZgFjn.png
    TA07bN8.png

Top floor, it has a balcony looking over the back garden.
    tMybtWG.png?1
    AER5Tnl.png
    P2wLbaz.png
    j01mnsE.png
    1iEwYyD.png
    nRlfbKk.png
    QJbEb9t.png
    BCdV1KV.png

That concludes this build :smile: Hope you enjoy and take care everyone.

Post edited by Shaymantha on
  • Options
    WintersEdge22WintersEdge22 Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2020
    A co-build sounds kinda fun! Dibs on gardens lol! Or we could always work on decorating that castle...jk! I'm not touching that thing with a 10-foot pole :joy:

Kacie looks so gorgeous! She's rocking that pink hair! Love the name of the band you came up with for her :joy: Great work on all her outfits too! They really suit her!

Your base game home is so gorgeous! Beautiful, realistic gardens out front and great use of terrain paint! Love the little fountain you squeezed in there too! Love how you have a 1st and 2nd floor entrance in the front! The home looks so great with the octagonal rooms in front! Really adds a nice touch to it all. The window boxes are very pretty and I love the wrap-around 2nd floor balcony that leads to the back yard! Great idea!

All the rooms in the home are so lavishly decorated! Great use of rugs in each of the rooms! They are all detailed and unique! Really love the dining room, family room and upstairs hallways! So many lovely details and so nice that you made this for your friend as a base game build! Great work! :heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    Hi @WintersEdge22 thanks for popping by again :smiley: Knew you'd say dibs on garden stuff and tbh that's prob part i'd assign to you so we get some of your amazing garden art! <3

Yeah Kacie really does "rock her outfits" glad you like them tbh the hair and clothing style is similar to Marie who she based off. Was a good challenge tbh and i hope more join in for the cause too. The band name is actually a quest name in the game called monster hunter world that i used to play and i thought it be fitting for her band name because the expression "it tickled me" can be used to describe something fun or funny of which it was a fun challenge, and since the colour pink is the second word of the quest name that fitted in too since the colour scheme was pink for the challenge! ;)

Pleased you like and picked up on my little garden areas too! Thanks for the praise on them as it means a lot when it comes from you with that being your area of expertise! :blush: As for the fountain i just had to have 1 in there :joy:

My fav feature of the house exterior is the wrap around balcony and it pleases me that others like that too. Not to mention the fact i kept it as quite a small build compared to my normal was quite the achievement for me :joy:<3
  • Options
    Base Game Family Home is a very beautiful family home! :) It is very kind of you to build a very special home using only base game items <3 Very lovely exterior design, wraparound porch, pretty flower box windows, and lovely fish fountains feature and flowers garden nooks in the front area! Very nice back patio area for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub, and enjoy eating meals that they have cooked on the bbq. The corner gardening nook is great! Very lovely furnishing and layout of the interior! It is such a very nice detailed home! The pink, blue, red and white bedroom colours, furnishings and and the bedroom curtains are very lovely! Very nice nook area for sims to enjoy doing painting on the easel and woodwork on the crafting table. Very lovely dining area! The wood walls, flooring, and wood textured furniture are very nice, warm and calming! The fruit wall picture is a nice touch on the wall and the teaset, fruit bowl and bottles are homely on the corner angled table.
    It is a lovely family home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for popping by again @rosemow <3 and for your review, I always smile reading them as you always write them well like they are actually from a sim's actual pov (like if they was a real person) and how they would enjoy the features of that build amazing job dear :smiley:<3
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Base game house looks really amazing! :)
  • Options
    Hello @luvdasims55 thank you very much for popping by again much appreciated :) and thanks for the compliments on my house too :smiley:
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited October 2020
    I took one night off and now you've got four builds already @Shaymantha? Unbelievable! We stan a quick queen.

Chateau Castle is such a creative take on a palatial home. It has all these modern amenities (even a shady science lab) but keeps the grand luxe of its older counterparts. Robert would have a fit if he sees this though lol. It's a shame the gardens have been deleted. (Guess the gardener/landscaper must have tired of maintaining such an estate.) They were lovely and relaxing to be in with scenic views of the less fortunate Sims in Del Sol Valley.

Kacie is a very pretty Sim. She looks cool in her outfits. It's also very noble of you to put aside your dislike of pink for the Breast Awareness cause.

Congratulations on a thousand (and counting) downloads, Sammy! Now that's a proper double decker bus! Couldn't have done it better myself. Love the llama reference and the London Underground signage-lookalike on its side. Wouldn't the driver be arrested for counter-flowing though?

Base Game Family Home is lovely. It's carefully decorated with pieces that I didn't even know existed up until this point. It's a good reminder that the game is not as empty as some other Simmers think it to be. My usual minimalist self thinks you've done well on the bar area but the chateau connoisseur in me is looking at that red bedroom.

Edited for grammar coz I'm a Writer now lol.
  • Options
    Hey My friend @orenjiAi thanks for popping by again. :smiley: Lol i seem to have heard that from someone else slacking too *cough @WintersEdge22 cough* :joy:

Lol yeah Rob would defo have a fit hahaha especially as it's got a rocket too that i don't think anyone spotted, if they have it not been mentioned yet! XD As for the gardens meh think i'll go bug my friend for more of her garden art for that lol

Thanks i'm pleased how well Kacie turned out though surprised you not mention anything about her first name especially with having the pink hair too rofl. I don't mind pink a little bit especially for something like that, it's just no colour is as good as blue imo but each to their own and i respect that.

Many thanks and i'm sure you could do it just as well if not better after learning a couple of tricks i used to get it like that ;) It's just a box on wheels after all lol The driver's safe there's no steering wheel for a start! :joy:

A few weeks back when we was throwing ideas about you said doing a trial run using base game only would make our build look poor due to many "ugly items" now i'm glad you can see the potential you can get out the base game at last! :wink: As for the red room i'd have thought you'd be sick of seeing red by now! :D
  • Options
    SimerallaSimeralla Posts: 962 Member
    @Shaymantha I love that you did a base house for your friend. It looks amazing!. I too Love Roxette, One for my all time favorite girl bands/duos. Cancer so Sucks!. I think what your friend Kacie is doing is really cool to support breast cancer awareness <3 ! The pink hair rocks! B)
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Shaymantha wrote: »
    A few weeks back when we was throwing ideas about you said doing a trial run
    Hey! Weren't we supposed to be doing a pass the build challenge?

Also I'm really sorry Sammy, I really tried doing Creighton-Ward. But the peristyle entrance is impossible with the TS4 columns being skinny legends and all. It just doesn't look right.

*throws WIP into the Nanocan bin*
    +§10
  • Options
    Hello again @simeralla thanks for visiting and your kind words :smile: Glad people like Kacie and joining in the cause on gallery i'm currently making her band members to go with her XD. Yay another Roxette fan *high fives* Thanks very much <3
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Hey! Weren't we supposed to be doing a pass the build challenge?

Also I'm really sorry Sammy, I really tried doing Creighton-Ward. But the peristyle entrance is impossible with the TS4 columns being skinny legends and all. It just doesn't look right.

*throws WIP into the Nanocan bin*
    +§10

Lol yes Kev we was but we never got it off the drawing board then we seemed to have forgotten about it completely. :/ I was too busy with Shay and Miguel on the Pantera rofl :joy:

Don't worry about that damm huge mansion i got 2 wip's atm 1 of which is huge might i add! XD