Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shaymantha's showcase

Comments

• ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Aye that is true my friend! @luvdasims55 well said ;)
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I was gonna say something, but I forgot either due to dementia or the "few" drinks that I've had tonight. :o Anyway, this whole drummer thing reminds me of a summer in the 90's when a lot of classic rock bands were touring and I was able to attend a lot of their concerts.

The best concert I had the pleasure of seeing that summer was performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I actually consider them to be country rock, but that's besides the point. The stage was dark and out comes...the lead singer? NO. The lead guitarist? NO. The bass guitarist? NO The guy on keyboards? NO. The backup singers? NO.

The DRUMMER came out and when he started playing the drums they lit up and the crowd went wild. Then the band members came out one at a time and joined him in jamming down. The lead singer was the last one to come out and then it was one jam after another the whole night long. Hands down the best concert I attended that summer! :) Of course, Free Bird is my all time favorite song. A 15 minute rendition of Free Bird as the last song they played as an encore went a long ways in determining my favorite concert that summer. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to be such a long comment, but I wanted to emphasis how important a drummer is to music! EA really let me down when they didn't put the drummer skill in 4. What a travesty! :/
    Lol nps @luvdasims55 my rant was way longer and took me days to shut up about it 🀣
    @Shaymantha Getting this thread back on track, I visited your gallery. I'm really jealous! Your builds and your sims are really awesome! Really impressive to someone like me who has no artistic talent whatsoever! Keep up the awesome work! :)
    edited October 2020
    ☺ aww thanks @luvdasims55 and im sure you've got a talent i don't! Be boring if we was all good at the same thing. Plus your better at telling stories than me i always enjoy reading them. πŸ˜†
    @Shaymantha Big mistake complimenting my storytelling ability. :o Now I'm just gonna have to tell you another story. :p Hopefully, to get your day off to a great start with a big smile. :)
    edited October 2020
    Cool @luvdasims55 I'll look forward to it though maybe best you pm it to me πŸ˜‰
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    That castle you posted looks so rad! I love how you did the roofs! Great job. The color scheme is nice too!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited October 2020
    My first ever sim in TS3 was named Hannah Montez. She was a Hispanic bootleg version of the Disney channel original character (I was young, and I made bad decisions ok?!?). I made her to be a rock-pop star. She only ever performed one concert. Sadly, I grew tired of her after cheating her into owning the Lone Wolff Manor. She would have loved this stage. I miss her sometimes.

Ahh yes "Castle Shell" :joy: I really like the looks of this one. It's a very nice late French medieval castle. It looks authentic and the bridge crossing the moat is a nice touch. I love the guard knights by the threshold. I remember when it was just a smol boi, look how much it's grown now :cry:

Lovely work @Shaymantha! Keep up the good work! :)
    Post edited by orenjiAi on
    edited October 2020
    Hey @DeKay good to see you and thanks for popping by :smiley: Glad you like it and the roofs as i didn't want them having that 'cone' look :joy: Now i just need to finish it off but need a willing friend to help i think :wink:

Smh Kev i have no words! :joy: Hannah Montez oh dear you poor thing! My sims rock band was ofc vampires and the band was called Vampenessence! Well to start with as it kinda got changed many times i forgot what other names i used. :/ This is the semi finished version of the one i showed you that i scrapped in the end, I got 1 huge WIP i don't need more! Glad you like it @orenjiAi and thanks for your review of my intricate builds :smiley:
    Post edited by Shaymantha on
    edited November 2020
    This next build is my slightly smaller castle called "Chateau Castle" built on Chateau Peak in Del Sol Valley and called it after where it was built since i'm terrible at naming stuff! :joy: At the time of naming it i had forgotten that Chateau means "castle" in french oops! :# So effectively it's called "Castle Castle" smh.
    Chateau Castle

RO2z39O.png
    Xmtw9dp.png

These are the outside pics the side gardens i deleted and still haven't redone to this day. they was deleted as i thought it was too much at the time.
    nxULCtO.png
    kG8RQpN.png
    wnyQsfo.png
    6TJo6FW.png
    WJ6CT1E.png
    NewJYeK.png
    fhRYMo1.png

The towers, bedrooms and the balcony areas. All bedrooms excluding baby/toddler room have an en suite bathroom and all same just in different colours. It has 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms on the main floor of these areas. There's also the crypt with 6 coffins as i mainly play occults so most if not all my builds usually cater for both vampires and spellcasters.
    SSIgbBu.png
    2dbQx24.png
    sYR7FPy.png
    GJdI06I.png
    Q8fqy9w.png
    niAcXmc.png
    nq2NMAs.png
    eYVFJlr.png
    XBs2QgL.png
    sjQx7f7.png
    7mx3VQO.png
    dsgjvib.png
    4VZoYYH.png
    MhKEIzc.png
    cVwKkbw.png
    P7rZC3m.png
    UkkqhiX.pngP7rZC3m.png

Main floor and throne room as you walk through the front door
    lIoy9sy.png
    0hjmdmg.png
    nz7gBFD.png
    GDFVy07.png
    ZiOll3s.png
    r1zgm1Z.png
    OpmBqIt.png
    mB66BbJ.png
    2ZhMgvY.png
    MFHRby0.png
    bnA1xeh.png
    TeaJmEG.png
    p74pe2H.png
    tC97Ehw.png
    coRRiQM.png
    fnwnCSM.png
    TLoWIDm.png
    l7UUjry.png
    SlEitbP.png
    4nlQVne.png
    N3kTQyf.png
    R2I1VrA.png

The basement areas accessed from the party room. The crypt is accessed through a secret door in the photography room. There's also an earlier version of a science lab down there too as i built this castle roundabout the time when i first got the get to work pack.
    0XAK0Kk.png
    pTJv7hv.png
    htULZbr.png
    KLtpznG.png
    0c0Ooup.png
    acJf9el.png
    O1NGZHD.png
    0cqtmoT.png
    HMMTBRb.png
    6HY6OWO.png
    ouJTLXD.png
    rvhXJeu.png
    GUHP2VT.png
    jJeVZ2J.png
    W7xOHx9.png
    p2bWRiC.png
    rwGIfYv.png
    yCWDMr4.png
    RdgEEvA.png
    GmdSyJf.png
    3E8ImRI.png

That's this build covered hope you guys like it :blush:

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Chateau Castle is a very lovely castle home! :) The exterior design, arch windows, and towers are very nice! Very lovely pond and outdoors dining patio! The furnishing of the interior is beautiful! Very nice design, colour and layout of each room! It is so very detailed! The throne room with knights guarding the throne is very elegant! The bedrooms are all designed in a very lovely way! Very nice basement areas! The science lab is very great! The music stage area is lovely! The secret crypt area is great in the home!
    It is a very special detailed family castle! :)
    Thank you very much @rosemow for your lovely review and i'm glad you like it especially the throne room and it's elegance took me a while to get it to how i liked :smiley:
  • WintersEdge22WintersEdge22 Posts: 103 Member
    Wow, I slack off a few days and you go crazy with lots of new uploads! Better get busy now lol! Let's see what's first?

You're science lab looks awesome! Love the area with all the rockets and ufo's! All the underground rooms look so amazing and really detailed! Really love the alien flora greenhouse! The underground testing areas are packed full with so many amazing details and ideas! Love this build!

The Barracks is another amazing build! Very realistic design and layout! Love the workout room, bedroom & bathroom areas! I don't know why, but I really laughed when I saw the hot tub in the gym! :joy: I guess the idea of 4 army guys/gals hot tubbing it sounds funny :joy: The kitchen, dining and game areas look great too! So many wonderful details!

You party park looks amazing! It's great being able to see it in better detail! Really love the sunrose bushes you lined the front of the property with! The bars and backstage areas look great and really well detailed! Very nice stage display & decor!

Your castle looks even more amazing than the gallery pics! It's great seeing it up close and in better detail, even if it' is unfurnished :joy: The central tower area looks great! Love how you sectioned off the interior courtyard with the main paths. I'm sure they'll be a training area somewhere when it's furnished :smiley: Love how you used the half walls all along the upper exterior levels to give it that staggered block look you see in castles normally! I hope you can force yourself to start working on it because it's going to be such a fantastic build when it's furnished! :wink:

Whew! Finally done catching up on your new uploads! Guess I'll try to stay on top of them more often :joy:
    Hi @WintersEdge22 thanks for popping by and yeah sorry i been busy as you have now seen though you missed my last upload in your comment lol but don't worry about it i appreciate your friendship and support regardless! <3 As for my castle shell yeah one day i will finish it probs when i finished sorting out the creations i've got already and put on this thread :joy:
    The Castle Castle looks great! :)
    Great looking and well balanced castle! Love how you accidentally called it "Castle Castle" when translated! :joy::joy::joy: I like the look of the garden areas, even if you didn't finish them. I know that garden/landscaping work can take a lot of time so I get why you didn't finish it. But since you made the mistake of joining the forums and starting a showcase, you are going to have people like me pestering you all the time to finish them :joy: Love the throne room and the design you put on the floor! Really love the design you did inside the castle with the long hallways. Lower floors look really well decorated! Beautiful looking party room and awesome science/research area! The crypt looks amazing and has such a creepy atmosphere! Really great job on it and this awesome build! :blush:
    edited October 2020
    Thanks for visiting again and your kind words on Chateau Castle @WintersEdge22! And yes mum I'll do the garden soon when i come back as busy goofing off with friends atm 🀣

Glad you find the crypt atmosphere creepy was exactly what I was aiming for when building it! 😁 Though some have said it's got that game of thrones vibe to it with having the T rex skull down there πŸ˜‚
    edited November 2020
    Just hit 1k downloads so to say thank you i built this, a London bus decoration lot since i'm from uk :wink: Art by @Takissis, Link to her showcase is here.
    London Bus

6OSsSyh.png
    bSgxvVL.png
    8uHYOma.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Congratulations on 1000 downloads! :) Many simmers are enjoying having your creations in their game!
    The decoration of the London bus looks very great! The pictures on the side, llama rd destination signage on the front and the pool lights as wheels looks great! Very nice building wall, with books on display on the window display shelves :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow i'm so thrilled i'm at a loss for words atm :blush:
    Huge congrats on your 1K d/l milestone! I love how creative you were making that UK bus! Looks so cute and amazing! Great details as well! Here's to another 1K d/l's coming your way! :blush:
    Thank you so much @WintersEdge22 I'm glad people like it since i only built it today and didn't want to do a big build and take months to finishing it when the moment would have been long gone by then! πŸ˜…πŸ€£ Still took me a couple of hours like trying to find things to use to make it more realistic ect πŸ˜‰
    You're very welcome! I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes in the past, I built milestone/thank you builds ahead of time so that I could share them instantly when I hit the mark. I wish I could say I was always that prepared, but I'm not :joy: You did a great job making it look realistic with so many windows and the 2nd level being accessible as well. Is the camera angle too tight to get any interior shots? You might consider adding some if it isn't :smiley: